d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev115161718192039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Aug 4 2008 10:01pm
Quote (AcXxX @ Mon, Aug 4 2008, 07:11pm)
I've been working out for about a year and have taken some supplements (some creatine mono, whey) and have been off for a while. I want to try out a new stack from controlled labs but wasn't sure if it's good or not.
it's here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/clabs/clabs.htm

Controlled Labs White Flood/Green MAGnitude/Purple Wraath Combo

i posted on the bbforums and everyone that posted was a CL rep so I wanna get some advice from someone who isn't wink.gif

protein I used ON gold standard.

what about fish oil? Not sure what brand I should go with.

and does the 5x5 program work for squat the same way as bench? or could I go up 10 instead of 5 on squat?

hey there, let me address each question individually -

as far as controlled labs stack goes: I've tried purple wrath - found it to be pretty ineffective. As for white flood, its really just a simple arginine matrix so its way overpriced for what you get...also its caffeine + arginine which even tho 90% of pre-workout products have this combo...its bad because caffeine and arginine are antagonistic! Arginine helps blood vessels to relax and expand (vasodilation) which also helps the flow and production of nitric acid which also has a vasodilation effect (leads to lower blood pressure and more vascularity). Caffeine has a vasoconstriction effect (constricts the blood vessels, increases blood pressure). What happens when you combine both? You get an antagonistic reacation which in some people can lead to: Dizzyness, nausea, gastrointestinal distress, muscle cramping and, hypo/hyper volemia.

lastly...the Green Magnitude is just a simple creatine EEM and come creatine Cheylate. sounds like total BS to me. You'd be better off buying a straight creatine powder from a reputable brand like MetRX, NOW!, Optimum, or even bodybuilding.com brand (higher power).

To be honest, CG is a company I've never been fond of. Their products generally have dissapointed me, and seem to be overpriced and overhyped.

Stick with the stack if you already bought it, but I reccomend trying a normal stack afterwards and test the result differences. If you didn't buy it, save urself the money and get yourself some cheap NOW! Arginine+Ornithine, Higher Power Creatine Monohydrate, energy pills (german american tech jet-fuel is great), and maybe a twinlab amino fuel (to be honest the purple wrath is just an amino support product...you can easilly get those aminos through eating whole protein foods like lean meats/dairy/eggs/etc).

Second question - for fish oil get the NOW! Omega 3-6-9 - its the best product for EFA's period. Its cheap, effective, and proven by multiple supplement police sites (sites that send supplements off to chemical interpretation facilities) to contain the actual said ingredients.

NOW! is a very good brand like Optimum, cheap and effective with YEARS and tons of proof behind their products.

Lastly, 5x5's work with all major exercises - Squats, bench, incline, decline, barbell curls (21's are better though), cleans (and all variations of), deadlifts, etc.

Ok hope this works - feel free to donate if you have extra fg! =)

take care

-SKCRaynor
Gold: 8,422.77
Aug 5 2008 01:54pm
QUICK TIP OF THE DAY -

When weighing in - make sure to weigh yourself no more than once a week at the same time and conditions each week.

for example - weigh in on mondays using the same scale, wearing the same clothes, at the same time, under the same conditions.

That way, you can monitor if you have any gains (for bulking) or losses (for cutting).

If you weigh too often, you can get paranoid, don't weigh in more than once a week~!
Retired Moderator
Gold: 355.06
Aug 5 2008 04:35pm
Advice on streach marks?
Gold: 0.00
Aug 5 2008 06:54pm
Quote (7_Deadly_Sins @ Tue, Aug 5 2008, 05:35pm)
Advice on streach marks?

Shouldn't have gotten fat in the first place. Your only option is to keep yourself clothed for several years and wait until they fade away OR face the hideous embarrassment of having red lines all over your body!

stop trolling already lol, no one likes you.

and I refuse to argue with your stupidity.

heart.gif "my new fuckin haircut" tho =D

I'm taking over this thread, these people need a REAL professional not some homeless fatty. Everyone ask me your questions now.

This post was edited by PURE- on Aug 5 2008 06:55pm
Aug 5 2008 06:56pm
Quote (PURE- @ Tue, Aug 5 2008, 07:54pm)
I'm taking over this thread, these people need a REAL professional not some homeless fatty.  Everyone ask me your questions now.

Dear Mr.Guidofag,
When plucking my eyebrows should I go with OR against the way the hair grows?
Banned
Gold: 20.51
Warn: 70%
Aug 5 2008 07:01pm
Quote (codymichaud @ Tue, Aug 5 2008, 08:56pm)
Dear Mr.Guidofag,
When plucking my eyebrows should I go with OR against the way the hair grows?

rofl.

protip : "PURE" isn't even a guido, he's some kid under a rock pretending to be one

google icon_pointr.gif image icon_pointr.gif guido icon_pointr.gif pics that this faggot tries to pass off as his own
Aug 5 2008 07:05pm
Quote (Peachie @ Tue, Aug 5 2008, 08:01pm)
rofl.

protip : "PURE" isn't even a guido, he's some kid under a rock pretending to be one

google icon_pointr.gif image icon_pointr.gif guido icon_pointr.gif pics that this faggot tries to pass off as his own

ROFL, i had just done that right after i posted, under guido i found his "dad" then i typed in guido haircut and found the one that was supposed to be him
Banned
Aug 5 2008 07:06pm
Mah Popz bout to get zomeee p00Onay yo.
Gold: 192.00
Aug 5 2008 07:12pm
Quote (PURE- @ Tue, Aug 5 2008, 08:54pm)
I'm taking over this thread, these people need a REAL professional not some homeless fatty. Everyone ask me your questions now.

Ahh..im sure you have the best advice on how to give good head to your boyfriends and where to get good manicures..but i dont think those things are part of this forum..u could try elsewhere though hahaha
Banned
Aug 5 2008 07:14pm
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev115161718192039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll