d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1129012911292129312942039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Feb 9 2012 09:00pm
Quote (MustangMan @ Feb 9 2012 10:13pm)
What would be the best number of sets/reps to gain size? Currently I do first set - 10, 2nd 5-8, 3rd 1-4

For pure size, follow my hypertrophy plan

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=345358141
Hypertrophy Plan 3-on-1-off (regular)
Feb 9 2012 09:01pm
[QUOTE=TempoONE,Feb 9 2012 10:35pm][QUOTE=SKCRaynor,Feb 9 2012 03:07pm]It depends, what are your exact goals?

Also,you want to know what exercises and in what format builds the most back muscle?[/QUOTE]

yes,

ofc I want back definition and also strength, but I was wondering does it make sense to train hypertrophy for back?[/QUOTE]

Hypertrophy for back is definitely good for SIZE. For strength you want 5x5 or 3x5.

As far as exercises go....

Deadlifts, lat pulldowns or pullups, t-bar rows, BB rows, DB rows, reverse pec deck, t-bar rows

edit:

To perfect the deadlifting form, you need to go a bit lighter, and pay extremely close attention to your form. Watch every step of the lift and make sure you are doing it right. Record yourself on video if you have to. Focus, go slow, and gradually it will become muscle memory and then your form will be perfect.

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Feb 9 2012 09:02pm
Gold: 0.05
Warn: 60%
Feb 9 2012 09:12pm
hey there raynor.

i would firstly like to say every since reading this thread months and months and months (years) ago ive statrted to do all my hellos with hey there out of habbit, i think i learnt it from you because you are a boss.

secondly, ive recently quit my gym for the freedom of a home gym.

i am 6'3, 220 pounds and pretty lean,

i was wondering if you had a home gym plan already written out? or a free wieghts plan?

i have at my disposal :

squat rack

bench

olympic bar with 190kg of wieght

eZ bar

adjustable DB's

pull up / dip tower

ive pretty much got my own routine but it feels like it lacks potency when compared to my gym days (obviously because there are more things to do)
for example being, at the end of chest day i would always do cables, which i cant do at home

let me rephrase all my questions into an easier format

1) i think im subcounsciously trying to be like you and im copying how to speak on the computer
2) i need a free wieghts / home gym routine. my goals are get to 225 while staying lean, hyptotrophy style, then later im going to cut
3) would you recommend any other piece of gym equipment? i know this is the solid basics, but if i wanted to 'put the icing on the cake' so to speak, what would be my movements from here for improving my gym.

4) i love your work

Gold: 3,804.50
Feb 10 2012 01:28am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Feb 9 2012 09:58pm)
It's a decent product, but like you mentioned, it does contain soy lecithin. However a very small amount of it. 

I would recommend it if you are seeking a decent greens product. It tastes pretty good overall. Decent ingredients as well.

i noticed it has citric acid. so it's not for keto?
Feb 10 2012 07:56am
Quote (Ladsy @ Feb 9 2012 11:12pm)
hey there raynor.

i would firstly like to say every since reading this thread months and months and months (years) ago ive statrted to do all my hellos with hey there out of habbit, i think i learnt it from you because you are a boss.

secondly, ive recently quit my gym for the freedom of a home gym.

i am 6'3, 220 pounds and pretty lean,

i was wondering if you had a home gym plan already written out? or a free wieghts plan?

i have at my disposal :

squat rack

bench

olympic bar with 190kg of wieght

eZ bar

adjustable DB's

pull up / dip tower

ive pretty much got my own routine but it feels like it lacks potency when compared to my gym days (obviously because there are more things to do)
for example being, at the end of chest day i would always do cables, which i cant do at home

let me rephrase all my questions into an easier format

1) i think im subcounsciously trying to be like you and im copying how to speak on the computer
2) i need a free wieghts / home gym routine. my goals are get to 225 while staying lean, hyptotrophy style, then later im going to cut
3) would you recommend any other piece of gym equipment? i know this is the solid basics, but if i wanted to 'put the icing on the cake' so to speak, what would be my movements from here for improving my gym.

4) i love your work

Hey there. lol, that's funny - I'm glad that I'm having a positive influence =)

As far as a routine to follow...I'd say do hypertrophy (modified below for your equipment)

Mon (chest/bis) - Incline Bench Press, Flat Bench Press, Incline DB Flies SUPERSET with Flat DB Flies, Wide-grip Dips (use your weight bench and a chair with weight plates on your lap), lying DB pullovers, decline dumbbell flies SUPERSET w/ decline db presses. Standing olympic bar curls, seated E-Z Bar preacher curls, Standing DB curls SUPERSET w/ seated DB hammer curls, Concentration DB curls, Close-Grip ez-bar curls (hands touching each other) SUPERSET w/ super wide grip ez-bar curls (hands as far wide as possible).

Tues (Back/Tris) - Straight-Leg Deadlifts, Bent over BB rows, Wide Grip pull ups, T-Bar Rows (use your olympic bar and grip the bar with dominant hand on the top), Bent over DB Rows SUPERSET w/ Lawnmower DB Rows, Good Mornings Superset w/ bent over DB extensions, Bent Over Barbell Rows. Close grip bench press (hands touching), Standing EZ bar skullcrushers w/ One-Arm DB Kickbacks, Laying DB tricep extensions, Seated DB Skullcrushers SUPERSET w/ laying EZ-bar skullcrushers, Close-Grip gips (use the bench and chair)

Weds (Legs/Shoulders) - Barbell Squats (ATG), Barbell FRONT squats (ATG with medium leg placement), Seated Squats (with legs very close together - squat down until you sit on the bench, then stand up) SUPERSET w/ Stationary BB lunges, DB Lunges, Standing Calf Raise Machine, Donkey Calf Raises SUPERSET w/ Standing Calf-Raises. Seated Military Press, DB Shoulder Press, DB Arnold Press SUPERSET w/ DB Front raises, DB Lat raises (normal 2 arm method) SUPERSET w/ one arm slow-decline lat raises, DB Shrugs, Barbell Shrugs.

Thurs - REST

Fri - Repeat Monday

Sat - Repeat Tuesday

Sun - Repeat Weds

Mon - OFF

As far as other equipment goes, there are tons of things you could buy. But for right now, look into an "Arm Blaster" if you want a really good biceps routine without getting a preacher rack.
Feb 10 2012 07:57am
Quote (carteblanche @ Feb 10 2012 03:28am)
i noticed it has citric acid. so it's not for keto?

Yes and No.

Get some Keto Strips and test your ketones BEFORE, 1 hour after, and 24 hours after using the product and you can see if you are sensitive to it. Citric acid throws some people out of ketosis, and others it does not. It's unfortunately random based on the person.

Keto strips are your best friend.
Gold: 0.01
Feb 10 2012 08:51am
Can you provide a sample diet aiming for 3k calories. 40%carb (no white grains only complex carbs)/40%protein 20% fat?

I've tried to do it myself but can't seem to get it correct :/
Gold: 1,212.02
Feb 10 2012 04:09pm
ive been having tender soleus muscles and they act up whenever i run. what can i do to strengthen them or prevent the sore, tight feeling that makes it hard to run without discomfort?
Gold: 5.20
Feb 10 2012 08:57pm
RAY, fuck man I feel terrible, body is sore, got a headache, constantly coughing due to itchy throat. Got any remedies? I got dragonboat practice tomorrow and I would like to be able to make it.

I tried lime'nade, honey with tea, robitussi, bee propolis. Do any of these actually work? If not, can you suggest something?

This post was edited by TempoONE on Feb 10 2012 08:59pm
Feb 10 2012 10:05pm
Quote (machetebill @ Feb 10 2012 10:51am)
Can you provide a sample diet aiming for 3k calories. 40%carb (no white grains only complex carbs)/40%protein 20% fat?

I've tried to do it myself but can't seem to get it correct :/

Certainly...just remember, 1g of carbs/protein = 4 cals and 1g fat = 9cals

that means you are looking at approximately 2.25g protein/carbs for every 1g of fat to equal out to a 50/50 split. Therefore you will want 600 cals from fat (67g fat) and 1200 cals from protein (300g protein) and then 1200 cals from carbs (300g carbs)

To figure these in you will simply have to MEASURE everything properly. It might mean purchasing a scale to weigh most foods to ensure proper levels are achieved.

A sample meal plan would be:

Meal 1 - 4 whole eggs + 7 egg whites , 1 cup oatmeal, 1 apple, 2 oz sliced/diced ham - 16g fat + 60g protein + 60g net carbs

Meal 2 (snack) - 8oz 2% skim milk + 1 cup of blueberries or strawberries + 15 almonds + 2 large celery stalks + 4 oz lunchmeat (turkey/chicken/roast beef) - 10g fat + 45g protein + 10g net carbs

Meal 3 - 1 cup brown rice + 6 oz chicken breast + 1/2 cup black beans + green peppers/onions + 1 tbsp olive oil - 12g fat + 60g protein + 55g net carbs

Meal 4 (PWO) - 50g protein shake + 1 banana + 1tbsp peanut butter + 1 tsp jelly + 2 slices whole grain toast - 9g fat + 50g protein + 70g net carbs

Meal 5 - 6oz 93/7 lean beef + 4oz whole grain pasta (dry weight) + 6 tbsp tomato sauce + grated cheese + 1 cup broccoli - 12g fat + 40g protein + 90g net carbs

Meal 6 - 1 cup cottage cheese + 1 tbsp peanut butter + handful of blueberries/strawberries + cinnamon to taste - 8g fat + 35g protein + 5g net carbs

totals:

290g protein
290g carbs
65g fat

That leaves you a LITTLE bit of wiggle room for going up and down a few grams of each.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1129012911292129312942039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll