d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Gold1's Trapbased Hybrid Assassin > Complete Guide Version 1.00
12325Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.50
Feb 19 2007 07:13am
Welcome To my Trapbased Hybridsin guide:

Written by Gold1-Reidar for d2jsp,
This guide may be not be reproduced under any circumstances
except for personal, private use. It may not be placed on
any web site or otherwise distributed in public without
advance written permission from me. Use of this
guide on any other web site or as a part of any public
display is strictly prohibited, and a violation of copyright.

MB: MindBlast
GT: Greater Talons
SM: Shadow Master
TG: Thundergods Vigor
nl: Name lock
DF: Dragon Flight
bos: burst of speed
bp: Break point

Before starting this build, i want to tell you that it will take u some time to get all the items needed, and it will be costly.
If u want a easy pub killer to build in 2-3 days this is not for you.

Equipment

Helm: CoA (Socet with ber+15ias/15res jool or 15ias/15res+ 15-req/15res if u cant get enough str, but ur DR will suffer)
Armor: Enigma Mp/Dusk
Glows: Trangs
Belt: Arach
Boots: Shadow Dancers +2 +25
Ring1: Raven 20 dex
Ring2: 20 str Fcr ring (mods like life+res+ar+mana is also nice)
Amulett: 15+ Fcr +2 assa +High str (enough to equip CoA when soceted with ber+15/15 jool)

Claws (Having different Claw setups is werry important to be able to take on different oponents)

Main Claw (Always have this equipped glowsided): Chaos GT with +3 ls +1 mb +1 df (finding this claw is WERRY hard, therefor u can get a +3ls +1mb also)

Claw2: Fury GT +3ls +1 df
Claw3: Fools GT +3ls 2soc (socet 2 um) (Knockback mod is also nice, but u can manage without it also)
Claw4: 2 Assa 3 ls 2soc GT (socet 2 um) (Can also be a 6ls 2 soc GT)
Claw5: Bartucs (socet with um)
Claw6: Jade Talon (socet with 15ias/15res)

Note on Claws:
Always Keep ur fastest GT Glowsided (35+ ias), this is to get best traplaying speed.
When using a FoolsClaw, the ar will only apply to that claw, even tho it dont show. But its still werry effective, when needed.
U can use Greater Claw Fury Glowsided and still have best Trap laying if u cant find a GT to make Fury in, but then u muste have a GT offhand,
to reach best traplaying bp.

Switch:
Cta + Spirit or Lidless (Caste ur fade and Venom with the switch also)

Inventory:
7 Trap sks life
2 Trap sks Fhr
9 sc's Life/Res
1 sc fhr/Res
20/xx Torch
20/xx/xx Anni

Stash:
2x Trap sks life + 1 sc life/res (To be used when equipping Bartucs or jade)
2x Kiras (1 with 15ias/30cold res and another with 15ias/30 lightres)
High AR gear: Hsarus Boots + Belt and Angelic Ring + Amu ( u want to keep raven on) This is mainly to be used vs smiters, tho i dont rly think its nessesary. Ill explain later on.
If u feel like u need it get the standard maxres+abs gear, tho i dont recomend this, because u wont need it + ur skills wont really improve by laming others.

This setup gives 86 fhr at all times, high DR without prebuffing Fade (i hate prebuffing), fastet trap laying speed, 65 fcr and high trap dmg.

Skills

20 Lightning Sentry
20 Shock Web
20 Charged Bolt Sentry
20 Death Sentry
1 Shadow master
1 Claw Block
Rest in Venom (Maxes at lvl 98)
* 1 Mind Blast (Get this from Claw)
* 1 Dragon Flight (Get this from Claw) (This skill isent really needed, but is nice to catch deffansive fast casters, inflicting OW+PSN)
+ Prerecs

As u can see a high lvl is needed to get enough skill points, i would not recomend any lower than 93.
This is because ur OW and PSN wont be effective enough if u are to low lvl and cant put these weapons to propper use.

Atributes

S: 0
D: 0
V: All
E: 0

Duelling Strategies

ill explain the main ones, most of these things comes down to personal preference when u get experienced, but some guidelines cant hurt i guess.
U should never have to use mass abs or max res with this build. I dont support using revjunation pots either, stricktly mana pots and gm style.

Paladin

Smiter:
If he aint laming with massive abs go Fools Claw, always keep sm out. Tele round him in circles, try get the sm to mb him.
If he pauses for a second try mindblast him, but be aware he might charge u, if he does just ww away from him in a zig zag move -> /\/\/\/\
If u get him with mb, do this secuense mb mb trap mb mb trap, keep this up untill he dies. Most smiters will get desperate when u start doing this and try charge u,
just ww away from him in a circle around ur traps and watch him die to Traps, ow and psn. Should be a easy kill when u get a hold of it.
If the smiter is laming with high abs u could try beating him with pure ww, just get Ar gear on. If he uses lifetap dont use Sm, he will heal on it.

Hammerdin:
Get fools claw. U will mainly play vs a hammerdin as a trapper,
but do not use bos just because he uses magic hammers,
he might charge u and u need dr. Its nice have good ar ww, because when he namelocks u to hammer u,
u must ww downmap to avoid him. With good ar u migh inflict psn+ow on him.
Keep sm out at all times for minion stack, this is werry important.
I would say u have about 60/40 advantage in this battle if the hammer is good. Fun battle, but could take a while if he uses TG's.

Templar:
Get ur resist gear, try to get him mb locked and just trap him down. Due to the Clawblock and minion stack from sm,
u have huge advantage in this battle. Should be easy when u get a hang of it.

Barbar

bva/bvc: Use Trap Claw.
These are hard to beat, u have to play as pure trapper here, trying to ww to kill a barbar would be suicide.
Try to circel tele around him to get the sm to mb him. When it does or if the barbar does a bad ww mb him and trap mb mb trap mb mb trap,
if the barb escapes he will try to nl u and do a tri wirl, when this happens ww away from him and start mb'ing.
If ur able to get him stunned start mb trap mb mb trap. If not he will atempt a new triwirl and u must re start by ww away again.
Hard battle, but not unbeatable. As always try to keep ur sm out, but this can be hard if the barb is agressive.

Non tele barbs
Just trap+mb him down, and keep distanse. Easy battle, just dont get to close or he might kill u.

Sorc

General Sorc strategy: Use Chaos+Fury (Might need resist gear vs some cold sorcs, but moste of them Chaos + Fury is enough)
This is where the Dragon Flight comes to use. Put up some traps, if the sorc desidec to attack u right away just be agressive
and DF him and to a quik triwirl, the minion stack will mostly save u from taking dmg.
This will get the sorc scared and put him in a deffensive stance while bleeding with ow and take lots of psn dmg.
Recast ur sm if it died and just go after him. As soon as u see him on screen DF+Quick ww, this should be enough to kill him right away.
If not tele around him, get the sm to mb him and then mb trap mb mb and do another DF+ww. Always get time to recast ur sm vs sorcs,
its needed allot. With some experience u will beat all sorcs with this build.

Necro

bone: Get bartucs and change ur inventory to get more life.
Use Chaos+Bartucs. This battle should not be to hard. Use bos instad of Fade, u dont need dr or resist here.
Tele in circle around him until the sm mb's him. Then do mb trap mb mb trap. He will get stunned badly,
tele on him and do a fast tri wirl, then keep mb trap mb mb on him. He will die fast.

Psn necro: Chaos+Fury
They tend to curse u first then try to come after u to kill u. But fade solves this problem, just be deffansive untill the curse wears off
(takes only a few seconds) Then let the sm mb him and kill him like u kill a bone necro. Easy battle.

Druid

Windy: Chaos + Fury
vs non skilled winders this is just a joke, just surround urself with 5 traps, as soon as he comes at u,
mb him, he will get stunned badly, mb trap mb mb, and when he get stunned do a quick DF+tri wirl. and repeat.
If he is skilled, u still want to catch him and stun him. Except it will be allot harder to catch him. If he is max block,
dont try to ww him unless u get him stunned enough. Just keep mb trapp mb mb.
Vs any winder u should always start by surrounding urself with traps,
because they have so bad range they muste come inside ur field. This will be their death if u manage to stun lock them.

Shaper: Read non tele barb

Amazon

Java: Chaos+Fury
This is easy when u get used to it. WW is ur friend here. Just get him locked with a mb+trap then start ww'ing him.
He will get badly stunnlocked and dies quickly. Easy battle when u get used to it.
If he uses enigma and try tele on u just do a mb when he lands, (they tele slow) and trap + ww him. Should be one of the easiest battles when u get the hang of it.

Bowzon: Fury+Chaos
Agressive is the key word here. When u say go tele straight to a corner and watch his move,
as soon as u have him pin pointed tele at him in a long half circle (this is to awoid arrows)
mb him one time and just DF+WW, he should die fast. U can also stay on corners with traps out and let him cone to u,
as soon as trap fires, tele on him, mb + ww. Easy when u get the hang of it, but u MUSTE be agressive.
If u try to retreat in the middle when arrows are raining on u, u will die FAST.

Assassins:

Trappers: Chaos+TrapClaw
This is kinda like a mirror match except u can tele+ww him whenever he tryes to run. Easy to hard, depends on his and ur skills.

WWsin: Never let them get close, and dont try to out ww them, they will win. Just surround urself in a trap field.
When he comes tele 1 step back and mb, try to get him locked. Kinda like fighting a bvc. But he can stunlock u aswell.
But moste wwsins have 48 fhr not 86 like u so u might have a better chanse to stunlock him.

Hybrids: Chaos+Fury
Combination of the Trapper and WW tips.. just try it and find ur own strategy here smile.gif

This concludes the Duelling Strategies, the rest is up to u. I can only show you the door, you'll have to walk thru it urself ^^

People i would like to thank for helping me become a better sin player:

Xepo
The Rain
Zephiris
Troudd
derfana
g_lost

This post was edited by Gold1 on Feb 19 2007 07:42am
Gold: 1,400.00
Feb 19 2007 07:27am
smile.gif

its quite good,

but i would add 5ls 2s gts for invent to get some more res/dmg vs opponents where no ww needed.

also wws for 80fr if duelling fb sorc.

strategies are ok too but i wouldnt use ww vs hammer , better using high frw its easy running away if he teles on you

and vs good bow ww will be your death the chance to hit her with dodge + block is really low, she will kill you with fury wink.gif

vs runner sorc better using mb + ww , df is good too but lower chance too hit (cuz takes short time to cast wink.gif)

well , everyone should make their own experience.

so good job wink.gif
Feb 19 2007 07:30am
Quote (g_lost @ Mon, Feb 19 2007, 01:27pm)
smile.gif

its quite good,

but i would add 5ls 2s gts for invent to get some more res/dmg vs opponents where no ww needed.

also wws for 80fr if duelling fb sorc.

strategies are ok too but i wouldnt use ww vs hammer , better using high frw its easy running away if he teles on you

and vs good bow ww will  be your death the chance to hit her with dodge + block is really low, she will kill you with fury wink.gif

vs runner sorc better using mb + ww , df is good too but lower chance too hit (cuz takes short time to cast wink.gif)

well , everyone should make their own experience.

so good job wink.gif

ty, yes its laied out just as a main pointer and personal preferenses is suported. *Find ur own play style*
For the ls claw i have it mentioned tho. U might have missed it?

Hope this is a helping tool for those who want to become hybrids, i wrote it mainly because friends asked me to happy.gif
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 100%
Feb 19 2007 08:08am
I guess you use SM vs Smiters because life-tap is banned on ladder? =\
Feb 19 2007 08:41am
Quote (Xepo @ Mon, Feb 19 2007, 02:08pm)

ye, but i also mention that is not to be used if the smiter has lt wink.gif
Banned
Gold: 590.36
Warn: 60%
Feb 19 2007 08:53am
nice but i still think that pure trapper with better claw block,dmg, life is better than hybrid, i dont really see use for low lvl venom (especially on nm) and every trapper can easy get ow for es sorcs
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 100%
Feb 19 2007 09:03am
Quote (Gold1 @ Mon, Feb 19 2007, 02:41pm)
Oh lol, my bad. Good job.

Banned
Gold: 0.01
Feb 19 2007 09:10am
Quote (Xepo @ Mon, Feb 19 2007, 03:03pm)

Get glasses farmboy >:D

Feb 19 2007 09:34am
Quote (Xepo @ Mon, Feb 19 2007, 03:03pm)

hehe, tnx wink.gif
Banned
Gold: Locked
Warn: 10%
Feb 19 2007 10:13am
nice guide m8.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12325Next
Closed New Topic New Poll