d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster >
Poll > Level 1-95 Contest > Unofficial Thread
Prev13456719Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 19 2018 11:13pm
I personally am for /p8 during progression and reruns w/e else... This beeing a xp race, most people will go for the highest player setting they can achieve, but for reruns I'm not sure about that. I think you should be allowed to do reruns on whatever player setting you like, to make them the most efficient. I mean, if people start running meph at /p8 and it takes 10minutes per run or something like that, they will soon give up and progress, without the good gear, and then probably die... And dat suks. Just my opinion... If it would be /p8 at all time, I might switch to something better than PnB as well, because I want to at least try and compete in this contest...
Gold: 5,440.00
Jun 20 2018 04:25am
Quote (Pious @ Jun 19 2018 10:55pm)
I’m going to be in the same boat just play for fun!

Also, I wonder what the rule is going to be on if you die, can you restart or are you out??

Yeah. If you die, I think it’s fair for you to be able to restart. Just get those screens!
Quote (TheBabyPixel @ Jun 20 2018 12:13am)
I personally am for /p8 during progression and reruns w/e else... This beeing a xp race, most people will go for the highest player setting they can achieve, but for reruns I'm not sure about that. I think you should be allowed to do reruns on whatever player setting you like, to make them the most efficient. I mean, if people start running meph at /p8 and it takes 10minutes per run or something like that, they will soon give up and progress, without the good gear, and then probably die... And dat suks. Just my opinion... If it would be /p8 at all time, I might switch to something better than PnB as well, because I want to at least try and compete in this contest...

And I 100% agree with that. On a novamancer, it’ll take a few minutes to do a rerun, even on p3 or p5, let alone keep trying on p8. While hdongers will be able to blast it out of the water in a minute.
Gold: 0.95
Jun 20 2018 04:58am
Quote (Pious @ Jun 19 2018 11:55pm)
I’m going to be in the same boat just play for fun!

Also, I wonder what the rule is going to be on if you die, can you restart or are you out??

Just a suggestion....

You could have a last man standing rule,that way even the people that has no time to play could win as the sole susurvivor.
I mean isn't that the reason u choose HC to start with?

Maybe with the stipulation of having to finish normal mode and a certain level atleast before winning as sole survivor? That way it shows they actually tried and didn't just win the pot with a level 1.

Edit-
I will try participating in this event but I don't know how much time I will have to play. My days off is when i get my son, so I won't have much time to play. Not sure what character I will use tho. If hammerdins are allowed I would use that because Ive done tried twice and died so im really wanting to try that again. If not I will go with something different.if dead is dead I will try barb. But will determine something once it gets closer and rules are set.

Player: 15bucks
Character: ?
Build: ?

This post was edited by 15bucks on Jun 20 2018 05:23am
Jun 20 2018 06:00am
Quote (15bucks @ Jun 20 2018 11:58am)
Just a suggestion....

You could have a last man standing rule,that way even the people that has no time to play could win as the sole susurvivor.
I mean isn't that the reason u choose HC to start with?

Maybe with the stipulation of having to finish normal mode and a certain level atleast before winning as sole survivor? That way it shows they actually tried and didn't just win the pot with a level 1.

Edit-
I will try participating in this event but I don't know how much time I will have to play. My days off is when i get my son, so I won't have much time to play. Not sure what character I will use tho. If hammerdins are allowed I would use that because Ive done tried twice and died so im really wanting to try that again. If not I will go with something different.if dead is dead I will try barb. But will determine something once it gets closer and rules are set.

Player: 15bucks
Character: ?
Build: ?

Grats!

Jun 20 2018 06:04am
Quote (PikaBhew @ Jun 20 2018 11:25am)
And I 100% agree with that. On a novamancer, it’ll take a few minutes to do a rerun, even on p3 or p5, let alone keep trying on p8. While hdongers will be able to blast it out of the water in a minute.

Since you organize this, why make this poll? It is your's to set the rules. I don't want to encourage that you should use your power for every choice, but a contest is usually no democracy. ppl who want to set /p8 at all times, they just can go ahead, but there is no need to make it more difficult than it is right now. With sorceress not allowed it will be a challenge anyways...

/edit Yes, I am trying to get what I want with this msg... Don't flame me for that, you try too...

This post was edited by TheBabyPixel on Jun 20 2018 06:12am
Jun 20 2018 06:26am
Added 50 to the Prize Pool. If I get more through trades, I'll maybe dono as well....

20.6.2018, 14:25:56 Sent -50.00 (62.00 -> 12.00) to PikaBhew (3,217.00 -> 3,267.00) Prize Pool

This post was edited by TheBabyPixel on Jun 20 2018 06:27am
Jun 20 2018 06:49am
Quote (TheBabyPixel @ Jun 20 2018 07:04am)
Since you organize this, why make this poll? It is your's to set the rules. I don't want to encourage that you should use your power for every choice, but a contest is usually no democracy. ppl who want to set /p8 at all times, they just can go ahead, but there is no need to make it more difficult than it is right now. With sorceress not allowed it will be a challenge anyways...

/edit Yes, I am trying to get what I want with this msg... Don't flame me for that, you try too...

Since the idea was taken from someone else. And there was a lot of talk about how to have the players setting be. I do really like others input, hence the poll. If I would make the rule set, I would do players 8 at progression and anything after that for reruns.
Jun 20 2018 06:56am
Quote (PikaBhew @ Jun 20 2018 01:49pm)
Since the idea was taken from someone else. And there was a lot of talk about how to have the players setting be. I do really like others input, hence the poll. If I would make the rule set, I would do players 8 at progression and anything after that for reruns.

Thank you! Have you received the fgs? Just want to have it for sure...
Jun 20 2018 07:20am
Quote (TheBabyPixel @ Jun 20 2018 07:56am)
Thank you! Have you received the fgs? Just want to have it for sure...

Yessir. Placed in a separate folder
Gold: 0.95
Jun 20 2018 07:29am
Quote (TheBabyPixel @ Jun 20 2018 08:00am)
Grats!

Well it was better than just my days off. I use to have custody but state of Virginia has "traditional" court systems (which means they are for the mother not father). So the mother now has him for the summer week days and I have him weekends and we go back to court the day this contest begins.

This post was edited by 15bucks on Jun 20 2018 07:29am
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev13456719Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll