d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > [guide]tristram Smiter Crap Stuff And No Life Tap
1238Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 57,403.50
Jul 20 2007 07:01am
Hi people ,
I have already published this guide one year ago in a french forum , but someone have copied idea of
this build and is trying to sell a guide for money on a D2 shop item omg ranting.gif , some friends have suggested to me
to translate in english to cut this shitty business , that's what i do .

The princip of this build is to turn ‘ life tap ’, which is a defensive curse , into the favourite offensive curse of melee players : Amplify damages . Ubers got a 50% damage reduce (only 20% dr for mephi) , with Amplify damages it will decrease to – 50%. Thus you will increase by three times your damages . It may be note that this is only for doing tristram runs alone. This build is not efficient for pvm.

But how staying alive without life tap ?
The answer comes from ubers’s summons , which are mostly casters using fire ( pit lord from diablo and himself, Lord goule from baal and even some wizards from mephisto). Using the amulet Rising Sun is efficient enough to stay alive without life leech . Indeed fire absorbtion given by Rising Sun will make you heal with fire attacks.

So , build is very simple and very cheap :

EQUIPMENT
Weapon : Lacerator

Shield : sacred targe or rondache with some all resist , socketed with perfect gems to have the good resistances

Helm : guillaum socketed 15 ias

Armor : shaft socketed 15 ias

Belt : thunder god

Boots : goblin toe

Gloves : hellmouth

Ring : 2 raven ( better dext , ar useless ofc ^^ )

Amu : rising sun

Iventory : Take all crappy charms you have on your mules ( life , strengh , dext and resist ) , and one offensive naked skiller to have conviction lvl 21 (for cancel meph conviction on you)

SKILLS :

20 smite
20 holy shield
20 conviction
all the rest in fanatism

STATS :
strengh : 110 to wear thunder god /hellmouth
dext : enough for 75% block
life : the rest ofc

RESIST : 75%cold , 80%light , 75%poison and about 30% in fire , not more ( to optimize the valor of fire resistance , it would be necessary to know exacts damages of tristram monsters )

Gameplay is easy :

Enter, kill, leave ^^.

Seriously, activate Holy Shield and conviction, run in the middle of Tristram bypassing the first house. When invocations start to spawn, it's won, lock Mephisto with smite ( you can switch conviction to fanatism when he's dead ), then Baal, finally Diablo.
Don't move to much in order to be hit by fireballs, walls, storms and other infernos in the head.
Your bubble of life plays yo-yo , soon we think we're gonna die, it goes up again, then goes down again, but the God of the Rising Sun is protecting us tongue.gif .

For information, my paladin is level 76, 1250 life, I died one the first run because I wasn't near enough invocations , but the 10 other runs were done easily, sometimes it's close but it's ok and very fun.

Of course you can adapt the principle of fire absorb/lacerator with a paladin who's got big weapon in switch in order to boost again damages, but the switched shield must have the same resistances.

Have fun with this build wink.gif

Here's a video http://video.google.fr/videoplay?docid=7087309357399889748

Great thanx to Del and _Prometheus_ from judgehype who have made essential of the translation , thx to Le-bref and ehfull for support .
Gold: 0.00
Jul 21 2007 11:07am
seems to be quite nice but lt>abs so izi^^

perso my smiter is

exil st eth bug 45@
coh ap
kira 85@ sock 15/15
dungo
raven 2xx/20
raven 2xx/20
lw pb
highlord
gore upg
cta/spirit

torch/ani

i get 3k life in self bo i do trist in around 30-40 sec^^ i love this build coz gozu dmg so very fast kill; gozu resist i stay on fana under conviction and always maxx resist wink.gif and pretty life so i never drink with lt wink.gif the only prob is baal mana burn i take some sec more ^^

sinn l'idée est pas mal mais bon je vais pas remonté un pala juste pour UT^^

This post was edited by omegapvp on Jul 21 2007 11:08am
Banned
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 50%
Jul 21 2007 11:10am
seems ok.
Gold: 7,592.02
Jul 21 2007 11:37am
I agree this is crappy gear.. But it works! A bit slow, but still!

Good idea with the fire sorb smile.gif You could also carry a lifetap wand, or just a pair of Dracs should do, not too expensive wink.gif

My smiter :

Helm : Coa / Guillaume's Face
Amulet : Highlord
Weapon : Lastwish Pb 70% Cb / 399 Grief Pb in Stash
Armor : Ap Coh
Shield : 1.5k 45res Eth Vortex Exile
Gloves : Dracs
Ring : Raven Frost
Belt : 15% DR Dungo's
Boots : Gores

+ Life/Res Charms

Some people prefer Grief Pb instead of Lastwish, but let's face it..

Grief = Good Dmg.. Ok..

Lastwish = Gfg Lifetap (Cast in 5 hits or less), Fade (No need for conviction aura, I easily get perfect Light resists with Meph's Conviction), Gg CB%, Ignore Target's Defense, Prevent Monster from heal, and Might which is also good

Anyway.. Nice build smile.gif

This post was edited by twizt3d on Jul 21 2007 11:42am
Banned
Gold: 320.00
Jul 21 2007 11:43am
i dont know if i'd trust that absorb thiny..... =/
Gold: 8,075.87
Jul 21 2007 01:50pm
actually sounds so lame that i'll give it a try biggrin.gif
Gold: 5.00
Jul 21 2007 02:07pm
LU RYGAR
Gold: 36,570.00
Jul 21 2007 02:09pm
Quote (twizt3d @ Sat, Jul 21 2007, 05:37pm)

Good idea with the fire sorb smile.gif You could also carry a lifetap wand, or just a pair of Dracs should do, not too expensive wink.gif

My smiter :

+ Life/Res Charms

Grief = Good Dmg.. Ok..

Lastwish = Gfg Lifetap (Cast in 5 hits or less), Fade (No need for conviction aura, I easily get perfect Light resists with Meph's Conviction), Gg CB%, Ignore Target's Defense, Prevent Monster from heal, and Might which is also good

i think u forget it should be chaep build sir...

Gold: 57,403.50
Jul 22 2007 06:13am
Quote (omegapvp @ Sat, Jul 21 2007, 05:07pm)
seems to be quite nice but lt>abs so izi^^

perso my smiter is

exil st eth bug 45@
coh ap
kira 85@ sock 15/15
dungo
raven 2xx/20
raven 2xx/20
lw pb
highlord
gore upg
cta/spirit

torch/ani

i get 3k life in self bo i do trist in around 30-40 sec^^ i love this build coz gozu dmg so very fast kill; gozu resist i stay on fana under conviction and always maxx resist wink.gif and pretty life so i never drink with lt wink.gif the only prob is baal mana burn i take some sec more ^^

sinn l'idée est pas mal mais bon je vais pas remonté un pala juste pour UT^^

Yes you can easy kill them with godly stuff , but adapt the principle of amplify/absord instead of life tap on a pala big stuff , and you will beat your record ^^
merci wink.gif

Quote (twizt3d @ Sat, Jul 21 2007, 05:37pm)

My smiter :

+ Life/Res Charms

Grief = Good Dmg.. Ok..

Yes you can have life tap+ absorb to be totally immortal ,but the idea of the build is to optimize damage with crap stuff ^^
Thx for gz
Quote (Koren @ Sat, Jul 21 2007, 08:07pm)
LU RYGAR

Hi koren ^^

Quote (mardiorama @ Sat, Jul 21 2007, 05:43pm)
i dont know if i'd trust that absorb thiny..... =/

If you don't trust absorb , just ask to a barb bo you , and it will be 100% safe

This post was edited by Staros on Jul 22 2007 06:22am
Gold: 8,075.87
Jul 23 2007 04:23pm
problem: vs organ monsters... biggrin.gif

but ok, u said tristram smiter
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
1238Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll