d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > My 2013 Mock Draft 8.0 > Full Pick Analysis!
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 43.43
Jan 4 2013 07:55am
Quote (draino @ Jan 4 2013 02:00am)
Dont think we'll go after a receiver in the first with the way our defense played the last month or two.

Andre Johnson came close to recruiting Reggie Wayne last off-season. Wayne's heart was simply glued to Indianapolis. That won't be the case with Dwayne Bowe this off-season. And no way we'll draft any wide receiver in all seven rounds. We've got tons of young talent at the position already with DeVier Posey, Keshawn Martin and Lestar Jean.

If anything, we'll cut ties with Kevin Walter and upgrade at the number two through free agency. We need to draft a young quarterback at some point though. And most of the picks will be spent on defense. We've got no depth at inside linebacker or safety. I could see us drafting a right guard or right tackle in the early rounds as well. I wouldn't say the right side of our offensive line is set in stone. It was inconsistent all year long. I don't think Derek Newton is a long-term answer at right tackle and Ben Jones, while decent, is a backup center and not a stater at right guard. His run-blocking is good enough where he can be a versatile swing lineman off the bench.
Gold: 14,000.00
Jan 4 2013 04:56pm
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Jan 4 2013 05:43am)
13. Tampa Bay (7-9) – Dion Jordan, DE/OLB, Oregon
Tampa really needs a corner but Milliner and Banks are gone and reaching here for Rhodes or Amerson is ridiculous. They may trade out of this spot. But, if they make the pick, they’ll fill out their final linebacker spot with an extreme talent. Jordan may be best suited in a 3-4 system as an OLB but he is still very raw and very talented so he can mold into Tampa Bay’s system much like Von Miller does in Denver.

Inclined to say this is a shit move if we do this. IMO, we should be trading our 1st round + spare 4th to go UP for an elite CB. We do not need DE, we have 3.

There isn't any Elite CBs in this Draft. I don't believe any are even worth the top 10.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 4 2013 06:05pm
looks good to me. we need a true OG. Konz has held up but has been Whooped against elite talents that have good strength he will improve this offseason but he needs to move to center.. after that our next number one is De AB will be turning 35..... but the problem is that we have drafted tons of De over the years....
Gold: 0.27
Jan 4 2013 08:30pm
Quote (fuzzy159 @ Jan 3 2013 11:53pm)
I like the Steelers picks but the offense needs sum work.

I don't see them going defense only rounds 1-3.  A Tackle or WR is a must.

The defense is old but they are just a couple of pieces away on offense from another Super Bowl run.  A new offensive coordinator might help too.

Round 3:
17. Pittsburgh (8-8) - Brennan Williams, OT, North Carolina
Pittsburgh’s offensive line is pretty broken up to say the least. This gives them a quality tackle with good value at the pick.

lol

In the second there's a few receivers available they could grab and Aboushi is there as well, could be any of those picks but Elam is the top safety in this draft imo so the value was too good and too helpful to pass on imo.

Quote (VickIsSick07 @ Jan 4 2013 12:07am)
Why would the Falcons trade up one spot in every round?

Oh this guy.

Quote (Skamakaze @ Jan 4 2013 12:22am)
I hope we take Milliner regardless. I'd rather have him over Manti. I'm fine with Tulloch, Durant, and Levy. Just need a playmaker CB and S (one that doesn't get hurt a lot).

Is Fluker the lineman that played all over and would even play C? Also, I'm fine with Mosley in the 3rd and letting him earn a starting spot. I don't want to see us use a first round pick on an OLB though.

Idk if Fluker ever played C.

Quote (draino @ Jan 4 2013 01:00am)
Dont think we'll go after a receiver in the first with the way our defense played the last month or two.

Definitely a possibility, looked into a few options but I wasn't sure who I liked on D and what position needed to be addressed mostly or was due to any injuries.

Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Jan 4 2013 06:43am)
13. Tampa Bay (7-9) – Dion Jordan, DE/OLB, Oregon
Tampa really needs a corner but Milliner and Banks are gone and reaching here for Rhodes or Amerson is ridiculous. They may trade out of this spot. But, if they make the pick, they’ll fill out their final linebacker spot with an extreme talent. Jordan may be best suited in a 3-4 system as an OLB but he is still very raw and very talented so he can mold into Tampa Bay’s system much like Von Miller does in Denver.

Inclined to say this is a shit move if we do this. IMO, we should be trading our 1st round + spare 4th to go UP for an elite CB. We do not need DE, we have 3.

Jordan is better than what you have. And yes, it may be a good idea on paper to trade up but first you have to find someone willing to move those spots for just an extra 4th, second there has to be a player worth that and there isn't and third, you have to find someone willing to move haha. Most of the time it's tough to make that slight jump, especially when all you're willing to give is a 4th.

Quote (Hako @ Jan 4 2013 03:56pm)
There isn't any Elite CBs in this Draft. I don't believe any are even worth the top 10.

Agreed. Poyer, Trufant and McFadden are my favorite of the class though.

Quote (hammerdanjbg @ Jan 4 2013 05:05pm)
looks good to me. we need a true OG. Konz has held up but has been Whooped against elite talents that have good strength he will improve this offseason  but he needs to move to center.. after that our next number one is De AB will be turning 35..... but the problem is that we have drafted tons of De over the years....

It was going to be DE in the first but I liked Cooper as a compliment to Konz on the inside of the line too much to pass on. Then Randle falling was too good to pass on too so there was that and finally was able to address the DE spot in the third which still landed you a solid talent in Jenkins.
Jan 4 2013 08:44pm
This is going to be way off lol
Jan 4 2013 08:45pm
Quote (haynes @ Jan 4 2013 07:44pm)
This is going to be way off lol

Of course it is, the draft order isn't even set yet, we haven't even started the combine and work outs, won't even be able to get remotely close until then.
Jan 4 2013 08:46pm
Quote (Randolph @ Jan 4 2013 09:45pm)
Of course it is, the draft order isn't even set yet, we haven't even started the combine and work outs, won't even be able to get remotely close until then.

If a qb is going first then its going to be geno
Jan 4 2013 08:47pm
Quote (haynes @ Jan 4 2013 07:46pm)
If a qb is going first then its going to be geno

Why? He's not good. Unless he has a good combine or Reid falls in love with him for whatever reason, he shouldn't go first.
Jan 4 2013 08:49pm
Quote (Randolph @ Jan 4 2013 09:47pm)
Why?  He's not good.  Unless he has a good combine or Reid falls in love with him for whatever reason, he shouldn't go first.

He may not be good, but imo hes the best qb this draft

I was high on tyler bray but he hasnt been impressing me enough

Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll