d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > 1.11 Patch Smiter Guide > By N i C k
12325Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 20%
Aug 25 2005 02:24pm
Introduction:

Section 1: Items

Section 2: Stats

Section 3: Skills

Section 4: Charms

Section 1: Items

Armor: COH

I recommend COH because belive it or not it lets you do more dam than a Fortitude, It also gives the upper edge on resists, which will help you when facing Sorc's or Ubers.

Other Options: Fortitude, Enigma, Tyreals, Levi, T-Might

Helm: Shako

2 skills, can be umed or ber'd for resists or absorb. Gives life and mana, all at a affordable rate. I havent personally used a Coa, but i found a shako to be very good.

Other Options: Coa, Vampire Gaze

Weapon: Grief

Personally i think there is no other way to go, the grief offers IAS, +Damadge, ignores targets defense, overall a great sword for a smiter and can also be used as a zeal or charge weapon when in tight situations and deal and massive amount of Damadge.

Other Options: Hoto

Shield: Up'D HOZ

Deals a good ammount of damadge and its very consistent, What i meen is a exile can hit harder but also hit alot weaker, a Up'd Hoz will do say 45-50 dam and a exile would do 10-70. I persoanlly think the up'd hoz is the better choice, and people who are worried about damadge, my smiter can beat smiters with exile just as easy as they can beat me.

Other Options: Exile, Phoenix

Ammy: Armageddon Slippers

Great ammy, Gives skills, life mana, dex, strength, gives more of this than maras can offer, only problem is they can get costly, otheriwise GREAT AMMY!

Other Options: Maras, Highlords

Rings, 1 Raven Frost (20 dex) + 1 Bk

I raven frost is good enough for dex, you can add 1 bk for life leech and skill, but if you would like to use 2 Raven frosts that will also work just fine, the AR does not matter for a smiter as smite doesnt have a AR.

Other Options: 2XRavenfrost, 2Xbk, 2Xsoj, 1 Raven+1Soj, 1Bk+1soj

Belt: Verdungos

Great belt, gives absorb, vitality, Just overall great.

Other Options: Rare Belt (strength life mana etC), Arach

Boots: Goreriders

Works fine and is a cheaper route than using bouts such as soul spurs etc.

Other Options: Grim Spurs/Soul Spurs/Soul Shanks

Gloves: Dracs

Gives 5% chance of lifetap which is greatly needed on a smiter. Life Tap works great for all smiters as smite doesnt have a AR it almost hits everytime giving you alot of life.

Other Options: Crafted GLoves (Ias, Knockback, Leech)

ON SWITCH: Cta and a spirit (If you cant get a spirit lidless will work) - But remeber even a pally spirit will work and give the 2 skills to the cta.

Section 2: Stats

Strength- Enought to use all your gear, Keep in mind the strength bonuses your gear give you.

Dex - Personally i think i smiter should ALWAYS have max block, with the recommended gear above at 60 base dex you will have max block (See Skills Section!) (Dex Base MAy Very on Gear and Skills)

Vitality - The rest goes right here!

Energy - None here

Section 3: Skills

Combat Skills

20 - Smite
20 - HolyShield (60 DEX with Recommended Gear and Maxed Holy Shield)
1 - Holy bolt
1 - Charge
1 - Blessed Hammer

Offensive Auras

20 - Fanaticism
1 - Might
1 - Blessed Aim
1 - Concentration

Defensive Auras

(Remainder of points) - Defiance

You may choose to get 1 point in meditation but that is up to you.

Section 4: Charms

GC's - 9 pcombs

LC's - Pally Torch

SC's - Anni, Maybe some 32020's although the 20 AR will not affect smite because smite doesnt have AR. Maybe Some 20-5's. Or Just plain 20 lifers will do.

If you cannot afford all these charms, simply 5 pcombs will work fine. But remeber even if you cant afford anycharms, a smiter can still do a efficant amount of damadge.

This Concludes my Guide, I can give you tips on how to use a smiter, but it just wont help you. Use your charcter get your own ways to duel nad kill bosses. Thats the fun of the game, the most important thing is to have fun with your charcter. Smiters can be a very strong force.

Guide Done By N i C k

If you have comments on my guide good or bad, plz let me know and we can talk about it here, dont trash my guide, in a educated post, let me know what you think should be changed and I will see what I can do. I hope this Concludes the Smiter Threads i have been seeing latley.

This post was edited by N i C k on Aug 25 2005 02:36pm
Gold: 3,360.00
Aug 25 2005 02:33pm
pretty sexe thx man smile.gif

This post was edited by AG CanadiaN on Aug 25 2005 02:38pm
Aug 25 2005 02:37pm
Updated! Thanks.
Gold: 31.01
Warn: 10%
Aug 25 2005 03:07pm
add some strats plz
Aug 25 2005 03:52pm
Strats?
Banned
Gold: 36.68
Warn: 100%
Aug 25 2005 06:28pm
HOTO IS GOOD FOR SMITE AND COH GIVES MORE DAMAGE THAN FORTITUDE!!!!!!
Stop posting. Please.
Gold: 1,866.00
Aug 25 2005 07:05pm
Hey nice guide, but what about maxing blessed aim? Syngery..
Gold: 282.00
Aug 25 2005 07:15pm
i`d put 1 pt either in salvation or each res aura(u got enuff skill pts) and y blessed aim?lol its a synergy for hammer not for smite...
Gold: 0.00
Aug 25 2005 11:57pm
My smiter is pretty much finished ... I may get a grief zerker.

The only thing I'm not sure about is the armour.
Currently I use enigma and so far no complaints.

I have a Coh in my stash and from another thread I was thinking about making it my main armour (I duel in pubs).
I am also thinking about getting fortitude to replace enigma as my main armour.

How does Coh give more damage than fort?
If you have archon Coh, archon fort, archon enigma ... how would you rank these and why?
Gold: 959.26
Aug 26 2005 01:19am
Quote (morotsjos @ Aug 26 2005, 12:28 AM)
HOTO IS GOOD FOR SMITE AND COH GIVES MORE DAMAGE THAN FORTITUDE!!!!!!
Stop posting. Please.

how is that?
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12325Next
Closed New Topic New Poll