d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Abroham Lincoln > Hc Throw Barbarian
Prev1161718192036Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 13,891.00
Jun 20 2017 09:56am
Really enjoying the non cookie cutter-ness of this wt :)
Crafted axes
Lawbringer on act 5 Merc
Slow miss and valk peace usage in throw barb

Very cool :)

Keep looking for unique strategies! :Thumbsup:
Gold: 218.00
Jun 20 2017 10:06am
I just registered on this forum and started playing D2 for the first time in maybe a decade again. These walk throughs are hilarious. How much time did it take you to do all these runs? Such a huge investment in time haha. Makes me want to try hardcore honestly.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 20 2017 10:20am
Quote (Vindication08 @ Jun 20 2017 09:06am)
I just registered on this forum and started playing D2 for the first time in maybe a decade again. These walk throughs are hilarious. How much time did it take you to do all these runs? Such a huge investment in time haha. Makes me want to try hardcore honestly.

But your account is 10 years old...
Gold: 0.00
Jun 20 2017 10:27am
Like I think he means he just put in his username and password again for the first time in ten years
Gold: 365.00
Jun 20 2017 02:13pm
Quote (Stealth @ Jun 20 2017 11:56am)
Really enjoying the non cookie cutter-ness of this wt :)
Crafted axes
Lawbringer on act 5 Merc
Slow miss and valk peace usage in throw barb

Very cool :)

Keep looking for unique strategies! :Thumbsup:

lol well I'm not unique by choice. I'm just trying to ball on a budget. Part of my self-imposed restrictions was only to use throwable axes, and there are 2 or 3 (if you include an upped Scalper) great throwable axes in the game. So I've been forced to craft for decent sets. "Lawbringer" was D2jsp's idea, not mine. So can't take credit for that. However the "Peace" was all me :thumbsup: I had to upgrade my armor somehow and it was the only thing available for me to make that I could make use of. It's been great so far. Working on a "Fortitude" though; I just need to find me a Lo.... any day now!

Quote (Vindication08 @ Jun 20 2017 12:06pm)

I used to only play SP softcore by myself. Then I got on Bnet and would only play that. However, a year ago, I downloaded this nostalgic game and joined this community and haven't really turned back. When I joined, I noticed majority of the people were only doing HC, so I decided to do it and it added a lot of life and exhilaration to the game by trying to avoid death. I usually play the not-so-popular builds so progression takes some time and is not nearly as fast as some other builds like a traditional Hammerdin or Sorc, but I find more enjoyment to play with more difficult builds. Because of this, my runs are very slow compared to that of any AoE class or OP build because I take my time clearing and making sure area is safe or else I could die easily. For example, when I was doing my recent Lower Kurast runs, I rerolled the map until there were 2 campfires w/ superchests semi close to the WP. Majority of my runs consisted of me just avoiding any and all enemies and tapping the super chests and redoing it. These particular runs took about 1-1:30 minutes. I also did full-clear runs which took close to 15-20 minutes due to my limited damage to only 1-2 enemies at a time. These runs hardly compare to my Diablo and Baal runs in Nightbmare. Those bitches took anywhere to 45 min to an hour just to complete 1 run of each. I can't teleport and I can't kill mobs quickly w/out merc dying, it took a few minutes to clear Sanctuary and Baal waves. Lucky for me, this time of year is really slow at work so I do majority (at least half) of my playing on the clock :P

This post was edited by G0ldM3mber on Jun 20 2017 02:17pm
Gold: 742.83
Jun 20 2017 05:14pm
Quote (G0ldM3mber @ Jun 20 2017 10:36am)

It was been absolutely wonderful! I was skeptical as to how much it would help the kill speed in Hell, but damn you guys were right. Granted, Abroham and Theodore are the quickest, but they are reliable for sure now! Just need a "Treachery" to top it all off :)

I considered switching my merc to a barb merc to make a Lawbringer for hell, but I think (think) I'm getting roughly the same benefit from battle cry. The advantage that Lawbringer has is in the slowing of enemies as well as reduction of defense and damage tho.

Jun 20 2017 06:15pm
Some Diablo and Baal run drops. Nothing of use.

Unique amulet on the way to Baal

More trash
Jun 20 2017 06:21pm
Sweet rare axe that I found

If only you were ethereal <_<

Got so bored of Crypt/Mausoleum and Diablo/Baal runs, so I went ahead and tried Blood Raven again.

^I did it! A "Lawbringer" and a few levels was all that I needed!^

Jun 20 2017 06:26pm
Dangy's mace drop in the Underground.

Damn PI... But gotta love that Decrepify proc!! ^_^

Another quest completed by Abroham and the Brosevelt!
Jun 20 2017 06:31pm
Another dope rare drop

The mobs inside the Tower killed Theodore so much :cry:

Wish I could have used this and roll it for sockets
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev1161718192036Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll