d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Love Line > Help Thread
Prev13456711Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,234.00
Jan 2 2012 11:48am
If you made out with a girl at a party

Is it normal to kiss her if you meet up on a date with her?

How long do you wait before you text her?
Gold: 0.00
Jan 2 2012 02:36pm
Quote (Azure_Shadow @ Jan 2 2012 10:55am)
Okay so... Today marks the 2nd month since my ex broke up with me... The pain is... Still as unbearable... This was my first gf I ever had..

I'm wondering, when does the pain usually go away..? Also, would it help if I started to like a new girl?

it takes time. this could affect you for a couple of months to a year.

but the objective is to move on.

as time goes by and you have more and more fun, meet new people, accomplish new things in life...this person will be a distant memory, and it is like becoming strangers again.

thats just how it is, and it is what it is...gotta move forward. youll find someone awesome when you least expect it, keep your chin up bro

Quote (Lot2 @ Jan 2 2012 01:48pm)
If you made out with a girl at a party

Is it normal to kiss her if you meet up on a date with her?

How long do you wait before you text her?

dont go in and kiss her like its protocol. at least start out with some flirting, get each other warmed up before you go into a kiss

text her whenever, doesnt matter. just dont appear needy and over-message her

This post was edited by Darkblue on Jan 2 2012 02:37pm
Gold: 200.00
Jan 2 2012 08:18pm
On new years eve I had alot to drink and was watching a band play. This is all very hazy but im pretty sure this is what happened. Needing to go to the toilet i made my way through the crowd of people and accidentally stumbled into some guy. I apologised but it wasn't good enough for him and he was obviously looking for an excuse to fight. A few words were exchanged with me still trying to avoid a fight because the state i was in and the fact it was new years and im out to have a good time. Then bam he starts swinging at me so I grab his arms to stop him from swinging and keep trying to say im too drunk i don't want to fight. holding his arms was stopping him from being able to hit me but then whack cheap shot from some prick from the side, had no idea it was coming with my tunnel vision cranking. Anyway all of a sudden i was getting the shit beaten out of me from all directions by 3-4 gutless wankers. Some random people finally broke it up and helped me out and I ended up with 2 black extremely swollen eyes,
Gold: 200.00
Jan 2 2012 08:26pm
Posting on PS3 couldn't finish in 1 post.
Anyway broken nose sore jaw, skull and split eyebrows
So I know who one of the attackers is and i dunno wether I should go flog him or what. I know I could easily take this guy 1v1 sober, probably all his gutless friends aswell. Pressing assault charges seems a bit doggish. Doing nothing would really suck what do i do?

TL;DR
Got shit beaten out of me when drunk by 3-4 people know who one of them are what do i do about it.
Jan 2 2012 10:47pm
Quote (teh_bishop @ Jan 2 2012 10:18pm)
On new years eve I had alot to drink and was watching a band play. This is all very hazy but im pretty sure this is what happened. Needing to go to the toilet i made my way through the crowd of people and accidentally stumbled into some guy. I apologised but it wasn't good enough for him and he was obviously looking for an excuse to fight. A few words were exchanged with me still trying to avoid a fight because the state i was in and the fact it was new years and im out to have a good time. Then bam he starts swinging at me so I grab his arms to stop him from swinging and keep trying to say im too drunk i don't want to fight. holding his arms was stopping him from being able to hit me but then whack cheap shot from some prick from the side, had no idea it was coming with my tunnel vision cranking. Anyway all of a sudden i was getting the shit beaten out of me from all directions by 3-4 gutless wankers. Some random people finally broke it up and helped me out and I ended up with 2 black extremely swollen eyes,

Quote (teh_bishop @ Jan 2 2012 10:26pm)
Posting on PS3 couldn't finish in 1 post.
Anyway broken nose sore jaw, skull and split eyebrows
So I know who one of the attackers is and i dunno wether I should go flog him or what. I know I could easily take this guy 1v1 sober, probably all his gutless friends aswell. Pressing assault charges seems a bit doggish. Doing nothing would really suck what do i do?

TL;DR
Got shit beaten out of me when drunk by 3-4 people know who one of them are what do i do about it.

this thread is more for love and relationship related issues.

to be honest you have 3 options:

1. get revenge (could cause more shit though)
2. press charges
3. do nothing and let it go
Jan 3 2012 12:47am
Quote (Hooo @ Jan 2 2012 10:23am)
imo never. but other memories and days slowly overlap it. Especially if you love again and you are loved again.

Quote (Darkblue @ Jan 2 2012 01:36pm)
it takes time. this could affect you for a couple of months to a year.

but the objective is to move on.

as time goes by and you have more and more fun, meet new people, accomplish new things in life...this person will be a distant memory, and it is like becoming strangers again.

thats just how it is, and it is what it is...gotta move forward. youll find someone awesome when you least expect it, keep your chin up bro

Okay, thank you for taking some time to answer me back. I'll be sure to keep all this in mind.
Gold: 10,391.00
Jan 3 2012 02:00am
Quote (Azure_Shadow @ Jan 2 2012 07:55am)
Okay so... Today marks the 2nd month since my ex broke up with me... The pain is... Still as unbearable... This was my first gf I ever had..

I'm wondering, when does the pain usually go away..? Also, would it help if I started to like a new girl?

2 months isn't very long. But take this opportunity to work on yourself. Don't try to avoid or numb the pain, and definitely do *NOT* focus on looking for another girl to chase after.

I disagree with the comment saying that the pain and sorrow never disappears, or that you need to love or be loved again (by someone else) in order to bury the feelings. You don't need to bury your feelings or to be loved by anyone - you just need to learn to love yourself.

One of the things I started learning to do back when I went through some rough times was to learn to accept pain and sorrow - to sit with it, to observe myself with it, and to let it go. This sounds ridiculously abstract, but it's definitely something worth trying. When you feel the pain hitting you, don't avoid it - let it flow through you and sit with it. Learn to step out of yourself, to observe yourself as the human being as you are, and then to realize that even in your pain and sorrow, you are worthy of love and respect.

Another thing you can do is to find people who you can talk to about it. I remember reading somewhere once that grieving needs to be seen. Respect that it does, and find ways to make it happen with people you trust.

Last but not least - one thing I've always done in the past to deal with breakups and rejection is this: I look at it as a challenge. The challenge is to get something out of the entire experience - to work on something inside me that I can carry on to my next experiences. In some cases, it meant something as simple as, "I'm going to start working out again to build my health and self-confidence." In other cases, it meant using the extra time that I had to go do things that I always wanted to do but never had time to do. And most recently (and most importantly and beneficial of all), I used it as an opportunity to study myself and to study the idea of happiness - which included learning to accept and sit with my feelings, to accept myself, and to love myself. It's actually thanks to those experiences - as heartbreaking as they were at the time - that I feel that I've earned the kind of wisdom that many people may never even know.

This post was edited by irimi on Jan 3 2012 02:01am
Jan 3 2012 02:11am
Quote (irimi @ Jan 3 2012 04:00am)
2 months isn't very long.  But take this opportunity to work on yourself.  Don't try to avoid or numb the pain, and definitely do *NOT* focus on looking for another girl to chase after.

I disagree with the comment saying that the pain and sorrow never disappears, or that you need to love or be loved again (by someone else) in order to bury the feelings.  You don't need to bury your feelings or to be loved by anyone - you just need to learn to love yourself.

One of the things I started learning to do back when I went through some rough times was to learn to accept pain and sorrow - to sit with it, to observe myself with it, and to let it go.  This sounds ridiculously abstract, but it's definitely something worth trying.  When you feel the pain hitting you, don't avoid it - let it flow through you and sit with it.  Learn to step out of yourself, to observe yourself as the human being as you are, and then to realize that even in your pain and sorrow, you are worthy of love and respect.

Another thing you can do is to find people who you can talk to about it.  I remember reading somewhere once that grieving needs to be seen.  Respect that it does, and find ways to make it happen with people you trust.

Last but not least - one thing I've always done in the past to deal with breakups and rejection is this: I look at it as a challenge.  The challenge is to get something out of the entire experience - to work on something inside me that I can carry on to my next experiences.  In some cases, it meant something as simple as, "I'm going to start working out again to build my health and self-confidence."  In other cases, it meant using the extra time that I had to go do things that I always wanted to do but never had time to do.  And most recently (and most importantly and beneficial of all), I used it as an opportunity to study myself and to study the idea of happiness - which included learning to accept and sit with my feelings, to accept myself, and to love myself.  It's actually thanks to those experiences - as heartbreaking as they were at the time - that I feel that I've earned the kind of wisdom that many people may never even know.

Well I definitely wasn't expecting this kind of intellect after your last couple of troll posts.

Well said though. I like.
Gold: 10,391.00
Jan 3 2012 02:15am
Quote (Darkblue @ Jan 3 2012 01:11am)
Well I definitely wasn't expecting this kind of intellect after your last couple of troll posts.

Well said though. I like.

I'm trolling your thread because I think it's ridiculously self-serving and narcissistic for anyone to make this thread like you did. It's not like this forum doesn't have enough people making new threads almost daily with the problems they're having.

But no. They have to come to your thread to ask questions because somehow you're just that much better than everyone. Instead of it being about them and their problems, which is what it really should be, you're turning this into something about you. The "I'll give advice for free" bit - as if anyone here expects to pay or be paid for advice - as well as the fact that you colored your thread title is just icing on the cake.

Also, I love the "I like." after the "Well said." As if it should matter whether you like it or not. And again, turning something that isn't about you into something that is.

This post was edited by irimi on Jan 3 2012 02:34am
Gold: 337.21
Jan 3 2012 04:27am
Quote (irimi @ 3 Jan 2012 10:00)
2 months isn't very long.  But take this opportunity to work on yourself.  Don't try to avoid or numb the pain, and definitely do *NOT* focus on looking for another girl to chase after.

I disagree with the comment saying that the pain and sorrow never disappears, or that you need to love or be loved again (by someone else) in order to bury the feelings.  You don't need to bury your feelings or to be loved by anyone - you just need to learn to love yourself.

One of the things I started learning to do back when I went through some rough times was to learn to accept pain and sorrow - to sit with it, to observe myself with it, and to let it go.  This sounds ridiculously abstract, but it's definitely something worth trying.  When you feel the pain hitting you, don't avoid it - let it flow through you and sit with it.  Learn to step out of yourself, to observe yourself as the human being as you are, and then to realize that even in your pain and sorrow, you are worthy of love and respect.

Another thing you can do is to find people who you can talk to about it.  I remember reading somewhere once that grieving needs to be seen.  Respect that it does, and find ways to make it happen with people you trust.

Last but not least - one thing I've always done in the past to deal with breakups and rejection is this: I look at it as a challenge.  The challenge is to get something out of the entire experience - to work on something inside me that I can carry on to my next experiences.  In some cases, it meant something as simple as, "I'm going to start working out again to build my health and self-confidence."  In other cases, it meant using the extra time that I had to go do things that I always wanted to do but never had time to do.  And most recently (and most importantly and beneficial of all), I used it as an opportunity to study myself and to study the idea of happiness - which included learning to accept and sit with my feelings, to accept myself, and to love myself.  It's actually thanks to those experiences - as heartbreaking as they were at the time - that I feel that I've earned the kind of wisdom that many people may never even know.

i agree with this. Maybe I have just a better memory, but I can still remember the holes in my heart clearly.
However what he says in dealing with it is the right way.
And which is exactly what I wrote - rewritten.
You have to accept and love yourself again.
Go Back To Love Line Topic List
Prev13456711Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll