d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev14054064074084092039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Apr 28 2010 08:55pm
Quote (leissaK @ Apr 28 2010 01:59am)
Hey SKCRaynor.

First off body info:
21 years old.
5'6" (make fun!)
135-140 lbs

Yeah, I am pretty tiny =P,

I am looking for a good training routine to get in shape. I don't want crazy muscles, just something to do so I look a little bigger. Right now most of the exercise I do is playing basketball a few times a week. I would like to be able to have some more leg strength to jump higher, as well as arm and chest strength.

Any tips/advice or guides would be appreciated, and let me know if you need more info =).

Hey there. I can relate to you about the height ;-)

As far as your goals are concerned...please read the last 10 pages of the thread. I have posted a few VERY good bulking plans on there and a great 5x5 plan for strength and size. Please read up on those last 10 pages, then get back to me with more specific question(s)
Apr 28 2010 08:56pm
Quote (iloveualot @ Apr 28 2010 09:51am)
is there such thing as to much water? :)) or 5 litres a day is fine? cuz i thought i was drinking 4 litres a day but it seems i was wrong cuz i calculated wrong the glass capacity ;)

Yes, but it would be a LOT more than 5 liters lol.

To get water poisoning would require 1-2 gallons of water in a very short period of time (10-30 minutes).

Enough that it would disrupt your electrolytes and dissolve all the minerals in your body.

5L of water a day is FINE and recommended!
Apr 28 2010 09:00pm
Quote (grinderpet @ Apr 28 2010 10:17am)
Hello

I would like to put on weight coz i am rly skinn y :/

i have been workin out in the gym for some months now.

But i dont know hot to put on weith ?

what do you recommend ?

and u have a good scheduler for begiinners ? ( been workin out for 3 months )

thx in advance

Hey there...please read the last 10 pages of the thread...theres a lot of info there for people trying to bulk up.

Just for reference purposes, in addition to a good meal plan and the 5x5 plan for strength and size, please also look into cytosport cytogainer and take it twice a day in addition to your regular meal plan. You will see a lot of good solid gains.

After you go back and look at the plans I have posted, please get back to me with more specific questions! thanks!
Apr 28 2010 09:03pm
Quote (Tear @ Apr 28 2010 12:07pm)
QUESTION RAYNOR,

can intense workouts, lead to test depletion? when its come to sexual performance?
does that make sense.

workout takes up xx amount of test,
sex requires xx

etc?

to keep harder longer erections..

nohomo

This is an excellent question.

The answer isn't black and white.

Here's the deal:

Test is indeed depleted during exercise...and sexual activity...HOWEVER, both of those things also GENERATE test production!! Crazy I know.

Ejaculation in and off itself actually sets forth a positive test balance...which is why in some EXTREME cases, bodybuilders will actually have sex right before working out (15-20 mins before) and actually boost their test levels by almost 80% for the workout ahead. This is the best idea because the most test is used DURING the workout but is replenished post workout.

So in short, the best idea would be to perform sexually first, and workout second....then perform sexually after the workout as well.

If you start feeling the lack of desire, that is a sign of overtraining as well as under-nutrition. You need to start eating more, and working out a tiny bit less and get the proper balance going.

If you are still having any questions or problems, I will help you via PM if necessary.

Apr 28 2010 09:05pm
Quote (iloveualot @ Apr 28 2010 02:21pm)
also im interested to put 1 tbsp of crunchy peanut butter to my diet..
but this is the only brand i can get.. is it good? http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-meridian-foods-natural-crunchy-peanut-i122528
and 1 more question..
is it enough to run 3-4 times a week in the morning on empty stomach 7-8 km's in 30 minutes for cardio and to become lean?

Hey there.

that peanut butter is a fine product, you can definitely eat more than 1tbsp a day lol. The serving size on the page you sent me is for something along the lines of 6-8 tbsp. Peanut butter is healthy and can be taken frequently for good fats, some protein, and overall good taste and satisfaction.

As far as cardio goes, that is step 1 in the right direction. To properly become lean you need to have a proper cutting diet, cardio in the AM as well as post workout, and a good overall workout plan.

I have made a few of these recently, please see the last 10 pages.
Apr 28 2010 09:06pm
Quote (g4mer @ Apr 28 2010 05:03pm)
simple question

is it possible to over train your abs?

absolutely.

All musclegroups can be "overworked". Some are more resistant than others - IE: Calves, Abs, Forearms.

However, training abs more than 3x a week is not recommended.
Apr 28 2010 09:08pm
Quote (baboli @ Apr 28 2010 06:56pm)
talking about argine early giving great pump for workout any brand/prodcut you recommend cause theirs tons

and

for the BCAA's you said recommend ON  there was 2:1:1 recovery product should i go for it or stick to the plain BCAA's
thanks

Hey there -

Get NOW! Arginine + Ornithine and take 2-3g pre- and during workout. (also before bed is good)

as far as BCAA's....the Optimum Nutrition BCAA-1000 are pretty good. I've never used the 2:1:1 recovery product...so I couldn't tell you if its any good...but I'd stick to the BCAA's for now.
Gold: 115,229.43
Apr 28 2010 09:53pm
I am incredibly sore I had to take today off.

Assuming I go tomorrow: Should I do todays workout, tomorrows workout, or tomorrows with a little bit of today?

Should I be icing my muscles, or will that contract them and prevent the growth/build?

Can I add an extra meal at the end of my day? I work out at night and feel like I need more food to feed my muscles (although I am trying to cut small stomach fat). Maybe some hard boiled eggs/cheese stick, what do you think. I want to eat enough to gain muscle yet not the wrong foods where I am putting on fat.

Thanks.
Apr 28 2010 11:21pm
Quote (illsonmedia @ Apr 28 2010 11:53pm)
I am incredibly sore I had to take today off.

Assuming I go tomorrow: Should I do todays workout, tomorrows workout, or tomorrows with a little bit of today?

Should I be icing my muscles, or will that contract them and prevent the growth/build?

Can I add an extra meal at the end of my day?  I work out at night and feel like I need more food to feed my muscles (although I am trying to cut small stomach fat).  Maybe some hard boiled eggs/cheese stick, what do you think.  I want to eat enough to gain muscle yet not the wrong foods where I am putting on fat.

Thanks.

Do today's workout tomorrow.

DO NOT ICE YOUR MUSCLES.

Instead, try stretching and glutamine!

As far as an extra meal, yes you can. Make sure it's all protein and no impact carbs...stick to protein shakes, lean meats (like eggs, turkey, tuna, chicken, lean beef, etc) and green veggies.
Gold: 5,016.77
Apr 28 2010 11:40pm
http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2133691

Is this a decent supplement? I know it's probably overpriced, but are the ingredients decent?
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev14054064074084092039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll