d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > The 1.13 95% Es Firewall Sorc V1.2 > That's Right
12311Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
May 16 2010 08:26am
The Dueling Firewall sorc

V1.2
Added Max block viability
Precised builds pro and con
Corrected grammar

Faqs about firewall:

Does over 30k to 40k per second
60 yards long
Have 2 synergies, Warmth (GFG for ES) and inferno, 1 mastery
Cant be blocked by weapon block (assassin claw block)
Perpendicular to character's vision line
Can be stacked
Can FHR lock people

I got the idea about firewall sorc some time ago. I posted it on jsp as an idea and nobody were interested really. So some time ago i made a fireball sorc, and respec into firewall, and it was owning. Than i decided to make a char that was fully firewall and respec my sorc again into fb.
Many people doesn't take fw sorc seriously, when they see me in the game they joke around with my wall, until they die, than they rage because they got raped by a firewall sorc.
You may as well still think this is a joke, it's up to you, but this character can kill faster than an hdin.

How is it done?

1.0 My char

2.0 Achievement

3.0 Stats

4.0 Skills
4.1 ES faqs

5.0 Gear

6.0 Overall Strategies
6.1 Specific Strategies

1.0 My char
So, lets start with my own char, because everthing else will be based on it!

First of all, here are her stats screen

She currently wear the main build, which is damage build, i also have a FCR/FHR build stashed.
Everything is perfect on her.
She doesn't have Bmanas, i'm ladder.

2.0 Achievement

Builds
FHR/FCR build
Damage build

Break points

FHR

Frames 15........................................0
Frames 14........................................5
Frames 13........................................9
Frames 12.......................................14
Frames 11.......................................20
Frames 10.......................................30
Frames 9........................................42
Frames 8........................................60
Frames 7........................................86
Frames 6.......................................142
Frames 5.......................................280

FCR

Frames 13........................................0
Frames 12........................................9
Frames 11.......................................20
Frames 10.......................................37
Frames 9........................................63
Frames 8.......................................105
Frames 7.......................................200

As a firewall sorc, you run more than you teleport, so FCR isn't necessary as much as other kind of sorcs, also firewall is a slow attack like blizzard, so FCR wont matter much. FHR might be a problem though when opposing trappers, wind druid, charger, but it doesnt matter than much, if you care too much about it you can use more FHR gcs.

Damage build
Life and mana shown on screen shot
-30% all resistance
8% dr
31k Damage
-60% ennemy resistance
30% FHR
63% FCR

FHR/FCR build
300 more life
600-800 more mana
5 all resistance (not considering resist from ammy and rings)
18% dr
34k-35k Damage
-10% ennemy resistance
86% FHR
105% FCR

3.0 Stats

Stats is an important section, but really easy to understand.

You want you sorc to have the following stats:

Strength - Enough for spirit
Dexterity - None (Note - if you decide to go max block, you could use a JMOD)
Vitality - None
Energy - Everything else

Why all energy, won't i be easy to kill?
Because your ES will be at 95%

This is what makes Firewall sorc pretty godly. First of all, it have 2 synergies, one is 4% other is 1%. So you can easily sacrifice the 1% one to get 95% es, that will be about 3-4k damage out of 30-40k.

Why getting 95% ES is really worthing it?

The 4% synergy of firewall is warmth, so maxing warmth will give you a godlike mana resplenish. That's also why you will go all energy and noting into life.

4.0 Skills

Skills, another important section, but it have already been discussed.
This build is done at 90

So classed by skill tree it would look like this:

Lighting skills
Telekinesis - 20
Energy shield - 15 (with regular prebuff, no gcs)
Others - 4

Cold skills
None

Fire skills
Firewall - 20
Fire mastery - 20
Warmth - 20
Inferno - 1
Other - 1

Rest
Either all inferno

or you get hydra
and rest inferno

4.1 ES faqs

ES is kinda complicated if you don't know anything about it, but i'm here to explain it to you!

Does resistance and damage reduce % works on ES?
No, these only work on health, so on the 5% damage it'll receive, you wont have to matter much about resist or dr.
On the other side, if you have -100% resist, you will get 10% damage on hp instead of 5%, if you have 75% you will get 1.25%
ES works like if you had 0 resistance to that element, it fully take damages, depending on you telekinesis level.

How does telekinesis works with ES? why maxing it?
When you have 0 telekinesis, per point of damage you receive you will get double the damage, so 1dmg = 2mana lost. Each points added into telekinesis reduce that point of damage by 0,0625, so maxing it will result into receiving 1.25 less damage from the 2 point you had at 0 skill spent. That mean for each point of damage you get you will lose 0.75 mana.
With 95% es it will be 0.7125 mana lost. All of this mean that maxing telekinesis provide to ES a dr and resist of 25%.

For more informations about ES, you can go there http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=3448795

5.0 Gear

Now the fun and viable part.

Fcr/Fhr build
Damage build
No color means both build

°°Helmet°°
3/20/2 Fire circlet - 10%/-10% faceted
Shako - 5%/-5% faceted

°°Armor°°
Enigma - You don't need resistance, and it gives 2skills, FRW, str, life, damage on mana

°°Belt°°
Arach - no other choice, skill, FCR, mana
I tried 24FHR/10FCR belt but you lose too much mana from soj, and much damage, but it could always be a second option

°°Gloves°°
Frostburn - All energy, 40% mana, anything better? no

°°Boots°°
30FRW/10FHR crafted mana boots
Treks - If you cant afford, or want the FHR, poison res is always nice too for pure es with low resist

°°Ammy°°
2skill 13%FCR crafter ammy with str, mana, life
2skill 20%FCR crafter ammy with str, mana, life
Note: you could only use a 20%FCR one, but they're always harder to find with good stats

°°Rings°°
Soj - mass mana, 1skill
FCR ring with str, mana, life
Second soj

°°Weapons°°
30%/-30% sword - the negative resist is godly and add massive damage
Infinity - You lose about 3k damage, and gain -35% resist, but you must be close for it to have effect, so i prefer sword and shield
Eschuta 25% fire
Orb +3Fire +3Firewall +3Mastery 20FCR 2Sockets - 10%/-10% faceted, godly damage, FCR, -10% res, a godly weapon

°°Shields°°
20%/-20% Monarch - Negative res is really important, once again
Spirit - FHR/FCR mass mana

°°Switch°°
Cta + spirit

°°ES prebuff°°
+3 light amulet
+3 light circlet
+3 ES ormus
+9 ES memory
A second soj for damage build
+15 points = 95% es

°°Charms°°
For gcs, you can go with what you want
Frw gcs (like i said, you walk more than you teleport)
Vita gcs (more life is always good)
FHR gcs (if you dont like 30% BP)

°°Scs°°
Vita mana scs, only way to go
20/17s

Obviously
Torch
Anni

Viability:
You could always go max block by getting a Jeweler monarch of deflecting. At lvl 95, with the gear above you need 245 total dexterity.
Getting max block lower my mana by 886 points out of 3846, that's 23% of the pool.
Might worth it to some people though when dueling in pubs.

6.0 Overall Strategies

This picture that i made explain much about how firewall works

As you see, the spots where you click to attack with firewall a same target make a circle between you and ennemy, so have that in mind and everything will be fine when you're dueling, you won't have to namelock all the time.

Firewall works same as blizzard, with higner damage and less -resistance. Only different things are that it hits more often (when you touch it) but it's easy to get out.

Name lock with firewall can be godly, if you name lock someone and he tele about 3 screens away, you will still making firewall on him. So if he decide to tele away to sit and cast, hes dead.

Remember to always precast ES, you're all energy so you will get owned fast if you ES with base gear, you will get about 85% es so you will die 3x faster.

Firewall can be stacked. You can stack about 2.5 firewalls together, making 1 wall doing about 100k damage per second. I say 2.5 because as you do the third one, the first one dissapear, but it doesnt dissapear instantly, it does from middle to extremity, same as they appear

Also, always abuse mana resplenish from maxed warmth, your mana can be fulled in about 20 second.

6.1 Specific Strategies

I will explain how to duel versus common classes, and common build, so things such as fire trap sin, fire druid, poison java zon etc, wont be explained. I won't explain it because you do about anything and they are basicly dead.

Build used will always be damage build, except if said otherwise
These strategy are mostly for gm dueling, but it can always apply to bm.
So if they use stacked resistance, and sorb, you might not kill them, just like any fire sorc, but the -60% help pretty much.

Amazons

Bow:Medium

Time to use hydra if you have it it will make them spam dodge, so they won't do any damage. If you don't have hydra its still alright. You're not max block, so if he spam arrows, get out of mini-map vision and come from somewhere he wouldn't have guessed, than you make a wall and tele away, it's normally an instant death, if not, he will stop attacking and run out, so come back fast and firewall again.

Java:Easy-Hard

They are pretty easy if they doesnt teleport, but light fury is still a pain, so its about same as bow zon, but their attack is alot slower, so it's easier. For telezon, stand into a firewall you made, wait for her to teleport on you than you tele away, and she's probly dead.

Assassin

Ghost:Hard

Thanks god claw block doesn't work with firewall. The problem with them isn't that they do damage, the problem is their resistance. You don't do much damage to them, but you will get them! All you have to do is to run into your wall, as she tele on you, you tele out and she ww into walls, she get hurt and you make another wall, either on you to repeat or on them. If you can, try to tele like that:

So that way she will get hurt the whole ww, works better on longuer ww

Trapper:Hard

They will obviously play defensive and mind blast the shit out of you, so you'll have to grab FHR/FCR gear. When she mb she will stays in position, so if you firewall her before she get you, either she die, or she will tele away, not mind blasting you. If trap damage is too heavy tele away and repeat until shes dead, otherwise keep her namelocked, and firewall the shit outta her.

Hybrid: Medium-Hard

Not as hard as trapper, not as hard as ghost. Hybrid are normally trappers with umed claws, so openwounds. Either her trap damage is low and does high damage, either she does no physical damage and high trap damage. If her trap does no damage, treat as ghost. If they hurt and she try to melee you far from them, tank her because only her open wound will damage you, so tanking or teleing away will result in same hp lost, so you make wall on yourself and wait.

Necromancer

Bone: Easy

With ES, magical damage is kinda bugged, and does less damage than they really would, works with hammers too. Necro normally have low fire resist, so these 2 combined means easy duel, you normally 1 hit kill a necro that doesnt wear hotspurs. If they do, you will still win because of the massive negative resistance your gear provide. All you have to do is walk and cast firewall as they cast slow bone spirit, once you casted firewall they will tele away, you follow them and at same time all bone spirits will be left behind, and you repeat same thing. Be carefull, they might use bone prison so be ready to tele.

Poison:Medium-Hard

Kinda same as bone, but their poison affect directly your hp, and at 1k you won't last long. They have to come close though to kill you, so simply spam firewall as you walk, and they will eventually tele in them. They usually spam teleport and than break in to nova you, at that time you tele 1 screen away and firewall him. This might be hard to master though.

Barb: Medium-Hard

Ww barb

Barb is kinda like ghost, but weaker. They don't have annoying shadow and fade but does more damage. Once again, you have to cast firewall and walk into them, barb will tele and ww you, tele away and try to do same as sins. Watch out for these ww, they hurts every hits if you're not max block.

Paladins

Hammer:Easy

Like i said before, magic damage won't do as much damage as they would with ES. If you're defeating a defensive hdin, tele close to him and firewall him, he will teleport away, keep him namelocked and job should be done. For offensive hdin you simple stack wall on you and they will tele on you, and almost instantly die, you will tank 2-3 hammers but he will die.

Smiter: Hard

Most smiter will use fire resist and charge, so we will need to get FCR/FHR gear, but using this will make fire resist even stronger and even with FHR/FCR gear if charge gets you, you're dead. The strategy although is to make wall and tele as it appear and the same way it does, and than hope the smiter synch into it. You could always play defensive with damage gear and go in a corner and stack firewall, thats what i do sometime.

Foher:Easy

Foh normally walk, and stop to attack, so you simply namelock them and see them falling. Conviction or not, you're already low on resist and using ES, so it doesnt matter.

Zealer: Easy

Low resist, normally instant death, dont get caught and you'll be fine.

Sorceress

Best way to duel svs is to spam some wall everywhere, they will end up teleing on one and getting FHR lock and die. This is specially effective versus 200FCR sorces

Lighting sorc:easy-Medium

Svs is always a matter of namelocking. Light sorc are powefull but slow, so the matter is to be faster than them at attacking. Good part on firewall is that it's not a missile, so if both namelocked at same time, you get the advantage. So namelock fast, shoot tele away, and you'll be fine.

Blizzard sorc: Medium

This duel is the most balanced duel. If you cast firewall you probly have a blizzard over your head. Blizzard wont hit often though so you can keep the namelock, and the other sorc cant. You can tank about 3-4 blizz hits. But you don't want to try and see if you can tank that blizzard, what you wanna do is to wait for her to come close and than cast firewall and tele out of blizzard.

Fireball sorc:Easy-Hard

This might be an easy duel if they are offensive, and might be hard too if they are defensive and all they do is spamming. You take them like zon, you tele away so they don't see you in mini-map, and come from somewhere she wont thing about. Once you broke to her, firewall her and probly instant death, or she will tele away, keep the namelock.

200Fcr sorces:easy

These can really be easy, 200fcr doesnt really have good gear, meaning that your damage are gg vs them. You simple cast firewall anywhere and let her tele in them, if she attack you, tele away and recast firewalls.

Druids

Wind druids: Medium-Hard

It can be hard if he have much heath and resist. Theres 2 way to duel them, either you stack firewall like with hammerdin or you run into your wall. If you stack and they doesnt have stacked resist they will die before you, otherwise you're dead. Other way to duel them is to walk into you firewall as i said. You walk into them and when he come close either he tele close or on you, if he tele on you he gets hurt, if he tele beside firewall on him. So it would be like that, firewall on ground, firewall on him, ground, him, ground, etc. You can also take FCR/FHR gear and stack firewall, he will tele on you and you tele away, he will either die or recast so you repeat this over and do both strategies.

Shape druid: Easy-Medium

These doesnt tele, and normally walk fast, so best strategy would be to make a wall and walk into it, or make cross firewall, so have no other choice than to pass it. When crossing them, make sure the druid walk where it cross, does much more damage.

That's it for my build, i made this like a week or 2 ago, and decided to share it. I hope i will see more of these around soon ^^
It's a fun char that does great damage, and people arn't used to lose versus them or to even duel them, so they rage pretty easily and think they suck.

Have a good day!
Let me know any modification that you would bring to my build, or if you would rewrite something!

Thanks for reading

Repost from here to correct grammar, to change hosting website, to add maxblock viability.
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=43746282&f=87&o=0

May 16 2010 08:50am
Tommyvv's 900k >
Gold: 0.00
May 16 2010 08:50am
Quote (Synonym @ May 17 2010 12:50am)
Tommyvv's 900k >

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8u7px_GzWQ
, but darkkobra's immortal barb >
Gold: 185.50
May 16 2010 08:52am
not bad at all , but might be difficult to really master it
Gold: 617.15
May 16 2010 08:53am
havent read all but there is alot of good details and I kinda like that its something new..

I am treorycraft a bit around with this
Banned
Gold: 10.00
Warn: 20%
May 16 2010 09:13am
if someone has same/similar sorc in eu sc nl im into making some test duelz
with my windy, 95 es blizz and bvc!

Sounds interesting but imo avoiding firewalls is ez shit so this build may be good just 'on paper' :/

This post was edited by mysz15 on May 16 2010 09:13am
Gold: 822.00
May 16 2010 09:31am
Quote (Sergeant01 @ 16 May 2010 16:26)
The Dueling Firewall sorc

V1.2

[...]

Corrected grammar

Abort the overuse of centered text.
Nothing disturbs the eye more than one large wall of centered, coloured and bolded text. You only make it less readable <_<

Correct your grammar/spelling carefully (several errors remain).

Let me know when v1.3 is up and I might read it.

This post was edited by Eywa on May 16 2010 09:34am
May 16 2010 09:36am
needs more colours
May 16 2010 09:43am
Quote (Eywa @ May 16 2010 06:31pm)
Abort the overuse of centered text.
Nothing disturbs the eye more than one large wall of centered, coloured and bolded text. You only make it less readable <_<

Correct your grammar/spelling carefully (several errors remain).

Let me know when v1.3 is up and I might read it.

Who reads guides nowadays?
It's all about the pretty pictures:

Banned
Warn: 10%
May 16 2010 09:43am
nvm
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12311Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll