d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev19309319329339342039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,310.23
Jul 10 2011 04:41pm
INBA SUNSHINE STATE CLASSIC

I was the only teen lol... woohoo 1st place!

Novice: 3 competitors INCLUDING ME

It was obvious that I out sized both competitors height and weight. I was confident but they both had me beat on conditioning, so I didnt get too confident!

I ended up taken 1st in the novice division too!

I talked to the judges and this is what they told me

J #1 - (who by the way came up to ME after pre-j and asked how old I was and said I look awesome) After the show his comment was " You have a beautiful physique"
J #2 - "Awesome V- Taper, your lats gave you a hands down win. Tan needs working, but your doing a great job keep it up"
J #3 - "Looked great, I like the mass but try comming in a little leaner"
J #4 - " You obviously had professional help with posing" me - lolz no self taught... "Hard to believe, someone needs to be physically taught how to post like that" me - "youtube brah"

Overall great experiece, walked away with 2 first place trophys!!

Post Competition Binge - Didnt go crazy since last time I was on my knees begging for mercy because my stomach was just too full. Had ~6 backstage cookies provided by the competition (yea ty ) Then went to dennys and had bbq chicken w/ mashed potatoes & corn, few onion rings, and milkshake. Thats all. I wanted to save room for some water as I am sooo thirsty!!

I wanted to keep you updated and thank you for a very successful first contest prep. You have positively changed my life, and I thank you.
Gold: Locked
Jul 10 2011 04:47pm
yo rayn,
im starting up boxing again but also want tokeep lifting. i know i should keep lifting especially with powerlifts these would help, what exercises shouldnt i do so i wont get robotic while in the ring.
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jul 10 2011 07:33pm
Quote (TheOak @ Jul 10 2011 06:41pm)
INBA SUNSHINE STATE CLASSIC

I was the only teen lol... woohoo 1st place!

Novice: 3 competitors INCLUDING ME

It was obvious that I out sized both competitors height and weight.  I was confident but they both had me beat on conditioning, so I didnt get too confident!

I ended up taken 1st in the novice division too!

I talked to the judges and this is what they told me

J #1 - (who by the way came up to ME after pre-j and asked how old I was and said I look awesome) After the show his comment was " You have a beautiful physique"
J #2 - "Awesome V- Taper, your lats gave you a hands down win.  Tan needs working, but your doing a great job keep it up"
J #3 - "Looked great, I like the mass but try comming in a little leaner"
J #4 - " You obviously had professional help with posing" me - lolz no self taught... "Hard to believe, someone needs to be physically taught how to post like that" me - "youtube brah"

Overall great experiece, walked away with 2 first place trophys!!

Post Competition Binge - Didnt go crazy since last time I was on my knees begging for mercy because my stomach was just too full.  Had ~6 backstage cookies provided by the competition (yea ty  ) Then went to dennys and had bbq chicken w/ mashed potatoes & corn, few onion rings, and milkshake.  Thats all.  I wanted to save room for some water as I am sooo thirsty!!

I wanted to keep you updated and thank you for a very successful first contest prep.  You have positively changed my life, and I thank you.

Hey man.

First of all, I want to tell you how proud of you I am.

You have been doing an outstanding job, and it makes me feel great to know that I was a part of the beginning of your road to success in the world of bodybuilding.

Congratulations on placing 1st....and let this be your first of many!!

You are very welcome, thank you for the further donation btw...I appreciate it =)

take care, and keep up the good work!!
Jul 10 2011 07:35pm
Quote (lepInTheHood @ Jul 10 2011 06:47pm)
yo rayn,
im starting up boxing again but also want tokeep lifting. i know i should keep lifting especially with powerlifts these would help, what exercises shouldnt i do so i wont get robotic while in the ring.

You should focus more on the compound lifts...ie:

Deadlifts, bench press, clean and jerk/press (both barbell and dumbbell), snatch, explosive squats, and maybe lunges.

That is really the only hardcore lifting you should be doing if you want to maintain maximum boxing agility. Stick to your boxing trainer for the boxing specific exercises and routines.

As far as ab work goes...I would stick to a good 45-60 minutes of solid hard ab training 3-4 days a week. A lot of your boxing ability comes from the core.
Gold: 175.00
Jul 10 2011 09:48pm
for your cutting workout routine... http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=304396247#p304396247

whats the reason for no deadlifts?
and how would u go about doing EZ bar 21s with that drop set rep scheme
Jul 10 2011 09:52pm
Quote (45sz @ Jul 10 2011 11:48pm)
for your cutting workout routine... http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=304396247#p304396247

whats the reason for no deadlifts?
and how would u go about doing EZ bar 21s  with that drop set rep scheme

That original sample cutting plan was made for Honestly. At the time I believe we decided against deadlifts for him for some reason. However I have no problem with a person doing deadlifts on cutting. Just obviously don't go as heavy as during a powerlifting or bulking routine.

Secondly...the EZ-bar 21's would be like this:

7 half-reps low, 7 half reps peak, 7 full reps - all the same weight
repeat the same process 4 times for a total of 5 sets. You will go until failure each time. Meaning if at the last 7 reps you are able to get out another 1-2 reps...DO IT. If you are not able to get the 7 reps...and hit less (say 2-4 reps), that's fine. The goal here is failure.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jul 11 2011 12:37am
[QUOTE=SKCRaynor,Jul 10 2011 10:52am][QUOTE=EverNineAfter,Jul 9 2011 08:48pm][QUOTE=EverNineAfter,Jul 9 2011 01:33pm][QUOTE=SKCRaynor,Jul 5 2010 12:41am
Each exercise will be performed in the way of 5 total sets....1st set being a warmup set, 2nd set jumping to 80% of weight and then failure, drop 20% off of that and go until failure, drop 20% off that and go till failure, and drop a final 20% off and go until failure for a total of 5 sets. Take no more than 12-15 seconds rest between sets....the less rest the better. Do plenty of FORCED REPS...negatives....and breakdowns. You are working until total muscular destruction. [/QUOTE]

can you give me an example numbers of what this would look like, say i start out with benching uhh 135[/QUOTE]

ALSO can you give me a 3 day split for cutting , workout plan ofc.[/QUOTE]

Hey there...are you talking about 3 days of working out for cutting per week? or 3 day split, day off, then 3 days again?

Either way...

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=304396247
Cutting Workout Routine (6 day all equipment)

That is the best. If you are going to be doing 3 days ONLY....then do mon-weds workouts...but split them up like this

Mon - day 1
Tues - off
weds - day 2
thurs - off
fri - day 3

However I really do NOT recommend this for cutting...for cutting you need to be going balls to the wall with lots of dedication and high activity level

3 days is the bare minimum[/QUOTE]

its just 3 days because thats as much time i can be working out with weights , aside from that ill be going high activity with HIIT and shit like that 6 days a week, but yea like i said i can only get access to weights 3 times a week
Jul 11 2011 01:06am
Quote (EverNineAfter @ Jul 11 2011 02:37am)

its just 3 days because thats as much time i can be working out with weights , aside from that ill be going high activity with HIIT and shit like that 6 days a week, but yea like i said i can only get access to weights 3 times a week

Gotcha, then in that case you should be perfectly fine.

take this for non-gym days

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=331731288
Bodyweight exercises

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Jul 11 2011 01:07am
Gold: 0.00
Jul 11 2011 09:17am
hello, I have another question..

3 years ago I was too fat. I was 120 kg ( 264 pounds) and I could not do 1 push-up, that sad ;/

atm I'm 96 kg, I have a lot more muscles and much less fat

I just started burning fat again and everything is ok, but I have too much skin on my belly...

It's possible to reduce it?
I think of something other than the surgeon

I'm 20, 188 cm ( 74 inch.)

apologize for my poor English
Gold: 7,229.10
Jul 11 2011 10:10am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jul 10 2011 07:55pm)
Hey there.

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you are facing in your life, I wish you the best.

For sciatica I recommend a few things:

1. See a chiropractor and let them work on you for a while. They will put you on traction and also give you specific stretches/exercises to do.
2. Do some yoga. See if your local gym offers it. Yoga is a great way to stay limber and also helps greatly with sciatica.
3. Keep your diet perfect....drink plenty of water and eat plenty of protein and keep your macros in check. Avoid gaining fat mass as much as possible. Also make sure to take all of your supplementation especially multis, EFAs, vitamin C, vitamin D, and vitamin E.

The chiropractor is truly the number 1 thing to do though...this will help you greatly.

can i still lift weights?
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev19309319329339342039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll