d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev14024034044054062039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Apr 26 2010 01:05pm
Quote (TheOak @ Apr 26 2010 12:42pm)
yea thanks, iv been tryin cocoa butter for a while cant c too much difference but ill jst keep it up b/c i guess it cld b worse

i have another question
can a certain excercise increase stretch marks?
b/c i hav them on my outer pec/inner armpit, would db flys actualy make them worse from stretching my arms out with weight?

any exercises that causes a large stretch to an area (with weight) can eventually lead to stretchmarks. It's actually a totally accepted part of bodybuilding. i have them on the sides arms/shoulders as well.
Gold: 115,229.43
Apr 26 2010 01:18pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Apr 26 2010 03:04pm)
The pain is normal for starting this kind of routine. It's working well and you just need to take more glutamine and STRETCH the muscles out considerably. You need to be stretching 5-6 times a day. Don't over-stretch, so do it lightly enough that it doesn't cause pain, but get the muscles untensed.

That makes sense. Yeah I haven't been stretching. I'll start doing that, thanks!

you mentioned Optimum Nutrition or NOW! as a cottage cheese supplement. I'm going to the vitamin store today, which would you recommend? Also, what is glutamine? I'm not taking any supplements, should I pick some up at the store?

I don't want to over-do it with pills, but if there are some things you think I should add to my routine, I probably will.

Thanks.
Gold: 700.00
Apr 26 2010 04:28pm
If i want to start a cut wat adjustments should i make to my diet

and additions of supplements i should add

Meal 1 - 2 eggs, Cup Oatmeal, Cup of Oj, Cup of Almond Milk, bowl of fruit - Multi-V
Snack- Bag of ceral (Cascadian) just as snack for class
Meal 2- Turkey Sandwich with wheat bread, Protein Shake- Fish oil
Meal 3- Tuna Sandwich with wheat bread, Salad ( Lettuce , Spinach , tomatos, avocado, dressing), 1/2 cup of oatmeal
Post Workout - Protein Shake
Meal 4 - Dinner watever mom makes usually includes rice or pasta, with some sort of meat, vegetables
Snack - Mixed nuts
Meal before sleep- cottage cheese

Apr 26 2010 04:57pm
Quote (illsonmedia @ Apr 26 2010 03:18pm)
That makes sense.  Yeah I haven't been stretching.  I'll start doing that, thanks!

you mentioned Optimum Nutrition or NOW! as a cottage cheese supplement.  I'm going to the vitamin store today, which would you recommend?  Also, what is glutamine?  I'm not taking any supplements, should I pick some up at the store?

I don't want to over-do it with pills, but if there are some things you think I should add to my routine, I probably will.

Thanks.

Optimum Nutrition or NOW! Casein Protein....to replace cottage cheese.

Glutamine helps your body recover...try Optimum Nutrition Glutamin powder (unflavored) and add to your shakes.
Apr 26 2010 05:00pm
Quote (baboli @ Apr 26 2010 06:28pm)
If i want to start a cut  wat adjustments should i make to my diet

Meal 1 - 2 eggs, Cup Oatmeal, Cup of Oj, Cup of Almond Milk, bowl of fruit - Multi-V
Snack- Bag of ceral (Cascadian) just as snack for class
Meal 2- Turkey Sandwich with wheat bread, Protein Shake- Fish oil
Meal 3- Tuna Sandwich with wheat bread, Salad ( Lettuce , Spinach , tomatos, avocado, dressing), 1/2 cup of oatmeal
Meal 4 - Dinner watever mom makes usually includes rice or pasta, with some sort of meat, vegetables
Snack - Mixed nuts
Meal before sleep- cottage cheese

Here are the changes:

Meal 1 - 4 eggs, 1/2 cup of oatmeal, 1/2 grapefruit
Snack- 1 cheese stick and handful of mixed nuts
Meal 2- 1 can of tuna on top of a salad or 6 oz of turkey on top of a salad + fish oil
Meal 3- 1 chicken breast + 1/2 cup black beans + 1 cup of broccoli + fish oil
Meal 4 - 1 chicken breast or lean steak (or any lean meat) + green veggies w/ olive oil
Snack - Mixed nuts
Meal before sleep- cottage cheese w/ cinnamon
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 100%
Apr 26 2010 06:17pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Apr 26 2010 12:05am)
To be honest, this is unproven and quite possibly harmful in the long term.

I wouldn't recommend Alkalizing your body with supplements or products or gimicks. The best idea for a healthy overall body is to stick to a good clean diet, good exercise routine, and certain longevity and health related supplements.

I truly would NOT advise that you mess around with "alkalizing" your body...some serious side effects can occur with the wrong types of supplements for this and I would have to steer you in the wrong direction.

I see what you're saying, and you're probably right... but a lot of material i've gone over did look convincing and made sense

one of the anecdotal pieces of evidence that intrigued me the most was that the only common factor between regions of people with the longest lifespans was that they had alkalized water
Apr 26 2010 07:18pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Apr 26 2010 06:00pm)
Here are the changes:

Meal 1 - 4 eggs, 1/2 cup of oatmeal, 1/2 grapefruit
Snack- 1 cheese stick and handful of mixed nuts
Meal 2- 1 can of tuna on top of a salad or 6 oz of turkey on top of a salad + fish oil
Meal 3- 1 chicken breast + 1/2 cup black beans + 1 cup of broccoli + fish oil
Meal 4 - 1 chicken breast or lean steak (or any lean meat) + green veggies w/ olive oil
Snack - Mixed nuts
Meal before sleep- cottage cheese w/ cinnamon

Couple questions
I heard grapefruit can cause reactions with medicines curerntly i take elodinte for my knee and asprin for migranes everyday is this true??

The eggs are whole or you take yolk out?

and for the meal 3 1 cup of broccoli do you spefically want me to ake brocolli or any other veggie is fine?
Apr 26 2010 07:36pm
Quote (CuteKoala @ Apr 26 2010 08:17pm)
I see what you're saying, and you're probably right... but a lot of material i've gone over did look convincing and made sense

one of the anecdotal pieces of evidence that intrigued me the most was that the only common factor between regions of people with the longest lifespans was that they had alkalized water

Perhaps, but also refer to their diet.

The highest life expectancies on the planet are in regions where fish and vegetables are common food staples and a low-stress lifestyle.

Now if true longevity is what you want...look into telomerase. I have a feeling that is going to be used in conjunction with stem cells to yield some pretty jaw-dropping effects.

Apr 26 2010 07:39pm
Quote (baboli @ Apr 26 2010 09:18pm)
Couple questions
I heard grapefruit can cause reactions with medicines  curerntly i take elodinte for my knee and asprin for migranes everyday is this true??

The eggs are whole or you take yolk out?

and for the meal 3  1 cup of broccoli do you spefically want me to ake brocolli or any other veggie is fine?

here is a viable source on this:

http://www.pharmacytimes.com/issue/pharmacy/2003/2003-02/2003-02-7092

Some meds will have a reaction - but most will not. Asprin wont be a problem, and I am unfamiliar with "elodinte" I think you misspelled it?

edit:

also, WHOLE EGGS do not remove the yolk

and lastly...broccoli or ANY green veggie is fine.

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Apr 26 2010 07:39pm
Apr 26 2010 07:43pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Apr 26 2010 08:39pm)
here is a viable source on this:

http://www.pharmacytimes.com/issue/pharmacy/2003/2003-02/2003-02-7092

Some meds will have a reaction - but most will not. Asprin wont be a problem, and I am unfamiliar with "elodinte" I think you misspelled it?

edit:

also, WHOLE EGGS do not remove the yolk

and lastly...broccoli or ANY green veggie is fine.

i think its elodine its a perscription anti-inflammation medicine

just curious why grapefruit?

This post was edited by baboli on Apr 26 2010 07:43pm
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev14024034044054062039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll