d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Billmoney's Pvp T-storm / Es Sorc Guide > For v 1.11 Soft / Ladder
12325Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: 253.20
Warn: 70%
Apr 29 2007 04:10pm
Billmoney's PvP T-Storm / ES Sorc Guide

For version 1.11 Softcore / Ladder

This build is similiar to the8thbit's Infinity ES Light sorc, but focuses mainly on the skill Thunderstorm.

I made this character because I got bored of all the cookie cutter, generic type builds for every class. Examples: Smiter, hammer, FoH, Straight up light sorcs, blizz, fb, F/C zon, bowzon, BvC/B/A, bone nec, etc, etc, zzz)

I wanted to have fun with this char, but still own some nubs in pub games, or priv games. ohmy.gif

I have remade this sorc twice, and finally settled on a stable build.

Keep in mind though, you must be willing to spend a decent amount on this build to be successful, sry dry.gif
After many barrages of insults, flaming, and people saying "diz build is teh sux gtfo noob" I have decided to write a guide for this character (my first biggrin.gif) in hopes that people will try it, encourage them to make new/different builds, and/or respect it somehow.

There will be pictures at the bottom showing everything I've listed or as much as possible.

Without further adu here she is...

Build Type::

Breakpoints:: This sorc is built to reach the 60% FHR point, and the 63% FCR point. Why? FHR is essential to dueling, without it even the noobs of noobs can kill you. And yes, unfortunently even for a sorc, I'm going to with the 63% FCR point. I went with this one because if I chose to go with the 105% point I would be sacrificing too many +skills, stats, mana, and other essential things. But come on, a 9 frame tele is still pretty damn good for any class.

This sorc is going to be wielding a two handed weapon, so no reason for block.

Pure energy shield, so basically your mana will be your life.

This sorc will only be attacking with one element, but the others to support it.

This sorc is built for full inventory.

All legit gear

This sorc will be finished at level 90, or 87 if you don't want to get shiver armor

Stat Placement::

Strength:: I didn't need any because I decided to wear a gothic plate CoH, but if you want one with a little more defense such as AP, you might have to sacrifice some points in here.

Dexterity:: None in here because this is a pure ES build, and you won't even be using a shield...

Vitality:: Not a lot, I didn't put any in here, but if you want a little bit more health, go ahead.

Energy:: Everything else goes in here, this is an ES build, so more mana = tanking more hits / surviving longer.

Skill Placement::

Which ones and why

Cold Spells::

1 - Forst Nova -> To slow down melee chars, so T-Storm hits more
1 - Frozen Armor -> Pre Req
1 - Ice Bolt -> Pre Req
1 - Ice Blast -> Pre Req
1 - Shiver Armor -> Best all around cold armor, main one you will be using

Light Spells::

1 - Charged Bolt -> Pre req
1 - Static Field -> Useful in baal games / PvM and Pre Req
20 - Telekineses -> Reduces mana lost from energy shield, so that = living longer. Also fun to use in duels for the knockback while T-Storm kills em tongue.gif
20 - Lightning -> Main skill to attack with besides T-Storm. T-Storm can kill on its own, but lightning speeds up the process d-lol.gif
1 - Nova -> Pre Req
1 - Chain Lightning -> Pre Req
1 - Teleport -> Means of transportation. With all my gear it only costs 1 mana to teleport so that's nice
10 - Energy shield -> To reach the 95% absorb point. Now here's where you can go either way: I put 10 into it because I didn't want to be bothered with getting a prebuff of 10 more light skills, but if you got the patience, only 1 - 5 I guess.
20 - Thunder Storm -> Main attack skill / Piss off people.
20 - Light mastery -> Makes light attacks more powerful. (duh)

Fire Spells::

1 - Warmth -> Regenerates mana faster, so you can live longer.

Gear Options::

This is the most controversial topic for the build, and the most versatile. I will list 3 options for each slot where possible. And also a brief "why".

Helm::

1.) Griffons Eye socketed with a 5/5 L Facet. The FCR is essential, and I mean it's a griffs, THE best light helm. Help with BO.
2.) Sorc circ with at LEAST 20% fcr. If you can't get a griffs, try and go for one of these

Amulet::

1.) Maras with high resistances. You can never go wrong with a maras, also helps with BO.
2.) +Sorc, 10%+ FCR ammy. This would be the ideal amulet for any sorc, and because of that they're very expensive.

Armor::

1.) CoH in a low strength req armor. I spent many days debating on this issue, and came to the conclusion CoH was the way to go. The +2 skills is the best out of the others, help with BO also, very nice +res, +20 strength, AND damage reduce. Sorry but this armor just rapes.
2.) Vipermagi socketed with either a 5/5 L facet, or a kickass res jewel. This is for IF you want to go for the 105% FCR point.
3.) +3 T-Storm, 15% light dmg Ormus robes socketed with a 5/5 L facet or kickass res jewel. Again, only if you want to go for the 105% FCR point. I also don't like this armor because of the other essential things that it lacks, which vipermagi has; such as res, more def, and 10% more fcr.

Weapon::

Don't argue with me on this one, I've tried numerous combinations and settled on Infinity. This must be holdable, so low strength req is ideal. The reason this is the weapon is basically because T-Storm is just too weak against stacked res, so we must impair those somehow, thus infinity's conviction aura and -light res it gives.

Gloves::

1.) Mages. 20% FCR, and from the +warmth skill, around 40% fast mana reg, which is gg since pure ES build.
2.) Trang gloves for the FCR and cold res. But they lack the mana regen from mages, and +fire skill.

Belt::

Arach. Nuff said amirite?

Boots::

1.) Eth Treks. ONLY treks if they're eth, if not you might as well go with the other options because surprisingly this item is the one with the highest strength req on your char. Treks reaches you the 60% FHR point, gives mad poison res, and +strength and +vital. G.O.D.L.Y.
2.) Tri Res boots with FHR. This char lacks a lil in the res department so they wouldn't hurt, and the FHR will help you reach the 60% point.
3.) There is no option 3.

Rings::

1.) Dual SOJs. +skills, +mana, nuff said.
2.) FCR rings if you are going for the 105% FCR point.

Switch::

5+ BC and BO CTA. More mana and vital = surviving longer

with

Lidless because we are not going to have 156 strength fo a monarch.

Inventory::

8 Light GC's
8 FHR sc's (10 if going with tri res boots with 10% FHR)
15+/15+ Torch and anni
Cube holding your...

+9 ES, +T-Storm Memory Staff. This makes or breaks the char, if you don't have this, don't make this sorc.

In Stash::

Frosties to help with mana if somehow you get that 20% FCR Sorc ammy
Other item options to your likeing.

Strategy::

Go hostile with everyone in duel game. Cast BC and BO. Prebuff with memory. Equip infinity. Tele around blood moor zapping people, and casting a few lightnings if T-Storm hasn't killed em yet.

Sorry but I'm not going to write a step by step guide on how to fight each class, waaay too much of my time tongue.gif
but this will some it up basically::

Strength's of this build::

Very easy to maneuver in duels, with the pretty high FCR and very high FHR points. Survives long in duels against most chars because of large mana pool and maxd telekineses. Body won't "pop". NK's people with ease d-lol.gif . 2nd best char to piss people off with. (Next to those damn auradins that can hurt you in like Act 2 while they're in Blood Moor...) Very good damage with T-Storm and Lightning. Good to PK people in random games, e.i. chaos. Just tele round and T-Storm does the rest. laugh.gif

Weaknesses of this build sad.gif

Well, it was inevitable. If you are dueling someone that uses any kind of helper, better just say GG, or get ready to tele round for an hour. Examples:: Decoy, Valk, Nec summons, Druid pets, etc.. This is bad because you can't control who your T-Storm Attacks unfortunently. BUT, wait, HEY wait keep reading. If the char you are dueling has under probly 3 minions, they are manageable. Typicaly, minions are not as strong as their masters, and most will go down with 1 - 2 T-Storms, so just hang in there and be patient. To speed up the process though fire off a couple lightnings at them.

Pics of final stats::

At level 83 with prebuff memory::

Inventory::

Skills (ES Shown)::

Ending::

Well that's my guide, I hope you enjoyed reading it and will maybe make one biggrin.gif

If you want to duel her and are on east/soft/ladder PM me and I'll get back to you

Any questions? PM me

(and since I payd for this and is going to be submitted plz don't spam/flame the topic, ty)
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 90%
Apr 29 2007 04:15pm
349 life? LOL?
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 100%
Apr 29 2007 04:18pm
Wow, you gonna get raped with that sorc.
Banned
Apr 29 2007 04:20pm
Quote (Xepo @ Sun, Apr 29 2007, 10:18pm)

Let's keep spam to a minimum you ignorant noobs
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 100%
Apr 29 2007 04:22pm
Quote (billmoney @ Sun, Apr 29 2007, 10:20pm)
Quote (Xepo @ Sun, Apr 29 2007, 10:18pm)
Let's keep spam to a minimum you ignorant noobs
Heheahea, are you implying that you are not?
Banned
Gold: 590.36
Warn: 60%
Apr 29 2007 04:24pm
LOL
Gold: 440.00
Warn: 30%
Apr 29 2007 04:26pm
idk if this will work

but new builds r always nice smile.gif
Gold: 75.50
Apr 29 2007 04:29pm
A few questions...

How long does 350 life let you live?

3 k thunderstorm means 500 dmg after pvp penalty if enemy has no resists. Considering most people will have 200 LR stacked gear for FOH's, your dmg is 100?

63 fcr breakpoint puts you in same fcr BP with BVC's. How would you kill one with your 350 life?

Trap assas?

Anything else for that matter?

Which char did you actually kill with it? (talking about well equipped chars...)

Fohs have troubles killing with 10 k dmg and higher -%resists. You are 1/4 of a foh and you say you own all izi?

And no I'm not against non cookie cutter builds but this is even worse that my chars...

Nevertheless thumbs up for creativity.
Gold: 7,605.00
Apr 29 2007 04:58pm
i'll give you one reply.

Faster Cast Rate
FCR % FPC
0 13
9 12
20 11
37 10
63 9
105 8
200 7

Lightning / Chain Lightning / Inferno Faster Cast Rates
FCR % FPC
0 19
7 18
15 17
23 16
37 15
52 14
78 13
117 12
194 11

as u told me earlier that there are no specific breakpoints for lightning faster cast rate, and u say that lightning is your main skills, take a look.

the advice i can give u is atleast hit the 78% fcr bp plz.. atleast gets u over 0% fcr compared to teleport..

other comments, well let's not even bother to mention those, i can just say that i like your life, nice one, 2 bad that there exist no 100% es as u seem to think.
Banned
Apr 29 2007 05:16pm
You guys are forgetting one thing, you the actual char doesn't have to do anything to attack but be nearby to your enemy, so I get much more attacks in than a FoHer. And with finity, its doubled.

and I swear you guys don't read / don't know how to. 95% ES with maxd telekinses will alow me to tank, a LOT of damage, basically mana = life for people that have never played sorcs... so its like I have 3.2k life, and for a sorc thats pretty damn good...

I got this from www.PvPwest.com but a 50 damage hit with 95% es and maxd telekineses will only take away 36 mana from my pool. GFG

and ROFL at 200 light res I dono where the hell you got that number, gtfo noob
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12325Next
Closed New Topic New Poll