d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > The Chaoser Necromancer Guide > A guide to Own with a necro pvm
12311Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,439.00
Jun 13 2007 10:31am
0. Intro:

Hi, im onion. First of all im sure you will excuse me for my grammar or spelling faults since im not english .

1. The Guide:

This is a deep-explained guide that will allow you to make a reliable necro to do chaos sanctuary runs [and every single thing at pvm, ofc] with your eyes closed.

Those are the points ill explain:

1. the guide

2. the character:
... 2.1 equip
... .... 2.1.1 the mercenary
... 2.2 stats
... 2.3 skills

2. how to use it

2. THE CHARACTER:

This is an all around necro. A mix of boner, artillery and curser. Its really fun to play with it if you are tired on doing hammerdin runs or java that require a 30 iq to play with.
I dont recommend you this char if you are new to the game or if you are not rich enough to afford items, ofc

Good things about this necro:

* Its funny all around, using a lot of skills at the same time is addictive. [not like using just right click with javazones f.e]
* Playing softcore with hardcore sensation is great! [ill explain you later why]
* He does own at soloing or partying people on pvm.
* A pvmer Necro that does not cause lag!!
* Total different char, if you are tired of playing the same ones.
* He does not require any specific items to use it [you can recicle some things im sure you have on your invents!]
* If you do party games with your friends [no matter if cs, cow, or baals] they'll find this necro the best supporter they can imagine, no matter which char are they using.
*... read and you will find way more things below!!

Ill explain all his skills below, now im going with:

2.1 Equip [1*]:

1*this is the one and most perfect, i recommend to use. Goes with:

Helmets:

a) Shako *[141 def ideal]: Shako is still my favourite choice here. Why?: Insane mana add, Insane life add, Nice dmg red [very important since we all know necros vit is low and death lords can really hit on you if you have an amplify damage casted on your backs] and, ofc, +2 all skills that ups your bo nicely. The socketing is up to you: i'll leave here some options depending on your final needs: um or ber will do ok, jah, ist and cham are always options [sur is not recommended since youll never in your life need mana]. 7fhr/9dex/9str/adds jewel is also a nice jewell for rich people . Magic find is always a NICE mod for pvm, dont you think?

nice alternatives are:

Nice Necro circlet with these mods as a must: +2 ALL necro skills [3 specific are not welcome, since as i've told you this is an all around necro], 20 faster cast rate, XX strengh [life, mana and/or resis are nice mods]
[sexy thing but once again you lose insane mana/life and boo, as some mf what are the most important things on pvm].

c) Coa 2 sox: Damage reduction, resis, +1 all sk... always a beauty thing to wear on [you lose mf, mana, life though... and since you are a teleported and pvm monster IA is pretty low you wont need that paranoid dr. its really expensive, btw].

Amulets:
Why n
a) Mara's Caleidoscope *[30@ resistances ideal]: 2 all skills [+life again], beauty resis always important on pvm, +2 atribs always welcome

a nice alternative is:

Crafted one: +2 ALL necro, 10+ fcr [will allow you to reach the 9th frame], XX str [life, mana, and resis awesome mods too] Why do i not suggest this? Spending +300 fg for a pvm necro amulet would make you mad at my eyes, but hey! its up to you!

Weapons:

a) Hoto [Heart Of The Oak runeword] *[ethereal with 40 @ resistances ideal]: Why? Why not is the question! 40@ resis are basic for pvm if you dont use them on armor [this case], +15 % to max mana, +40% faster cast rate!, +10 dexterity, +3 all skills [useful since you will use nearly every single skill]... awesome all over and pretty cheap nowadays.

a nice alternative is:

White on necro wand: [+3 bone skills as base [ decrepitation, Lower resist or revives are nice mods] will make you hold a +8 to bone spear that will deal way more damage than hoto]. too bad you lose 40 resis you'll have to recover somehow, and 20 fcr, and mana... but still usable i guess.

Armors:

a) [and only possible] Enigma [runeword] on a low strength req armor *[ 15ed/15ed mageplate +775def would be ideal]: the one and only. without this on your hands go making another character. its simply not possible.
TELEPORTING adquired skill, +2 all skills [more bo!], insane strength add per level, sexy magic find rate, life after kill, damage reduced, +5% life... Sexy all on it.

Belt:

a) arach *[120ed ideal]: the perfect belt for us: +20 faster cast rate, +5% max mana, slowers targets +1 all skills! [again more bo!]. Find something useless there.

Other nice options are:

verdungos belt: sexy belt. always. anything that packs 40 VITALITY [not life] and 15 damage red is always sexy. arach has more interesting mods for this char, though.

thundergod's vigor: interesting. would be poor man's choice but still works. +20 vitality and +20 str with light absorb is always usefull.

Shield:

a) [and only again] Spirit [Runeword] *[+35% fcr, 112mana, +8 ma is ideal]: +2 all skills [ups all tree skills branches], +35 fcr, +55 fast hit recovery [important, this is your main source], +35% all but fire resistances, mana, life... yeah it rocks. the shield for every single caster in game.

No other options. [sorry]

Rings:

Pick one of this combos, depending on your needs:

a) Bulkathos ring [no matter how much ll, ofc] is sexy because +1 @ skills and 50 more life [use from 0 to 2 units]
a') Stone of Jordan [soj] for the +1 @ skills mainly, since as i've told you, you will never ever need mana. [use from 0 to 2 units]
a'') Rare ring with: +10 faster cast rate, XX strenght, XX @ resis [or +2X fire resistances to suply the fire lack resistance on spirit] and life/mana as nice mods always.

Gloves:

a) Trang Ouls' Set: +2 to curses, +20 fcr, +30 cold resistance. Perfect. The one and only. Cheap as nice add.

Boots:

a') Sandstorm Trecks *[ethereal ones, 170%ed, +15 strenght, +15 dexterity ideal]: all mentioned on description and +20% fast hit recovery and +20 fast run walk!! sexy.

A nice alternative is:

War travelers [50mf ideal]: just to improve your magic find rate [they also provide strength and vitality ]

Weapon/Shield switch:

a) Call to arms [runeword] *[6/6/4 ideal on eth flail for fetichists] all together with an Ethereal Spirit on Monarch Shield [any will do here, only need the skills] : this combo is BASIC to guarantee a long survivance on you and your friends/minions.

Inventory:

* 1 annihilus charm the most perf possible *[20/20/10]
* 1 necro torch *[3/20/20]
* 6 poison & bone skillers *[+35 life will be nice]
* 7 scs with nice mods [20life, and resis are wellcome]
* 1 tp book
* 1 identify book
* 8 empty slots for finds.

2.1.1 Mercenary

Act 2 HELL DEFENSIVE mercenary [defiance aura]:

*We dont want holy freeze NEVER. We need the corpses.

Equip:

*Andy Face *[ethereal, raled ideal]: life leech +2 all skills, + 2X str...

*Forty Armor *[ Eth bugged +3k defense plz]: resis, ed, +life, insane physical defense...

*Weapon:

a) Infinity *[ethereal]: nice for team support. it will improve your corpse explosion dmg [it has 1/3 of fire dmg] or any other sexy weapon you think about but:

*NO DOOM: we dont want to frozen targets.
*NO OTHER MERC WITH FANATISM: ill explain why later.
*NO INSIGHT: ill explain why later.

thats all,

WITH THIS EQUIP WE WILL REACH ALL THESE IMPORTANT GOALS:

* Max Fast Cast Rate on necro [ the 9th frame, 125 fcr ]: just using the above mentioned hoto [40], arach [20], trang oul gloves [20], spirit monarch [35] and the rare ring [+10fcr]
* The 3rd better Fast Hit Recovery on necromancers [first is simply a stupid thing to go for]: 5th frame with the spirit monarch [55] and Sandstorm Trecks [20]. if you go for the war travelers, 2 5fhr/5@ res scs will do.
* All resistances maxed on hell:[75@] anya quests [30], hoto [40], maras [30], spirit [35-fire], trang gloves [30cr], rare ring [fire res or +10@], torch [20], annihilus [20] that makes you only using some charms 20 life/ X fire res or
5fhr/5@res scs to solve 35-25 fire res you left on hell.
* 7k defense points
~ 5k damage with bone spear, insane damage with corpse explosion
+3k life

2.2 Stats:

every necromancer starts with these stats:

Strength -->15
Dexterity -->25
Vitality -->15
Energie -->25

how many will you have to spend here?: note: only start spending points here when you are 85+ lvl [yeah you need to get rushed for perfect designing]

lets make some adds:

Strength: the highest str req item you will have on is a spirit monarch [156 str req]; so:
15 base +20 torch +20 anni + 2 maras +2 shako +XX ring = ~70 str icon_pointr.gif even not holding perf stats annihilus or torch youll reach the 65 str req to hold enigma and getting your str bumped.
icon_pointr.gif then you equip the trecks [+15 str] icon_pointr.gif at a decent level like 85 enigma will suply you +6X strenght so if we add all: 70+15+60 =145 str without expending any points here
icon_pointr.gif Spirit monarch is 156 so we will just spend here around 10-20 max str points

Dexterity: Pvm character icon_pointr.gif if you spend any point here just delete the char after doing that. icon_pointr.gif 0 dex points

Vita: Aaaaaall the other points here [it means nearly every stat points but 10-20 ]

Energy: icon_pointr.gif 0 [nice mana from items + nice mana per level + infinite mana source = hit on your head if you spend anything here]

2.3 Skill Points:

Curse Tree [7 points here]:

1 point in every single skill but the 3 of the left branch

Summon Tree [9 points here]:

1 point per skill BUT fire golem will do [equip will do rest]

i'll explain this tree on the next section: how to play?

Poison and bone Tree [rest of the points points here]:

+20 bone spear icon_pointr.gif your main attack [always on left click button] [around 5k magic damage [no inmunes to that]]
+20 teeth icon_pointr.gif synergie
+20 bone spirit icon_pointr.gif alternative attack and synergie
+1X bone prison icon_pointr.gif synergie
+1 bone armor prerequisite nice defensive spell
+1 bone wall prereq
+1 corpse explosion your other main attack

according to this your necro will be nearly finished at level 8X

where to spend the lefting points? :

i'd say on corpse explosion rather than on maxing a synergie. Corpse explosion range increases per lvl and this is your main attack all along with bone spear. bone armor or synergies are allways nice options [defensive-paranoid or boss killing]

3. HOW TO PLAY?

well, we start the part we your skills at this are required:

1. your basic piece here, your queen, is the iron golem:

You will cast your golem from an insight voulge. He will support you infinite mana since this necro is a constant mana burner. he's the main secret of this build.
this golem has no problems staying alive if you spend one point at "increasing summons resistance"and cast your bos on it, he'll reach the +3 k life easily. all along with your teleport he's pretty undestructible unless:

your iron golems [things you should do or avoid]:

*Teleporting in a souls crowded place is always dangerous. It is doing it in ther center of lord the seis and minions with an amplify dmg curse on your backs.

*The golem will last forever. From game to game. But if you die he dies with you!. Watch out for your life! [this is the part similar to hardcore]

*Iron Maiden curse. Thats why you want to do the insight the crappiest thing you can. Lower dmg and lower speed one like a voulge will make your golem inmune to iron maiden curse [you dont need his dmg as it is ridiculous on hell]

IF YOUR GOLEM DIES GO RECAST IT. THIS NECRO BURNS MANA CONSTANTLY. YOU CAN TRADE FOR LOW INSIGHTS FOR 2-5 FG AT JSP.

2. After your golem is casted and your merc and you are set up its time for some action:

go out and cast your bo. then a nice option [not needed] is going to frigid and shenk, rape them and a rise some skellies [youll be able to summon 8 skelletons with equip only, what is more than enough. dont summon mages...].

3. Serious pvm:

ok the mecanism is pretty simple but youll need a good key set up:

first you cast AMPLIFY DAMAGE on a mess of monsters. your minions will wall and kill minions while you are at that. you will use your bone spear attack on that moment. once just one or two of the minions are down, youll just use corpse boom no-stop and with the HUGE range amp dmg has affected, watch masses of monsters falling in groups on your sides.

some usefull tips and tricks:

when partying javazones: use lower resist and be ready to watch the quickest diaruns on earth.

NOTE: YOU WILL SUPPLY MANA WITH YOUR GOLEM FOR THE REST OF THE GROUP SO ASK PHOENIX USERS LIKE HAMMERDINS AND JAVAZONES TO USE THEIR ZAKARUMS OR JMODS TO DEAL INSANE DAMAGE.

we use decreptitacion on single targets only, and bosses like diablo or baal. its also good to cast it on lord de seis and their hyperactive friends if you are soloing.

we use revives [not necesary] to tank or just for help killing final bosses. We revive the last amount of corpses we've killed before facing a boss.

4. My keys set up: i post it here the set up that better works to me.

SHIFT [left one] stand while attacking
A teleport
S corpse explosion
D amplify dmg
F bone armor
Z lower resistances
X decrepitation

F1 rise skelleton
F2 revives
F3 bone prison [desperation moments]
F6 bo +sk
F7 bo +life
F8 town portals

WE NEVER USE A HOTKEY TO ANY KIND OF GOLEM. A BAD CLICK COULD MAKE YOU RECAST IRON GOLEM ON A RANDOM CRAPPY THING OR CASTING CLAY GOLEM KILLING YOURS.

OK mates this is all

feel free for asking whatever or rating it.

hope you like and enjoy this awesome character.

--onion

This post was edited by onion on Jun 13 2007 10:38am
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jun 13 2007 10:36am
ive played along side this necro in hell cs runs and it is awesome

10/10 for this char from me
Gold: 6,151.00
Jun 13 2007 11:17am
you can also get a few free skellies at pindle's portal (it takes them like 15 sec before they wake up)
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 13 2007 11:25am
Quote (i_rule_d2 @ Wed, Jun 13 2007, 04:36pm)
it is awesome

Gold: 385.00
Jun 13 2007 11:27am
this sounds alot like my necr but youre missing 1 thing dude why use spirit monarch when there is darkforce spawn. i got 3 smon/ 3 pnb um'd one has 30%cast, 400 def, cant b beat. i tried insite golems i got sick of it dying so i just insight cv on mighty merc so he pokes for at least 5.5k, defience didnt do much for me. i like havin golem out of a IK maul or something else with 40%+ crush for killing baal. and i gotta wonder how u get 5k spears with out maxing the last one that is a bit off unless u use white wand. id just max bonewall or prison since it helps u bone armor, and wit mass pnb gcs youre ce is huge anyway..
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jun 13 2007 11:34am
this what the 50th summon necro guide ?
Gold: 299.18
Jun 13 2007 12:07pm
Quote (pugna @ Wed, 13 Jun 2007, 20:27)
this sounds alot like my necr but youre missing 1 thing dude why use spirit monarch when there is darkforce spawn. i got 3 smon/ 3 pnb um'd one has 30%cast, 400 def, cant b beat. i tried insite golems i got sick of it dying so i just insight cv on mighty merc so he pokes for at least 5.5k, defience didnt do much for me. i like havin golem out of a IK maul or something else with 40%+ crush for killing baal. and i gotta wonder how u get 5k spears with out maxing the last one that is a bit off unless u use white wand. id just max bonewall or prison since it helps u bone armor, and wit mass pnb gcs youre ce is huge anyway..

darkforce sucks
it just sucks
very big time
fhr and that 5 more fcr on spirit makes it 100x better
1 more skill doesnt matter, neither does def

For OP:
Very nice guide wink.gif
I might try it sometimes

This post was edited by tudey on Jun 13 2007 12:09pm
Jun 13 2007 01:54pm
ty for your positive rates mates tongue.gif

ill answer all your questions in a few minutes. have some things to do smile.gif

go on rating it plz!!
Gold: 751.10
Jun 13 2007 02:22pm
nice build m8
seen you playing with
big fun char for cs biggrin.gif
and pwns also verry good biggrin.gif
Jun 13 2007 02:52pm
Quote (Tombstonee @ Wed, Jun 13 2007, 05:34pm)
this what the 50th summon necro guide ?

/squelch

Quote (pugna @ Wed, Jun 13 2007, 05:27pm)

a) i'll tell you why using spirit instead of darkforce:

1. 55 fhr is more important than: 0.01 k life on your golem, 0,2 k dmg on your spear or 0.5 more radius on ampf dmg curse.

2. 30-35 fcr makes a GREAT DIFFERENCE, since you wont be able to reach de 125 fcr breakpoint.

3. you lose huge mana

4. you lose huge life

cool.gif casting golem: insight is basic for this build. if you use it on merc: 1) your merc will always deal dmg enought to be constantly dying on chaos sanctuary by killing himself. 2) lose the effect of the infinity or pride aura that your merc will have.
i also said this character requires some skill to play it [your golem should die once in a large while, or never if you cast it on a voulge and you never die] please read better before rating any point...

Quote (xOxOxOxO @ Wed, Jun 13 2007, 05:25pm)
Quote (i_rule_d2 @ Wed, Jun 13 2007, 04:36pm)
it is awesome

ty very much mate tongue.gif

Quote (Leohappy @ Wed, Jun 13 2007, 05:17pm)
you can also get a few free skellies at pindle's portal (it takes them like 15 sec before they wake up)

very useful advice mate, ill add it on guide now smile.gif

Quote (tudey @ Wed, Jun 13 2007, 06:07pm)

For OP:
Very nice guide wink.gif
I might try it sometimes

ty tongue.gif

This post was edited by onion on Jun 13 2007 02:53pm
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12311Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll