d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1117311741175117611772039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Nov 26 2011 02:56pm
Quote (IDUTCIH @ Nov 26 2011 04:04pm)
Can you formulate a I suppose "Grooming tips" of like 20 or however many you can think of that help promote healthy skin, etc .etc.

Some examples just to get an idea of what would be useful

- Drink lots of water for hydrated skin
- Plucking eyebrows
-moisturizer

etcetc

To promote healthy skin - do the following:

1. Drink at least 1.5 gal of water per day
2. Limit your sun exposure to no more than 20-30 minutes each day
3. Moisturize at least twice a day with a good quality moisturizer
4. Eat a balanced diet free from greasy or sugary foods. Make sure to get enough protein and a good blend of HDL fats and complex carbs (with at least 25g fiber)
5. Take WARM (not HOT) showers. Warm water is much less harsh on the skin compared to hot water.
6. Reduce stress overall - less stress means less wrinkles.
7. Take vitamins/minerals every day (Multi vitamin + Vit C, Vit D, Vit E, Vit B, Vit A, and Multi Mineral)
8. Avoid Tobacco and alcohol as much as possible.
9. Exercise for at least 30-45 minutes each day.
10. Clean your skin with a good quality soap (free of drying agents), and use a scrub as necessary for blackheads.

Those are the only 10 things I can think of off the top of my head.

Gold: Locked
Nov 26 2011 03:13pm
hey rany,

what is the biomechanical motion named after the roughly translated term "shoulder press", and which are the muscle groups applying it (agonists/synergists/stabilizers/antagonists) throughout the 180angle range of motion aka dislocating + rotary + fixating components?

oh, and where are they originating and also to which bones are they inserted?
Nov 26 2011 05:38pm
Quote (Lightman @ Nov 26 2011 05:13pm)
hey rany,

what is the biomechanical motion named after the roughly translated term "shoulder press", and which are the muscle groups applying it (agonists/synergists/stabilizers/antagonists) throughout the 180angle range of motion aka dislocating + rotary + fixating components?

oh, and where are they originating and also to which bones are they inserted?

The primary or target muscles are the deltoids (anterior)
the synergists are the pecs, triceps, traps, and the serratus.
The stabilizers are triceps and biceps, but mostly the long head of the triceps. (dynamic)
the other stabilizers include the traps and scapulae.

As I'm writing this I realized i didn't even ask you why you needed to know this. Is this for class? Personal Training Cert Study Material? Or something else?

If you need good resources to look these sorts of things up, I have a few bookmarked from med school that I think don't require accounts.

Gold: Locked
Nov 26 2011 05:55pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Nov 27 2011 02:38am)
The primary or target muscles are the deltoids (anterior)
the synergists are the pecs, triceps, traps, and the serratus.
The stabilizers are triceps and biceps, but mostly the long head of the triceps. (dynamic)
the other stabilizers include the traps and scapulae.

As I'm writing this I realized i didn't even ask you why you needed to know this. Is this for class? Personal Training Cert Study Material? Or something else?

If you need good resources to look these sorts of things up, I have a few bookmarked from med school that I think don't require accounts.

i needed to know who i'm talking to, and i wasn't wrong:

after reaching 120 angle degree in the humerus, the rest of the movement is done by the trapezius using 'force couple' with upper+lower traps and serratus anterior. upper trapezius receive assistance from levator scapula and rhomboids whilst raising the scapula (at this point middle deltoid starts working isometrically), so there are two 'agonists' in two different muscle groups, using two different (combined) motions.

the real synergist here is the supraspinatus. completely forgot about that one.

the stabilizers are just the long head * brachii, not the entire tri's & bi's. you forgot the tri's actual extension which is agonistic to the forearm.
you forgot the actual term which is scapulohumeral rhythm.

"scapulae" isn't a stabilizer, it's a bone structure. you probably mean the levator (i hope).

what about insertions & origins?

oh nvm,
thanks for playing.
Gold: 5.20
Nov 26 2011 08:37pm
I wrote this

"recently, ive been farting a lot immediately within 15 minutes - 30 minutes after taking whey protein, is this normal?

is this my body's way to saying, there is a surplus of protein in the body?"

a few days ago, and you replied by saying im sensitive to whey, and possibly lactose intolerant.

I can assure you im not lactose intolerant because i grew up drinking all kinds of milk.

However, if its true that im sensitive to whey, are there any long term side effects if i continue to use protein?
Gold: 50.00
Nov 26 2011 08:49pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Nov 26 2011 01:56pm)

4. Eat a balanced diet free from greasy or sugary foods. Make sure to get enough protein and a good blend of HDL fats and complex carbs (with at least 25g fiber)
5. Take WARM (not HOT) showers. Warm water is much less harsh on the skin compared to hot water.
7. Take vitamins/minerals every day (Multi vitamin + Vit C, Vit D, Vit E, Vit B, Vit A, and Multi Mineral)
10. Clean your skin with a good quality soap (free of drying agents), and use a scrub as necessary for blackheads.

Two questions

I've read that warm/hot showers open your pores and then after your done cleansing your skin that you should end it on a cold shower because it closes your pores true/false?

And could you recommend any good moisturizers, soap, and a scrub for blackheads?
Gold: 3,804.50
Nov 26 2011 09:24pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Nov 26 2011 04:56pm)

i mix lotion with hand sanitizer for my hands/elbows. is that a bad combination? and there are lots of different kinds of lotions. is there anything you'd recommend to get/avoid? i generally just randomly pick one
Nov 26 2011 10:09pm
Quote (Lightman @ Nov 26 2011 07:55pm)
i needed to know who i'm talking to, and i wasn't wrong:

after reaching 120 angle degree in the humerus, the rest of the movement is done by the trapezius using 'force couple' with upper+lower traps and serratus anterior. upper trapezius receive assistance from levator scapula and rhomboids whilst raising the scapula (at this point middle deltoid starts working isometrically), so there are two 'agonists' in two different muscle groups, using two different (combined) motions.

the real synergist here is the supraspinatus. completely forgot about that one.

the stabilizers are just the long head * brachii, not the entire tri's & bi's. you forgot the tri's actual extension which is agonistic to the forearm.
you forgot the actual term which is scapulohumeral rhythm.

"scapulae" isn't a stabilizer, it's a bone structure. you probably mean the levator (i hope).

what about insertions & origins?

oh nvm,
thanks for playing.

First of all, I do not appreciate your condescending tone - nor do I appreciate your vague attempts to "test" my knowledge by asking these questions.

To clarify, when saying "Scapulae" it refers to the Levator Scapulae. Although that would be too difficult for you to understand in simplified terms I'm assuming?

Secondly, why are you attempting to give an anatomy lesson here? I could write paragraphs about the biomechanical muscle configuration and response to the military press - but then again you are not my Anat/physio teacher.

You came to me asking a series of specific questions. I began to answer them (in a rather simplified form for ease of response) before I realized that you probably were writing a paper and could use some resources. Rather than just continue the journey of writing the paper for you, I figured I'd ask what it was for. Apparently now the joke's on me for writing this long reply.

The neat little "Thanks for playing" to end your post only show your further arrogance and lack of basic social concepts. You seem to be suffering from some type of antisocial personality disorder judging by the way in which you posed your questions and structured your sentences. Furthermore, your lack of proper punctuation and grammar show that you were rushing haphazardly to prove a point to satisfy a deep rooted egotistical agenda. If I was a psych major (which for the record I am not), I would be apt to say that you probably have a combination of an inferiority and possibly even an Oedipus complex (which would explain the need for immediate gratification). If your attempts were to put me on the spot to answer a rather basic series of questions in regards to the musculoskeletal system - you failed miserably. If you bothered to realize that I answer practically dozens of questions in a 24 hour period, you would understand that I am not obliged to answer each question as if I am having a professional discourse in a lecture hall.

If you wanted to have an actual medical discourse, you should have PM'd me, explained who you were or what was your position, and then asked me your question(s).

Nov 26 2011 10:10pm
Quote (TempoONE @ Nov 26 2011 10:37pm)
I wrote this

"recently, ive been farting a lot immediately within 15 minutes - 30 minutes after taking whey protein, is this normal?

is this my body's way to saying, there is a surplus of protein in the body?"

a few days ago, and you replied by saying im sensitive to whey, and possibly lactose intolerant.

I can assure you im not lactose intolerant because i grew up drinking all kinds of milk.

However, if its true that im sensitive to whey, are there any long term side effects if i continue to use protein?

Not really, the effects you are having now aren't damaging - however if you notice any OTHER symptoms develop - this can change. I would advise trying the other proteins as discussed and see if you have the same reaction.
Nov 26 2011 10:11pm
Quote (IDUTCIH @ Nov 26 2011 10:49pm)
Two questions

I've read that warm/hot showers open your pores and then after your done cleansing your skin that you should end it on a cold shower because it closes your pores true/false?

And could you recommend any good moisturizers, soap, and a scrub for blackheads?

Yes, warm/hot water will open the pores and enable them to be cleaned more thoroughly - cold water at the end will help constrict the pores and thus act as a temporary closure for dirt and other particles. However the moment your body regulates the top layer of the skin back to 98.6 degrees, the pores will re-open to their normal size.

The cold water is not necessary in a nutshell.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1117311741175117611772039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll