d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > The Black Google+ Toolbar > Info
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,485.00
Jun 30 2011 06:37pm
The Black Google+ Toolbar...is NOT an infection...it is an experiment by Google...for a newer type of inter-connectivity. You can't remove it completely in any browser..it is embedded in Googles home page code.

I personally don't like it or want it..so I have posted in the Mozilla forums, requesting an Addon that will allow Firefox users to be able to easily edit OUT such experiments in the future.

Removal of the toolbar or returning it to the old version...is possible..in an awkward sort of way. If you also don't like it...tell GOOGLE...that you don't...if enough ppl tell Google "leave well enough alone" they will get the message.

This is only for information purposes to let ppl know...that they haven't installed a dangerous toolbar by accident.

Jun 30 2011 06:48pm
FYI

Google+ Demand High, Invites Shut Down Temporarily
Posted 06/30/2011 at 3:00pm | by Ryan Whitwam of www.maximumpc.com

gplusGooglers are probably heartily patting each other on the backs up in Mountain View today. After a successful beta launch of Google+, demand for invites to the social networking service has been high. So high in fact, that the invite program had to be cut off late last night.

After a few hours of users sending out unlimited invites, Google needed to give their servers some time to catch up. Google’s social chief Vic Gundotra said as much in a Google+post. “We’ve shut down invite mechanism for the night. Insane demand,” he wrote. We don’t konw when invites will be back up. There are some loopholes to get invites out, but it's not terribly convenient.

Google+ is packed with features at launch, so some users might be a little confused. Although, many are praising Google’s Circles feature that lets you sort contacts and curate the information you let them see. Users of Android phones are also getting some special features like group messaging and auto uploads of images and videos.

Considering the unmitigated disaster that was Google Buzz, this is going well for the Big G. Invites have even been on sale on eeeeebay. Have you used Google+? How is it?

Seems to be Googles new attempt at even more social networking...or as i like to think of it...more privacy invasion.

You be the judge...all I can safely say, besides the fact that i don't need or want it....is that it is a SAFE addition to the Google homepage. How you use the new Google+ toolbar....probably will lead to issues down the road...but the toolbar itself is not a danger.

More info here: http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/06/29/why-is-the-google-bar-black/

This post was edited by ghot on Jun 30 2011 06:53pm
Gold: 519.00
Warn: 50%
Jun 30 2011 06:58pm
lmao , i tought google had badass internet and a shitload of servers

now stop pinging google noobs! rofl

This post was edited by charlyak on Jun 30 2011 06:58pm
Jul 1 2011 02:54am

apparently a lot of ppl like it...I just hope it doesn't come back to haunt them.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 50%
Jul 1 2011 03:10am
I dont even use google, what are you talking about?
I search right from the address bar, so it doesnt bother me at all.
Jul 1 2011 03:46am
same
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll