d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Donald Trump: Full Interview With Todd Chuck > Immigration, Business, Clinton, Etc
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,620.00
Aug 16 2015 06:24pm

Full Interview Link: http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/video/full-interview-trump-on-immigration-hillary-clinton-and-his-controversial-campaign-505901123767

Donald Trump sat down with Chuck Todd on NBC to discuss a variety of issues in a 37 minute interview.

I watched the entire thing. Personally, I think Trump is the most intriguing candidate in the current GOP field. He openly admits we have a corruption problem with money and lobbyists in politics.

I'm not a fan of everything he stands for, obviously, but I did like some of what I heard in this interview. I liked his comments about leverage and getting rid of lobbyists.

I like that he is a business-minded Conservative and doesn't want to focus his campaign on Christianity like many other GOP candidates. Not everyone in this country is a Christian, and the last thing we need is another GOP theocrat who uses the Bible to justify actions instead of sensible decision making.

And even though I think he is filled with way too many catchphrases and slogans and little substance, I do like that he just speaks his mind and BS'es less than most politicians.

Todd Chuck certainly made him look like a fool from time to time, but Trump gave pretty solid answers back to tough questions. Overall, I enjoyed the interview.

Edit: Fuck, it's Chuck Todd and not Todd Chuck. Screwed up the title a little. Oh well, lol.

This post was edited by ThatAlex on Aug 16 2015 06:30pm
Gold: 0.00
Aug 16 2015 06:48pm
Aug 16 2015 06:50pm
Yeah I just watched it about 40 mins ago -- Very well done by both Trump and the interviewer. No nonsense and actually explains some of his opinions.
Gold: 8,933.00
Aug 16 2015 06:59pm
F Chuck Todd.
Aug 16 2015 11:49pm
Quote (RzChaos @ 16 Aug 2015 19:50)
Yeah I just watched it about 40 mins ago -- Very well done by both Trump and the interviewer. No nonsense and actually explains some of his opinions.

Yeah, I agree. It was a good interview. Trump was guarded on some topics, but overall he was more open and candid then I thought he would be. In this interview, he seemed like a lot less of hothead than he normally is, and I liked the change of pace.
Gold: 20.31
Aug 17 2015 12:09am
I found it interesting that Trump outlined his support for the three abortion exceptions. That won't play with the huge reactionary contingent in Iowa.

Unfortunately there's still no explanations for most of his boilerplate nonsense would transition into concrete policy proposals. Chuck Todd should be asking "it's illegal under NAFTA to do what you're talking about doing to Mexico, so how are you going to do it?"

This post was edited by Pollster on Aug 17 2015 12:16am
Aug 17 2015 12:15am
Quote (Pollster @ 17 Aug 2015 01:09)
I found it interesting that Trump outlined his support for the three abortion exceptions. That won't play with the huge reactionary contingent in Iowa.

Unfortunately there's still no explanations for most of his boilerplate nonsense would transition into concrete policy proposals. Chuck Todd should be asking "it's illegal under NAFTA to do what you're talking about doing to Mexico, so how are you going to do it?"

Iowa might not like the three abortion exceptions, but that stance will help him nationally.

Walker and Rubio may be liked by the more fervent pro-life circle, but anyone who doesn't support an abortion exception when the life of the mother is threatened is just going to appear crazy to the grand majority of this country. And this is true even if it is inconsistent with "pro-life" (true pro-lifers shouldn't support rape or incest exceptions; life is life).
Gold: 20.31
Aug 17 2015 12:24am
Quote (ThatAlex @ Aug 16 2015 11:15pm)
Iowa might not like the three abortion exceptions, but that stance will help him nationally.

Walker and Rubio may be liked by the more fervent pro-life circle, but anyone who doesn't support an abortion exception when the life of the mother is threatened is just going to appear crazy to the grand majority of this country. And this is true even if it is inconsistent with "pro-life" (true pro-lifers shouldn't support rape or incest exceptions; life is life).

In a general election it's absolutely the way to go, but unless he really does plan on an Independent run the campaign begins in a caucus state dominated by social issue warriors. He should at least feel fortunate that there are too many SoCons and wingnuts running and they will dilute the voting power of those voters.

I don't know why I'm still surprised, but I do find it odd that these candidates and Trump specifically are this far in the process but still running on gibberish. Walker to his credit is supposed to be unveiling his "Obamacare alternative" on Tuesday. And yes it'll borrow heavily from the same four proposals that Republicans always half-heartedly offer (high-risk pools, selling across state lines, tort reform, health savings account) that would never work the way they want them too but at least it's a proposal. All we get from Trump is he'll replace it with "something marvelous." Alright then.
Gold: 9,039.20
Aug 17 2015 12:43am
Even sociopaths like Trump know that abortion is ultimately immoral, there's hope for America.
Aug 17 2015 02:37am
Quote (stimpy6298 @ Aug 17 2015 12:48am)

As much as I love Trump because of how he exposes how corrupt and full of shit both American political parties are, I disagree with him on abortion here. Do you remember when you were 4 months old? I'm not advocating human babies should be ripped from their wombs, but there's more biology and science to this than just abortion = bad. At what point do we consider a conscious being an individual? Do my balls have the potential? Excuse me, patriarchal attitude seeping through there.

This post was edited by CarsV on Aug 17 2015 02:44am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll