d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > The Better Uber Wolf Guide > Addtional Math And Figures Are Welcome
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,040.00
Aug 5 2011 10:16am
Description: An alternative uber killing character. This is meant to cheap a build that can survive ubers and do it fairly quickly.

Goal: High crushing blow %, fast attack speed, and high resists. Remember, crushing blow% > physical damage.

Gears
Gear: More Expensive Version [relatively]

Weapon: Upgraded Ribcracker [socketed with shael rune to hit the next break point]
Shield: None.
Helm: Guillaume's Face [socketed with Um rune}
Armor: 'Fortitude' Runeword
Gloves: Dracul's Grasp.
Boots: Gorerider
Belt: String of Ears
Amulet: Highlord's Wrath
Rings: Raven Frost X2
Weapon Switch: 'Call to Arms' runeword.
Shield Switch: 'Spirit' runeword in a Monarch

With this set up you achieve 100% crushing blow. Around 60% deadly strike, depending on level of course. Enough open wound % to cancel out the massive regen health that ubers have. More than enough faster hit recovery. Some life leech to help until life tap triggers from Dracul's. The string of ears is very useful. Providing life leech to help survive until life tap triggers, integer magic damage reduce to nullify most the mob's damage, and % damage reduce is a nice bonus. The damage increase from 'Fortitude' is massive. Well worth if the extra high rune if you are going to be running a lot of ubers. Even with casting werewolf ont he cta side, you need 52% ias to reach the next break point. While the sheal rune adds 20% and you only need 2% more, the damage per second increase is well worth it to reach the next break point. The speed much better than adding damage to the weapon. Also, the faster you hit the sooner life tap will cast.

Gear: Even Cheaper Version [aka not using another high rune for Fortitude]

Weapon: Upgraded Ribcracker [socketed with shael rune to hit the next break point]
Helm: Guillaume's Face [socketed with Um rune}
Armor: 'Smoke' Runeword
Boots: Gorerider

Still 100% crushing blow but with less physical damage. There are quite a few options for armor other than 'Smoke', however. Smoke is a great option as the runes are very easy to obtain and it gives +50% to all resists.

Gear: Even Cheaper Version #2 Jalah based[aka not using another high rune for Fortitude]

Helm: Jalal's Mane [socketed with Um rune}
Armor: 'Duress' Runeword
Boots: Goblin Toe

90% Crushing blow is reached. This set up will net you more life and attack rating than the fortitude build. Notice the boot switch from Gorerider to Goblin Toe. This keeps crushing blow as high as possible. Since the majority of total damage done to ubers is from cb%, think of the goblin toe as taking the majority of the uber's health 10% faster. Even with the additional skills from Jalah's, sheal rune is still needed to hit the next attack speed break point.

The short coming of all of these builds is attack rating. Angelic's amulet and rings is an alternative. The down side is that to get the maximum effect from the Angelic set you need to use 2 of the set rings and an additional high rune, Cham, or switch belts. Angelic amulet + 1 angelic ring + raven frost is an option to cheaply boost attack rating at the expense of lower average physical damage. Trang-Oul's Girth, the set troll belt, has cannot be frozen and massive life so it can be used instead of Cham rune if you want to go full angelic jewelry.

Charms:
This is meant for running ubers to get torches, so don't build around using a Hellfire Torch. Annihilus is quite useful for the extra stats and resists. The additional experience is also not to be over looked as you still get experience from killing the uber monsters themselves in uber trist even if the mobs no longer give you exp. The experience drops off as you get to level 90.
Shapeshifter grand charms are the way to go if you can get them. If you can't dont worry. Try to fill you inventory with resist and life charms as you can. Plain life small charms and plain single resist charms will help a great deal and are cheap or easily found. While obviously 45lifer SS gcs and 20life/5res all charms are best, don't worry if you are using 1x life small charms and 6-9 single res charms or plain SS gcs. They will make a large difference.

Skills:
20 Werewolf
20 Lycanthropy
20 Fury
20 Heart of Wolverine
1 Carrion Vine
1 into twister for the extra 7%
Rest into cyclone armor

Carrion vine will add to your health by eating the corpses of mobs that stray to close and get slapped with fury. There are too many mobs for poison creeper to be used to stop the uber's regen life. Heart of Wolverine will increase you killing speed while it is alive. It will die a lot but is a nice increase to dps and attack rating while it lives. Once life tap is cast you only need around 3000 life to stay alive, if even that much. Cast cyclone armor on the cta/spirit side before going into ubers and before starting battle with each additional uber monster. Do not cast cyclone armor during the battle with the uber. It does not absorb enough damage compared to how much you get from attacking a monster cursed with life tap.

Stats:
Strength- add enough for gear
Dexterity-none
Vitality- the rest after you have enough strength to use gears. Shift-click will speed this up.
Energy-none

Prebuffing:
This is easy as can be. People other myself long ago discovered that there is only one way to do this. Use the cta/spirit side to cast everything; cyclone armor, summons, and werewolf form itself.

1. start in human form
2. cast bc
3. cast spirit & vine
4. cast bc and bo for your spirit and yourself
5. transform into werewolf
6. switch to ribcracker

Strategy:
Kill one uber at a time. Others have made maps of exactly where to move so as to only battle one uber at a time. It involves going along the southern edge of the town. This keeps the minion mobs to a minimum so more fury strikes hit the intended uber monster. Having rejuvenation potions is a must to ensure you stay live until life tap casts. If your cold resist is low or lower, drink a couple of belt fulls of thawing potions. The more you drink the longer the additional resist from the potion lasts. Very useful versus uber Meph.
When battling Lilith, make sure to drink 2 full belt fulls of antidote potions before hand. The amount of time the potion's effect is active increases with every potion you drink up to a fairly high limit. Make sure to also keep a good mount of of antidote potions in the belt while battling Lilith and keep your trigger finger on the hot key to drink one the moment she poisons you.

Conclusion:
This is my first guide. While it is light on math and figures, I think the principles are sound. High crushing blow% combined with fast attack speed, life tap, decent physical damage, and resists is all any character needs to defeat ubers. This not meant to be the best uber guide or the fastest, but rather one for druids that can be built using inexpensive gear while staying alive and keeping killing speed respectable.
Gold: 384.00
Aug 5 2011 10:30am
Make treachery and pre buff fade extra res and dr free :thumbsup:
Gold: 0.00
Aug 5 2011 10:59am
way to rip off my guide, some of that is copy & pasted and you probably havent even tested it out
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=56773520&f=87

This post was edited by pensfanlf on Aug 5 2011 11:07am
Gold: 1,823.00
Aug 5 2011 11:00am
Smiter >
Aug 5 2011 11:16am
Quote (pensfanlf @ Aug 5 2011 11:59am)
way to rip off my guide, some of that is copy & pasted and you probably havent even tested it out
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=56773520&f=87

You are not the first person to make an uber fury wolf druid. All you did was make a bad guide on an old build and refuse to accept the help that was given and that your guide so desperately needed.

Don't need troll comments from godest.

Quote (hartside @ Aug 5 2011 11:30am)
Make treachery and pre buff fade extra res and dr free  :thumbsup:

You're right. Would be good help vs meph. Since he is the first you take out the fade will really help vs him.
Aug 5 2011 11:17am
Quote (louisxiv42 @ Aug 5 2011 02:16pm)
You are not the first person to make an uber fury wolf druid. All you did was make a bad guide on an old build and refuse to accept the help that was given and that your guide so desperately needed.

You're right. Would be good help vs meph. Since he is the first you take out the fade will really help vs him.

have you actually made this build and tried it out?
and i know i am not the first, but you copy and pasted from my guide, admit it, you're pathetic

This post was edited by pensfanlf on Aug 5 2011 11:20am
Aug 5 2011 11:24am
Quote (pensfanlf @ Aug 5 2011 12:17pm)
have you actually made this build and tried it out?
and i know i am not the first, but you copy and pasted from my guide, admit it, you're pathetic

Copy and pasted what? Adding 20 to werewolf? Adding nothing to energy? Every section has a different format and different advice.

I looked and your terrible guide and decided that it was a sham. People looking for a cheap character deserve better. Have you even tried out my build? Didn't think so. Simple math points to by guide being better.
Aug 5 2011 11:28am
Quote (louisxiv42 @ Aug 5 2011 02:24pm)
Copy and pasted what? Adding 20 to werewolf? Adding nothing to energy? Every section has a different format and different advice.

I looked and your terrible guide and decided that it was a sham. People looking for a cheap character deserve better. Have you even tried out my build? Didn't think so. Simple math points to by guide being better.

lol, you use fort... that will fail
make your guide first before you post
Gold: 700.07
Aug 5 2011 11:30am
Sorry to say but this build woudn't work. You're lacking mad resist and would never survive in there!

You should mention that you need 300 stacked res in order to have 75res with meph's conviction. Also you have no useful sorb..

Here's my suggestion, try out this build before writing it! Switch out strings for tgod (so meph doesn't one shot you). Use CoH instead of fort for stacked res, some DR and amp dmg to demons.

Achieving 100 cb is overkill. the cap is 90 or 95 anyway. You simply need 80+. Deadly strike doesn't affect Ubers much, it's next to pointless to have more than 15-20%.

With your 1st setup (which according to you is the best), you get: ~30res from fort, 30 from anya, 30 light res from highlords, 15 from Um's guillaumes, 40 cold sorb from ravens (which is only good against Uber Dudu).

So you res look like this: 75 all res and 105 light res. Which means that you would need to get 20x 11res scs or each kind (1 less for light) in order to reach 300 stacked res. Which you don't have the invintory for.. lol.

Another option would be to use tgod, dwarf and wisp to sorb and bring your stacked res to 200. Which means that you would need 11x 11res scs of each kind (once again 1 less for light).

Next time you feel like bashing on a build, think it through! :)

This post was edited by nsx56 on Aug 5 2011 11:50am
Gold: 1,823.00
Aug 5 2011 11:53am
Quote (louisxiv42 @ Aug 5 2011 10:16am)

Smiter >

E. Fail guide is fail

This post was edited by Godest on Aug 5 2011 11:54am
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll