d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Christian Fellowship > Encouraging Word Of The Day #20
1238Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 1,346.90
Trader: Trusted
Dec 30 2009 08:30am
How great is our Lord! His power is absolute! His understanding is beyond comprehension! Psalm 147:5

Psalm 147

1 Praise the LORD!

How good to sing praises to our God!
How delightful and how fitting!
2 The LORD is rebuilding Jerusalem
and bringing the exiles back to Israel.
3 He heals the brokenhearted
and bandages their wounds.
4 He counts the stars
and calls them all by name.
5 How great is our Lord! His power is absolute!
His understanding is beyond comprehension!
6 The LORD supports the humble,
but he brings the wicked down into the dust.

7 Sing out your thanks to the LORD;
sing praises to our God with a harp.
8 He covers the heavens with clouds,
provides rain for the earth,
and makes the grass grow in mountain pastures.
9 He gives food to the wild animals
and feeds the young ravens when they cry.
10 He takes no pleasure in the strength of a horse
or in human might.
11 No, the LORD's delight is in those who fear him,
those who put their hope in his unfailing love.

12 Glorify the LORD, O Jerusalem!
Praise your God, O Zion!
13 For he has strengthened the bars of your gates
and blessed your children within your walls.
14 He sends peace across your nation
and satisfies your hunger with the finest wheat.
15 He sends his orders to the world—
how swiftly his word flies!
16 He sends the snow like white wool;
he scatters frost upon the ground like ashes.
17 He hurls the hail like stones.*
Who can stand against his freezing cold?
18 Then, at his command, it all melts.
He sends his winds, and the ice thaws.
19 He has revealed his words to Jacob,
his decrees and regulations to Israel.
20 He has not done this for any other nation;
they do not know his regulations.

Praise the LORD!

be blessed. :)

This post was edited by lilmanguy24 on Dec 30 2009 08:30am
Gold: 40.42
Dec 30 2009 08:32am
For those of you who are interested, having read all of this other business I posted, here's:

HOW TO START A POEE CABAL
WITHOUT MESSING AROUND WITH THE POLYFATHER

If you can't find the Polyfather, or having found him, don't want anything to do with him, you are still authorized to form your own POEE CABAL and do Priestly Things, using the Principia Discordia as a guide. Your Official Rank will be POEE CHAPLIN for the LEGION OF DYNAMIC DISCORD, which is exactly the same as a POEE PRIEST except that you don't have an Ordination Certificate. The words you are now reading are your ordination.

HOW TO BECOME A POEE CHAPLIN
1. Write the ERISIAN AFFIRMATION in five copies.
2. Sign and nose-print each copy.
3. Send one to the President of the United States.
4. Send one to
The California State Bureau of Furniture
and Bedding
1021 'D' Street, Sacramento CA 94814
5. Nail one to a telephone pole. Hide one. And burn the other. Then consult your pineal gland.

------------

Related, here's a direct, full page from the original Principia. Feel free to print out your own card and carry it about!

This post was edited by AiNedeSpelCzech on Dec 30 2009 08:33am
Retired Moderator
Gold: 505.00
Trader: Trusted
Dec 30 2009 11:47am
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ 30 Dec 2009 09:32)
For those of you who are interested, having read all of this other business I posted

Please stop trolling the daily scripture topics. If you wished to post stuff about the Principia, please make a seperate post or set of posts. You're being a deliberate nuissance, and while I know you're trying to float your material through technicalities, you're without an oar paddling down a certain creek. This isn't a generalized scripture series; it's a topic about particular scripture. You're entirely entitled to react to it however you wish, so long as it's within the rules. That includes artistic and impressionistic responses, etc.. But it doesn't include posting irrelevant manifestos under the guise of "scripture". All text is in a sense scripted; thus all is scripture. However, it's obvious that what's aimed for in teis series of topics is Christian, religious discussion; or, serious and appreciative on constructively critical response to it or interpretation of it. And any such responses or criticisms had better not be trollin'.

This post was edited by RewtheBrave on Dec 30 2009 11:47am
Dec 30 2009 12:11pm
Quote (RewtheBrave @ 30 Dec 2009 12:47)
Please stop trolling the daily scripture topics. If you wished to post stuff about the Principia, please make a seperate post or set of posts. You're being a deliberate nuissance, and while I know you're trying to float your material through technicalities, you're without an oar paddling down a certain creek. This isn't a generalized scripture series; it's a topic about particular scripture. You're entirely entitled to react to it however you wish, so long as it's within the rules. That includes artistic and impressionistic responses, etc.. But it doesn't include posting irrelevant manifestos under the guise of "scripture". All text is in a sense scripted; thus all is scripture. However, it's obvious that what's aimed for in teis series of topics is Christian, religious discussion; or, serious and appreciative on constructively critical response to it or interpretation of it. And any such responses or criticisms had better not be trollin'.

I'm not trolling at all. I'm posting from my holy book.

I just didn't want to add to the number of topics and figured that I'd go ahead and take a space for scripture to post some of my own, since it's rarely used for discussion or anything else. But I'll go ahead and make a separate daily topic for my own scripture rather than adding to these topics.

Sorry if there was any kind of mix up.
Gold: 0.00
Dec 30 2009 12:21pm
ITT: Mediators translate 'Encouraging word' as 'Christian word'.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Dec 30 2009 01:15pm
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Dec 30 2009 11:11am)
I'm not trolling at all.  I'm posting from my holy book. 

I just didn't want to add to the number of topics and figured that I'd go ahead and take a space for scripture to post some of my own, since it's rarely used for discussion or anything else.  But I'll go ahead and make a separate daily topic for my own scripture rather than adding to these topics. 

Sorry if there was any kind of mix up.

"But it doesn't include posting irrelevant manifestos under the guise of 'scripture' "

Ouch, not even the moderators buy it.
Dec 30 2009 02:23pm
Quote (infinitesimal @ 30 Dec 2009 14:15)
"But it doesn't include posting irrelevant manifestos under the guise of 'scripture' "

Ouch, not even the moderators buy it.

No one appreciates the Principia, I swear. :(

That's what I get for having a holy book that isn't fucking boring; people don't recognize holy text unless it's boring, I guess. :(
Gold: 210.00
Dec 30 2009 02:27pm
"How great is our Lord! His power is absolute! His understanding is beyond comprehension! Psalm 147:5"

lol
Dec 30 2009 02:31pm
Quote (AnnihilationNegitive @ 30 Dec 2009 15:27)
"How great is our Lord! His power is absolute! His understanding is beyond comprehension! Psalm 147:5"

lol

Exactly what's the funny part? I don't get it.

Just being snarky because you're all hostile about religion and disagree with the statement?
Gold: 2,900.49
Dec 30 2009 03:01pm
Quote (RewtheBrave @ Dec 30 2009 05:47pm)

Care to respond to the below?

Quote (Handcuffs @ Dec 30 2009 06:21pm)
ITT: Mediators translate 'Encouraging word' as 'Christian word'.

I was considering posting Satanic scripture to see how fast you mods would shut it down but the bias is so blatant already there isn't much point.

Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Dec 30 2009 08:31pm)
Exactly what's the funny part?  I don't get it. 

Just being snarky because you're all hostile about religion and disagree with the statement?

The "He" in question could be replaced with any other individual and/or deity and the statement would hold equal weight, thus it is rhetorical garbage.

This post was edited by Kamahl16 on Dec 30 2009 03:02pm
Go Back To Christian Fellowship Topic List
1238Next
Add Reply New Topic