d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev127282930312039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Sep 2 2008 01:19am
Quote (dbzsucks2008 @ Tue, Sep 2 2008, 03:00am)
nice thread here, what you are doing is very good, hope you get lots of donations.

I'm 6'6, 205 lbs. and atrophying all over because of stressful schooling over past 2 years. I'd like to know how to squeeze quick workouts into a busy schedule, and maybe some simple ways to optimize my diet to benefit these workouts most (as in, I'm very poor and don't want to finance a lot of expensive nutrition, but am willing to pay a little more than my regular groceries to help).

Don't need like a full diet plan/exercise regimen, just a few pointers maybe.

Major goals: Decrease fat, increase lean muscle (not bulk) -- cardio mostly?

mostly want to stay in shape for playing basketball. frustrating getting tired after only 2 games of running up and down the court. Thanks, any help is appreciated.

hey there -

unfortunately your many, your problem is all too common. However, there is a plenty good solution to help you and the thousands of other people (if not millions) in the same shoes as you.

First of all...here is the best way you can fulfill all of your goals without breaking your bank!

1. Diet - 6'6 205 means that you need a minimum of about 2,300 calories a day just to maintain your metabolism. However, given your goals, I wouldn't reccomend upping or lowering that caloric intake more than +100 or -100. Keep it between 2,200 and 2,400 - no more no less - HOWEVER, you must eat frequently! Every 2-3 hours is ABSOLUTELY necessary.

Try to eat healthy foods - lean meats(like turkey, chicken, tuna, fish, sirloin steak, etc), complex carbs (like sweet potatoes, whole grain pasta/bread, oatmeal, brown rice, etc), and plenty of fruits in the early part of the day, and plenty of veggies later in the day.

Drink ice water!! This increases metabo and is the healthiest drinking option. DO NOT DRINK SODA! Iced tea is also okay, because of the caffeine content and cold temperature (also its simply water and tea).

Remove simple sugars from your diet! The only sugar you should be getting is from fresh fruit or 100% fruit juices.

2. Exercise - if you can't afford a gym membership the best option is to go to walmart and buy TWO (2) - 30 lb dumbbells. You can use these to perform 100's of exercises including: bicep curls, hammer curls, tricep extensions, forearm curls, dumbbell chest press, dumbbell flies, shoulder press, lunges, squats, deadlifts, etc. In addition you can do pushups, pullups, crunches, situps, deep knee bends, explosive jumps, as well as cardio without weights at all.

This will NOT get you jacked - don't get me wrong. This will however, tone your muscle groups, aid in caloric burning, and provide you increased energy and increased mitochondria. You will feel better, look better, and live better.

3. Supplement - because of your budget the only supplement i would reccomend is some good 100% whey protein powder like optimum nutrition 100% whey. Its fairly cheap and can take the place of certain meals making it very affordable considering how many "meals" you get from it.

Drink shakes in the morning for breakfast with a banana, before and after a workout at home, and before bed. Very simple solution to getting enough protein and calories.

Ok I hope this helps! heart.gif

good luck
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Sep 2 2008 01:28am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Tue, Sep 2 2008, 07:19am)
hey there -

unfortunately your many, your problem is all too common. However, there is a plenty good solution to help you and the thousands of other people (if not millions) in the same shoes as you.

First of all...here is the best way you can fulfill all of your goals without breaking your bank!

1. Diet - 6'6 205 means that you need a minimum of about 2,300 calories a day just to maintain your metabolism. However, given your goals, I wouldn't reccomend upping or lowering that caloric intake more than +100 or -100. Keep it between 2,200 and 2,400 - no more no less - HOWEVER, you must eat frequently! Every 2-3 hours is ABSOLUTELY necessary.

Try to eat healthy foods - lean meats(like turkey, chicken, tuna, fish, sirloin steak, etc), complex carbs (like sweet potatoes, whole grain pasta/bread, oatmeal, brown rice, etc), and plenty of fruits in the early part of the day, and plenty of veggies later in the day.

Drink ice water!! This increases metabo and is the healthiest drinking option. DO NOT DRINK SODA! Iced tea is also okay, because of the caffeine content and cold temperature (also its simply water and tea).

Remove simple sugars from your diet! The only sugar you should be getting is from fresh fruit or 100% fruit juices.

2. Exercise - if you can't afford a gym membership the best option is to go to walmart and buy TWO (2) - 30 lb dumbbells. You can use these to perform 100's of exercises including: bicep curls, hammer curls, tricep extensions, forearm curls, dumbbell chest press, dumbbell flies, shoulder press, lunges, squats, deadlifts, etc. In addition you can do pushups, pullups, crunches, situps, deep knee bends, explosive jumps, as well as cardio without weights at all.

This will NOT get you jacked - don't get me wrong. This will however, tone your muscle groups, aid in caloric burning, and provide you increased energy and increased mitochondria. You will feel better, look better, and live better.

3. Supplement - because of your budget the only supplement i would reccomend is some good 100% whey protein powder like optimum nutrition 100% whey. Its fairly cheap and can take the place of certain meals making it very affordable considering how many "meals" you get from it.

Drink shakes in the morning for breakfast with a banana, before and after a workout at home, and before bed. Very simple solution to getting enough protein and calories.

Ok I hope this helps! heart.gif

good luck

printing this, a lot of great advice . . I think I'll donate too. A little now, a little more when I can dunk again (I used to be able to, now I don't have the athleticism).

Actually on that note, any good plyometric workouts cheap/simple? At school I will have access to a gym, so I will make use of it to keep tone.

Again, great advice. Thanks in advance for help, great service.
Sep 2 2008 02:08am
Quote (dbzsucks2008 @ Tue, Sep 2 2008, 03:28am)
printing this, a lot of great advice . . I think I'll donate too. A little now, a little more when I can dunk again (I used to be able to, now I don't have the athleticism).

Actually on that note, any good plyometric workouts cheap/simple? At school I will have access to a gym, so I will make use of it to keep tone.

Again, great advice. Thanks in advance for help, great service.

you are very welcome - it is my pleasure.
Sep 3 2008 12:50am
TIP OF THE DAY -

Creatine can be found in 3 primary forms - Monohydrate, Micronized, and Kre-Alkalyn. Although Creatine Monohydrate has been proven time and time again to be the cheapest and most effective creatine - some people swear that using Micronized Creatine or Krea-Alkalyn have yielded better results. The best bet is to try all three for at least a one-month cycle and decide for yourself which one works the best. However, creatine in general is crucial for building lean mass during bulking phases.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 1,636.76
Sep 3 2008 02:02pm
is there any way to make my ankle tendons or w/e they are stronger because at the moment they always pop sometimes and it hurts sometimes like when i walk through water
not like PAIN PAIN but like lil pain barely big pain
Sep 3 2008 05:49pm
Quote (pkxd @ Wed, Sep 3 2008, 04:02pm)
is there any way to make my ankle tendons or w/e they are stronger because at the moment they always pop sometimes and it hurts sometimes like when i walk through water
not like PAIN PAIN but like lil pain barely big pain

technically strengthening tendons and ligaments isn't possible through exercise. However, proper supplementation and deep stretching can help ligaments and tendons strengthen as well as elongate. I recommend using UNIVERSAL ANIMAL FLEX (pills) and a thorough stretching routine.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 1,636.76
Sep 3 2008 05:58pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Wed, Sep 3 2008, 07:49pm)
technically strengthening tendons and ligaments isn't possible through exercise. However, proper supplementation and deep stretching can help ligaments and tendons strengthen as well as elongate. I recommend using UNIVERSAL ANIMAL FLEX (pills) and a thorough stretching routine.

oh dang
another thing my parents wont support me with
guess i gotta wait till im 16 ><
thx ne way
Sep 3 2008 08:11pm
Quote (pkxd @ Wed, Sep 3 2008, 07:58pm)
oh dang
another thing my parents wont support me with
guess i gotta wait till im 16 ><
thx ne way

hey there...

sorry about that...a free alternative is to try the heat + ice method.

Heat up the areas in question - 20 minutes

ice the areas - 20 minutes

repeat this 4-6 times a day...combined with stretching techniques. This can also help.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 4 2008 03:50pm
I could use some help please.

My Currents:

Height: 5'9
Weight 154

I'm really wanting to work on my abs.

I currently started cutting back simply because i wanted to loose the weight back, in may 08 up until now used to be 202lbs.
I took into consideration that probably loosing all this weight over the summer had a effect, & the skin on my stomach that used to be sorta streched is now basically extra so
I think it might be i need to tighten the skin around my stomach so my abs are able to show.
I look in great shape except my abs dont show?
If i feel my stomach I can feel the indentions of where you normaly would see the abs seperate, except mine dont quite show.
I realize gaining abs that have great defination to them come with alot of work, so
I train my abs everynight before i go to bed.
Doing various ab exercises.

Any help you could offer would really be Great!

Thanks,

~Rank.

This post was edited by RankBoyzZip on Sep 4 2008 03:51pm
Sep 4 2008 10:50pm
Quote (RankBoyzZip @ Thu, Sep 4 2008, 05:50pm)
I could use some help please.

My Currents:

Height: 5'9
Weight 154

I'm really wanting to work on my abs.

I currently started cutting  back simply because i wanted to loose the weight back, in may 08 up until now used to be 202lbs.
I took into consideration that probably loosing all this weight over the summer had a effect, & the skin on my stomach that used to be sorta streched is now basically extra so
I think it might be i need to tighten the skin around my stomach so my abs are able to show.
I look in great shape except my abs dont show?
If i feel my stomach I can feel the indentions of where you normaly would see the abs seperate, except mine dont quite show.
I realize gaining abs that have great defination to them come with alot of work, so
I train my abs everynight before i go to bed.
Doing various ab exercises.

Any help you could offer would really be Great!

Thanks,

~Rank.

Hey there - unfortunately the only way to really work on getting stubborn skin to tighten up and have extremely visible abs is lots of hard work and a conscious diet.

You need to be hitting your abs extremely hard. Don't train them every night though - for skin tightening, do them every other day - or else you will just keep stretching the skin out without enough rest inbetween.

Stick to every other day...but very high intensity...about an hour of ab training each training day. You need to do huge complex movements like hanging leg raises, laying candlesticks (where you pull your legs straight up over your head until you're standing on your shoulders and then come down slowly), standing knee raises, broom twists, etc.

for help with these exercises go here::: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm

You can also try tightening creams (they make some decent caffeine creams that actually do tighten skin pretty well).

Hope this helps!

Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev127282930312039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll