d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev15455465475485492039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Nov 3 2010 11:34am
Quote (iloveualot @ Nov 3 2010 04:18am)
no.. no surgeries and stuff.. it's a very very small amount of loose skin.. but it seems it isn't tightening.. i might need just to add mass on my abs to tighten it? can u suggest some heavy workout for abs 2 days per week?

my situaction looks like this dudes'  http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124061501

tho it's just my belly region..

Ah...yes, you only need to start focusing heavily on training abs. You simply are lacking considerable ab muscle to hold up the skin and tighten things up.

Do abs 3x a week in addition to your regular workout routine.

Example

Monday - workout as usual + ABS - Abs include: 30 minutes of HEAVY WEIGHT ab training (do all weighted ab exercises) do a total of 20 sets, 5-8 reps per set, and hold the last rep as long as possible before releasing it slowly.

Tuesday - workout as usual

Wednesday - workout as usual + ABS - Abs include: 30 minutes of INTENSE (but MODERATE WEIGHT) ab training (do some weighted exercises and some bodyweight exercises) do a total of 20 sets, each set UNTIL FAILURE.

Thursday - workout as usual

Friday - workout as usual + ABS - Abs include: 30 minutes of HEAVY WEIGHT ab training (do all weighted ab exercises) do a total of 20 sets, 5-8 reps per set, and hold the last rep as long as possible before releasing it slowly.

Some great ab exercises include:

Weighted Ab exercises: Machine Double-Crunches (machine where you put your hands behind your head and put your feet behind a pad and pull up with your feet and down with your hands simultaneously), hanging leg raises while holding a dumbbell with your feet, forward seated crunch machine (pad on your chest, feet locked in place, bend forward at the waist), decline situps (with a weight plate or medicine ball on your chest), flat crunches (with a weight or medicine ball on your chest), Laying Machine Weighted Situps, etc.

Unweighted (bodyweight) Ab exercises: Crunches, hanging leg raises, incline situps, roman chair situps, standing knee raises, cherry pickers, 6 inches + 90 degrees (laying leg lifts), planks, etc.
Gold: 911.39
Nov 3 2010 03:21pm
hello again raynor

so iv been doing my workout:
Every exercise (UNLESS POSTED OTHERWISE) is going to be 5 sets, every set will go till failure, i will drop weight down after each set.

Monday: Chest
Incline Bench
Flat bench
Incline DB Superset with Incline Flies
Decline DB superset with decline flies
Cable Crossover 21's
DB Pullovers Superset with Dips

Tuesday: Legs and abs
Squats, leg press, leg extensions, calf press/raises, quad extensions.
i do a wide verity of abs dont feel like posting them all out.

Wednesday: Shoulders
Dumbbell front raise, lateral raise, dumbbell rear delt raise, Dumbell shoulder press, shrugs, then to finish up i grab the bench press bar and hold just under chin lift over head to my back and go back and forth do this till failure. no sure what exercise this is called.

Thursday: rest and abs

Friday: Back
Back extensions, dead lift, cable seated row, dumbbell row and barbell bent over rows, v bar row, Pullups

Saturday: Arms
Ez bar curl,close grip bench press, bicep cable curl,cable triceps push downs, concentration curl,behind the back two handed dumbbell tricep extensions, hammer curls, behind the back wrist curls, seated dumbbell palms up/down wrist curl

Sunday: rest abs

and all is well, but i took about 3 months off from weight lifting due to very busy work schedule and been doing this one for about 2-3 weeks and im extremely sore after i usally take an extra 1-2 days off... is this ok?

before i took my 3 month break i workout for a solid 2-3 years and made great improvements i just wish i didnt take all this time off lol... i still have most of my strenth and muscle so thats a good thing. its just the next day soreness sucks!!! never had it like this..

another thing is im getting a little bit un wanted fat.. should i do some HIIT? if so could you give me something that could fit in my workout schedule, i was thinking i could bike to my college classes.. its 4 days a week and id have to bike there and back.. its about a 30 min bike ride each way... is this to much?

and lastly do you think you could give me a good warmup i should be doing before i workout? hopefully it will help my soreness... i do of coarse warm up my each muscle group before i workout, but should i do a little jogging before hand?

This post was edited by kinkies2 on Nov 3 2010 03:24pm
Gold: 0.01
Nov 3 2010 04:34pm
Raynor,
Do girls care more about how your arms and chest looks, or how your legs look? Like a guy with massif broski arms and chest and a guy with massif legs go to a bar, which one would get more pussy if they were having a competition to see whom could have the most sex in one night without talking to girls, just speaking with their eyes.

Sincerely,
Bones
Gold: 175,891.69
Warn: 10%
Nov 3 2010 05:31pm
Quote (bones0187 @ Nov 3 2010 11:34pm)
Raynor,
Do girls care more about how your arms and chest looks, or how your legs look? Like a guy with massif broski arms and chest and a guy with massif legs go to a bar, which one would get more pussy if they were having a competition to see whom could have the most sex in one night without talking to girls, just speaking with their eyes.

Sincerely,
Bones

now why would a girl look at a guys legs? or ass, thats just gay. I think girls like arm muscles most.
Gold: 97.66
Nov 3 2010 06:34pm
Quote (ownyaah @ Nov 3 2010 06:31pm)
now why would a girl look at a guys legs? or ass, thats just gay. I think girls like arm muscles most.

.... a girl liking a guy is gay

Ok
Nov 3 2010 07:46pm
Hey raynor, I was wondering if I should be worrying about any other nutritional info, like sodium? should I count that? its usually in bad food

and I was wondering, if It would be possible to lower the fat % to like 65%? or maybe 60, that way i can have more calories from protein, and il be able to fit in stuff like ground beef easier, I got a bunch in my freezer, and I dont want it to go to waste, cuz, 3eggz = 210 protein, u said 3 oz of ground beef = 200 somethin too right?, and my daily intake of calories from protein has to be like 660, so that would be hard to make, Let me know what you think

:)
Nov 3 2010 08:54pm
Quote (kinkies2 @ Nov 3 2010 05:21pm)
hello again raynor

so iv been doing my workout:

and all is well, but i took about 3 months off from weight lifting due to very busy work schedule and been doing this one for about 2-3 weeks and im extremely sore after i usally take an extra 1-2 days off... is this ok?

before i took my 3 month break i workout for a solid 2-3 years and made great improvements i just wish i didnt take all this time off lol... i still have most of my strenth and muscle so thats a good thing. its just the next day soreness sucks!!! never had it like this..

another thing is im getting a little bit un wanted fat.. should i do some HIIT? if so could you give me something that could fit in my workout schedule, i was thinking i could bike to my college classes.. its 4 days a week and id have to bike there and back.. its about a 30 min bike ride each way... is this to much?

and lastly do you think you could give me a good warmup i should be doing before i workout? hopefully it will help my soreness... i do of coarse warm up my each muscle group before i workout, but should i do a little jogging before hand?

Hey there.

First of all it's perfectly okay to start back up slowly and take some time off in between until you can get into the swing of things again.

Secondly to help with the fat loss without kicking too much muscle out - you can do 20-30 mins of HIIT at the end of every workout while maintaining a clean diet.

Lastly, to avoid DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) you need to make sure to stretch BETWEEN and DURING sets, as well as take a good 5g glutamine with your protein shake post workout. Also make sure to keep stretching later in the day after the workout.
Nov 3 2010 09:00pm
Quote (bones0187 @ Nov 3 2010 06:34pm)
Raynor,

Sincerely,
                                                                                                                                                      Bones

lol...from what I've found - women in general tend to prefer men who look like this:

http://www.mizposh.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/brandon.bmp

and do NOT like guys like this:

http://www.vseosportu.unas.cz/markus-ruhl.jpg

So to answer your question, the truth is NEITHER. Women prefer a man who is typically lean, tall, with a distinct jawbone, mild facial hair, and boyish facial features. Generally muscularity only appeals to a small percentage of women. Be yourself either way...and there will always be women who appreciate your style.
Gold: 0.01
Nov 3 2010 09:57pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Nov 3 2010 09:00pm)
lol...from what I've found - women in general tend to prefer men who look like this:

So to answer your question, the truth is NEITHER. Women prefer a man who is typically lean, tall, with a distinct jawbone, mild facial hair, and boyish facial features. Generally muscularity only appeals to a small percentage of women. Be yourself either way...and there will always be women who appreciate your style.

but the guy in picture one clearly has a better upper body physique than lower body. And it probably works for him.
Nov 3 2010 09:59pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Nov 3 2010 10:00pm)

lol, #1 is morholt minus 50 pounds and alot of defintion, fail
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev15455465475485492039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll