d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Strength Training W/ B4 Pics > Need Support/suggestions
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,245.00
Nov 9 2010 11:47am

Main Goal: Increase muscle mass while maintaining BF% and see some overall gains (10-15%) for each of the 5 core exercises by Superbowl Sunday while not destroying my cardio and muscle endurance.*
Secondary Goal: Rape-able grip strength(like cmburns strong but relative to my build)

* so many trainers tell my it wont hurt my cardio/endurance but I've bulked in the past and the fact of the matter(at least for me) I'm sucking wind come springtime, hard.

As most of you know it is winter strength training for me. I have a typical diet that works well for me throughout the year. Anyway, some of the major issues I deal with this time of year is weight loss and just looking for some new ideas. Here are my nutritional facts I generally get per day.

Daily KEY nutrients:
  • Kcal: 4000-5000 Trying to up this to 6,000.
  • Carbs: 50-60% of cal intake...250g-350g daily. Trying to up this to 400g+
  • Total fat: So many I can't even count. Maybe there is a magic number. It's high, like 250g+ daily.
  • Sat. fat: 10% of cal intake...<50g but generally between 30-40g. Not changing this.
  • Protz: 300-350g but trying to hit 400g+ daily.
  • Fiber: 50g+ I eat so much fiber its not even funny. Basically takes care of bowel movements from all the dairy I eat.

Going to implement more red meat into my diet. Thinking of going after the children...ie Lamb/veal and grass feed. Looking for the healthiest protein supplement too. I will need to introduce this into my system very slowly as to not shock it. I don't want creatine and don't want to be bulky. Just pure lean muscle gain. Also, very interested in protein synthesis and how much I can absorb from supplements vs whole foods at one time. I'm not too knowledgable about this topic and from my understanding, 30g from wholefoods at one time is more then enough. Some Tia Chi and Yoga is also used for balance/breathing/focus/stretching. Trying to start once a week group Tia Chi again. Great for learning how to really hurt people twice your size when running your mouth at a party.(BONES this could be great for you and RAPDAWG too) It's fun when you are scrawn to have 6' 3" 225lbs meathead kneeling at your side and basically crying for you to let go of his hand/elbow before it breaks. Chicks dig that shit too. Passive violence FTW, no fist-to-cuffs. Just make sure he doesn't land a few punches or get hold of you. Quickness is key for that shit.

Cardio will be cut from 1-2 hours 5-6 times a week to 1 big cardio day and 3x 20-30 minute intense workout days. Think sprints but in the pool on the bike and the rock wall.

Workout routine:
5 day schedule changed from my 3 day.
  • Day 1: Chest/Arms
  • Day 2: Legs
  • Day 3: Shoulders/Back
  • Day 4: Cardio/Core
  • Day 5: Olympic Day
  • Day 6: recover

Workout Summary:
  • Change is key for me. I don't do the same thing week in/week out.
  • Test max on 5 one or two times a month(this depends on how I feel and who is at gym for spots) I hate spotters that help before you start to fail(or the bar goes back down to your chest for example) Lrn 2 spot.
  • Sometimes I work to failure(how often and is this really good, I've seen many arguments in both directions on this.)
  • Basically 5x5 or 6's on most free weight bar exercises and 4x8 on DB. I do add some light endurance stuff( Ie. 40-50 reps of 100lbs on bench or Powersquats with 100-150 lbs).
  • Resistance and HS machines is generally 3x15.
  • Some day's i'll use the bar and others will be DB's. Others will be a combo of both.
  • Various explosive/balancing body weight exercises.
  • 2 hour workout per day
  • Once a month I train with a CPT for 1 hour. Primarily for form tweaks/motivation.
  • Form is good.

Seeking help with:

I love constructive criticism. Could really use advice on proper deloading, some diet suggestions and maybe how to improve my 5 day rotation. I tend to like high volume workouts but cut the volume significantly during this time of year. Feel free to troll/flame/spam but if you are going to make a suggestion or recommendation please add valid and creditability points and arguments. Don't say: "Do this because it rocks." Remember that I need to be able to climb/boulder for 1 hour 4-5 days a week too(to improve technique). Another problem is, I need to exhaust myself enough to the point of sedation without OVERTRAINING. It is extremely difficult task.

NN help with motivation. I have that down pat. Thank you in advance for all your help. Will try to finish my thread on the 4 basic nutrients tonight.
Gold: 0.00
Nov 9 2010 11:51am
i dont want to troll or anything but you should cut that upper pic a little..

its showing your butt a bit too much :-S

i'll read the text now

edit: wheres the neck training in your workour routine?
and i nearly train like you...

same here: ( on different days ofc)
chest/arms
back/shoulders/neck
legs

imo you thought it through i guess there is not much to add...just continue with it and you'll reach your goals

This post was edited by msk123 on Nov 9 2010 11:54am
Nov 9 2010 11:53am
Quote (msk123 @ Nov 9 2010 05:51pm)
i dont want to troll or anything but you should cut that upper pic a little..

its showing your butt a bit too much :-S

i'll read the text now

Glutes. I'll try to get hammys and a better lat and tri shot up.

This post was edited by Nozguleth on Nov 9 2010 11:54am
Nov 9 2010 11:56am

This post was edited by Nozguleth on Nov 9 2010 11:58am
Nov 9 2010 11:58am
Quote (Nozguleth @ Nov 9 2010 05:53pm)
Glutes. I'll try to get hammys and a better lat and bicep shot up.

yeah but still dont want to see how well you train your ass :-S

anyway i edited my post , but i will say it once again:

i think that if you go on like this you will most probably be able to reach your goals ..

whats your weight/height?(maybe i missed that)

and also: you shouldnt learn tai chai or whatever to be able to hurt people...
bad attitude imo... no matter what girls might think you should not play all tough.. (maybe i got that party thing wrong ..you mean disco with it?)

martial arts are supposed to be selfdefence only ( and i never even heard of tai chi to teach any kind of grips and stuff..) thought thats more of a sport for your ease of mind

anyway good job far!

This post was edited by msk123 on Nov 9 2010 12:01pm
Gold: 2,350.69
Warn: 10%
Nov 9 2010 12:02pm
nice secondary goal lol
Nov 9 2010 12:02pm
Quote (msk123 @ Nov 9 2010 05:58pm)
yeah but still dont want to see how well you train your ass :-S

anyway i edited my post , but i will say it once again:

i think that if you go on like this you will most probably be able to reach your goals ..

whats your weight/height?

and also you shouldnt learn tai chai or whatever to be able to hurt people...
but attitude imo... no matter what girls might think you should not play all tough..

martial arts are supposed to be selfdefence only ( and i never even heard of tai chi to teach any kind of grips and stuff..) thought thats more of a sport for your ease of mind

LOL I agree, that is just me trolling. Sorry.

5' 10.5" @ 158 lbs. Me sucking in.

Quote (Duckling @ Nov 9 2010 06:02pm)
nice secondary goal lol

semi troll.

This post was edited by Nozguleth on Nov 9 2010 12:03pm
Gold: 195.00
Nov 9 2010 12:03pm
You should start making more fitness videos. I already subscribed to your youtube channel, I think you'd get a lot of viewers.
It seems to me your extremely knowledgeable about healthy foods and cardio workouts. Imo.
Gold: 2,350.69
Warn: 10%
Nov 9 2010 12:04pm
Quote (Nozguleth @ Nov 9 2010 02:02pm)

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/5007/suckf.jpg

semi troll.

not even trolling you ... god damn

its a good goal to have (its one of my goals because i go rock climbing sometimes and im trying to get better at it) but i just found it funny how you called it rape-able grip

i don't troll people i have much better things to do..
Nov 9 2010 12:07pm
Quote (Nozguleth @ Nov 9 2010 06:02pm)

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/5007/suckf.jpg

semi troll.

158 lbs? if that is really true then you got a good basis..
something you can really build mass up on...

i am @ 214 lbs right now and my goal is 220 lbs
height = 6.2

all natural ofc
i almost reached my goals.. <-- they kept me motivated all the time..

imo it is important to have a goal, coz that will motivate you to go on and continue with your training...

if u got no goal you might get lazy...

This post was edited by msk123 on Nov 9 2010 12:12pm
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll