d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev14194204214224232039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
May 9 2010 01:11pm
Quote (iloveualot @ May 9 2010 11:20am)
best way to eat your eggs in the morning is? scrambled, hard boiled? or somehow else? i mean how they are best absorbed

Hello -

for the best absorption make sure your eggs are fully cooked (that means scrambled, hard boiled, soft boiled, over easy/medium/hard.) Just basically do not eat the eggs raw.
May 9 2010 01:15pm
Quote (knoxri @ May 9 2010 11:23am)
Boil, dont eat the shell.. and don't eat the yoke imo.

Quote (knoxri @ May 9 2010 02:39pm)
Boxa, don't spam the only helpful thread H&F has.. and grow up soon please, thank you.

e: That's funny, because I get daily PMs from people asking me for advise ^_^ You don't. Feel free to take your rant elsewhere or via PM, just keep it from here.. kthx.

Hello -

This H&F Sticky thread is a place where people can come and ask ME questions - given my extensive training, credentials, and experience.

Please do NOT hijack this thread. If you think you are more qualified to answer questions than me, please create your own thread, post your own experience/qualifications/pictures/etc, and lets see if it gets stickied.

It is really just bad manners to offer people advice in my sticky - especially when the advice you are giving couldn't be farther from the truth. You just told someone NOT to eat yolks without knowing anything about that person - as if egg yolks are bad for everyone. Do you work for the FDA? Do you support the idea that eating fat causes you to get fat or have heart problems? Egg Yolks are 99.9% of the time GOOD for you....even on a cutting diet. If you knew anything about nutrition you would not have ever suggested removing yolks from whole eggs without any idea or reason why.

I don't mean to be so relentless - but this sort of thing really gets to me. You are welcome in this thread any day, any time, to ask me whatever you want and you will get 100% free assistance. But you are NOT WELCOME to give people advice here....especially bad/incorrect/unfounded advice which can actually cause more problems than good.

Please let this be the last time I see you trying to give advice in my thread and lets put this all behind us and move on. Thank you.
Gold: 0.00
May 9 2010 02:47pm
lol @ knox

is wheat bread that doesnt say 100% whole wheat/grain considered as useful as white bread?

ive been eating wheat bread that didnt say 100% for a good while heh
Gold: 0.00
May 9 2010 02:47pm
Hey,
I have a question about Caffeine

I've built a tolerance to it it feels like.
I was wondering if it's bad to gradually increase the intake of it

Like I took 200mg before my workout for a few weeks, then eventually now it has about no effect on me
I was wondering if I should up the dosage of it, or just take a few weeks off and go back to it again
Gold: 480.00
May 9 2010 02:52pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ May 9 2010 11:15am)
Hello -

This H&F Sticky thread is a place where people can come and ask ME questions - given my extensive training, credentials, and experience.

Please do NOT hijack this thread. If you think you are more qualified to answer questions than me, please create your own thread, post your own experience/qualifications/pictures/etc, and lets see if it gets stickied.

It is really just bad manners to offer people advice in my sticky - especially when the advice you are giving couldn't be farther from the truth. You just told someone NOT to eat yolks without knowing anything about that person - as if egg yolks are bad for everyone. Do you work for the FDA? Do you support the idea that eating fat causes you to get fat or have heart problems? Egg Yolks are 99.9% of the time GOOD for you....even on a cutting diet. If you knew anything about nutrition you would not have ever suggested removing yolks from whole eggs without any idea or reason why.

I don't mean to be so relentless - but this sort of thing really gets to me. You are welcome in this thread any day, any time, to ask me whatever you want and you will get 100% free assistance. But you are NOT WELCOME to give people advice here....especially bad/incorrect/unfounded advice which can actually cause more problems than good.

Please let this be the last time I see you trying to give advice in my thread and lets put this all behind us and move on. Thank you.

Hahah owned.. but interesting. I've always heard that the yolk is simply just fat and cholesterol.

Can you explain to me why the yolk benefits you?

e: also, sorry for that bad info, one of those things that just seemed like a given to me lol, hadn't even the slightest idea that yolk was good for you.

This post was edited by knoxri on May 9 2010 02:57pm
Gold: 31.01
May 9 2010 04:15pm
yolk is where the nutrients are , lots of nutrition in high quality egg yolks, plus they taste great
May 9 2010 07:48pm
Quote (Kiston @ May 9 2010 04:47pm)
lol @ knox

is wheat bread that doesnt say 100% whole wheat/grain considered as useful as white bread?

ive been eating wheat bread that didnt say 100% for a good while heh

Whole wheat and white aren't much different.

You want to find TRUE Whole Grain bread instead....to be sure, look for breads at guarantee at least 20g of whole grains per serving (usually 1 slice) and at least 4g of fiber per slice. Also read the ingredients...don't mess around with the low quality stuff.
May 9 2010 07:50pm
Quote (RvTool @ May 9 2010 04:47pm)
Hey,
I have a question about Caffeine

I've built a tolerance to it it feels like.
I was wondering if it's bad to gradually increase the intake of it

Like I took 200mg before my workout for a few weeks, then eventually now it has about no effect on me
I was wondering if I should up the dosage of it, or just take a few weeks off and go back to it again

Cycle it!

Caffeine is very easy to get a tolerance to.

Usually I like to cycle caffeine like this

Week 1 - 200mg per day
Week 2 - 200mg per day
Week 3 - 400mg per day
week 4 - 400mg per day
week 5 - 0mg per day

REPEAT.
May 9 2010 07:55pm
Quote (knoxri @ May 9 2010 04:52pm)
Hahah owned.. but interesting.  I've always heard that the yolk is simply just fat and cholesterol.

Can you explain to me why the yolk benefits you?

e: also, sorry for that bad info, one of those things that just seemed like a given to me lol, hadn't even the slightest idea that yolk was good for you.

Hey there.

Yeah unfortunately eggs get a very bad rap (the yolks at least) and a lot of people are mislead by various parties (especially by the FDA and so-called nutritionists who should be ashamed of themselves). Anyway, egg yolk contains the MOST nutrition of the entire egg. It contains a plethora of vitamins, minerals, approx 2g protein and 4g of fat (most of which is unsaturated HDL fat) and good cholesterol. The cholesterol and saturated fat in eggs is certainly not deleterious to ones health especially because it is UNDER the magic line for fat/cholesterol

here is the line:

At least 2g of unsaturated fats for every 1g saturated fats in order to guarantee a neutral effect. If your intake is more like 4:1 you will see positive effects such as lowered blood cholesterol levels, lowered blood pressure, and increased overall health.

Fat is the main precursor to testosterone (chole-sterol) Chole = fat and Sterol = Steroid. I'm not saying to go out and drink 2 quarts of heavy cream each day (although it works) - but I am saying to make sure to get plenty of fat (at least 2:1 but preferably 4:1 good fats to bad fats).

Eggs by themselves have a positive ratio and are considered a near perfect food because of the nutrient balance as well as overall macro loadout.

At the very least...make sure to eat at least half of your eggs with yolks (during cutting you can cut out half the yolks to avoid as much caloric intake)
Gold: 480.00
May 9 2010 08:04pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ May 9 2010 05:55pm)
Hey there.

Yeah unfortunately eggs get a very bad rap (the yolks at least) and a lot of people are mislead by various parties (especially by the FDA and so-called nutritionists who should be ashamed of themselves). Anyway, egg yolk contains the MOST nutrition of the entire egg. It contains a plethora of vitamins, minerals, approx 2g protein and 4g of fat (most of which is unsaturated HDL fat) and good cholesterol. The cholesterol and saturated fat in eggs is certainly not deleterious to ones health especially because it is UNDER the magic line for fat/cholesterol

here is the line:

At least 2g of unsaturated fats for every 1g saturated fats in order to guarantee a neutral effect. If your intake is more like 4:1 you will see positive effects such as lowered blood cholesterol levels, lowered blood pressure, and increased overall health.

Fat is the main precursor to testosterone (chole-sterol) Chole = fat and Sterol = Steroid. I'm not saying to go out and drink 2 quarts of heavy cream each day (although it works) -  but I am saying to make sure to get plenty of fat (at least 2:1 but preferably 4:1 good fats to bad fats).

Eggs by themselves have a positive ratio and are considered a near perfect food because of the nutrient balance as well as overall macro loadout.

At the very least...make sure to eat at least half of your eggs with yolks (during cutting you can cut out half the yolks to avoid as much caloric intake)

Good to know.. I'll be sure to spread that info, once again.. Sorry for the misconception I put out before.. thanks Raynor.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev14194204214224232039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll