d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > If Someone Broke Into Your House > Would You Kill Them
Prev123416Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 9,039.20
Jan 13 2015 04:32am
Quote (GuyLadouche @ Jan 13 2015 04:08am)
lol ok George Zimmerman, calm down... all im saying is pre meditated is pre meditated.

and i mean if you think going around shooting anyone who makes a bad choice is the answer, then you just give anti gun activists more ammo for their agenda to get  guns banned.

You just gotta be smart guy and shoot first is not always the answer.

OK, if some guy is premedicated and breaks into my house, like a weed addict or something I have even more reason to kill them.

The only thing I gotta make sure of is they're dead, because dead people don't sue.

This post was edited by j0ltk0la on Jan 13 2015 04:32am
Gold: 434.20
Jan 13 2015 04:50am
Quote (j0ltk0la @ Jan 13 2015 10:32am)
OK, if some guy is premedicated and breaks into my house, like a weed addict or something I have even more reason to kill them.

The only thing I gotta make sure of is they're dead, because dead people don't sue.

Pre Meditated, not Pre medicated.

Just because someone has made bad choices in their life and is trying to break into a home to get some extra money for drugs or some shit... do they really deserve to die or should they be given some sort of alternative help.

You don't really know their intent which is certainly frightening to think when you have someone break into your home, but unless that person is coming at you or your family, or has a gun or weapon and is threating you directly, why shoot them?

Do you think that experience of taking another persons life wouldn't have some sort of effect on you or your family, regardless of them being a hardened criminal with a weapon or some young teenager unarmed? Don't you think about that?

Just what i get from your posts is that you would shoot no questions asked without hesitation, which i mean i guess its legal if they break into your home but is death the best answer to the problem everytime?

If you feel that way then i can see why there is a movement from some to get guns banned and there should be genuine concern from citizens of this great nation on who really should have guns and who shouldn't. But i do believe people should have the right to defend themselves/ family from genuine threats.
Jan 13 2015 05:18am
Quote (GuyLadouche @ Jan 13 2015 04:50am)
Pre Meditated, not Pre medicated.   

Just because someone has made bad choices in their life and is trying to break into a home to get some extra money for drugs or some shit... do they really deserve to die or should they be given some sort of alternative help.

You don't really know their intent which is certainly frightening to think when you have someone break into your home, but unless that person is coming at you or your family, or has a gun or weapon and is threating you directly, why shoot them?

Do you think that experience of taking another persons life wouldn't have some sort of effect on you or your family,  regardless of them being a hardened criminal with a weapon or some young teenager unarmed?  Don't you think about that?

Just what i get from your posts is that you would shoot no questions asked without hesitation, which i mean i guess its legal if they break into your home but is death the best answer to the problem everytime? 

If you feel that way then i can see why there is a movement from some to get guns banned and there should be genuine concern from citizens of this great nation on who really should have guns and who shouldn't.  But i do believe people should have the right to defend themselves/ family from genuine threats.

OK, if you make bad choices it isn't my problem to account for them when you're intruding on my property and putting my family's life in danger. Mistakes are fine and good to learn from but there are things that will kill you if you get them wrong and you only have yourself to blame if you're not aware of the consequences.

I will kill anyone that puts my life in danger, that is the freedom of being an American, we have the ability and right to use our own means to protect ourselves and stand our ground, whether we're attacked on the street, attacked in our vehicle or in our home. All the little Trayvon Martins in the world better wake up before they decide to attack and steal from others, impairing yourself and then blaming the result of your actions on the substance you abused is not a valid excuse, whether you're withdrawing from your skittle fused syrup addiction or simply premedicated on weed, you're walking a dangerous path down a road that will ultimately lead you in the hospital, jail, or the morgue.

Jan 13 2015 05:33am
Quote (j0ltk0la @ Jan 13 2015 11:18am)
OK, if you make bad choices it isn't my problem to account for them when you're intruding on my property and putting my family's life in danger. Mistakes are fine and good to learn from but there are things that will kill you if you get them wrong and you only have yourself to blame if you're not aware of the consequences.

I will kill anyone that puts my life in danger, that is the freedom of being an American, we have the ability and right to use our own means to protect ourselves and stand our ground, whether we're attacked on the street, attacked in our vehicle or in our home. All the little Trayvon Martins in the world better wake up before they decide to attack and steal from others, impairing yourself and then blaming the result of your actions on the substance you abused is not a valid excuse, whether you're withdrawing from your skittle fused syrup addiction or simply premedicated on weed, you're walking a dangerous path down a road that will ultimately lead you in the hospital, jail, or the morgue.

this guy i was telling you about who set that bait for a burglar and then shot him dead, you think he thought of the consequences? he shot an unarmed 18 year old kid dead in his garage, the kid was clearly there to rob shit but the fact that this man set up this bait and lured this guy in, just to shoot him dead in his home. THAT is PRE MEDITATED Murder, or so the court found, and convicted him. ( NOT PREMEDICATED - please stop confusing the two?) . This is pretty much what you said you would do in an earlier post, by saying you would leave your door unlocked... you think there may be a consequence from you doing that, that perhaps a jury of your peers would find you guilty of pre-meditated murder?

im not saying you cant shoot anyone in your home.. u just might want to use discretion when shooting someone, regardless of if they are committing a crime. Not all crimes are punishable by deaths and not all criminals deserve to die.

This post was edited by GuyLadouche on Jan 13 2015 05:36am
Jan 13 2015 05:37am
Quote (GuyLadouche @ Jan 13 2015 05:33am)
this guy i was telling you about who set that bait for a burglar and then shot him dead, you think he thought of the consequences?  he shot an unarmed 18 year old kid dead in his garage, the kid was clearly there to rob shit but the fact that this man set up this bait and lured this guy in, just to shoot him dead in his home.  THAT is PRE MEDITATED Murder, or so the court found, and convicted him.  ( NOT PREMEDICATED - please stop confusing the two?) .  This is pretty much what you said you would do in an earlier post, by saying you would leave your door unlocked...  you think there may be a consequence from you doing that,  that perhaps a jury of your peers would find you guilty of pre-meditated murder? 

im not saying you cant shoot anyone in your home.. u just might want to use discretion when shooting someone,  regardless of if they are committing a crime.  Not all crimes are punishable by deaths and not all criminals deserve to die.

Yes, I know what he did and I support his premeditation. If someone is repeatedly breaking into your premises and you prepare for it, you're in the right, regardless. I understand what happened and they were premedicated and I understand how it was ruled, not in his favor, but I would have done the same.

Jan 13 2015 05:40am
Quote (j0ltk0la @ Jan 13 2015 11:37am)
Yes, I know what he did and I support his premeditation. If someone is repeatedly breaking into your premises and you prepare for it, you're in the right, regardless. I understand what happened and they were premedicated and I understand how it was ruled, not in his favor, but I would have done the same.

and serve hard time in prison? why not just call the police? y not just hold him at gunpoint maybe? there are other options there buddy, that would work out better for all parties involved.
Jan 13 2015 05:41am
Quote (GuyLadouche @ Jan 13 2015 05:40am)
and serve hard time in prison?  why not just call the police?  y not just hold him at gunpoint maybe?  there are other options there buddy,  that would work out better for all parties involved.

I would not make it obvious what I had done, the biggest mistake that guy did was being honest in a situation where it would work against him.

Gold: 0.76
Jan 13 2015 05:46am
My doors have never been locked ( well maybe during some obvious underhanded cheating at waterfights)

If someone chooses to break in I'll shoot them, maybe if I'm theonly one home I'll warn them but if another family member is home I will protect my responsibilities above all else

I would feel terrible having to kill someone in protecting my home.

I would feel worse in losing a family member to a methed out crook. unfortunately meth is a huge problem in rural Missouri, it's like our number 1 industry.
Jan 13 2015 06:00am
Quote (j0ltk0la @ Jan 13 2015 11:41am)
I would not make it obvious what I had done, the biggest mistake that guy did was being honest in a situation where it would work against him.

well, some people live their lives with certain moral standards and try to be truthful in the court of law, maybe he realized he might have made a mistake killing this 18 year old unarmed kid and decided to own up to his mistakes or wrong choices( hard to even fathom...), to come clean with his own conscious. who knows..

basically what you are telling me is that you would perhaps murder someone in your home under the guise that it was justified inside your home and try to cover it up? In my book that still makes you a criminal really no better than the person that invaded your home.

im not sure you would get away with it pal... perhaps police seize your computer and track this discussion we have had on the matter back to you. Whats to keep the judge from allowing this convo to be entered in as evidence against you? This could be pretty incriminating against you..

just saying... Shoot first ask question later in not always the answer to a home invasion... its not the wild west, use discretion and responsibility when handling a fire-arm. ALWAYS. if u don't know that then you have no right to own a gun.
Jan 13 2015 06:06am
Quote (GuyLadouche @ Jan 13 2015 06:00am)
well, some people live their lives with certain moral standards and try to be truthful in the court of law, maybe he realized he might have made a mistake killing this 18 year old unarmed kid and decided to own up to his mistakes or wrong choices( hard to even fathom...),  to come clean with his own conscious.  who knows..

basically what you are telling me is that you would perhaps murder someone in your home under the guise that it was justified inside your home and try to cover it up?  In my book that still makes you a criminal really no better than the person that invaded your home.

im not sure you would get away with it pal... perhaps police seize your computer and track this discussion we have had on the matter back to you.  Whats to keep the judge from allowing this convo to be entered in as evidence against you?  This could be pretty incriminating against you..

just saying...  Shoot first ask question later in not always the answer to a home invasion...  its not the wild west, use discretion and responsibility when handling a fire-arm.  ALWAYS.  if u don't know that then you have no right to own a gun.

Some people are weak and restrain themselves to morality and let sensibilities, emotions, and other things distract themselves from the bigger picture. You're putting criminals above yourself, think about how self-destructive and masochistic that is. I have my computer locked down tight and it would take 20 years for the FBI, NSA, or whoever to build the technology needed to break through my computers and servers.

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123416Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll