d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev18428438448458462039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
May 23 2011 12:08pm
Quote (Sunshines @ May 23 2011 01:23pm)
Is diet soda bad for you if you want to lose weight? I found articles on the net about the body responds to it as being something sweet hence leading to weightgains. Also if it's bad / not bad, how much diet soda can one drink a day without it having any consequences.
Also, how much water can you drink a day? Unlimited? I've heard too much can damage the body.

Hey there.

Diet soda does NOT directly lead to fat gain - however people who drink diet soda tend to gain more weight because they assume they can replace those calories with other calories which contributes to weight gain. Secondly...the body thinks it's getting some sugar, which leads it believe it will receive energy in the form of glucose...however it never gets that. As a result, the body tells you that you are hungry, even when you are not, as a compensating measure.

But directly speaking, diet soda does NOT increase fat gain. However it is made with artificial sweeteners which are very harmful to the body when taken in excess. I would use diet soda moderately as needed. But stick to beverages like Vitamin Water Zero and Sobe Lifewater (which are sweetened with stevia - a natural 0 cal sweetener, that has no negative effects on the human body). Alternatively, you can buy stevia from the store (truvia brand is good) and add it to water, add lemon, and you have lemonade with 0 cals.

Lastly, too much water would be something outrageous like 5-6 gals a day or more, or 2 gals in ONE sitting. What you need, on a daily basis, is around 1.5 gals per day.
May 23 2011 12:16pm
Quote (SyB_BaM @ May 23 2011 02:07pm)
I got a speech on my english lesson tomorrow, and I can talk about anything - so I think bodybuilding / health & fitness would be awesome to talk about.

The speech should be around 5-10 minutes.

So, some basics would be good to talk about, could you give me some good basics / interested things, that could be nice to tell my classmates?

Link to website, or anything basic you know. :)

Hey there. Google is definitely your friend here, but I would check bodybuilding.com articles for some good ideas.

As far as topics go for the speech here are some choices:

1. The healthy aspects of bodybuilding
2. Why everyone should be on a proper diet and exercise regularly
3. Why steroids, when used properly and under the guide of a physician, are NOT harmful
4. Other professions and jobs that PREFER bodybuilders, powerlifters, strongmen, and fitness buffs (go into different career choices for these people, aside from pro bodybuilding - such as construction, police, personal trainers, steel mill technician, oil pump operators, military, miners, etc.)

there are literally dozens of topics you could make a speech about in this case, but those 4 should help you get started.

Gold: 0.98
May 23 2011 12:43pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ May 23 2011 06:03pm)
For pure mass building, I really like Cytosport Cytogainer. Absolutely great stuff on bulking cycles. Has creatine in it as well, so no real need to add additional.

Great will be looking too buy some of that online now.

Also done first day of 5x5 earlyer ( chest ).
gonna stick too it for a while and hopefully see the results ;)
but today went well. feeling fatigued atm.

thanks again.
Gold: 10.75
May 23 2011 01:16pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ May 23 2011 07:08pm)
Hey there.

Diet soda does NOT directly lead to fat gain - however people who drink diet soda tend to gain more weight because they assume they can replace those calories with other calories which contributes to weight gain. Secondly...the body thinks it's getting some sugar, which leads it believe it will receive energy in the form of glucose...however it never gets that. As a result, the body tells you that you are hungry, even when you are not, as a compensating measure.

But directly speaking, diet soda does NOT increase fat gain. However it is made with artificial sweeteners which are very harmful to the body when taken in excess. I would use diet soda moderately as needed. But stick to beverages like Vitamin Water Zero and Sobe Lifewater (which are sweetened with stevia - a natural 0 cal sweetener, that has no negative effects on the human body). Alternatively, you can buy stevia from the store (truvia brand is good) and add it to water, add lemon, and you have lemonade with 0 cals.

Lastly, too much water would be something outrageous like 5-6 gals a day or more, or 2 gals in ONE sitting. What you need, on a daily basis, is around 1.5 gals per day.

Thanks man.
May 23 2011 07:35pm
Quote (Del_Boyy @ May 23 2011 02:43pm)
Great will be looking too buy some of that online now.

Also done first day of 5x5 earlyer ( chest ).
gonna stick too it for a while and hopefully see the results ;)
but today went well. feeling fatigued atm.

thanks again.

Quote (Sunshines @ May 23 2011 03:16pm)
Thanks man.

No problem!
Gold: 13.90
May 24 2011 07:50am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ May 23 2011 06:16pm)
Hey there. Google is definitely your friend here, but I would check bodybuilding.com articles for some good ideas.

As far as topics go for the speech here are some choices:

1. The healthy aspects of bodybuilding
2. Why everyone should be on a proper diet and exercise regularly
3. Why steroids, when used properly and under the guide of a physician, are NOT harmful
4. Other professions and jobs that PREFER bodybuilders, powerlifters, strongmen, and fitness buffs (go into different career choices for these people, aside from pro bodybuilding - such as construction, police, personal trainers, steel mill technician, oil pump operators, military, miners, etc.)

there are literally dozens of topics you could make a speech about in this case, but those 4 should help you get started.

Went really fine with this.

I did take up that raw eggs is bad for you, that it's just a myth that raw eggs are good.

They learned something new!

First they didn't really trust me, but well.. :)
May 24 2011 11:34am
Quote (SyB_BaM @ May 24 2011 09:50am)
Went really fine with this.

I did take up that raw eggs is bad for you, that it's just a myth that raw eggs are good.

They learned something new!

First they didn't really trust me, but well.. :)

awesome!

glad to hear that it went well.

Most people are hard to sway at first and genuinely don't believe what they hear in regard to health/fitness/bodybuilding/etc.

I hope you won them over
Gold: 35,061.00
May 24 2011 01:48pm
Hey Raynor,

It's been a little while since I've checked in.

I have lost about 10 pounds ( I weigh between 203 and 205 right now), my body is definatly starting to firm up. Aside from my stomach of course..it looks like I still have just about the same amount of fat there, but my pants fit looser.

Whats the best way to get rid of belly fat?

Gat Jet Fuel helps with fat burning? I think I might invest in that to try and speed this fat off. What are the proper directions for taking this?

Thanks as always!

Garren~
May 24 2011 03:00pm
Quote (Celebrity @ May 24 2011 03:48pm)
Hey Raynor,

It's been a little while since I've checked in.

I have lost about 10 pounds ( I weigh between 203 and 205 right now), my body is definatly starting to firm up. Aside from my stomach of course..it looks like I still have just about the same amount of fat there, but my pants fit looser.

Whats the best way to get rid of belly fat?

Gat Jet Fuel helps with fat burning? I think I might invest in that to try and speed this fat off. What are the proper directions for taking this?

Thanks as always!

Garren~

Hey there. Belly fat takes some time to come off.

The best way is to just keep losing fat all around as usual and sticking to an aggressive abs plan

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=330745031
Abs Workout Routine

Also jet fuel does help....3x in the morning on an empty stomach just prior to morning cardio...eat 30-45 mins later. Take the pills with 20 oz water
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
May 24 2011 03:35pm
what is your opinion on this ray,

if i were to do 1 week low rep high weight, then the other week mid rep medium weight, and alternate between the two, for cutting purposes?
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev18428438448458462039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll