How to prevent getting keyloggedYour d2jsp account is under your responsibility, so if you lose your account, d2jsp will not refund your fg or items.
- How to prevent getting keylogged
- Phishing links
- How to clean your computer of keyloggers/spyware
- How to restore your account status
- Avoiding security risks
There are some rules you can follow:
- Do not use your MSN/AIM on d2jsp. If you do this, change this now. Use another email you do not use on any other website, also use one that does not give your nickname or your real name.
- USE A REAL PASSWORD!!! john // nhoj Is not a good password. Here you can see a good password: John // dezZr3z@o2~
- Do not use any 3rd party hack software, map hack, bots and other. You can get a trojan/keylogger while downloading these "hacks".
- Do not use your d2jsp password on any other website/forum.
- Scan your computer for malware regularly.
- Do not give your password to any one, beware of your little brother who can do anything with your account!
- Do not click on links in d2jsp threads unless you know the site you are being directed to.
- Hackers tend to disguise links that are 1-2 letters different from the legit site.
- Report suspicious PM's to the mod team AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
- When using emails, don't open any unnecessary attachments, and avoid reading emails with pictures. Don't follow any links to websites that you don't know.
- Avoid downloading warez or using crack software, these are often full of trojans and spyware and not only are they ILLEGAL.
- Always read file extensions, a simple text file might turn out to be a awful trojan. .txt, .csv, .gif, .jpg, .mp3 files are safe but .doc, .xls, .exe, and even .htm can all carry harmful risks.
- Don't accept files through MSN/AIM or any other messenger, especially zipped or rar files, these can carry viruses.
- Always keep a backup of all important data.
- Remember, viruses can spread through networks so keep your COMPLETE network clean.
- Don't ever skip a virus scan, they are scheduled for a reason.
If you follow these rules, you will probably never get "hacked".Phishing links
Phishing link: phishing is an attempt to criminally acquire sensitive information, such as user names, passwords and credit card details by making fake links to already existing sites. It is the most commonly used method on these "free giveaway", or "I'm quitting, free items" type sites.
A phishing link will always have a different URL (internet address) than the "real" link. Example: instead of www.d2jsp.org it will be www-d2jsp-org, notice it's not dots. Always check the URL in the address bar of your browser very carefully, and make sure you are on the correct site. If a site is requesting you to login to do something, close the browser and go back to that site by manually typing the known real address to ensure you are on the real site! If a site is giving away something free, but requires a login, it's probably trying to steal your account(s)!
You need to pay special attention whenever you see "Free Giveaways" that requires you to login to get what is being given away. These are almost always designed and used to steal your account(s). Never put in your information on these pages, even if it looks like d2jsp, battle.net or any other known site. Some sites are created with the sole purpose of stealing accounts, with no other purpose!PM A MODERATOR AS FAST AS YOU CAN TO TAKE CARE OF THESE
and do NOT quote the link saying reported or any such thing.
Any link that makes you log into the site is a scam to steal your account.
** Note: the site www.d2jsp.com is property of d2jsp.How to clean your computer of keyloggers/spyware
Before telling you how to get rid of them, please remember to change all your personal information after
you got rid of them.
If you bought something with a credit card, call the company right now.
Do it for everything that is personal information, including passwords
. For d2jsp related information, see the section "How to restore your account status" below.
The best way to remove them is to format.
- Insert your Windows CD in your computer and restart it.
- Follow Microsoft's steps and it will be done in few minutes.
You can also clean it with some free
anti-virus or website that allow you to scan a specific file: Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware
Link to download: http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?tag=dl.1&cdlPid=10876030
Step to using Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware:
- Install it/Do the update.
- Perform a quick or full scan.
** Note: This is the better freeware here, in my opinion.Spybot Search & Destroy
Link to Download: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
Steps to using Spybot S&D:
- After first installing, Spy-Bot will ask you to run through a series of seven steps (backing up your registry, installing updates, etc.). Complete these seven steps and the program is ready to use.
- To install updates in the future, simply click the update tab and select the files you would like to download. Note: I recommend downloading all new "Detection Files" and "Main Updates" while the other files aren't really needed.
- After any updates, click on the Immunize tab and click the green plus. This will apply the new updates.
- To run a scan, simply return to the main screen and select "Check for Problems".
** Note: SpybotS&D will also find tracking cookies. You can delete these, but don't be alarmed, they are rarely harmful to your computer.Ad-Aware Personal
Link to Download: http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-2007/3000-8022_4-10045910.html?part=dl-ad-aware&subj=dl&tag=top5&cdlpid=10045910
Ad-Aware is similar to Spybot S&D, but multiple programs have different detection algorithms so it is a good idea to have at least two. I have not used Ad-Aware, but from watching friends it is very user friendly.
Steps to using Ad-Aware:
It really couldn't get any simpler. Click Update to update your list of malicious files and search to find them! You can specify the details of your search to fit your preferences.AVG Anti-Virus
Link to Download: http://www.download.com/AVG-Anti-Virus-Free-Edition/3000-2239_4-10320142.html?part=dl-AVGAntiVir&subj=dl&tag=button&cdlpid=10760089
** Note: Many people believe this to be excellent free anti-virus software. I have never used it, and I cannot vouch for it. If you are interested in using this system, research it first.ZoneAlarm (for more experienced Windows users)
Link to Download: http://download.cnet.com/ZoneAlarm/3000-10435_4-10039884.html?part=dl-69168&subj=dl&tag=button
** Note: You should download this program only if you have some basic (or better) computer knowledge. ZoneAlarm is a firewall program and blocks ALL traffic on your PC. It will prompt you each time a new or "untrusted" program requires access to sensitive files or the internet. You can customize a list of programs that will always have access, but this program is not for the beginner.
Steps to using ZoneAlarm:
virustotal and virscan
- After installing ZoneAlarm, there will be an icon in the lower, right-hand corner of your screen. Right-click it and select "Restore ZoneAlarm Control Center."
- Navigate to the "Program Control Tab" and then open the "Programs" Tab. This shows a list of all programs cleared for Trusted and internet access. Here you can block or always allow programs access to these areas.
ZoneAlarm will also prompt you each time a new program tries to access these areas and you can simply select the "Always Allow" check box that comes up.
- In the "Firewall" tab, make sure both settings are set to "high"
- In the "Alerts & Logs Tab" turn off informational alerts (the only option in this tab).
** Note: These are websites to scan specific file. I suggest you to get a real anti-virus and only use those if needed.
- Click on one of the following link:
- Upload the file you want to be scanned
- You will have the result in a few minutes
Remember those anti-virus are free
so they are not the better on the market.
I recommend Kaspersky 7.0, I used it for few years now and never had a virus during this time.How to restore your account status
First of all, you are the one who got keylogged so don't blame any user on this website.
If you have been keylogged, use the information in the previous section to rid your computer of malware before
logging into d2jsp and doing any of the following. If there are keyloggers still on your computer, you are still providing information to the hacker.Changing your forum password and forum gold password
It is highly recommended to change your passwords to ensure that the person who keylogged you no longer has access to your d2jsp account.
You can reset your passwords with the following links in the left menu of your Settings
.Change PasswordChange Gold PasswordIf the hacker changed your forum password and/or gold password
If you don't know your current password, you won't be able to change it. If you still have access to your registered email account, you can request a password reset on the respective "Change Password" link above.
** Note: if you lost access to your registered email address, you will need to use the account recovery form (see below).Recovering your d2jsp account
If the hacker changed your registered email address, you can use this form to recover the account: http://forums.d2jsp.org/recovery.php
** Note: if you get no reply to your account recovery request for a long time, you can try to get help here: http://forums.d2jsp.org/contact.phpChanging the password to your registered email account
You should also change the password to your registered email account, since it can be used to regain access to your d2jsp account.If you got warned
You will need to follow the normal warn removal process: The Warn System
.If you got locked and/or scammer tagged
Read the How Do I Get Unlocked?
topic and post in the Why Am I Locked?
forum. I lost XXX forum gold
Check your gold logs and post in the Scammer Accusations
forum. You might not get your fg back, but you will help the moderators catch the user who keylogged you.Avoiding security risksThe Risks:Virus:
A computer virus is a computer program that can copy itself and infect a computer without permission or knowledge of the user.Trojans:
Trojans are programs that install themselves or run on the victims machine. They do not install or run automatically, but may trick a user to install or run the infected file/program.Worms:
A computer worm is a self-replicating computer program, similar to a computer virus. A virus attaches itself to, and becomes part of, another executable program however, a worm is self-contained and does not need to be part of another program to propagate itself. They are often designed to exploit the file transmission capabilities found on many computers.Spyware:
Spyware is computer software that collects personal information about users without their informed approval. Personal information is secretly recorded with a variety of techniques, including logging keystrokes, recording Internet web browsing history, and scanning documents on the computer's hard disk.Keyloggers:
Keystroke logging (alot of the time called keylogging) is a diagnostic tool used in software development that captures the user's keystrokes. Keyloggers are widely available on the Internet [so be very carefull] and can be used by private parties to spy on the computer usage of others.
In addition to following the advice in the section "How to avoid getting keylogged" above, you can use various security software to protect your computer from getting infected with malware.Firewalls:The First thing
for protecting yourself is with a firewall, they are a security device which is made to permit, deny or proxy data connections set and configured by the organization's security policy. They disable the transmission of data without the users permission as well as stop an unauthorized user gaining access to your computer.
Windows has a firewall, but some things it cannot detect. That is the reason why we use real firewalls.http://www.download.com/ZoneAlarm-Firewall-Windows-2000-XP-/3000-10435_4-10039884.html?tag=lst-7http://www.download.com/Comodo-Firewall-Pro/3000-10435_4-10460704.html?tag=lst-8
There is A LOT more than this, if you browse http://www.download.com
, you will find many more.Anti-spyware:Just because you have a firewall, don't think for a second you're safe.
Firewalls block a lot of things but for the things that do get into your computer you're going to need an anti-spyware program that can kill the spyware on your system.
Things like spyware are obtained from a range of sources including emails, and websites especially those adult ones. Below is a list of anti-spyware to destroy these nasty files.http://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-Destroy/3000-8022_4-10122137.html?tag=lst-1Anti-viruses:
Now you have 2 of the 3 components to protect your computer, let's get the last component. Anti-viruses!http://www.download.com/AVG-Anti-Virus-Free-Edition/3000-2239_4-10320142.html?tag=lst-3http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-2007/3000-8022_4-10045910.html?tag=lst-1http://www.download.com/Avira-AntiVir-PersonalEdition-Classic/3000-2239_4-10322935.html?tag=lst-1Once you have all these, your computer is protected. You SHOULDN'T get any viruses and if you do, if you scan your computer often, you should pick those viruses up.