d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Guild Wars 1 & 2 > I Hate Gw2 But Loved Gw1... Any Suggestions???
Prev13456Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22.00
Sep 29 2012 03:27pm
Quote (Buffjesus @ Sep 29 2012 03:36pm)
if what youre saying is true; that wretch has put all of 30 hours into an MMO and is claiming it the greatest thing ever...  :rofl:  oh man

i've put about 80 in so far. possibly more, but that was the last # i looked at.

and have never claimed it's the greatest thing ever or even come close to saying anything like that. Guild Wars was the greatest thing ever ;) that i DO say.
Gold: 6.10
Sep 29 2012 06:30pm
Quote (bradp89 @ Sep 29 2012 05:09pm)
He's not claming its the greatest thing ever.

What you're saying just shows you're ignorant. You're saying just because we dont play 6 hours a day we cant have an opinion on a game?

im saying that if you dont play 6 hours a day and havent reached the end game wall, you cant have a real opinion on end game because you havent done it?

wus hard

This post was edited by Buffjesus on Sep 29 2012 06:41pm
Gold: 0.37
Sep 29 2012 07:07pm
Quote (Buffjesus @ Sep 29 2012 06:30pm)
im saying that if you dont play 6 hours a day and havent reached the end game wall, you cant have a real opinion on end game because you havent done it?

wus hard

You can have an opinion on the game the second you start a character. Your opinion doesnt mean as much as someone who has played 8 hours a day since launch, no. But you, wretch, or anyone can say whatever.
Gold: 281.00
Sep 30 2012 07:46am
Quote (bradp89 @ Sep 29 2012 07:34pm)
Im averaging about an hour a day. I've been playing since the second the servers came online on the 3 day headstart and my highest char is 62. I love the game, just dont have time to play it that much.

Wretch is playing about the same as me if not less. Its not the matter of having a life, it just takes time to progress. It just seems like you're saying you dont like it because you havent gotten out of the starting areas. I dont think you can say you really dont like the game yet. Hell my opinion on the game means nothing, yet. I havent put in enough time to truly say if its good or not. Its an MMO, just like every other one the real fun doesnt usually start until you're max level.

and thats the biggest problem with gw2
i have put more than 200 hours in it and i had a lot of fun. lvling was the most fun in comparison to any other mmorpg.
but at 80, pvp gets incredibly boring and yes, i still could do some things in pve, but those arent any fun.

from a mmo perspective, gw2 isnt that good imo because it lacks a motivating endcontent. in the other hand, 200 hours for 45$ is quite good.
Sep 30 2012 07:53am
Quote (AemKei @ Sep 30 2012 07:46am)
and thats the biggest problem with gw2
i have put more than 200 hours in it and i had a lot of fun. lvling was the most fun in comparison to any other mmorpg.
but at 80, pvp gets incredibly boring and yes, i still could do some things in pve, but those arent any fun.

from a mmo perspective, gw2 isnt that good imo because it lacks a motivating endcontent. in the other hand, 200 hours for 45$ is quite good.

The whole endgame debate shit is really starting to bug me. Its so early on for this game. How many mmo's have you played where there is a lot to do right off the bat when you reach the end game? Im sure in a mpnth or so, after they fix all of the bugs and shit we will see some pretty nice content being added in. Just give it time, its hard for them to fix shit and cater to the people already with hundreds of hours. I'm not saying you need to enjoy it atm or anything because obviously ill get bored at some point also, just saying give it some time.
Gold: 4.00
Sep 30 2012 08:37am
Quote (bradp89 @ Sep 30 2012 02:53pm)
The whole endgame debate shit is really starting to bug me. Its so early on for this game. How many mmo's have you played where there is a lot to do right off the bat when you reach the end game? Im sure in a mpnth or so, after they fix all of the bugs and shit we will see some pretty nice content being added in. Just give it time, its hard for them to fix shit and cater to the people already with hundreds of hours. I'm not saying you need to enjoy it atm or anything because obviously ill get bored at some point also, just saying give it some time.

+1 ;)
Gold: 0.00
Sep 30 2012 04:46pm
as a fellow person with a life, it took me pretty much since release until today to get level 80.

I played GW1 since beta, did all of the things.

When I got onto GW2 I hated it, I couldn't stand the starting areas, I hated listening to GW1 music and getting nostalgic for GW1 while playing GW2.
What I found is that it's really worth the taking your time. There's not a ton at end game, WvW is pretty fixed right now depending on whatever kids switch servers since it's free for a while.
Lots of things to hate about GW2, but a lot to love as the potential it has is awesome. The only question is if they'll go through with it.

But really there's no reason to reach "endgame" right now as Anet's theory seems to be that the whole game is the endgame, or whatever.
If you take your time maybe they'll eventually release some more content as they stated before that endgame isn't totally developed yet.

Things that urk me though is that I don't necessarily like ANY of the armor they've provided us and just bought the kyrtan armor skin and slapped it over some random gear from the TP.

I'd give a lot to have 99% of the old skins back in that game.
Sep 30 2012 05:05pm
Quote (Imarobot @ Sep 30 2012 04:46pm)
as a fellow person with a life, it took me pretty much since release until today to get level 80.

I played GW1 since beta, did all of the things.

When I got onto GW2 I hated it, I couldn't stand the starting areas, I hated listening to GW1 music and getting nostalgic for GW1 while playing GW2.
What I found is that it's really worth the taking your time. There's not a ton at end game, WvW is pretty fixed right now depending on whatever kids switch servers since it's free for a while.
Lots of things to hate about GW2, but a lot to love as the potential it has is awesome. The only question is if they'll go through with it.

But really there's no reason to reach "endgame" right now as Anet's theory seems to be that the whole game is the endgame, or whatever.
If you take your time maybe they'll eventually release some more content as they stated before that endgame isn't totally developed yet.

Things that urk me though is that I don't necessarily like ANY of the armor they've provided us and just bought the kyrtan armor skin and slapped it over some random gear from the TP.

I'd give a lot to have 99% of the old skins back in that game.

I wish the primeval you can get with gems in gw2 looked exactly the same as gw1 warrior primeval. Doesn't look much different but it does enough to make me not like it.
Sep 30 2012 05:10pm
Quote (bradp89 @ Sep 30 2012 06:05pm)
I wish the primeval you can get with gems in gw2 looked exactly the same as gw1 warrior primeval. Doesn't look much different but it does enough to make me not like it.

Yeah. uh. GW1 rocked the boat with this skin. lol.
Sep 30 2012 05:47pm
Okay so I've finally filled my fifth character slot with a Mesmer... which was the only class I really played in GW1 and for some reason avoided in GW2... liking it so far. :)
Go Back To Guild Wars 1 & 2 Topic List
Prev13456Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll