d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > General Help Archive > Iso Alot Of Help :o > Problems
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 7.77
Warn: 10%
Feb 1 2010 05:01pm
There's this shit "Your Pc protector" That poped up and I just got it to let me use the internet... -.-
It's fucking with all of my things...

Things I can't run:
Internet ( I just got it back, don't know if it can stay though O_O )
Can't scan it... -.-
Any security scans (norton antivirus)
SpyBot (thing to destroy spywere >:( )
Most things that clean computer/make it go quicker (like defragler and deleting programs)

Alot of bullshit imo...
Iso help!
Gold: 30,140.00
Feb 1 2010 05:03pm
How to get rid of keyloggers from your computer

Has a lot of useful information.

Try looking back to a program you may have downloaded. Try deleting it.

There are free online virus scanners like AVG

You can try and download malwarebytes as well.

This post was edited by Ingenuity on Feb 1 2010 05:04pm
Retired Moderator
Gold: 54,824.32
Trader: Trusted
Feb 1 2010 05:04pm
Feb 1 2010 05:06pm
Quote (Ingenuity @ Feb 1 2010 07:03pm)
How to get rid of keyloggers from your computer

Has a lot of useful information.

Try looking back to a program you may have downloaded. Try deleting it.

There are free online virus scanners like AVG

You can try and download malwarebytes as well.

Well I doubt that it's a keylogger...
What is AVG?
Can I get a malwerebyte link?
Feb 1 2010 05:08pm
WOW...
-.- can't even run paint...
BS

Well if you read the 1st post, Lynerau, you would see that nothing really works
Gold: 30,140.00
Feb 1 2010 05:12pm
Feb 1 2010 05:15pm
Quote (Ingenuity @ Feb 1 2010 07:12pm)

Downloaded it, same thing as spybot...
Says it dosen't work -.-
(CANT DOWNLOAD THINGS)
Gold: Locked
Warn: 20%
Feb 1 2010 05:43pm
Quote (mike1234545 @ Feb 1 2010 04:15pm)
Downloaded it, same thing as spybot...
Says it dosen't work -.-
(CANT DOWNLOAD THINGS)

You have some kind of grimy malware/adware that is preventing you from downloading. Download it on another computer, rename the file, save it to removable media, put the media in the messed up computer, install it, rename the exe, then execute it. Good luck!
Gold: 0.00
Feb 1 2010 05:45pm
you have a new computer? i had this issue when i bought my laptop with vista everything i wanted to do it asked me if it was ok i forget how to shut if off drove me nuts for like 3 months
Gold: Locked
Feb 1 2010 05:53pm
Free Antivirus programs:

1. Avast Home Edition Free Antivirus
http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html

I have to crown Avast as the overall best free antivirus for, among other reasons, having excellent virus and spyware detection rates according to antivirus test results from AV-Test.org.

Avast antivirus manages to provide a simple and functional user interface, while also being very customizable and feature complete. The active protection feature monitors seven different ways that a virus could enter your computer, including Web browsing, email, file sharing, and more.

Avast also features scanning on boot up if you choose to do so. That's something you don't want to do on every boot as it takes quite a while. However, if you suspect you have been exposed to a virus or spyware it is the best way to detect and remove active infections.

2. Avira Personal Free Antivirus
http://www.free-av.com/en/download/1/download_avira_antivir_personal__free_antivirus.html

Avira is another one of the best free antivirus products, but it is not as full featured as Avast. The free version of Avira doesn't claim to protect against spyware, but I believe there is some crossover between what is defined as a virus and as spyware. If you want to make sure you are covered for spyware you can use something like SuperAntiSpyware which also has a free version.

Avira has an attractive interface, but it needed more tweaking to get things to function the way I wanted than did Avast. According to AV-Test.org Avira rates slightly higher than Avast for virus detection. However, if the spyware tests were run on the free version of Avira the score would be very low since they reserve the antispyware feature for the paid version.

3. AVG Antivirus Free Edition
http://free.avg.com/download-avg-anti-virus-free-edition

AVG is the most popular and one of the best free antivirus software products. AVG has a very polished user interface and is easy and comfortable to use. AVG detects both viruses and spyware in the free edition. However, in the test mentioned above the detection rate is a little lower than Avast or Avira.

The main thing that puts AVG last in my choices for best free antivirus is the amount of functionality left out of the free version verses the the paid version of the software. You still get good basic protection, but Avast and Avari cover more of the infection pathways than does AVG.

All three of these best free antivirus choices can be easily installed and uninstalled. You can feel free to try all of them to choose your favorite.

If the problem won't allow you access to the internet try the following:

you could (on another machine) download & burn/save to CD "Stinger" from link below. I believe Stinger hits about 400 of the most currently common & nasty Viruses & Trojans.

It's BIG advantage is that it doesn't have to be installed nor need updates.
You simply place it in you CD/DVD drive and from desktop click to open My Computer then click to open & run the D: or E: or ? drive the CD is in. It runs as an application without install.

Personally, when downloading & saving Stinger, I re-name it at the "save as" screen to anything else to prevent malware from recognizing it (i.e.: "beehive.exe"). Hope this helps get you back to using other means for follow-up. Good Luck!!

http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/
Go Back To General Help Archive Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll