d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev1146414651466146714683169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 13,770.00
Sep 6 2017 04:46pm
Quote (Skinned @ Sep 6 2017 03:23pm)

Pragmatism would be crafting a message deliberately and after polling enough to know your opinion is going to be passable.

Trump ad hoc's everything it seems like. A pragmatist isn't going to be as erratic as Trump is as far as his team. Trump isnt cool, planned, and calculated. He is passionate, he makes off the cuff comments, he doesn't care what people think. He is too drastic and narcissistic to be pragmatic imo.

I think if you guys learned to tune out the constant noise surrounding Trump, you'd see that he is actually pretty pragmatic. Remember when he was saying that businesses are charging too much for products sold to the gov't & him going after other public companies? Next thing you know he's sitting at the table with a bunch of top CEO's promising them tax breaks and deregulation.

He's been a lot of talk on issues ranging from a to z but in reality he has toed the line on various fronts (foreign policy, trade, debt ceiling, etc)
Gold: 260.11
Sep 6 2017 04:47pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Sep 6 2017 04:46pm)
I think if you guys learned to tune out the constant noise surrounding Trump, you'd see that he is actually pretty pragmatic. Remember when he was saying that businesses are charging too much for products sold to the gov't & him going after other public companies? Next thing you know he's sitting at the table with a bunch of top CEO's promising them tax breaks and deregulation.

He's been a lot of talk on issues ranging from a to z but in reality he has toed the line on various fronts (foreign policy, trade, debt ceiling, etc)

And has he fixed the overcharging?

Because him sitting at the table doesn't mean anything in itself.
Sep 6 2017 04:51pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Sep 6 2017 03:47pm)
And has he fixed the overcharging?

Because him sitting at the table doesn't mean anything in itself.

You missed the point of the paragraph.

Him not fixing it and essentially caving to big business is being pragmatic. He is doing the exact thing Obama did or Hillary would of done when it comes to big money.

The ideological, non pragmatic approach would of been to dig his heels in and continue to shit on various companies using Twitter or even try some regulations, instead he's playing ball.
Gold: 22,164.69
Sep 6 2017 05:41pm
Trump is obviously pragmatic. What ideals are you all accusing him of holding? The guy is a democrat/reform who ran as a republican and flip flopped on half his positions just to cynically pander.
Clinton was a pragmatist, but she paled next to Obama. Clinton was more likely to take actions out of (misguided) principles as her foreign policy reflects, something I don't believe can be chalked up to her vapors/time-of-the-month.
If you can't tell the difference between an idealist like Rand Paul or Paul Wellstone and a pragmatist like Trump, you're just draining the word of any meaning.

I mean, just as a general rule of thumb, anyone in the center of the political compass and north on the authoritarian side is going to be a pragmatist, because its hard to have a set of coherent ideals to call your conviction when you don't ascribe to a principled worldview. Whether thats third way democrats, neolibs/neocons or establishment republicans, pragmatists search for compromises even if they must tread upon their ideals.
Sep 6 2017 06:11pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Sep 6 2017 04:41pm)
Trump is obviously pragmatic. What ideals are you all accusing him of holding? The guy is a democrat/reform who ran as a republican and flip flopped on half his positions just to cynically pander.
Clinton was a pragmatist, but she paled next to Obama. Clinton was more likely to take actions out of (misguided) principles as her foreign policy reflects, something I don't believe can be chalked up to her vapors/time-of-the-month.
If you can't tell the difference between an idealist like Rand Paul or Paul Wellstone and a pragmatist like Trump, you're just draining the word of any meaning.

I mean, just as a general rule of thumb, anyone in the center of the political compass and north on the authoritarian side is going to be a pragmatist, because its hard to have a set of coherent ideals to call your conviction when you don't ascribe to a principled worldview. Whether thats third way democrats, neolibs/neocons or establishment republicans, pragmatists search for compromises even if they must tread upon their ideals.

I'm honestly surprised that the establishment republicans haven't found a way to get rid of Rand Paul. I mean he shits on them constantly and makes them look bad. Don't get me wrong i love Rand Paul and would love for him to be potus but it's hilarious how they haven't found a way to muzzle him.
Gold: 5,016.77
Sep 7 2017 08:27am
I gotta say, it's absolutely hilarious to see Democrats and the establishment media praising the president for cutting this deal. First couple pages of The_Donald don't say anything about it.

Local Trump cultists, is this an opportunity where you can finally disagree with something your leader does?

That was a rhetorical question.

Gold: 57.00
Sep 7 2017 08:36am
Quote (IceMage @ 7 Sep 2017 10:27)
I gotta say, it's absolutely hilarious to see Democrats and the establishment media praising the president for cutting this deal. First couple pages of The_Donald don't say anything about it.

Local Trump cultists, is this an opportunity where you can finally disagree with something your leader does?

That was a rhetorical question.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/6-29-2015/2PgBMT.gif

why do you spam gifs of your (D) loser candidate who is busy hawking a book blaming everyone for her massive defeat to President Trump - you still that butthurt over losing?

that was a rhetorical question :D
Sep 7 2017 08:50am
Quote (excellence @ Sep 7 2017 09:36am)
why do you spam gifs of your (D) loser candidate who is busy hawking a book blaming everyone for her massive defeat to President Trump - you still that butthurt over losing?

that was a rhetorical question :D

If I knew Trump would abandon this many campaign promises I would've voted for him. He's basically Hillary with a smaller dick.
Gold: 57.00
Sep 7 2017 09:07am
Quote (IceMage @ 7 Sep 2017 10:50)
If I knew Trump would abandon this many campaign promises I would've voted for him. He's basically Hillary with a smaller dick.

3.0%+ GDP growth, Gorsuch in, stock market growth, jobs #s great, travel ban upheld by SC unanimously, DACA rescinded and making the legislative branch legislate, rescinded many useless and expensive red-tape regulations, no TPP, no Paris Climate Scam lol!!!!!
Kasich is gonna run as a (D) or (I) next term so you're luck, you can finally vote for a Democrat who pretended to be a Republican for years :lol:

and stop talking about male private parts :wacko: for someone who hates homosexuals, you have an odd affinity for talking about male private parts :wacko:
Sep 7 2017 09:18am
Quote (excellence @ Sep 7 2017 10:07am)
3.0%+ GDP growth, Gorsuch in, stock market growth, jobs #s great, travel ban upheld by SC unanimously, DACA rescinded and making the legislative branch legislate, rescinded many useless and expensive red-tape regulations, no TPP, no Paris Climate Scam lol!!!!!
Kasich is gonna run as a (D) or (I) next term so you're luck, you can finally vote for a Democrat who pretended to be a Republican for years :lol:

and stop talking about male private parts :wacko: for someone who hates homosexuals, you have an odd affinity for talking about male private parts :wacko:

Inherited a good economy and stock market from Obama, inherited good job #s from Obama, weak travel ban partly upheld for now, DACA kicked down to Congress until they fail and (D)Trump keeps it, no wall funding from Congress or Mexico, no repeal of Obamacare, strained relationship with Russia. Sounds like Hillary is doing her job.

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1146414651466146714683169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll