d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > 2014 Nfl Team Needs
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 9 2014 10:47pm
Quote (you)
17. Baltimore (8-8) – WR, OT, C, SS, DE, OT, TE, CB, P, OLB, QB

Quote (me)
17. Baltimore (8-8) – *LT, RT, C, WR, FS, ILB, TE, CB, DE, OLB, OL, P, QB

*First, there has got to be a good chance Ozzie re-signs LT Monroe. They worked out a deal /w Flacco last year just before FA, and they gave too many pick to Jax for a 1 year rental, so I think he'll be back. Plus Ozzie was talking during a press conference about how re-signing Monroe won't hurt his compensatory picks (which is an aspect of the game I never thought was really that important until now, but it clearly means a lot to our front office's FA strategy). Obviously if they don't re-sign Monroe, LT is suddenly our #1 priority.

RT could also be replaced with OG, since there is a chance they move Osemele over to RT. Osemele played some RT his rookie year, and he has some very long arms to play the position. Oher sucks, I hope he doesn't come back.

C is probably our biggest need, but it's one that can be addressed in FA. Unless we get Travis Swanson or that kid from Colorado St, I don't want to draft a C. The front office said they "want to get bigger on the inside" of the O-line, so they're definitely getting a new C I hope.

WR is obvious, our front office made it publicly clear that they're looking for a WR. I think we've got a decent #3 in Marlon Brown. Aaron Mellette, if you remember him from last year's draft, actually looked good in preseason last year. There is also a very good possibility they more Pitta into more of a pure receiving role (he was a WR at BYU) and draft a TE. Pitta was going to replace Boldin last year, but that never was able to happen.

FS is what we really need, not a SS. Elam is a SS, he was just forced to play FS last year while James Ihedigbo stepped in to be an awesome SS. Michael Huff was supposed to be our FS for a bit, but he sucked balls, and here we are. We need a Reed-like centerfielder in our backfield.

ILB may not be obvious, but Daryl Smith is a UFA, and ILB Jameel McClain will probably be cut because he's due $4 mil against the cap to be just a run-stuffer. In fact, all we have behind Arthur Brown right now are run-stuffers. We really need an ILB, and although the Ravens have been satisfied with 1 good ILB and 1 run-stuffer for the past 6 years, they could do so much better /w a legit ILB like Mosley to go alongside Arthur Brown.

TE is important. Pitta is a UFA, he will probably be franchised, and he may or may not be moved into Boldin's receiving role. TE is a crucial position in Kubiak's system too, so they may want an elite prospect like Ebron. Pitta and Flacco are best bros irl, so Pitta will probably be back.

We need a legit nickleback. Webb actually plays best in the slot, so someone who can play on the outside may be preferable. I'd love to get a big CB like Jean-Baptiste or the 6'3" Keith McGill from Utah n the 3rd round, but any good value pick will do. Corey Graham wasn't very good last year, I hope he doesn't return.

DE I'm not too worried about. They planned for the loss of Arthur Jones by drafting DT Brandon Williams in the 3rd round last year, and he played nicely in limited snaps. They cut Marcus Spears because of Williams stepping up to the plate. With Williams there, they can move Ngata to DE, and they've already got Canty as the other DE. They also drafted Kapron Lewis-Moore from ND last year, and he's had a full year to recover from his ACL, so who knows how he'll fit in.

OLB is meh, Upshaw could be upgraded, but we'll probably have Suggs and Dumervil, as well as a Paul Kruger-like pass rusher in John Simon. Pernell Mcphee switches between OLB and DE.

QB: If Mettenbrger is somehow there in the 5th, I think he'd be a good backup to Flacco, since their style of play is nearly identical. Tyrod will be a FA in 2015, and Mettenberger can be placed on IR /w his ACL.

P: Sam Koch may be cut, but he might not. He may get a contract extension.

sorry for the tl;dr, but this was for organizing my own priorities too.
Gold: 90.00
Feb 9 2014 10:49pm
Quote (Terps @ Feb 9 2014 11:47pm)
*First, there has got to be a good chance Ozzie re-signs LT Monroe. They worked out a deal /w Flacco last year just before FA, and they gave too many pick to Jax for a 1 year rental, so I think he'll be back. Plus Ozzie was talking during a press conference about how re-signing Monroe won't hurt his compensatory picks (which is an aspect of the game I never thought was really that important until now, but it clearly means a lot to our front office's FA strategy). Obviously if they don't re-sign Monroe, LT is suddenly our #1 priority.

RT could also be replaced with OG, since there is a chance they move Osemele over to RT. Osemele played some RT his rookie year, and he has some very long arms to play the position. Oher sucks, I hope he doesn't come back.

C is probably our biggest need, but it's one that can be addressed in FA. Unless we get Travis Swanson or that kid from Colorado St, I don't want to draft a C. The front office said they "want to get bigger on the inside" of the O-line, so they're definitely getting a new C I hope.

WR is obvious, our front office made it publicly clear that they're looking for a WR. I think we've got a decent #3 in Marlon Brown. Aaron Mellette, if you remember him from last year's draft, actually looked good in preseason last year. There is also a very good possibility they more Pitta into more of a pure receiving role (he was a WR at BYU) and draft a TE. Pitta was going to replace Boldin last year, but that never was able to happen.

FS is what we really need, not a SS. Elam is a SS, he was just forced to play FS last year while James Ihedigbo stepped in to be an awesome SS. Michael Huff was supposed to be our FS for a bit, but he sucked balls, and here we are. We need a Reed-like centerfielder in our backfield.

ILB may not be obvious, but Daryl Smith is a UFA, and ILB Jameel McClain will probably be cut because he's due $4 mil against the cap to be just a run-stuffer. In fact, all we have behind Arthur Brown right now are run-stuffers. We really need an ILB, and although the Ravens have been satisfied with 1 good ILB and 1 run-stuffer for the past 6 years, they could do so much better /w a legit ILB like Mosley to go alongside Arthur Brown.

TE is important. Pitta is a UFA, he will probably be franchised, and he may or may not be moved into Boldin's receiving role. TE is a crucial position in Kubiak's system too, so they may want an elite prospect like Ebron. Pitta and Flacco are best bros irl, so Pitta will probably be back.

We need a legit nickleback. Webb actually plays best in the slot, so someone who can play on the outside may be preferable. I'd love to get a big CB like Jean-Baptiste or the 6'3" Keith McGill from Utah n the 3rd round, but any good value pick will do. Corey Graham wasn't very good last year, I hope he doesn't return.

DE I'm not too worried about. They planned for the loss of Arthur Jones by drafting DT Brandon Williams in the 3rd round last year, and he played nicely in limited snaps. They cut Marcus Spears because of Williams stepping up to the plate. With Williams there, they can move Ngata to DE, and they've already got Canty as the other DE. They also drafted Kapron Lewis-Moore from ND last year, and he's had a full year to recover from his ACL, so who knows how he'll fit in.

OLB is meh, Upshaw could be upgraded, but we'll probably have Suggs and Dumervil, as well as a Paul Kruger-like pass rusher in John Simon. Pernell Mcphee switches between OLB and DE.

QB: If Mettenbrger is somehow there in the 5th, I think he'd be a good backup to Flacco, since their style of play is nearly identical. Tyrod will be a FA in 2015, and Mettenberger can be placed on IR /w his ACL.

P: Sam Koch may be cut, but he might not. He may get a contract extension.

sorry for the tl;dr, but this was for organizing my own priorities too.

tl;dr they all suck except the kicker.
Feb 9 2014 10:55pm
Quote (draino @ Feb 9 2014 11:49pm)
tl;dr they all suck except the kicker.

What about Chykie Brown?
Feb 9 2014 10:56pm
Quote (Terps @ Feb 9 2014 11:55pm)
What about Chykie Brown?

he wasn't even that good.
Feb 9 2014 10:58pm
Quote (draino @ Feb 9 2014 11:56pm)

He would be the best CB on the Texans
Feb 9 2014 10:58pm
Quote (Terps @ Feb 9 2014 11:58pm)
He would be the best CB on the Texans

he wouldn't beat out brice mccain or brandon harris and theyre both shitty.
Gold: 670.00
Feb 9 2014 11:00pm
Quote (draino @ Feb 9 2014 11:56pm)

Yet he's somehow the best CB from that group that came out of Texas that year.
Feb 9 2014 11:02pm
Quote (draino @ Feb 9 2014 11:58pm)
he wouldn't beat out brice mccain or brandon harris and theyre both shitty.

He wouldn't even need to beat them out; he would enter your locker room with an aura of superiority granted to him by his Championship ring, winning the #1 CB spot on the roster instantly.
Gold: 95.40
Warn: 30%
Feb 9 2014 11:03pm
as a titans faqn i feel we need and o-line and qb

mostly
Gold: 395.22
Feb 9 2014 11:47pm
Quote (TheE1337 @ Feb 9 2014 11:46pm)
Just let Pryor throw himself the ball a la Nelson Muntz.

lol im still not 100% sold on him but im curious to see what he can do with some good pocket time and a weapon to throw to
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll