d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing Week
Prev1174175176177178443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Sep 25 2018 01:18pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 25 Sep 2018 20:03)
so to clarify we're being immature to you, namecalling you, ad homing you, and lying about your emotions. but WE are the ones taking "everything" personally? hmmm

as to the topic, it's dead. until:

michael a comes with another accuser

or

the accuser we have goes before the SJC

or

there's a vote scheduled

it's not my fault that you're unable to identify a post riddled with ad hominems and 'arguments' against strawman positions no one involved in this really holds. why you resort to your little 'he does that every time, it doesn't even apply' routine i don't know. my best guess is that you're trying to convince your imaginary audience and me that you REALLY don't mind when i point such things out, and that's ok. you guys like your ad homs, and i like pointing them out - it's just fascinating to see how someone could confuse what has to come first in this little game...

also, concerning the pro-life issue, i was strictly on topic and merely asked you a question without suggesting anything. i even explained to you what made me curious (acting like you didn't get what i meant by 'anti-choice'), and clarified that i'm convinced both sides mean the best regarding the issue even before you eventually replied. the fact that you feel that it was a 'trap' of some sort genuinely surprises me.
Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 25 2018 01:23pm
Quote (fender @ Sep 25 2018 01:18pm)
it's not my fault that you're unable to identify a post riddled with ad hominems and 'arguments' against strawman positions no one involved in this really holds. why you resort to your little 'he does that every time, it doesn't even apply' routine i don't know. my best guess is that you're trying to convince your imaginary audience and me that you REALLY don't mind when i point such things out, and that's ok. you guys like your ad homs, and i like pointing them out - it's just fascinating to see how someone could confuse what has to come first in this little game...

you constantly acting like a victim when you're one of the worst ad hom attackers and strawman argument makers is why we're all laughing at you. we all do it, all of us, to a person. but there is only a small group of people who fluff out every post by whining about it, and you just so happen to do it in almost every post. its so lock step that it often reads like copy pasta. some people say "umm" imperceptibly before they speak, you say "setting asside the ad hom attacks and strawman arguments" imperceptibly before you get to what you're actually going to say. its funny, change it or get laughed at, tbh we dont care.

also, concerning the pro-life issue, i was strictly on topic and merely asked you a question without suggesting anything. i even explained to you what made me curious (acting like you didn't get what i meant by 'anti-choice'), and clarified that i'm convinced both sides mean the best regarding the issue even before you eventually replied. the fact that you feel that it was a 'trap' of some sort genuinely surprises me.

i have legitimately never heard the term "anti-choice", and when i asked for clarification i said "abortion?" because i thought that's what you meant, i didnt feign ignorance. try not to lie. you brought it up out of the blue in an attempt to trap me as being biased towards a GOP minded scotus pick. it was an ok attempt, take the compliment, i just saw it a mile away.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Sep 25 2018 01:26pm
Quote (djman72 @ 25 Sep 2018 20:10)
I don't get it. Why do you keep coming after people when you are clearly wrong?

You agreed with my post on every relevant point, but you still tried to turn it into a pissing contest. You seem to be ultra competitive but you always lose - must really suck. Do you realize how hypocritical this is when you complain about us attacking you personally?

i love how even after being called out for always using "straw man" and "ad hominem" you STILL BRING IT UP IN YOUR VERY NEXT POST.

Some habits die hard, LOL.

please elaborate. what exactly do you feel i'm 'wrong' about? see, that's the problem with arguing against strawmen: you start to believe i actually hold the positions you made up in the first place. in reality i did not 'enjoy' or 'support' that kind of protest at any point - i merely replied to someone suggesting this is something the police should be called for, asking which crime they committed in their opinion.
Gold: 57.00
Sep 25 2018 01:27pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 25 Sep 2018 15:03)
so to clarify we're being immature to you, namecalling you, ad homing you, and lying about your emotions. but WE are the ones taking "everything" personally? hmmm

as to the topic, it's dead. until:

michael a comes with another accuser

or

the accuser we have goes before the SJC

or

there's a vote scheduled

not that i believe the den of after-the-fact larpers, but of course that chan is claiming the “gang rape leader” angle was their hoax and baldy fell for it. the twitter being made private thing is prob just a coincidence

This post was edited by excellence on Sep 25 2018 01:30pm
Gold: 10,485.00
Sep 25 2018 01:30pm
Quote (fender @ Sep 25 2018 02:41pm)
apart from the usual strawmanning and ad hominems at the end i actually agree with you. i don't think that's the right way to protest cruz - especially when (part of) his family is present.
that being said though, i replied to a post of someone suggesting to call the police over this, so i wanted to know what the crime was in their opinion. also, you might not know that, but there is a difference between a random citizen and a public figure - maybe look it up...

The crime(s) in this instance would have been... disturbing the peace, verbal assault, that I know of... there may be one or two others.
Sep 25 2018 01:33pm
Quote (excellence @ Sep 25 2018 01:27pm)
not that i believe the den of after-the-fact larpers, but of course that chan is claiming the “gang rape leader” angle was their hoax and baldy fell for it. the twitter being made private thing is prob just a coincidence

honestly the right should have just paid for a bunch of bullshit stories to be planted about Kav doing crazy shit so they could discount them, just send them all in a manilla envelope to baldy and he'd be reporting them on CNN within the hour.
Gold: 13,704.02
Sep 25 2018 01:34pm
Quote (fender @ Sep 25 2018 02:18pm)

It's the first thing you type. every time.

you're even shortening it so you can type it even faster.

Quote (fender @ Sep 25 2018 02:26pm)
please elaborate. what exactly do you feel i'm 'wrong' about? see, that's the problem with arguing against strawmen: you start to believe i actually hold the positions you made up in the first place. in reality i did not 'enjoy' or 'support' that kind of protest at any point - i merely replied to someone suggesting this is something the police should be called for, asking which crime they committed in their opinion.

Ooops - missed one.

:rofl:

This post was edited by djman72 on Sep 25 2018 01:35pm
Gold: 13,704.02
Sep 25 2018 01:38pm
FENDER IN REAL LIFE

Sep 25 2018 01:40pm
Quote (djman72 @ Sep 25 2018 01:38pm)

strawperson you bigot.
Gold: 10,485.00
Sep 25 2018 01:45pm
HA! The Kavanaugh case is solved...

/e That looks like Dr. Ford on the far right.

This post was edited by Ghot on Sep 25 2018 02:01pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1174175176177178443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll