d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1175317541755175617572039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.75
Feb 25 2014 10:45am
Keep hearing conflicting results on this one.. are stretch marks genetic?
Can they be prevented by coconut oil / vit e oils, or cocoa butter?

Or is it purely genetic
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Feb 25 2014 05:26pm
Quote (exonerated @ Feb 24 2014 09:26pm)
Hey Raynor.  Im six weeks into keto, down 11 pounds but my diet has been pretty meh at best.  Now that Vegas/Summer is getting closer, could you recommend me a better diet?  I know my macros aren't where they should be and am looking to get more serious.  Im 5'10" weighing 185 exactly.  Still using the cutting routine, gym 6x days a week.  Last year I was left with that tiny bit of fat on my stomach with no abs popping and don't want that happening again!

My schedule sucks, most days I am at the gym early in the morning because I have class all afternoon and then go directly to work.  Are low carb quest bars ok on keto?

Lastly, I have been pyramiding weight on the cutting plan from lighter to heavier to ensure I get all the reps required.  Would it be better to go heavier then lighter?

Show me your exact diet so i can tweak it, rather than create a new one.

Quest bars are NOT OK on Keto. Sugar alcohols count when it comes to getting thrown out of ketosis, I am not a believer of the "zero impact" effect.

Yes, you can go from heavier to lighter.
Feb 25 2014 05:31pm
Quote (dgkblack @ Feb 25 2014 01:03am)
A few questions in regards to this topic:

Doesn't your thyroid gland impact your rate of gains as well? Also heard there are other hormones involved other than testosterone.

Could someone with low T make gains? Sorry for the random questions. We're learning about this stuff in Anatomy & Physiology and I just find it interesting.

Yes! All of the above is correct, but also it takes a very extreme case to cause serious problems - which is very rare.

Everyone is genetically different, and every person can gain/lose fat/muscle at different rates.

Assuming we are on a baseline of "average" - the above should not be worried about.

If someone has a SEVERE problem with gaining body fat, I will always investigate the possibilities of an underactive thyroid.

In 99.9% of cases, the above does not pertain.
Gold: 20,142.63
Feb 25 2014 06:23pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Feb 25 2014 07:26pm)
Show me your exact diet so i can tweak it, rather than create a new one.

Quest bars are NOT OK on Keto. Sugar alcohols count when it comes to getting thrown out of ketosis, I am not a believer of the "zero impact" effect.

Yes, you can go from heavier to lighter.

I completely agree, never believed in sugar alcohols. However, I was looking at these which are mostly fiber: http://www.questproteinbar.com/protein-bars/cookies-and-cream-box-of-12.html . Mainly something to use when stuck at school or desperate need of a snack.

My normal diet/routine is roughly this, I feel that it's pretty bad/lacking veggies (I only really eat broccoli):

Class Days (3x a Week - always in a hurry)
2x Scoop Protein (3-4 Carbs, 1 scoop is isopure zero carb)
Gym
3-4 Eggs with slice of cheese
Atkins meal - Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
1x Scoop Protein with 3 deviled eggs (Isopure zero carb)
10x Chicken Wings with buffalo sauce or 2x linguica patties or Low fiber tortilla (5carbs) with 1/2 cup grilled chicken and sprinkle or cheese
Protein Shake + Cheese Stick

Other 4 days
2x Scoop protein (3-4 Carbs, 1 scoop is isopure)
-Wait a few hours-
3-4 Eggs with cheese
2x Linguica Patties
Gym
1 Scoop Protein (Isopure zero carb)
10x Chicken Wings or Low fiber tortilla (5carbs) with 1/2 cup grilled chicken and sprinkle or cheese
Feb 25 2014 08:30pm
Quote (killerz888 @ Feb 25 2014 01:32am)
So I recently got some weights. I was wondering what exercises are possible with these 2 bars? I was wanting to work out the most areas of my body.
http://i.imgur.com/z6WQoIE.jpg

Curls, reverse curls, laying skullcrushers, standing skullcrushers, bent over rows, overhead presses, front raises, shrugs, deadlifts, squats, lunges, calf raises, and so forth. For a complete guide of exercises, go here:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/
Feb 25 2014 08:35pm
Quote (ForbiddenOath606 @ Feb 25 2014 12:45pm)
Keep hearing conflicting results on this one.. are stretch marks genetic?
Can they be prevented by coconut oil / vit e oils, or cocoa butter?

Or is it purely genetic

A person's natural tendency towards stretch marks is indeed partially genetic, partially dietary, partially environmental, and partially due to particular training.

However, that being said, prevention/reduction of stretch marks can be accomplished several ways -

Slow down the rate of muscular gains (this sucks, I know), cocoa butter, vitamin e oil, constant hydration (1-1.5 gals of water per day), eliminate smoking/drinking alcohol, and even light stretching before/during/after workouts (as well as your time off).

However, in the end, if you are predisposed to them, you're going to get them, no and's if's or but's. EMBRACE the stretchmarks! They are a sign of high quality rapid muscular gains, and a mark of testosterone fueled manhood. They are your battlescars from years of torture at the gym.

If you are referring to stretchmarks caused by rapid fat gain, that is a totally different story, and will require surgical intervention to completely remove them if necessary.
Gold: 0.00
Feb 25 2014 11:24pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Feb 25 2014 07:30pm)
Curls, reverse curls, laying skullcrushers, standing skullcrushers, bent over rows, overhead presses, front raises, shrugs, deadlifts, squats, lunges, calf raises, and so forth. For a complete guide of exercises, go here:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/

Any advice on what I should focus on? If I want to spend like an hour to an hour and a half a day working out.
Gold: 40.00
Feb 26 2014 05:41am
What is the difference between methylphenidate and meth you would use to get high.

My elementary knowledge is methylphenidate is much slower absorbing in the body and is just basically a delayed release "meth" as to not have the same feeling.

Any and as much info that you have would be great. Just curious. I'm prescribed to adderall but hate/don't take besides rare occasions.
Feb 26 2014 07:18am
Quote (killerz888 @ Feb 26 2014 01:24am)
Any advice on what I should focus on? If I want to spend like an hour to an hour and a half a day working out.

What are your GOALS? I will give you a routine based on that.
Feb 26 2014 07:23am
Quote (exonerated @ Feb 25 2014 08:23pm)
I completely agree, never believed in sugar alcohols.  However, I was looking at these which are mostly fiber: http://www.questproteinbar.com/protein-bars/cookies-and-cream-box-of-12.html    .  Mainly something to use when stuck at school or desperate need of a snack.

My normal diet/routine is roughly this, I feel that it's pretty bad/lacking veggies (I only really eat broccoli):

Class Days (3x a Week - always in a hurry)
2x Scoop Protein (3-4 Carbs, 1 scoop is isopure zero carb)
Gym
3-4 Eggs with slice of cheese
Atkins meal - Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
1x Scoop Protein with 3 deviled eggs (Isopure zero carb)
10x Chicken Wings with buffalo sauce or 2x linguica patties or Low fiber tortilla (5carbs) with 1/2 cup grilled chicken and sprinkle or cheese

Other 4 days
2x Scoop protein (3-4 Carbs, 1 scoop is isopure)
-Wait a few hours-
3-4 Eggs with cheese
2x Linguica Patties
Gym
1 Scoop Protein (Isopure zero carb)
10x Chicken Wings or Low fiber tortilla (5carbs) with 1/2 cup grilled chicken and sprinkle or cheese

Given that the bar has 5 grams of carbs (not fiber), you can fit it into the keto diet, as long as your total carbs remain in the ~20g range for the day.

As far as the keto diet goes, here is mine:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&p=304616466
anabolic cutting diet (cyclical keto diet)

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=395333577
Keto Food List

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=410086673
Sample Keto Meals

I know you tend to be in rush and end up not having sufficient time to make your meals. To combat this, the meal plan I sent you can be condensed. Mix meals together to eat less frequently.

If you want to improve keto for your purposes, you can attempt to do intermittent fasting at the same time, which would mean eating all of your meals for the day within a 6 hour window, then fast for 18 hours straight (including sleep time). Sometimes this can be easier with a busy schedule, to avoid having to eat meals throughout the day.

Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1175317541755175617572039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll