d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Honestly
Closed New Topic
Gold: 1,551.68
Oct 24 2011 07:37pm
hi there…

where to start.. first let me apologize for the length of this message, but i assure you every single detail is necessary… I would NOT waste my time writing this if I felt it were a waste of yours … I am writing this with the utmost humility so… please try to understand where i am coming from

this is the second time i have spent the time to type this, the first message I had sent via the contact button at the bottom of the page but it was recently made aware to me that they simply do not acknowledge contact attempts from users with over 60% warn. and in sending the previous message, I didn't think to save a draft -_- but i digress

*i would not feel the need to post this in a thread if I had PM access or felt acknowledged with the Contact Button*

to start:

i have spent the last several months working to EARN a reduction in warn - from 70% to 60% which i DID EARN and came to receive a little over a week ago.

the details behind my most recent warn (from 60% -> 70%) - which was (in my humble opinion) issued out of misunderstanding - are as follows:

-Danny1024 and I made a friendly bet in the NFL section over the Cowboys and Patriots game
- the loser of the bet would have a "modified" picture made and the winner would post it in the nfl section
- we both agreed to the terms of the bet. we then made the bet "official" and standing by
- having won on sunday the bet I had a picture made days later and showed it to danny, where he approved of the picture
- I made a thread and posted the picture
- Danny, for some reason, PM'd moderators merely to have the thread closed
- I received a PM from the moderator i believe to be "DoomOnYou" - though can't be certain, because I have no PM access at this juncture
- Doom was made aware of the situation, and simply told me that it was against the rules to post modified pictures and told me not to post it again, to which i willingly obliged
*where it gets interesting, unfortunately for me*
- Danny, perhaps in his impatience to have the thread closed had PM'd two moderators, one of which was sgull who apparently was AFK for a period of time
-Sgull returning to his computer read danny's message and took it into his own hands to warn and suspend me for 24 hours (absolutely understandable from his perspective, though the point here is to prove there was more to the situation than was initially perceived)

(and to the moderator staff that looks and sees that I have been suspended twice since then, please look at the threads for which I was…

The first was i suspended for i assume 12 hours [as i only saw the tail end of the suspension] for "begging for fg" which was untrue, I asked for a favor from someone to make bets FOR me in the nfl section while I am at 70%, as I had done while I was previously at 70%.

And secondly, as i finish typing this I am finishing service on a 3 day suspension for which I have no idea as I am currently without PM access…

so PLEASE consider these transgressions as faux pas… not flagrant violations of the rules..

I am 110% positive that I have conducted myself in the manner which the staff here expects me to)

I am adamant in asking for the removal of this warn for several reasons:

Firstly I had permission to post what I did, which is, what, if I remember correctly, the rule was directed towards
Gold: 28,296.75
Oct 24 2011 07:38pm
Forwarded.

gl

This post was edited by Beowulf on Oct 24 2011 07:40pm
Oct 24 2011 07:39pm

Secondly and most very importantly I have spent the last 120+ days working surprisingly hard to have my warn reduced from 70 to 60. I had to totally reform up my behavior. I have not used any profanity, flamed ANYONE (this was far easier said than done - seeing some of the posts made by other users on this forum :P ), or broken ANY rule since before I can remember. And keep in mind I have made hundreds upon hundreds of QUALITY posts in this duration.

You can ask anyone from the nfl section. Ive posted there thousands of times and I can positively say that the majority of the users there (that don't dislike me or the dallas cowboys) will vouch that I have since been a contributing, upstanding member of that subsection.

Same with the health and fitness section. Ask the resident trusted user SKCRaynor what kind of person I am.

I might even have people post in this thread to give their opinion of me. I am THAT confident that in my reformation.

I am 110% that I have

I absolutely realize that having a lowered warn % is a privilege and a RESPONSIBILITY, which I take quite seriously now having been on the wrong side of several warns.

Let the length and sincere tone of this letter be an indication of my appreciation of the situation. I would not spend my time typing this if I felt it were vain effort.

PLEASE message the user Danny1024
messaging him is paramount in proving the innocence in these events
Danny will corroborate every detail as expressed in this letter

I realize this is a very huge wall of text for something so… trivial.. but.. to me, it's something more. I feel… disrespected? Not that I "deserve" respect, it's just that I have put a lot of work towards becoming a better citizen of this community. if it were any testament to my appreciation of this situation… I have even donated to JSP in exchange for forum gold… so let it be noted that I have an "investment" into my stay here

I'm not claiming to be the most pure of heart here. I've made mistakes.
Please realize I am a competent and remorseful being… I have completely learned from my mistakes which is 100% HOW i had my warn reduced from 70% to 60%

but the main reason I seek resolution is because of the friends I've made here… I realize how pathetic it all sounds but it's the truth… I have a pretty good time posting here.. I learn a lot, i get to teach a lot, and i laugh even more… I think a lot of you can identify with that, at least…

So in closing i ask you to PLEASE consider looking into this. I KNOW that with patience and understanding on my behalf that the proper result will unfold.

If nothing becomes of this request… so be it, I guess. Though I sincerely feel I am on the correct side of this - I tried and did everything I could think to do.

in any event, Thanks, seriously, for reading of all that,

and for the moderator(s) that look into this, thanks for the time and work,

-Honestly/Chris
Oct 24 2011 07:43pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Oct 24 2011 07:38pm)
Forwarded.

gl

thanks

and please excuse any and all grammatical errors, lol
Gold: 2,069.00
Oct 24 2011 07:46pm
Good speech!

Imo you really deserve a removal on that last warn of yours since you have done nothing wrong there.

Good Luck // Litttle_Brother :)

Retired Moderator
Gold: 97.56
Trader: Trusted
Oct 24 2011 07:57pm
Please post here on February 4, 2012 for more information. In the mean time please make sure you are following all site rules and policies.
Go Back To General Help Topic List
Closed New Topic