d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev14134144154164172039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 748.53
May 4 2010 09:08pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ May 3 2010 11:11pm)
for what its worth...please view this...

http://www.naturalnews.com/z028687_Henry_Waxman_health_freedom.html

Yet another day goes by, and more of our freedoms are encroached upon.

Better start stocking up on your PH's and such...only a matter of time before you'll need a prescription to get basic vitamins.

what the fuck..
Gold: 66.00
May 5 2010 12:20am
What do you think of Raw food life styles / diets? Some people do this for a short period of time then other's (like myself) have been doing it for about three years.
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
May 5 2010 12:29am
Quote (xmcconnahax @ May 5 2010 02:20am)
What do you think of Raw food life styles / diets?  Some people do this for a short period of time then other's (like myself) have been doing it for about three years.

It's actually quite effective in some cases, but has its drawbacks as well, let me explain.

Raw veggies - almost all the time provide LESS nutrients than SLIGHTLY cooked veggies (by slightly cooked I mean extremely lightly steamed just enough to heat up the cells inside until they burst) - shockingly SLIGHTLY cooked veggies are a tiny bit healthier, but raw veggies are still excellent for nutrients and fiber.

Raw beef - Very good for macros and digestion, however watch out for bacteria like e-coli. Meat is best cooked to MEDIUM temperatures for optimal nutrition, flavor, and safety.

Raw chicken - some people do this, but I would never dare - the risk is WAY too high.

Raw Fruits - EXCELLENT!!!

Raw fish - very healthy, but also chance of getting parasites from this - eat sparingly...2-3x a week maximum from clean sources (avoid all you can eat sushi buffets lol)

Raw Grains - be careful here...some raw grains will not digest properly in your body - it is best to cook your grains at least lightly in order to guarantee proper digestion

However, if all food was as clean as possible....and guaranteed to be free of bacteria....raw meats are always superior to cooked meats.
Gold: 66.00
May 5 2010 12:35am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ May 5 2010 02:29am)
It's actually quite effective in some cases, but has its drawbacks as well, let me explain.

Raw veggies - almost all the time provide LESS nutrients than SLIGHTLY cooked veggies (by slightly cooked I mean extremely lightly steamed just enough to heat up the cells inside until they burst) - shockingly SLIGHTLY cooked veggies are a tiny bit healthier, but raw veggies are still excellent for nutrients and fiber.

Raw beef - Very good for macros and digestion, however watch out for bacteria like e-coli. Meat is best cooked to MEDIUM temperatures for optimal nutrition, flavor, and safety.

Raw chicken - some people do this, but I would never dare - the risk is WAY too high.

Raw fish - very healthy, but also chance of getting parasites from this - eat sparingly...2-3x a week maximum from clean sources (avoid all you can eat sushi buffets lol)

Raw Grains - be careful here...some raw grains will not digest properly in your body - it is best to cook your grains at least lightly in order to guarantee proper digestion

However, if all food was as clean as possible....and guaranteed to be free of bacteria....raw meats are always superior to cooked meats.

I have stuck to fruits and veggies and some nuts. Because I live in a barracks room(marine corp) I can not cook other than a microwave(forget that). On that note I have never even thought to lightly cook ever. Though now that you mention it I might be something I try when I get back to the states.

This post was edited by xmcconnahax on May 5 2010 12:35am
Gold: 1,551.68
May 5 2010 02:21am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ May 5 2010 12:29am)

i shouldnt eat raw oats? lol
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
May 5 2010 03:46am
Quote (Honestly @ May 5 2010 04:21am)
i shouldnt eat raw oats? lol

it certainly is not recommended for optimal digestion and slow release carbohydrates. When you eat the oatmeal raw, certain enzymes remain intact which help maintain the sugar structure inside the oat, thus giving it a faster digesting carb (more glucose). When you cook oatmeal, it breaks down the enzymes and thus results in a slower digesting carb.
Gold: 7,229.10
May 5 2010 04:00am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ May 5 2010 11:46am)
it certainly is not recommended for optimal digestion and slow release carbohydrates. When you eat the oatmeal raw, certain enzymes remain intact which help maintain the sugar structure inside the oat, thus giving it a faster digesting carb (more glucose). When you cook oatmeal, it breaks down the enzymes and thus results in a slower digesting carb.

what about oats with yogurt stored in refrigerator over the night? same as raw oats?
Gold: 7,229.10
May 5 2010 10:39am
also maybe u know a good online shop in Europe where and what protein i should buy? cuz it will take lots of time to ship from usa
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
May 5 2010 05:49pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ May 3 2010 10:19pm)
ok...post your height, weight, goals, medical conditions (if any), allergies (if any), and access to gym or equipment

Ok I am 5" 7' ish and weight around 155 pounds.

I have no medical conditions or allergies.

I currently do not have a gym membership although I am thinking of getting one maybe.

As for goals I just want to lose some fat around my stomach and chest area then start building some muscle and some abs before I go back to school.

Thanks
Gold: 748.53
May 5 2010 06:40pm
do you think arginine/orthinine is beneficial?
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev14134144154164172039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll