d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Lok's Pvp Fury Guide 7.0 > Updated And Whatnot
12324Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,000.00
May 31 2007 03:01pm
-Lok's PvP Fury Guide-

Spammers don't bother, after how rediculous the last guides have been, I have notifiied zackaria_dki, and he will be watching this thread. Spam / flame will result in a warn.

Section 1: Melee Dueling
Section 2: Pub / Caster Dueling

This build is geared towards getting as much life as possible, because unlike other melee attacks, (Zeal, Conc) Fury is interruptable, so you have a lot less time to swing. This is also why FHR is needed, because when you are hit you must recover fast to be able to swing again. Because you are getting hit more, the mass life keeps you alive (obviously) and the FHR keeps you going. I will show you how to save as many stats as possible to put towards vitality using certain gear / socketables.

Section 1

Gear:

Helm:

Jalals – No question. Every mod on it gets used, and I prefer to socket it with a FHR/Str/Dex jewel, saving stats for Vit.(Ed and Max are the best 3rd or 4th mods too look for.) Upped if you can get it. (Build around this over Guillas when it comes time to do your stats)

Guillaumes Face - CB, DS, FHR.

Armor:

Fortitude – The 300% Ed and the Life/Lvl are huge bonuses for this build.

4 Soc +xx Life Armor – The higher, the better. Can be socketed with Ed/Min/Stat/Max/Ar (Any combo) jewels.

Jewelry:

Highlords - +1 Skill / Deadly Strike, fairly self explanatory.

20 Dex Ravens – Cannot be frozen, 40 stats saved for Vit, lots of AR.

Angelics Ring/Ammy – ALWAYS use angelics with one raven on(if you decide to use angelics). Huge Ar/Life boosts can be gained. *See Dex in stats for info on being able to use this sucessfully.

Weapons:

The beauty of Fury Druids is the arsenal they can pack! Also take into account that in Werewolf form, the only IAS gained is that off of the weapon, and 95% is needed to reach max (4) frames.

Ebotdz – 5 Frame speed, good damage, 30 stats (I choose to not to use the 30 stats in my build so I can switch weapons and still have max block / Str for gear.

Cruels of Quickness – 4 Frame Speed, not to mention oldschool style.

Griz Caddy (3x40/15 Lo) - 4 Frame speed, 20% Deadly Strike.

Cruel/Fools/Ias Rares – If you can find one that reaches 5 frames (60% IAS), like a phase blade (30% Base) with 30 or 40 Ias on it, you'll eat Zeal/Conc. Add a Lo rune for
20% Deadly Strike.

Shael Death Cleaver - 5 Frame speed, mass Deadly Strike, decent damage, -33% TDef. Slams w/ Rends / Guillas

Shield:

Stormshield – Of course. I prefer to socket it with a FHR/Dex/Mod jewel (Ed and Max/Min are the best 3rd or 4th mods too look for.)

Gloves:

Bloodfists – FHR, Life, Min, all that good stuff. Upped or double upped if you can get them.

Steelrends - Ed / Crushing blow is always nice, throw these on with shael DC and Guillas to slam.

Belt:

Verdungos – Dr/Vita/FHR. 40 Vita 15 Dr if you can get it.

Boots:

Gore Riders – The only boots for melee. Crushing blow and all that.

Weapon Switch:

Call to Arms – For BO

Spirit Monarch - +2 Skills on your BO

Charms:

20 Stat Anni
20 Stat Druid Torch
9x Shapeshift Lifers / 36x Max/Ar/Lifers (I use both, 32020s end up being better all around, but both do the job.)
9x Max/Ar/Lifers (3/20/20's if Non Ladder)
5% Fhr/Mod Small Charm, necessary for 86% FHR (Look For Ar or Max/Life)

Stats / Skills:

Skills:

Max Fury
Max Shapeshift
Max Lycanthropy
Max Oak Sage
5 into Cyclone Armor
1 into Cyclone synergies up to Hurricane. (Adds TONS of sorb.)

You have a lot of extra skills with a Fury Druid, so you can do what you please with them. I like to put more into Cyclone Armor, and maybe 1 skill into Spirit of Wolverines. Get a bear or some wolves if you want, but be sure to max the main skills first.

Stats:

Str – Enough for the gear you are going to use. Jalals has 20 Str, and 40 on the Anni/Torch. Basically enough for SS when you have your +Str stuff on.
Dex – Enough for max block (75%) when fully geared. The requirement for max block changes as you lvl, so be sure to check it before dumping stats into vit. *OPTIONAL ADDITION* - If you want to be able to use angelics, add 10 Dex after max block with ravens/lords is on. Half angelics (1 ring / ammy) gives a 10 Dex bonus.
Vit – Everything else goes here.
Ene – None

So, with these setups, you hit 86% FHR, max block, 24-47k Ar, 8.9-10k life, and 4-8.3k Dmg.

The Result:

Angelics / Fools Setup (I think this was with a Cerebus on, but I can't remember, so the AR shown may be a bit higher than actual.

With Botd / Caddy / Ravens You should hit around 23K AR, 9.2k Life, and 3.6-8.5k dmg.

Section 2

Caster killing is quite funny, because there are alot of one hit kills and you'll run faster than most can tele.

Gear Changes:

Weapon:

3 Soc Eth Tombreaver - Should give you max res, depending on torch / anni / swapped charms. Zod / 2x 15 IAS/15RES or 2x 40/15s, but 40/15s aren't really needed because you still one hit most casters.

Ebotdz / SS is still and option. I have max cold / light res without an E Tomb, so I really only use it for FBallers. However, the range of the E Tomb is very useful, and proves VERY effective when dueling against hammerdins.

Armor:

Enigma - The 45% FRW really helps chasing down casters, and 2 skills is always a plus.

Fortitude can be used effectively vs CS/Farcast and light sorcs because of the 5% max light res bonus, and the 300% ED pounds. I also use it against hammerdins, you don't really need any r/w speed for them.

Gloves:

Steelrends - I use these and Bloodfists about 50/50, both have their obvious ups and downs.

Boots:

Nat's Boots - 40% FRW, dual res. Great for a little extra speed.

Belt:

Mav's Belt - 20% FRW. Use based on need.

Amulet:

Cat's Eye - 30% FRW, Dex, all that good stuff. I use an 08 Highlords, but this is almost as good. Use based on need.

Charm Changes:

3% FRW / Max / Ar Scs
3% FRW / All Res Scs
3% FRW / Res Scs

You can pick your own when it comes to this based on the resist / dmg needs of your character. I use half 32020s half FRW scs for pubs.

Quick Tip - If you really want to whip around, switch to your CTA and poke a few monsters with feral rage. CTA's low damage will allow you to get fully buffed off one monster.

Anyone on ESCNL who has seen my fury - Guinness - knows this build is a force to be reckoned with biggrin.gif Cleaning games is not an unusual thing with this character.

Look For: Lokiar's Conc Barb Guide - Coming Soon!

This post was edited by Lokiar on May 31 2007 03:19pm
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 100%
May 31 2007 03:05pm
Quote (Lokiar @ Thu, May 31 2007, 09:01pm)
Haha, can't wait!

Banned
Gold: 3.00
Warn: 30%
May 31 2007 03:12pm
7.0 lol
May 31 2007 03:13pm
Quote (Xepo @ Thu, May 31 2007, 04:05pm)
Quote (Lokiar @ Thu, May 31 2007, 09:01pm)
Haha, can't wait!

Me either! Iso: You to write a guide. (And not be a random.)
Gold: 74.16
May 31 2007 03:14pm
Few other things you might try. I Ber My Jalals and use Enigma so you don't require dr on belt. That way you can get yourself a nice 24%fhr/80life/30str/res crafted belt. For your second ring you could also get a crafted blood ring with high dex and 60life & res. This could add 6-700 more life to your build when your not using angelics.

You ever try using Harmony with feral rage for desyncing? I was doing some testing with pally using vigor and I think I could get going faster then most ppl can teleport.
May 31 2007 03:16pm
Quote (darken99 @ Thu, May 31 2007, 04:14pm)
Few other things you might try. I Ber My Jalals and use Enigma so you don't require dr on belt. That way you can get yourself a nice 24%fhr/80life/30str/res crafted belt. For your second ring you could also get a crafted blood ring with high dex and 60life & res. This could add 6-700 more life to your build when your not using angelics.

You ever try using Harmony with feral rage for desyncing? I was doing some testing with pally using vigor and I think I could get going faster then most ppl can teleport.

There are a ton of possibilities with socketing / rings, but this is what I prefer. It's an original build so yea biggrin.gif

I thought about getting a harmony, but I desynch without even using feral (08 lords, mavs belt, nats boots, enigma, scs.)
Gold: 3,151.00
May 31 2007 03:19pm
very nice guide thinking about making one now smile.gif
Gold: 74.16
May 31 2007 03:23pm
I have about 150% frw on my druid vs caster before feral rage... I don't desync the way a charger does. I was thinking with vigor you should be able to sneak up on any caster.
Banned
Gold: 3.00
Warn: 30%
May 31 2007 03:26pm
Quote (Sandnigger @ Thu, May 31 2007, 09:12pm)
7.0 lol

May 31 2007 03:28pm
Quote (darken99 @ Thu, May 31 2007, 04:23pm)
I have about 150% frw on my druid vs caster before feral rage... I don't desync the way a charger does. I was thinking with vigor you should be able to sneak up on any caster.

Yeah I have a bit more I think, almost every kill they pull a "lag" comment because they don't see me and BAM.

This is more of a GM Melee build with a little caster killing on the side.

Quote (Sandnigger @ Thu, May 31 2007, 04:26pm)
Quote (Sandnigger @ Thu, May 31 2007, 09:12pm)
7.0 lol

Reported for spam.

This post was edited by Lokiar on May 31 2007 03:29pm
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12324Next
Closed New Topic New Poll