d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling > Weigh-in Before Entering The Ring, Right B4 Fight > What Would It Change?
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 14,550.00
Jan 31 2015 11:05am
Quote (Aube @ Jan 31 2015 12:55pm)
PPl change weightclasses all the time. You set a timeframe for the new weight-in to appear like by Jan 2017. It would increase the media coverage on the organization because UFC would be the first combat org. where weight-in are prior to the fight. Only positive would come from this.

Jon jones get caught for taking illegal drugs nothing happens. They are picky about who get a suspension and who doesn't. Steroids is a problem in all sports.

the steriods thing is a no brainer, so lets just stop that convo here.
as for jon jones, he went to rehab. do i think it was just a pr move? ofc it was. i also dont think he should face any serious time. idc what the people on this forum think, doing cocain in no way will help you beat up dc.

now back to the weight cutting debate. there needs to be some serious evidence that this will benefit the sport before they even attempt it. while 2 hours makes sense for bobybuilding, idk if that translates to mma. even after a fighter cuts 20lbs the day before, we at least know they have replenished their bodies for 24 hours. making the weigh ins 2 hours or 5 mins before will (imo) seriously up the percentage of injuries between torn muscles and other dehydrated related injuries. idk if it helps "balance" the competition in any way either.

Quote (Aube @ Jan 31 2015 01:05pm)
Didn't they bad someone who posted a vid on the internet with coke in it. They pick who get a suspension and who doesn't.

Just ban the damn substance ffs. They are supposed to be athletes...kids watch these sports and and have these athletes as rolemodels.

Rodney 8 years old: ''My rolemodel is Jon Eyepoke Jones because he snort coke and fight midgets''

we had mike tyson and lawrence taylor. slightly worse rolemodels imo.

This post was edited by lucrative on Jan 31 2015 11:07am
Banned
Gold: 2.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 31 2015 11:09am
Quote (Starcrater @ Jan 31 2015 10:01am)
Because it wasn't a banned substance outside of competition.. legally they couldn't punish him for it lol

yes they could

they cut fighters for saying very slightly offensive things, they should have surely cut jones for doing coke before a fight
Gold: 0.25
Jan 31 2015 11:12am
Quote (Aube @ Jan 31 2015 12:05pm)
Didn't they bad someone who posted a vid on the internet with coke in it. They pick who get a suspension and who doesn't.

Just ban the damn substance ffs. They are supposed to be athletes...kids watch these sports and and have these athletes as rolemodels.

Rodney 8 years old: ''My rolemodel is Jon Eyepoke Jones because he snort coke and fight midgets''

And little Sara 8 years old "my role model is slut bag Katie perry who talks about drugs and sucking cock in her songs"

Most famous people are poor role models
Jan 31 2015 11:17am
Quote (JiuJitsu @ Jan 31 2015 01:09pm)
yes they could

they cut fighters for saying very slightly offensive things, they should have surely cut jones for doing coke before a fight

jones didnt hurt the ufc brand by doing coke, only himself. a ufc fighter making a rape joke hurts the ufc brand. i understand the backwards logic, since cocain can kill and words are simply words, however from a business point of view you have to protect your company's ass.
there have been numerous people crucified over the past years due to misinterpreted tweets. in our society you have to be aware of that if you are a public figure. believe me, i fucking hate it, but it's a reality.
Gold: 381.01
Jan 31 2015 11:18am
Quote (lucrative @ Jan 31 2015 08:05pm)
as for jon jones, he went to rehab. do i think it was just a pr move? ofc it was. i also dont think he should face any serious time. idc what the people on this forum think, doing cocain in no way will help you beat up dc.
Good way to lose high amounts of weight as cocaine create a metabolic alteration. I'm not saying coke beat DC because JBJ is a skilled fighters but it might have helped him to lose 20-30 lbs without supressing is appetite and killed his energy levels.

Quote (lucrative @ Jan 31 2015 08:05pm)
now back to the weight cutting debate. there needs to be some serious evidence that this will benefit the sport before they even attempt it. while 2 hours makes sense for bobybuilding, idk if that translates to mma. even after a fighter cuts 20lbs the day before, we at least know they have replenished their bodies for 24 hours. making the weigh ins 2 hours or 5 mins before will (imo) seriously up the percentage of injuries between torn muscles and other dehydrated related injuries. idk if it helps "balance" the competition in any way either.

In boybuilding weights is pretty useless to know at a certain point because it's a look contest. In powerlifting it's important just as much as mma. Let's be real you don't get enough time to hydrate yourself from a 30 lbs weight cut in 24 hours risk are much higher. In 83 kg/183 lbs weightclass in powerlifting lifters walks around 185-190 and have no trouble weighting-in at 183 without getting hit by dehydration. You just have to watch what you eat and avoid certain food that forces water retention and it's an easy cut. Why would it be different for fighters?

Quote (JiuJitsu @ Jan 31 2015 08:09pm)
yes they could

Totally.

This post was edited by Aube on Jan 31 2015 11:21am
Banned
Jan 31 2015 11:26am
Quote (lucrative @ Jan 31 2015 10:17am)
jones didnt hurt the ufc brand by doing coke, only himself. a ufc fighter making a rape joke hurts the ufc brand. i understand the backwards logic, since cocain can kill and words are simply words, however from a business point of view you have to protect your company's ass.
there have been numerous people crucified over the past years due to misinterpreted tweets. in our society you have to be aware of that if you are a public figure. believe me, i fucking hate it, but it's a reality.

a rape joke doesnt hurt the ufc anymore than ACTUALLY doing coke

a rape joke certainly isn't as bad as a COCAINE joke

but it's not even a half of a % as bad as doing coke, it's a joke...

rogan tells rape jokes all the time ffs
Jan 31 2015 11:35am
Quote (Aube @ Jan 31 2015 01:18pm)
Good way to lose high amounts of weight is to lose weight as cocaine create a metabolic alteration. I'm not saying coke beat DC because JBJ is a skilled fighters but it might have helped him to lose 20-30 lbs without supressing is appetite and killed his energy levels.

In boybuilding weights is pretty useless to know at a certain point because it's a look contest. In powerlifting it's important just as much as mma. Let's be real you don't get enough time to hydrate yourself from a 30 lbs weight cut in 24 hours risk are much higher. In 83 kg/183 lbs weightclass in powerlifting lifters walks around 185-190 and have no trouble weighting-in at 183 without getting hit by dehydration. You just have to watch what you eat and avoid certain food that forces water retention and it's an easy cut. Why would it be different for fighters?

Totally.

he would be a full blown addict if it helped him lose 20-30 lbs. and he got caught a month before the fight, im sure he lost most of his weight during that month. idk how much cocain you've done, but this whole myth that it wouldnt sap your energy is perplexing to me. find any coke addict who isnt high, they will be dead. will you have more energy during the 5 mins your high? sure. but it fades away very fast.

also this has turned into a weird powerlifting to mma comparison. they are 2 very very different sports. and lets be serious, 2 very different body types are required for the 2 sports. a powerlifter simply has to be strong for very short spurts. an mma fighter has to go to war for up to 25 mins, where energy levels and the ability to think clearly are much more important. i dont think making someone cut weight then fight 2 hours later will benefit anything. it will most likely lead to more injuries and less energy during the fights.
Gold: 381.01
Jan 31 2015 11:40am
Quote (lucrative @ Jan 31 2015 08:35pm)
he would be a full blown addict if it helped him lose 20-30 lbs. and he got caught a month before the fight, im sure he lost most of his weight during that month. idk how much cocain you've done, but this whole myth that it wouldnt sap your energy is perplexing to me. find any coke addict who isnt high, they will be dead. will you have more energy during the 5 mins your high? sure. but it fades away very fast.

also this has turned into a weird powerlifting to mma comparison. they are 2 very very different sports. and lets be serious, 2 very different body types are required for the 2 sports. a powerlifter simply has to be strong for very short spurts. an mma fighter has to go to war for up to 25 mins, where energy levels and the ability to think clearly are much more important. i dont think making someone cut weight then fight 2 hours later will benefit anything. it will most likely lead to more injuries and less energy during the fights.

The 2 sports may be different but the cutting process is the same.

I think you don't realize that the point is to not cut weight...not cut the same amount in a shorter period of time.

This post was edited by Aube on Jan 31 2015 11:40am
Jan 31 2015 11:40am
Quote (JiuJitsu @ Jan 31 2015 01:26pm)
a rape joke doesnt hurt the ufc anymore than ACTUALLY doing coke

a rape joke certainly isn't as bad as a COCAINE joke

but it's not even a half of a % as bad as doing coke, it's a joke...

rogan tells rape jokes all the time ffs

rogan is a comedian. comedians are the #1 victim of being taken out of context. he would 100% agree with me, im sure im even using some of his words.
ask anthony cumia how easily a public figure can lose his job due to a misinterpreted tweet.
a rape joke doesnt hurt you. to say it doesnt hurt anybody would be an ignorant thing to say. now i personally dont give a fuck, but if i owned lets say the ufc and i knew the backlash i would get from a fighter tweeting that, you're damn right i'd protect my company and cut him.
Banned
Jan 31 2015 11:42am
Quote (lucrative @ Jan 31 2015 10:40am)
rogan is a comedian. comedians are the #1 victim of being taken out of context. he would 100% agree with me, im sure im even using some of his words.
ask anthony cumia how easily a public figure can lose his job due to a misinterpreted tweet.
a rape joke doesnt hurt you. to say it doesnt hurt anybody would be an ignorant thing to say. now i personally dont give a fuck, but if i owned lets say the ufc and i knew the backlash i would get from a fighter tweeting that, you're damn right i'd protect my company and cut him.

then you're retarded

losing a top 10 fighter because of a comment

words that do no harm to anyone in any way shape or form

being kicked out for words, but NOT cocaine, is FUCKING RETARDED
Go Back To Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll