d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Clinton 2016 > Finally, A Thread For Winners
Prev12930313233183Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 20.31
Jul 1 2016 02:42pm
Quote (Santara @ Jul 1 2016 01:32pm)
Awww, you think we're being unfair in pointing out your errors?

You don't get to frame the discussion with me, son. You might be able to pull the wool over other people's eyes, but not me.

See:
Quote (Pollster @ Jul 1 2016 01:12pm)
...I know you can't help but to try projection...

You're not pointing out my errors. You're misrepresenting them. And you are, amusingly, continuing to do exactly what I predicted you'd do. Oh well, I can't say that I'm surprised after all. At least I got those two great House quotes out of this.
Gold: 8,933.00
Jul 1 2016 03:44pm
Quote (Pollster @ Jul 1 2016 03:42pm)
See:

You're not pointing out my errors. You're misrepresenting them. And you are, amusingly, continuing to do exactly what I predicted you'd do. Oh well, I can't say that I'm surprised after all. At least I got those two great House quotes out of this.

It blows my mind sometimes, the regularity with which you project and simultaneously accuse me of projecting. Cognitive dissonance, yo.

Backpedal all you want on whether my characterization of your errors is incorrect vs misrepresenting, it is neither. You're simply throwing qualifiers at the wall hoping they'll stick and trying to frame the discussion in such a way as to avoid being in error. You were way off, plain and simple, and no amount of bullshit and spin is going to detract from that.
Gold: 57.00
Jul 1 2016 05:25pm
How many ash trays have met their demise these last 36 hours? RIP in peace!
Jul 5 2016 12:37pm
The FBI announced their decision today: http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/286472-fbi-no-charges-against-clinton

Comey made some comments that put the FBI at odds with some of the other departments: they argue that some emails had classified material in them at the time they were sent (113), which is something no one's proven yet. It's one of the reasons why this is such a contentious (and annoying) issue anyway: because the government has no one agency standard for classification, it causes inter-agency wrangling and bureaucratic squabbling to look like malfeasance. The FBI was able to restore some of the work emails that were accidentally deleted, established that they were not purposefully deleted, and found no evidence of hacking.

Quote (Santara @ Jul 1 2016 02:44pm)
It blows my mind sometimes, the regularity with which you project and simultaneously accuse me of projecting. Cognitive dissonance, yo.

Backpedal all you want on whether my characterization of your errors is incorrect vs misrepresenting, it is neither. You're simply throwing qualifiers at the wall hoping they'll stick and trying to frame the discussion in such a way as to avoid being in error. You were way off, plain and simple, and no amount of bullshit and spin is going to detract from that.

You're still projecting. Of course your characterization is a misrepresentation: a "likely" outcome does not express "the only realm of possibilities," as you characterized in multiple posts. It's exactly as I said: either you don't understand what's being measured or you're misrepresenting, pick one. I guess it could be both?

Who could have ever guessed that all you'd accomplish was demonstrating how embarrassingly little you know about the subject matter? Oh, I bet I know.
Gold: 40.42
Jul 5 2016 12:42pm
Welcome to winner country
Gold: 28,296.75
Jul 5 2016 12:44pm
time to youtube bernie or busters and watch the meltdowns as they are awakened from their dreams of indictment
Gold: 8,933.00
Jul 5 2016 12:45pm
Quote (Pollster @ Jul 5 2016 01:37pm)
The FBI announced their decision today: http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/286472-fbi-no-charges-against-clinton

Comey made some comments that put the FBI at odds with some of the other departments: they argue that some emails had classified material in them at the time they were sent (113), which is something no one's proven yet. It's one of the reasons why this is such a contentious (and annoying) issue anyway: because the government has no one agency standard for classification, it causes inter-agency wrangling and bureaucratic squabbling to look like malfeasance. The FBI was able to restore some of the work emails that were accidentally deleted, established that they were not purposefully deleted, and found no evidence of hacking.

You're so fucking retarded, I swear to God.

Rest of your worthless post.

Exactly.
Jul 5 2016 03:30pm
Some highlights from Charlotte. I'm still getting pre-event numbers from the ground from Friday-Sunday and then today, but based off what I've already seen what the NC/specifically Charlotte Dems did today organization-wise in anticipation of Obama's visit was ridiculous:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/286547-clinton-teases-trump-over-obamas-birthplace
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/286560-obama-lends-hand-to-clinton
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/286550-obama-i-believe-in-hillary-clinton

Quote (Santara @ Jul 5 2016 11:45am)
Exactly.

Stop crying. If you weren't dumb enough to try to attack me in the first place you wouldn't have a problem. Everyone should be well aware by now you don't have the competence to discuss campaigns, there's nothing else that needs to be said. It's over.
Gold: 2,620.00
Jul 16 2016 04:19pm
"Hillary Clinton committed Saturday to introducing a constitutional amendment to overturn the Citizens United decision within her first 30 days in office, if she’s elected president."

“The amendment would allow Americans to establish common sense rules to protect against the undue influence of billionaires and special interests and to restore the role of average voters in elections,” a Clinton spokesman said in statement.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/hillary-clinton-citizens-united-225658?cmpid=sf

This is excellent news. Amending the Constitution is very difficult, so I doubt it passes, but it's still a fantastic thing to try and do. Campaign finance reform is one of the biggest issues facing the US today because it would help restore the democratic process and affects how all of our elected officials behave and vote after they are elected.
Gold: 285.00
Jul 16 2016 04:29pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Jul 16 2016 05:19pm)
"Hillary Clinton committed Saturday to introducing a constitutional amendment to overturn the Citizens United decision within her first 30 days in office, if she’s elected president."

“The amendment would allow Americans to establish common sense rules to protect against the undue influence of billionaires and special interests and to restore the role of average voters in elections,” a Clinton spokesman said in statement.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/hillary-clinton-citizens-united-225658?cmpid=sf

This is excellent news. Amending the Constitution is very difficult, so I doubt it passes, but it's still a fantastic thing to try and do. Campaign finance reform is one of the biggest issues facing the US today because it would help restore the democratic process and affects how all of our elected officials behave and vote after they are elected.

/agree
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12930313233183Next
Closed New Topic New Poll