d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1112111221123112411252039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,260.01
Oct 30 2011 10:12pm
speaking of abs...in your opinion what is the best way to hold the weight when doing weighted decline sit ups?
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Oct 30 2011 10:35pm
Quote (Deathslaya16 @ Oct 31 2011 12:12am)
speaking of abs...in your opinion what is the best way to hold the weight when doing weighted decline sit ups?

on your chest with arms around it.
Gold: 125.00
Oct 30 2011 11:53pm
Hey Raynor,

I have a good idea of what I think I'd want to do, but your input on the "ideal setup" would be appreciated. This is theoretical right now.

The backdrop: My dad is looking into expanding our basement (it's 5 feet high and we may expand it to be 8 feet high). If it works out and we manage to get it done, he wants to move my equipment into a dedicated gym room which would be one of the three or four rooms we'd be adding into the basement.

The question: My dad is asking what other items we'd need for the gym to be complete. Basically he'd work out in there too. So he wants to know what few machines we'd need to add to complete it so he can approximate the cost of the whole project. I'm trying to gather up the best ideas, and then narrow it down to three-six different things (depending on size and cost) to give him a general ballpark number.

As far as machines or machine-like equipment goes (ignoring bars, storage, dumbbells, attachments, minor equipment, etc), I already have a power rack with pullup bars and high/low pulley, the multi press & curl unit, reverse hyper, and adjustable bench with leg curl/extension attachment.

What I was thinking is:
- pec dec
- treadmill
- leg press / hack squat
- steep incline situp bench
- fitness tree (leg raise / pullup unit)

Given what I have and what I've listed, do you have any few suggestions that you'd list off the top of your head as being really nice to have and worth considering (so I can put it all into a list and figure out what really should be added in the end).

Long post... but thinking of the other couple forums I sometimes visit... I only want advice from you, since I don't exactly trust many other peoples' opinions as far as this goes.

This post was edited by Canadian_Man on Oct 31 2011 12:00am
Gold: 0.00
Oct 31 2011 04:37am
Not sure if you've ever tried this but

There's this website called Swole.me and basically you check what foods you want and macros/etc/etc and it forms a diet for you in 10 seconds.

Would using website be a viable option if I want to switch my diet around every other week or so
Gold: Locked
Oct 31 2011 04:55am
hi, im these last 2 weeks ive had a deadleg that makes me slightly limp, but happens only after a run it wont go away for at least an hour.
also had pins and needles whilst running.
Gold: 0.98
Oct 31 2011 06:19am
Hey raynor
Id just like your opinion on this item
http://monstersupplements.com/store/p/3154/1/Reflex-Whey-Refresh-500ml.html

I took it during my workout and i did feel refreshed.. Maybe the placebo effect but also it has 40grams of protein.. So just wonderd what u make of it?
Gold: 0.00
Oct 31 2011 09:11am
Hi Raynor,
L-Taurine, better to take pill or powder? Thanks :)
Oct 31 2011 09:11am
Quote (Canadian_Man @ Oct 31 2011 01:53am)
Hey Raynor,

I have a good idea of what I think I'd want to do, but your input on the "ideal setup" would be appreciated. This is theoretical right now.

The backdrop: My dad is looking into expanding our basement (it's 5 feet high and we may expand it to be 8 feet high). If it works out and we manage to get it done, he wants to move my equipment into a dedicated gym room which would be one of the three or four rooms we'd be adding into the basement.

The question: My dad is asking what other items we'd need for the gym to be complete. Basically he'd work out in there too. So he wants to know what few machines we'd need to add to complete it so he can approximate the cost of the whole project. I'm trying to gather up the best ideas, and then narrow it down to three-six different things (depending on size and cost) to give him a general ballpark number.

As far as machines or machine-like equipment goes (ignoring bars, storage, dumbbells, attachments, minor equipment, etc), I already have a power rack with pullup bars and high/low pulley, the multi press & curl unit, reverse hyper, and adjustable bench with leg curl/extension attachment.

What I was thinking is:
- pec dec
- treadmill
- leg press / hack squat
- steep incline situp bench
- fitness tree (leg raise / pullup unit)

Given what I have and what I've listed, do you have any few suggestions that you'd list off the top of your head as being really nice to have and worth considering (so I can put it all into a list and figure out what really should be added in the end).

Long post... but thinking of the other couple forums I sometimes visit... I only want advice from you, since I don't exactly trust many other peoples' opinions as far as this goes.

In addition to what you've listed here are some suggestions:

1. Dip station
2. Roman Chair
3. Lat Pulldown / Cable Row
4. Laying Leg Curl
5. Donkey and/or Standing Calf Raise Unit

That should cover it I believe.
Oct 31 2011 09:19am
Quote (xXCrAzYsHoT @ Oct 31 2011 06:37am)
Not sure if you've ever tried this but

There's this website called Swole.me and basically you check what foods you want and macros/etc/etc and it forms a diet for you in 10 seconds.

Would using website be a viable option if I want to switch my diet around every other week or so

Looks like a decent website, seems to be in order. Enjoy
Oct 31 2011 09:21am
Quote (lepInTheHood @ Oct 31 2011 06:55am)
hi, im these last 2 weeks ive had a deadleg that makes me slightly limp, but happens only after a run it wont go away for at least an hour.
also had pins and needles whilst running.

Sounds like you're badly out of alignment and/or there is a specific injury that is causing you some difficulties.

First step, stop running for 1 week and stretch yourself out every day. Also try to hang from a chinup bar and let your lower back drop.

Secondly, visit a chiropractor and get an adjustment after telling him what's going on. You may need to be fitted for new shoes for running (one leg longer than the other can cause this)

Thirdly, if the first two fail see a sports medicine doctor or orthopedist for a professional opinion.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1112111221123112411252039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll