d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Guild Wars 1 & 2 >
Poll > Gw2 Singles Pvp Ladder > D2jsp Dedicated Gw2 Server
1238Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 212.00
Oct 4 2013 11:06am
I just sat for about 3 hours trying to devise thread rules for 1v1 d2jsp GW2 wager dueling
There are a few problems that make this extremely difficult

(A) We'll need our own d2jsp server on GW2 to ensure a 1v1 environment
(B) Not many people are going to show up for wagering dueling = waste of blue gems
(C) I'll guarantee that fg wagering will be eventually be reported if there is a server dedicated to it (not sure if anything can be done or not) but I'd like to avoid it
(D) GW2 is a game that allows UBER life repping if you run away long enough ~ This is going to make enforcing rules in fg wagering a bit difficult without mediators to help, especially in situations like (Bunker Vs. Bunker) or (Thief Invisible Vs. Thief Invisible)
Screen shots won't be enough evidence as they were in Diablo 2 for many reasons that I discovered after seriously digging in to a ruleset. Only something like fraps would really prove what happened in a GW2 spvp server
and even then, the game is sort of based around being defensive and not dying, which can lead to stalemates often and no way of really deciding who has to pay up their fg

I am however, entertaining the idea of opening a d2jsp singles pvp ladder thread and paying the gems to open a GW2 spvp server for it's use

(A) Way more users will join a pvp ladder than they will make fg wagers ~ no one has to lose their fg in a pvp ladder ~ it's just for the e-pride
(B) Nothing is reportable here
(C) Ruling/Recording History/Proving Victories, will all be much easier in a very structured pvp ladder
(D) It helps bring community together, which this forum needs in it's GW2 section

I like the idea
I'll brew over it for the next few hours here and decide whether or not I want to pay for 30 days of a custom arena to start it up

~ I'd like to hear what others think of this idea
Gold: 0.00
Oct 4 2013 11:16am
no, just no.
Gold: 212.00
Oct 4 2013 11:32am
Quote (nofire @ Oct 4 2013 12:16pm)
no, just no.

I already know that you, kurrow, lettu, airjohnny, overdoses and probably motoko
Are going to spew the same troll puke all over this thread, that you do on every thread, that isn't written by kurrow, lettu, airjohnny, overdoses or motoko
Frankly the elitism gets old and I can't take any of seriously because each statement made is as ignorant and shallow as:

Quote (nofire @ Oct 4 2013 12:16pm)
no, just no.

Without a shred of logic behind it

But it's ok because this thread isn't focused on troll puke
It's focused on what active users have to say about this idea

ty for the bump though

This post was edited by TSBoyer on Oct 4 2013 11:32am
Gold: 2,685.00
Oct 4 2013 11:41am
Quote (TSBoyer @ Oct 4 2013 01:32pm)
I already know that you, kurrow, lettu, airjohnny, overdoses and probably motoko
Are going to spew the same troll puke all over this thread, that you do on every thread, that isn't written by kurrow, lettu, airjohnny, overdoses or motoko
Frankly the elitism gets old and I can't take any of seriously because each statement made is as ignorant and shallow as:

Without a shred of logic behind it

But it's ok because this thread isn't focused on troll puke
It's focused on what active users have to say about this idea

ty for the bump though

PvP in this game blows. Enjoy your wasted gems.
Gold: 150.00
Oct 4 2013 11:42am
No, and why would we want to? There are only around 20 or so people that post, let alone come here. And on top of that... There are NA/EU restrictions. So that right there... Cuts the player pool even more. Not to mention the PvP in GW2 is pure ass.

This post was edited by Overdoses on Oct 4 2013 11:44am
Gold: 63.00
Oct 4 2013 12:16pm
this is a great idea, you should spend all the gold you have to fund this
Gold: 6,485.00
Oct 4 2013 12:48pm
I don't play this game but I have enough knowledge to know that the PvP still sucks dick.

Just because you don't like the input of the people on your list doesn't mean it is incorrect input and only serves to get you trolled more.

I don't troll with the "elitism" attitude till someone acts like a dumb bitch. "Talk shit, get hit."

On a constructive feedback (even though the PvP sucks):

You would be better off funding the ladder personally on D2JSP. There should be no consequence for matches except a win/loss. The person with the most wins based on whatever formula - you would award them a prize.

But good luck getting people on this forum to do that. It will only create hate/anger/resentment. Not to mention the type who do enjoy GW2 PvP... I can't imagine them having a superfluous amount of intelligence to begin with.

Remember that angry little Euro that I wrecked and then he made a huge deal about it after he lost the bet? Yeah I can only imagine a full forum of that shit, and that was only 1 duel.
Gold: 277.00
Oct 4 2013 12:53pm
No!

However, since you like to waste gems, go farm glory in your custom map for skins that you should already have access to (for wasting hours on end in the PvE content)...or...gift me 25 black lion chest keys.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 4 2013 02:04pm
YES NUBS I OWN ALL OF U!
Gold: 6,485.00
Oct 4 2013 02:18pm
Quote (titolonz @ Oct 4 2013 03:04pm)
YES NUBS I OWN ALL OF U!

You just won a medal in the special olympics.

Congratulations, you're still retarded.
Go Back To Guild Wars 1 & 2 Topic List
1238Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll