d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev17537547557567572039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 9,450.00
Mar 26 2011 12:22pm
hello

i have a sweat-problem... after my 10 minute warmup my shirt is literally as wet as i droped it in water. today a trainer confronted me about this and asked me if i could take a shower before i workout, take a second shirt with me or use another deodorant.
i said i wont take 3 showers a day i shower twice daily and thats already enough i think - after work and after workout. a second shirt would not change much because id wet it in to time again the only choice is trying another deodorant i think?

what makes sweat stink? i dont even drink nor eat fastfood or other unhealthy stuff... can you help me?

thanks
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Mar 26 2011 12:55pm
Quote (MegaVovaN @ Mar 26 2011 02:20pm)
For the workout plan, could I substitute, all bicep and lat exercises with chin ups? That seems like a butt ton of machine and small exercises. Could a more simpler with more compound exercise oriented program be used? Like with barbell rows, back squats, deadlift, overhead press, power clean, bench press or something of that sort.

I would prefer you stick with the original plan for YOUR specific needs.

However, if you lack the equipment needed...you can substitute basic exercises in place of some of the others.

ie: EZ bar curls instead of preacher curls, etc.
Mar 26 2011 01:06pm
Quote (Gosu @ Mar 26 2011 02:22pm)
hello

i have a sweat-problem... after my 10 minute warmup my shirt is literally as wet as i droped it in water. today a trainer confronted me about this and asked me if i could take a shower before i workout, take a second shirt with me or use another deodorant.
i said i wont take 3 showers a day i shower twice daily and thats already enough i think - after work and after workout. a second shirt would not change much because id wet it in to time again the only choice is trying another deodorant i think?

what makes sweat stink? i dont even drink nor eat fastfood or other unhealthy stuff... can you help me?

thanks

I've actually been asked this several times over the years on JSP.

I have a few recommendations for you to try:

1. Try varying your diet. Remove dairy one week and see if this helps. If not, remove red meat for one week and see if that helps. Keep removing things one at a time for the duration of one week and see if any change is noticed. The biggest offenders are dairy, meat, fish, and wheat. Also, avoid spicy foods and very cold foods or beverages. If the problem still persists, it is not dietary, move on to step 2.
2. Increase water intake to 2 gallons per day (spring water preferred) at ROOM TEMPERATURE, not cold! - avoid soda/juice/tea/etc. Stick to just 2 gal of water per day for a week or two and see if this improves the situation, if not, go to step 3.
3. Eliminate caffeine, tobacco, excessive sodium (keep to 2,000 mg per day or less) and alcohol completely. If still nothing move to step 4.
4. Try wearing different clothing to the gym including under armor. This will help keep you cool and eliminate some excessive sweating. If the problem still persists, move to step 5.
5. See your doctor who will diagnose your problem. You may need a prescription medication, topical creams, blood work (for hormonal tests), or even surgery if the situation is extreme.

Also, try to keep a sound state of mind, relax, and calm down as much as possible. Nerves usually lead to excessive sweating as well.
Gold: 75.00
Mar 26 2011 01:10pm
Hey Raynor, I looked over the diet and lifting routine, I don't think my daily schedule can fit those in. I made some modifications to your lifting routine, could you see if its ok?

With weight lifting routine, i would do your anabolic cutting routine but with something slightly modified like this:

Mon - Flat Bench, Incline Bench, Decline Bench, DB Flies, Chin ups

Tues - bent over BB rows, skullcrushers, narrow grip bench press, overhead press.

Weds - low bar back Squats, front squats, DB lunges, Leg Extensions, Standing barbell Calf Raises

Thurs - incline DB press, flat bench DB press, DB bicep curls

Fri - barbell deadlift, Good Mornings, close grip chin ups, DB rows, Close-Grip Dips

Sat - low bar back squats, front squats, lunges, standing barbell Calf Raises, Seated DB shoulder press, BB shrugs

Sun - CARDIO ONLY

Everyday I will do 20 min pre-workout HIIT, then 20 min of post-workout HIIT. THen on Sunday I wil do 2x 30 min interval of HIIT.

Then for my diet:

carb 100g/day.protein 200g/day, and take about 75g of fat per day = 1875 calories

Could you give me a new diet that has about that much macros intake?

This post was edited by MegaVovaN on Mar 26 2011 01:12pm
Mar 26 2011 01:39pm
[QUOTE=MegaVovaN,Mar 26 2011 03:10pm]Hey Raynor, I looked over the diet and lifting routine, I don't think my daily schedule can fit those in. I made some modifications to your lifting routine, could you see if its ok? [/QUOTE]

OK i have made modifications for you (below).

As far as diet goes, just follow this format (pay attention to the labels, get a food scale, and use google to find the nutritional info of food without labels like at a restaurant)

Meal 1 - 3/4 cup oatmeal + 3 whole eggs + 3 egg whites + handful of berries
Meal 2 - 1 chicken breast + green salad + 1 slice whole grain bread
Meal 3 - Protein shake + mixed nuts + large serving fruit
Meal 4 - Chicken breast or lean beef with 1 large serving green veggies + olive oil
Meal 5 - Turkey, Tuna, or Ham w/ green veggies
Meal 6 - 1 cup cottage cheese + 1 tbsp peanut butter + cinnamon

Tues - bent over BB rows, skullcrushers, narrow grip bench press, overhead press.

Weds - low bar back Squats, front squats, DB lunges, Leg Extensions, Standing barbell Calf Raises

Fri - barbell deadlift, Good Mornings, close grip chin ups, DB rows, Close-Grip Dips

Sat - low bar back squats, front squats, lunges, standing barbell Calf Raises, Seated DB shoulder press, BB shrugs

Sun - CARDIO ONLY

Everyday I will do 20 min pre-workout HIIT, then 20 min of post-workout HIIT. THen on Sunday I wil do 2x 30 min interval of HIIT.

Then for my diet:

carb 100g/day.protein 200g/day, and take about 75g of fat per day = 1875 calories

Could you give me a new diet that has about that much macros intake?[/QUOTE]

Hello there...

Mon - Flat Bench, Incline Bench, Decline Bench, DB Flies, DB presses

Tues - bent over BB rows, skullcrushers, chin ups, DB kickbacks

Thurs - incline DB press, flat bench DB press, DB bicep curls, BB bicep curls

Fri - barbell deadlift, Good Mornings, close grip chin ups, DB rows, BB rows

Sat - Overhead press, BB shrugs, seated DB shoulder press, DB Shrugs, Military Press

Sun - CARDIO ONLY

Mar 26 2011 01:57pm
[QUOTE=SKCRaynor,Mar 26 2011 01:39pm][QUOTE=MegaVovaN,Mar 26 2011 03:10pm]Hey Raynor, I looked over the diet and lifting routine, I don't think my daily schedule can fit those in. I made some modifications to your lifting routine, could you see if its ok? [/QUOTE]

As far as diet goes, just follow this format (pay attention to the labels, get a food scale, and use google to find the nutritional info of food without labels like at a restaurant)

Meal 4 - Chicken breast or lean beef with 1 large serving green veggies + olive oil

Sun - CARDIO ONLY

Then for my diet:

Could you give me a new diet that has about that much macros intake?[/QUOTE]

Hello there...

Sat - Overhead press, BB shrugs, seated DB shoulder press, DB Shrugs, Military Press

Sun - CARDIO ONLY
[/QUOTE]

Hey THANKS A TON man, I will donate fgs, as soon as I get more for sure.

So this diet is about 1.9k cal/day? how much body fat should i expect to lose per week?

This post was edited by MegaVovaN on Mar 26 2011 01:58pm
Mar 26 2011 02:49pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Mar 26 2011 03:39pm)
Quote (MegaVovaN @ Mar 26 2011 03:10pm)
Hey Raynor, I looked over the diet and lifting routine, I don't think my daily schedule can fit those in. I made some modifications to your lifting routine, could you see if its ok?

Sun - CARDIO ONLY

Then for my diet:

Could you give me a new diet that has about that much macros intake?

Hello there...

Sun - CARDIO ONLY

you are very welcome. Roughly 1 lb of fat per week. (not to mention approx 1/2 - 1 lb of water to go with that.

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Mar 26 2011 03:12pm
Mar 26 2011 03:28pm
So, this diet and program should let me cut down mostly fat right? Should I expect strength decreases?

Also, if I lost say 12 pounds in 12 weeks ~ 3 month. Assuming most of that is fat, I would be at 14% bodyfat. Do you recommend I stop, and get on a clean bulking diet then? I want to gain strength. And I realize the 3 month that I spend bulking, I didn't realize I was not a hardgainer, so I kinda went hardcore on the food and didn't count the calories. Plus its my first time bulking in my life, so I want to correct my mistake.
Mar 26 2011 04:17pm
Quote (MegaVovaN @ Mar 26 2011 05:28pm)
So, this diet and program should let me cut down mostly fat right? Should I expect strength decreases?

Also, if I lost say 12 pounds in 12 weeks ~ 3 month. Assuming most of that is fat, I would be at 14% bodyfat. Do you recommend I stop, and get on a clean bulking diet then? I want to gain strength. And I realize the 3 month that I spend bulking, I didn't realize I was not a hardgainer, so I kinda went hardcore on the food and didn't count the calories. Plus its my first time bulking in my life, so I want to correct my mistake.

Hey there.

Try to get down to around 8-9% before you start bulking again.

Secondly, you will see some strength losses, which is normal on cutting. Good news is that on bulking you gain it back rapidly.
Gold: 1,310.23
Mar 26 2011 04:21pm
hey dont you live in florida? what school u attending? j/w
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev17537547557567572039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll