d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev14014024034044052039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.38
Apr 25 2010 09:46pm
If doing a program like DC Training while on a cut, should I continue cardio post weight training? Or only on off days?
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Apr 25 2010 10:05pm
Quote (CuteKoala @ Apr 24 2010 06:28pm)
So apparently alkalizing your body has benefits from being over-all good for health and promoting longevity to establishing a superior anabolic state in the body.

My question is... how does this shit actually work?

Okay, so you can go out and buy an expensive Italian water filter that will alkalize your water in addition to cleaning it... and there's a laundry list of "alkalizing foods" but what actually takes place in the body when you do these things?

To be honest, this is unproven and quite possibly harmful in the long term.

I wouldn't recommend Alkalizing your body with supplements or products or gimicks. The best idea for a healthy overall body is to stick to a good clean diet, good exercise routine, and certain longevity and health related supplements.

I truly would NOT advise that you mess around with "alkalizing" your body...some serious side effects can occur with the wrong types of supplements for this and I would have to steer you in the wrong direction.
Apr 25 2010 10:06pm
Quote (g4mer @ Apr 25 2010 12:16am)
I know your suppose to mix up workouts every month or so

Ive basically been doing the 5x5 plan with the isolation exercises you posted earlier

been a month now, should I switch to working each body part twice a week?

1st place winner was one I was looking at

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw56.htm

Not every month...more like every 3-4 months. If you mix it up TOO much you will actually see a lack of strength gain.

I recommend sticking to the 5x5 for AT LEAST 4 months before alternating. Once you start to plateau is when its best to start a new plan
Apr 25 2010 10:07pm
Quote (TheOak @ Apr 25 2010 01:32am)
hey i got shtretch marks
1st started in between my legs then i found sum on the outer pec-inner arm pit, and then now got some on my outer armpit-rear delt

can i get rid of them?
prevent?
slow the process?
help please

Hey there.

Cocoa and Shea Butter are the only products I know that gradually help smooth out stretch marks. In some cases it helps, in other cases it's useless. But if you are desperate, you can give it a shot. Also, mild tanning can also help disguise stretchmarks.
Apr 25 2010 10:08pm
Quote (illsonmedia @ Apr 25 2010 10:23am)
sup bro.  the arms went great on friday, and my run yesterday.

the only task im having difficulty completing is the cottage cheese, to be honest.

I cannot stomache that stuff.  I've been drinking a protein shake instead.  Any other suitable substitutes?

Hey there.

Optimum Nutrition or NOW! 100% casein protein is a viable solution that works just as well as cottage cheese
Apr 25 2010 10:08pm
Quote (RvTool @ Apr 25 2010 12:10pm)
Alright, well would it be fine if I just took the creatine post workout
And  Arginine or caffeine pre?
I just want the extra energy and pumps while/before I workout

stick to the arginine pre-workout for pumps.

caffeine only take in the morning on an empty stomach to encourage fat burning.

as far as creatine, post workout with grape juice is optimal.
Apr 25 2010 10:09pm
Quote (Mesonychid @ Apr 25 2010 11:46pm)
If doing a program like DC Training while on a cut, should I continue cardio post weight training? Or only on off days?

Yes. Still continue cardio afterwards....but make sure to take plenty of BCAA's to avoid muscle wasting.
Gold: 115,229.43
Apr 26 2010 07:11am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Apr 26 2010 12:08am)
Hey there.

Optimum Nutrition or NOW! 100% casein protein is a viable solution that works just as well as cottage cheese

Great.

And I did bics/tris on friday. It was my first day back at the gym. I did pyramidding on the routines you wanted me to do (skull crushers, DB curls, etc) until failure. Saturday was fine. But Sunday and even today I'm in some serious pain. my bics and tris ache, but my left (weaker of the two arms) bicep (near my elbow) is very painful. It is tense, almost like I am flexing it. And I can't really straighten it without extreme pain, although I try to because I feel like it is stretching the muscle which may be good.

Today I am supposed to do chest and abs. Should I not be going so hard (until failure) just yet, since it's my first week back, or is this pain natural?

Also, is there a possibility I may have torn something, or would it be much more painful?
Gold: 1,310.23
Apr 26 2010 10:42am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Apr 25 2010 11:07pm)
Hey there.

Cocoa and Shea Butter are the only products I know that gradually help smooth out stretch marks. In some cases it helps, in other cases it's useless. But if you are desperate, you can give it a shot. Also, mild tanning can also help disguise stretchmarks.

yea thanks, iv been tryin cocoa butter for a while cant c too much difference but ill jst keep it up b/c i guess it cld b worse

i have another question
can a certain excercise increase stretch marks?
b/c i hav them on my outer pec/inner armpit, would db flys actualy make them worse from stretching my arms out with weight?
Apr 26 2010 01:04pm
Quote (illsonmedia @ Apr 26 2010 09:11am)
Great.

And I did bics/tris on friday.  It was my first day back at the gym.  I did pyramidding on the routines you wanted me to do  (skull crushers, DB curls, etc) until failure.  Saturday was fine.  But Sunday and even today I'm in some serious pain.  my bics and tris ache, but my left (weaker of the two arms) bicep (near my elbow) is very painful.  It is tense, almost like I am flexing it.  And I can't really straighten it without extreme pain, although I try to because I feel like it is stretching the muscle which may be good.

Today I am supposed to do chest and abs.  Should I not be going so hard (until failure) just yet, since it's my first week back, or is this pain natural?

Also, is there a possibility I may have torn something, or would it be much more painful?

The pain is normal for starting this kind of routine. It's working well and you just need to take more glutamine and STRETCH the muscles out considerably. You need to be stretching 5-6 times a day. Don't over-stretch, so do it lightly enough that it doesn't cause pain, but get the muscles untensed.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev14014024034044052039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll