d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1116311641165116611672039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Nov 20 2011 11:12pm
Quote (MegaVovaN @ Nov 21 2011 12:50am)
what's the best way to concentrate when you're studying?

Try eating right before studying, chewing gum, and even drinking coffee or taking caffeine prior to studying (this works for people with ADHD)

If that doesn't work, try studying for 30 mins, taking a 10 min break, and then study for another 30 mins, and so forth.
Nov 20 2011 11:19pm
Quote (xKoopa @ Nov 21 2011 12:59am)
Hey raynor, can you give me a list of keto foods? Not the sample diet but just a list of good foods for keto? Gonna set up my own diet and gotta build around stuff i can eat or im just gonna mess it up :p thanks in advance and also macros are 65f/30p/5c right? For cutting that is

The % are correct.

Foods include:

Meats::: Literally ALL meats (steak, chicken, turkey, fish, lamb, ham, sausage, bacon, etc)

Cheese::: Any whole cheese (no cheese product like american or cheese whiz) - cottage cheese is also okay (make sure it has no sweetener and less than 3g carbs per serving)

Milk/Other Dairy:: NO MILK, YOGURT, OR ICE CREAM!!!

Veggies::: Lettuce, Celery, Broccoli, Green Peppers, Asparagus. (Watch the carbs here, but they are safe in general) AVOID ALL OTHER VEGGIES

Fruits::: Blueberries, Strawberries, and Watermelon (Again, WATCH THE CARBS here - but a little bit each day won't hurt if you keep the total carbs down)

Other Carbs::: NONE!! No Starches, grains, pasta, bread, etc.

Oils/Other Fats::: ALL OF THEM ARE OK! Olive Oil, Butter, Coconut Oil, Heavy Cream, etc.

Condiments::: NO KETCHUP!! You can use mustard, mayo, olive oil, vinegar (apple cider vinegar), salt/pepper (just keep an eye on your sodium), any herbs/spices, and any other condiments that have ZERO CARBS (read the label!!)

Drinks:: Water or plain Iced Tea only. Avoid diet sodas and 0 carb drinks because of citric acid which can throw you out of keto.

WHEN IN DOUBT, READ THE LABEL OR GOOGLE THE FOOD ITEM'S NUTRITIONAL VALUE. IF IT HAS more than 2-3 CARBS, DON'T EAT IT!!!!

You should also take some fiber supplements such as psyllium husk powder (no sugar) if you end up having any bowel trouble as a result of the low carbs.

Remember to drink at least 1 gal of water per day!!

Gold: 3.38
Nov 21 2011 12:08am
Hey Raynor, if I were to lift 2x a day on a cut, what would be the best wat to split it? 4-5 days
Gold: 451.64
Nov 21 2011 12:49am
hey raynor just wondering if you could help me with a diet for my mum. ill give a bit of background information first...
shes 51 years old, from Poland and really likes her food. she had a mild stroke early last year and was hospitalised for a few days. after that she realised she had to get her life back on track and went on a diet and lost about 15 kg. however since then she has recently put all of that weight back on. she weighs around 100kg and is only around 160cm (obese?)
she is also very stubborn and basically refuses to do exercise. she has type 2 diabetes, blood sugar problems and blood pressure problems.

could you write a rough plan for me to try and get her to follow? im getting more and more concerned for her.
Gold: 58.00
Nov 21 2011 11:39am
pinched my sciatica nerf ( is that the correct appeletion in english? ) really hard the other day, and now it hurts from time to time.
is there any stretching i could do to help it?
also is it safe to squat when it doesent hurt or am i at risk to hurt it again?
Nov 21 2011 01:17pm
Quote (Mesonychid @ Nov 21 2011 02:08am)
Hey Raynor, if I were to lift 2x a day on a cut, what would be the best wat to split it? 4-5 days

I would recommend doing weights in the early part of the day and cardio at night. There is no reason to weight train twice a day when cutting.

Stick to a regular 5 day split for cutting

Day 1 - chest/abs
Day 2 - back/lats/calves
Day 3 - Legs/abs
Day 4 - Shoulders/Abs/Traps
Day 5 - Bis/Tris/Abs
Nov 21 2011 01:20pm
Quote (Da_Greatest_77 @ Nov 21 2011 02:49am)
hey raynor just wondering if you could help me with a diet for my mum. ill give a bit of background information first...
shes 51 years old, from Poland and really likes her food. she had a mild stroke early last year and was hospitalised for a few days. after that she realised she had to get her life back on track and went on a diet and lost about 15 kg. however since then she has recently put all of that weight back on. she weighs around 100kg and is only around 160cm (obese?)
she is also very stubborn and basically refuses to do exercise. she has type 2 diabetes, blood sugar problems and blood pressure problems.

could you write a rough plan for me to try and get her to follow? im getting more and more concerned for her.

Hey there. I am sorry to hear about your mother's stroke and hope she can turn herself around with a healthy diet. For her height she should be around 120 lbs for her age. Please see below::

Good overall foods -

Protein - Lean meats like Chicken, turkey, tuna, fish, eggs, lean beef.

Complex Carbs - Whole Grains(all of them, like whole grain breads/pasta/brown rice, etc), Vegetables, legumes.

GOOD fats - Olive Oil, Nuts, Peanut butter, fish, OMEGA 3-6-9 supplements, avocados, etc.

You are going to want to take in approx 300 calories less than you require for fat loss, equal calories taken in to burned for maintainence, and 300 calories more than needed for bulking. To figure your requirements, google BMR Calculator and figure it.

You are going to want to get about 60% from protein, 25% from carbs, and 15% from good fats. READ THE LABELS OF WHAT YOU ARE EATING and keep a FOOD JOURNAL so you can add everything up.

MAKE SURE YOU ARE EATING EVERY 2-3 HOURS (SMALL MEALS)

In addition, make sure you do at least ONE HOUR of exercise each day. Cardiovascular activity like running, jogging, swimming, playing a sport, using a cardio machine at the gym, or lifting weights WITHOUT taking breaks...are all acceptable. For her you could just have her just take long walks (fast walks if possible) just to stay mildly active.

Female MEAL PLAN (to cut down to the 110-120 lb area)

Meal 1 - 1 bowl of Kashi Go-Lean Cereal w/ 3/4 cup Organic Light Soy Milk or 2% organic regular milk (250 cals)
Meal 2 - 1 fruit (apple, orange, pear, peach, nectarine, etc) + 1 oz cheese (cheese stick is good) (140 cals)
Meal 3 - 1 slice of whole grain bread + 1 can of tuna + veggies (basically a half tuna sandwich) (280 cals)
Meal 4 - handful of almonds or 1tbsp peanut butter + celery sticks + a fruit (160 cals)
Meal 5 - 1 large green salad + 4 oz chicken breast + 1tbsp olive oil + vinegar (280 cals)
Meal 6 - 1 regular serving-cup of Oikos Organic Greek Yogurt (any flavor) (140 cals)

This is 1,250 cals per day.

Make sure that she drinks approx 1 gal of water per day. It also also preferred to drink 1-2 cups of coffee or tea in the morning on an empty stomach about 20-30 minutes before eating breakfast. This will accelerate fat burning in the morning from fasting all night.

If she eats this, along with doing the proper exercise routine as illustrated above in the training guide, she can stand to lose around 1.5-2 lbs of fat per week.

In addition, for supplementation please see below:

Female Supplementation:

1. Multivitamin (NOW! Eve)
2. NOW! Super Omega 3-6-9 (take 2x pills 2x a day with meals)
3. Twinlab Stress-B complex (take 2 capsules 1x per day with a meal - this product also has 1g of vitamin c which is excellent)
4. NOW! Vitamin d-3 4,000 iu (take 1x per day)

Buy these supplements from Bodybuilding.com for the best price. Google for the 10% off coupon which changes periodically.
Nov 21 2011 01:22pm
Quote (dechristianize @ Nov 21 2011 01:39pm)
pinched my sciatica nerf ( is that the correct appeletion in english? ) really hard the other day, and now it hurts from time to time.
is there any stretching i could do to help it?
also is it safe to squat when it doesent hurt or am i at risk to hurt it again?

Sciatic Nerve.

here is the proper stretch to use:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqvXv1Lb9xE

Also you should avoid squats until the pain goes away - once it does go away, you can squat again but try not to go below 90 degrees when squatting to avoid the problem. Also make sure your form is GOOD.
Gold: 58.00
Nov 21 2011 02:18pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Nov 21 2011 02:22pm)
Sciatic Nerve.

here is the proper stretch to use:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqvXv1Lb9xE

Also you should avoid squats until the pain goes away - once it does go away, you can squat again but try not to go below 90 degrees when squatting to avoid the problem. Also make sure your form is GOOD.

thx
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Nov 21 2011 02:49pm
This is what I posted before. And I changed my mine. I want to actually cut down. Because I want to have a nice body. Because I have some FAT that I want to burn... so could you tell me what I need to do to cut

Well I'm, 6'3 205 Right now. I lost like 3 pounds cuz I've lost some fat... I've lifted for only about 4 months... And I have solid results. I have a bigger chest, arms, legs, and I think back. But I want to try to get bigger for the next 2 months. Then try to get all my muscles showing before baseball season by cutting. What do you suggest I do? I don't want to be getting more fat from this btw... and so you know.. like I said, I'm a picky eater
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1116311641165116611672039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll