d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Glitch Rush Guide > Step By Step Procedure
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 671.00
Jun 1 2007 07:41am
Ok we do alot of these in Essex so im going to give a try at writing a guide so people know exactly how we roll smile.gif

Basic Information:
A grush is moving a low level char usually level 1 through all the acts up to act4 or 5 in Hell. The trick to doing this is you need a level 20 char to "Glitch" you past the Normal Baal Quest then you need a level 40 char to "Glitch" you past the Nightmare Baal Quest you can also use a level 40 char that has yet to beat Normal Baal to "Glitch" you past both Baal Quests. The reason this works is they are getting credit for the quest and as long as your in town and partied with them you will receive credit also without even having to enter the worldstone chamber.

Rushing Char:
I prefer my hammerdin to to the fact that with is fast cast abilitie he is the quickest teleporter I have and I am extremely familiar with his play style so that he is alot faster than my other toons. Any char type can really work as long as your able to solo all the bosses on all the acts which really dosnt get to hard until Hell. The only standard thing I would suggest is whichever character you use get an Act2 Merc and put an insight on them to insure you have mana at all times. (Granted he will die during Act4 but the other 4 acts will go alot smoother with this merc.)

Getting Started:
The first thing I usually do is to inform everyone to stay near any tp I make unless I say differently the loot is sub standard at best and really not worth the delay it takes for them to walk through town to retreive there body after dieing in one hit from some random mob in the event that they do die near a TP they need to remain dead until the quest is completed then go and retrieve there body even though it should be there responsibilitie to know this a good Rusher is on top of every situation and should know when someone is remaining dead. Secondly there is another glitch of sort that helps with rushing a full group of people. Only one person needs to be present for all the quests the rest can stay in town as long as there partied up. All that is required of them is to travel to the next zone when the time comes. The only exception is Act3 where they will need to enter Mephisto's Chamber to enter the Red Portal After His Death.

All information is the same for all three Difficulties the only thing that changes is the level of the Glitch char you need as mentioned above and you only need to get the Horadric Cube in normal.

Act1
Waypoints Needed:
Catacombs Level 2

Procedure:
Just teleport to Andarials chamber some people put a tp right next to the staircase that you come down in the left corner I prefer to teleport up to the barrels were the Carvers and Shaman are and kill them then make the tp so that there a little closer to Andy yet still out of the line of fire. Once at least one of them enters the portal (Not the level 20 or 40 Glitcher) go and kill andy and tell everyone to goto Act2 via Warriv.

Act2
Waypoints Needed:
Halls of the Dead Level 2
Far Oasis
Lost City
Arcane Sanctuary
(Optional: Canyon of the Magi and Palace Cellars)

Procedure:
I start off by going to the Halls of the Dead and getting everyone there Horadric Cube to facilitate the creation of the staff granted you can get it in act3 off of the Council and just Loan yours to whoever is making the staff in Act2 but I feel its easier just to grab in Act2 then to have to rearrange all my charms and empty my cube to loan it to someone or to have to kill the council tell the lowbies to go to town then to reenter a new tp closer to cube to me its just as easy to teleport real quick to the Halls of Dead Cube then to go through all that hassle. To get the cube go to the Halls of the Dead Wp and go all the way to the bottom floor to the gold chest and kill all the monsters around it but do not open the chest make a tp have one of the lowbies open the chest and tell everyone to grab a cube. (This is Only Required in Normal) Then procede to the Far Oasis wp look around the map for the Maggots Lair once you have found it go all the way to the end of it and kill the Mother Maggot who is in a room with a large gold chest once again do not open the chest just kill everything in the room then make a tp when its safe then have at least one person come down the tp and grab the first part of the staff which I call the shaft once at least one of the lowbies had a staff proceed to the Lost City Wp and find the Viper temple which is always in a closed off valley of sorts go all the way to the end and youll find a snake pit with a coffin inside dont open the coffin just kill all the snakes or teleport to the coffin and make a tp and just hold off anyone that comes down the path have one of the lowbies select the coffin and grab the ammie then tell them to go in the TP and go and make the staff by putting the ammie and shaft in the cube and transmuting them once the staff is whole they need to speak with Cain then Drognan (Very Important It Frees Up Jerhyn So You Do Not Require the Cellar WP!!) once your certain they have spoken to Drognan proceed to Arcane Sanctuary and find the summoner do not kill him make a tp in a safe location about a screen away from him and ask one of the lowbies preferably the one that made the staff for you to enter the TP then proceed to kill the summoner. Once dead ask the lowbie to goto the book in the center of the room and to click on it to open the red tunnel which both of you should enter the lowbie uses the WP at the other portal to go back to town and you go forward to find Tal Rashas Chamber (Ask the Lowbies for the symbol if you dont have a MH that points it out) find the staff holder somewhere in the chamber and clear the chamber then make a tp for one of the lowbies to come down and open the door to Durial let them go in first if they die remind them to stay dead then enter the doorway and pwn Durial tell the lowbies to go talk to Tyreal in the Back Chamber then to speak with Jerhyn if for whatever reason Jerhyn is unreachable just goto the Cellar WP and backtrack to the Harem and make a tp right near the stairs and make all the lowbies go through to talk to Jerhyn. Proceed to Act3.

Act3
Waypoints Needed:
Travincal
Durance Of Hate Level 2

Procedure:
Start out by going to Travincal and teleporting (without attracting the council) to the very back zone edge directly behind the Councils Chamber clear away all the caster bastards that sometimes are in range of that area but its very important not to kill any of the council until youve made a tp and at least one of the lowbies is present. Make the TP directly behind the Councils Chamber up against the zone wall. Once they have entered teleport over into the chamber and kill all of the council members the majority is usually located inside the chamber the rest are directly outside once they are all dead have the lowbies goto town and speak with Cain then proceed to the Durance of Hate. Proceed to the 3rd level of the Durance of Hate and head towards mephistos side of the chamber about half way there is the red portal toss up the tp in the lil round area inside the channel that is directly in front of the Red Portal tell all of the lowbies to enter the tp and then proceed to Kill Mephisto once dead tell them to enter the Red Portal and proceed to Act4.

Act4
Waypoints Needed:
River of Flame

Procedure:
This act is possiblie the easiest and the hardest at the same time. You simply go to the river of flames WP and teleport to the Chaos Sanctuary during a rush I teleport all the way to the pentagram then go directly north of it and clear all the monsters within range of the column place the tp real close to the column and have at least one of the lowbies enter it and hide behind the column to keep them safe from Diablo's Flame Circle. Once there situated and theres no chance of any agroed mobs killing them proceed to do seals normal and nightmare I just teleport to the seals during hell I usually stop at the gate to Chaos Sanctuary and make a tp and just do a Chaos Run for the Experience for the lowbies. Go to each seal and press them then kill all of the monsters that spawn do all three of them then head to the pentagram to kill Diablo once he is dead have all the lowbies go and speak with Tyreal in town and proceed to Act5.

(You can stop the Rush here if the lowbies are in act4 Hell have them level up to 60 by doing Chaos runs then they can get Act4 Hell Credit Later or you can rush all the way to Hell Act5)

Act5
Waypoints Needed:
The Ancient's Way
Worldstone Keep Level 2

Procedure:
This act is one of the easier acts and fairly complicated as well this is where all the actual glitching takes place. All the lowbies besides the Glitcher just stay in town near the TP staging area and wait it out. If you have a level 40 Glitch Char in game you do not need to do the Ancients in Normal only Nightmare if you only have a level 20 Glitch Char then you need to do the Ancients Quest in both Normal and Nightmare. Proceed to the Anceint's Way way point and goto the Arreat Sumont Stairway but do not enter it make a tp before entering and ask the level 20 Glitcher to come down the TP and then up the stairs have them wait near the entrance of the stairway and go and click the altar in the middle of the 3 Ancients kill the 3 ancients then make a tp and you and the lowbie need to proceed to the Worldstone Keep. Go through the zone until you get to the Throne Room teleport right up to the throne and make a safe tp for the glitcher to enter I usually place min in the right corner on the far zone wall thats behind the actual throne and portal. Kill all of baals minions as they are spawned then enter the portal along side the Glitcher and Kill Baal Himself. All the lowbies who were waiting in town should have gotten credit for the Baal Quest and should now be able to goto Nightmare proceed to level 90!!!!

Rinse Wash Repeat for Nightmare and Hell.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 90%
Jun 1 2007 07:42am
very useful ty
Gold: 0.00
Jul 6 2007 01:38pm
really well done, very thorough.
Gold: 167,735.00
Sep 30 2007 03:07am
only thing i can tell you to improve is s/s's but other than that happy.gif
Gold: 2.00
Sep 30 2007 03:21am
well verry nice, but seriusly dont every one already know all this??
Gold: 2,819.99
Sep 30 2007 06:03am
Quote (pindelskinan @ Sun, 30 Sep 2007, 12:21)
well verry nice, but seriusly dont every one already know all this??

yeah ^^^^^^
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll