d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev13753763773783792039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Apr 8 2010 01:33am
Quote (Babolat @ Apr 7 2010 06:53pm)
Hey, can you provide me with an upper body routine.

I feel I'm lacking more in that area than anything else.  For bulking.

you need to hit lower body at least once a week - do not forget.

as for upper body in pure bulking, try the 5on2off plan

Mon - chest - 36 sets - bench press, incline bench press, dumbbell flies, pec-deck, decline press , and cable crossovers (in that order - 6 sets of each)
Tues - Back - 36 sets - Straight leg deadlifts, lat pulldowns, bent over BB rows, seated cable rows, good-mornings, and dumbbell rows (in that order - 6 sets of each)
Weds - Shoulders - 36 sets - Front/Lat Raises (alternating), military press, arnold presses, DB shrugs, BB shrugs, DB shoulder press (in that order - 6 sets of each)
Thurs - Legs - 36 sets - Squats (ass to grass), DB lunges, Leg Extensions, Laying Leg Curls, Standing Calf Raises, Donkey Calf Raises (in that order - 6 sets of each)
Fri - Arms - 40 sets - Olympic Bar Curls, EZ-Bar Preacher Curls, DB Hammer Curls, DB Skullcrushers, Tricep Pulldowns (cable), Close-grip bench-press, Seated Concentration Curls (DB), and Standing DB Tricep Kickbacks (in that order - 5 sets of each)
Apr 8 2010 01:36am
Quote (Rezervation @ Apr 8 2010 01:40am)
hey just wondering if there is safe way to drop 140 lbs in a year and what would be a max loss in your opinon for 4 months

now i've stocked up on BSN and am using P90X i've dropped 100 lbs last year but just couldn't keep it off now my diet last year was a .5lb-1lb of meat a day with 3 serverings of ramen

then my ol lady got pregnant and i regained it all in sympythy (how ever you spell it) weight she lost hers now i have to use iron will to loose it again just wondering what your thoughts were

forgive my bad grammar

hey there.

140 lbs a year is very extreme, but doable.

3lbs a WEEK is the most I would advise anyone to lose...and at that rate of 52 weeks in a year, that would be 156 lbs.

Although your skin will not be able to keep up with your fat losses (resulting in loose skin) this can easily be fixed surgically if you still demand such rapid fat loss.

However, if you choose to go about it slower (say 3lbs a week for 6 months, then 1 lb a week for the next 6 months) this would yield 104 lbs a year lost...for a total of 1.5 years to reach the 156 lb goal. This would also save your skin a bit more.

But as far as safety goes, yes it is safe (barely) but still safe to lose 156 lbs in a year. (also assuming that you are at least 200 lbs overweight to begin with)
Gold: 0.00
Apr 8 2010 03:21am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Apr 8 2010 12:36am)
hey there.

140 lbs a year is very extreme, but doable.

3lbs a WEEK is the most I would advise anyone to lose...and at that rate of 52 weeks in a year, that would be 156 lbs.

Although your skin will not be able to keep up with your fat losses (resulting in loose skin) this can easily be fixed surgically if you still demand such rapid fat loss.

However, if you choose to go about it slower (say 3lbs a week for 6 months, then 1 lb a week for the next 6 months) this would yield 104 lbs a year lost...for a total of 1.5 years to reach the 156 lb goal. This would also save your skin a bit more.

But as far as safety goes, yes it is safe (barely) but still safe to lose 156 lbs in a year. (also assuming that you are at least 200 lbs overweight to begin with)

BMI calced at 42 im 323 yes a fatty i know but atleast i am willing to change
Gold: 60.00
Apr 8 2010 04:39am
Herro raynor.

I've recently been training 5 days a week for about 2 months now, and everythings been going fine.

I was flat benching/squatting/deadlift/dips sun tues thurs,
and flat benching/squatting/isolation exercises(shoulders+curls) mondays/wednesdays.

A gym buddy of mine told me to stop working out 5 days a week and that I can overtrain and won't make any progress. But I honestly love going to the gym 5 days a week and cant sleep unless I workout. I also can't do any type of cardio since im a smoker+ I have severe shin splints that make me unable to jog, so working out is the only way for me to lose fat.

But recently, during the 3rd and 4th days of working out, I've began to get some extreme wrist/forearm/bicep and tricep area pain. As today I was doing my curls I was unable to finish them as I got this pain all over my arms. Benching was just not doable at all. I think the pain started from when I was moving up weight in benching and recently was questioned about my benching form(my wrists were bending a bit too far back) which probably lead to some slight injuries. But I alleviated my benching form but the pain still returns around the 3rd 4th day. Is it just because my routine? Should I be heeding my friends advice and adding at least one day of rest? I guess to describe the pain its not like sorenress pain but just pain. If I were to squeeze my forearm right now itd be as if it was bruised. Any suggestions?

Apr 8 2010 11:28am
i went from 240- 180 in a couple of months. i think i have some loose skin, but i cant tell if its loose skin or just fat, how do u tell?

and if it is loose skin, how would i get rid of it?
Apr 8 2010 11:39am
Quote (PotLimit @ Apr 8 2010 06:39am)
Herro raynor.

I've recently been training 5 days a week for about 2 months now, and everythings been going fine.

I was flat benching/squatting/deadlift/dips sun tues thurs,
and flat benching/squatting/isolation exercises(shoulders+curls) mondays/wednesdays.

A gym buddy of mine told me to stop working out 5 days a week and that I can overtrain and won't make any progress. But I honestly love going to the gym 5 days a week and cant sleep unless I workout. I also can't do any type of cardio since im a smoker+ I have severe shin splints that make me unable to jog, so working out is the only way for me to lose fat.

But recently, during the 3rd and 4th days of working out, I've began to get some extreme wrist/forearm/bicep and tricep area pain. As today I was doing my curls I was unable to finish them as I got this pain all over my arms. Benching was just not doable at all. I think the pain started from when I was moving up weight in benching and recently was questioned about my benching form(my wrists were bending a bit too far back) which probably lead to some slight injuries. But I alleviated my benching form but the pain still returns around the 3rd 4th day. Is it just because my routine? Should I be heeding my friends advice and adding at least one day of rest? I guess to describe the pain its not like sorenress pain but just pain. If I were to squeeze my forearm right now itd be as if it was bruised. Any suggestions?

yes. STOP BENCHING AND SQUATTING 5 DAYS A WEEK! lol

Seriously that is truly overtraining in a nutshell.

You need to stick to a plan that trains each muscle group only one...at the most twice a week.

I just made a sketch plan for the gentleman above you...please refer here:

5on2off plan

Mon - chest - 36 sets - bench press, incline bench press, dumbbell flies, pec-deck, decline press , and cable crossovers (in that order - 6 sets of each)
Tues - Back - 36 sets - Straight leg deadlifts, lat pulldowns, bent over BB rows, seated cable rows, good-mornings, and dumbbell rows (in that order - 6 sets of each)
Weds - Shoulders - 36 sets - Front/Lat Raises (alternating), military press, arnold presses, DB shrugs, BB shrugs, DB shoulder press (in that order - 6 sets of each)
Thurs - Legs - 36 sets - Squats (ass to grass), DB lunges, Leg Extensions, Laying Leg Curls, Standing Calf Raises, Donkey Calf Raises (in that order - 6 sets of each)
Fri - Arms - 40 sets - Olympic Bar Curls, EZ-Bar Preacher Curls, DB Hammer Curls, DB Skullcrushers, Tricep Pulldowns (cable), Close-grip bench-press, Seated Concentration Curls (DB), and Standing DB Tricep Kickbacks (in that order - 5 sets of each)

As for right now to help cure the injury - stop working out for a solid week...no workouts at all....you can do cardio but thats about it.

Also you need to ice yourself....at least 3x a day for 15 minutes each time. Also try to relax the muscles with a hot bath + epsom salts once a day in addition to the icing.

Do all of this for a week solid (the week you aren't at the gym) and monitor if you get better.

If the pain does NOT go away or gets worse, please see a doctor and have it examined. You may have pulled/tore something (probably not the case).
Apr 8 2010 11:44am
Quote (Kiston @ Apr 8 2010 01:28pm)
i went from 240- 180 in a couple of months. i think i have some loose skin, but i cant tell if its loose skin or just fat, how do u tell?

and if it is loose skin, how would i get rid of it?

To truly get rid of mass loose skin (if you really have it) requires surgery. There is no way around this.

If its just a little bit of loose skin, all you have to do is work out and pay attention to mass training for that specific area to rebuild large amounts of muscle which will act as supports for the skin and eliminate the "loose skin" appearance.

to check if you have loose skin or fat, pinch it! If it feels thin in texture it's skin. If it feels thick and you can roll your fingers as you pinch it and feel slight coarseness - it is fat. Skin is very thin on its own and it so noticeably thin that you will easily be able to tell what is loose skin and what isn't.
Apr 8 2010 01:28pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Apr 8 2010 05:44pm)
To truly get rid of mass loose skin (if you really have it) requires surgery. There is no way around this.

If its just a little bit of loose skin, all you have to do is work out and pay attention to mass training for that specific area to rebuild large amounts of muscle which will act as supports for the skin and eliminate the "loose skin" appearance.

to check if you have loose skin or fat, pinch it! If it feels thin in texture it's skin. If it feels thick and you can roll your fingers as you pinch it and feel slight coarseness - it is fat. Skin is very thin on its own and it so noticeably thin that you will easily be able to tell what is loose skin and what isn't.

ahh ic.. thanks

This post was edited by Kiston on Apr 8 2010 01:46pm
Gold: 60.00
Apr 8 2010 04:38pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Apr 8 2010 11:39am)
yes. STOP BENCHING AND SQUATTING 5 DAYS A WEEK! lol

Seriously that is truly overtraining in a nutshell.

You need to stick to a plan that trains each muscle group only one...at the most twice a week.

I just made a sketch plan for the gentleman above you...please refer here:

5on2off plan

As for right now to help cure the injury - stop working out for a solid week...no workouts at all....you can do cardio but thats about it.

Also you need to ice yourself....at least 3x a day for 15 minutes each time. Also try to relax the muscles with a hot bath + epsom salts once a day in addition to the icing.

Do all of this for a week solid (the week you aren't at the gym) and monitor if you get better.

If the pain does NOT go away or gets worse, please see a doctor and have it examined. You may have pulled/tore something (probably not the case).

I'm assuming the workout you just posted is overall just to tone(6x6 sets) and not bulk the body? Come the time I wish to bulk again, is there a completely different workout for that, or do I just follow that routine with less sets more weight, possibly a 3x5 scheme? One final question, where can I fit tricep dips in that routine.
Apr 8 2010 09:00pm
Quote (PotLimit @ Apr 8 2010 06:38pm)
I'm assuming the workout you just posted is overall just to tone(6x6 sets)  and not bulk the body? Come the time I wish to bulk again, is there a completely different workout for that, or do I just follow that routine with less sets more weight, possibly a 3x5 scheme? One final question, where can I fit tricep dips in that routine.

hey there.

the plan I posted is an overall good routine for gaining muscle mass and cutting some fat. This is not a solid bulking plan. I posted a 5x5 bulking plan for strength and size many times in this thread...please take a look over the last 10 pages to find it again, and when you do, kindly copy and paste it into new post here so others in the thread can find it more easily.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev13753763773783792039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll