d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > The Ultimate Guide To Trap Assassin For All Realms > 1.11b
12322Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8.37
Warn: 100%
Feb 12 2007 04:17am
The ultimate guide to trap assassin for all realms for 1.11b
Made by Thostos
aka The Rain

I felt like there were no good trapper guides in here.. Anyway, this guide is continuity to this: http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showtopic=4034716&f=87

Table of Contents

CODE
- Introduction
- Overview: Lightning trapper
  - Pros
  - Cons
- Overview: Fire trapper
  - Pros
  - Cons
- Builds
- Overview: Claw/Claw build
  - Pros
  - Cons
- Overview: Weapon/Shield build
  - Pros
  - Cons
- C/C Trapper
  - Gear
  - Skills
     - Fire Trapper
     - Lightning Trapper
- Weapon/Shield Trapper
  - 174 fcr 86 fhr
  - max block max dr 102 fcr 48 fhr
  - Skills
- General Dueling
- Poor Mans Choice

Introduction

Trap assassin, simply, is an assassin that utilizes one of the 2 types of traps available. Lightning and fire. Both of them have their pros and cons, which will be later on looked upon to. Although both of the types are easy to resist, well-placed traps and well-thought tele/run patterns make this assassin viable enemy. On to the guide, shall we?

Overview: Lightning trapper

Pros

+ Can get very high damage
+ Very high range
+ Hard to avoid getting hit
+ Aims at opponent

Cons

- Very high damage range
- Easy to resist and absorb
- Delay between shots
- Requires many skill points to be effective

Overview: Fire trapper

Pros

+ Virtually no damage range
+ Very constant damage
+ Highly stunning
+ Hard-to-see traps ^___^

Cons

- Rather low damage
- Even easier to resist/absorb than lightning
- Doesn't aim automatically (Wake of Inferno does, though)
- Not likely to stun without mind blast
- Low range

Amazingly, fire assassins can be devastating. 1,5k wof damage each wave. 5 traps, 5 waves each means 25*1,5k _almost_ instantly. With low fhr, the opponent has no hope of getting out. Even 174 fhr sorceresses will have trouble getting out. Sure, paladins with charge or characters with whirlwind can still get their way out since they are uninterruptable but it will hurt.
On top of that, you would have 5k-5k (roughly) woi damage, which acts pretty much like ls. 13k ls has average damage of 6,5k so this comes close.
AND one more thing. 10k fire blast. Awesome skill to inflict more damage, although you might be too busy mind blasting the shit out of everything that moves ^__^

Builds

There are 2 different main solutions that work for trap assassin. Them being Weapon/Shield (w/s) and Claw/Claw (c/c)

Overview: Claw/Claw build

Pros

+ Weapon Block, can block anything except stationary attacks (fire wall, fire from meteor, etc.)
+ Higher damage
+ More life
+ Requires less ias
+ Fade
+ Well, Weapon Block...
+ Weapon Block
+ Weapon Block
+ And Weapon Block

Cons

- Lower fcr
- Lower fhr
- Lower mana
- Only 64% block maximum achievable (not sane though)

Overview: Weapon/Shield build

Pros

+ Higher fcr (potentially 174, which is 9 frames)
+ Higher fhr
+ Potential 75% block against melee
+ Fast with burst of speed (bos) and high fcr
+ Higher mana

Cons

- Can only be able to block melee
- Less damage
- bos, no fade
- Less life

Alright, now that we have overview on each of the main builds, it is time to get in-depth.

C/C trapper

This is the main build that people make. This build will reach 9 frames trap placing, 48 fhr, 65% fcr, 26% dr and 57% weapon block I won't bother with ias bugging since it's a pain in the ass and you lose the bug asap you swap weapons.

Gear

Weapons; Primary:
-30 wsm claws (runics, greater talons) with 2 assassin and 3 ls. Additional skills to look for are; mind blast, weapon block, shadow master, fade. Get one with 2 sockets. Base ias would be ideal.
Of course, if you make a fire assassin, choose according skills (wof, woi, fire blast)
What to socket? If you don't have base ias, you should socket it with 2 shaels for 40 ias. If you have base ias, stick in 15 ias 15 all res jewels

Weapons; Secondary:
second pair of -30 wsm claws. same 2 assassin 3 ls and same additional skills. Of course, if you make a fire assassin, choose according skills (wof, woi, fire blast). Only difference here is that you _won't_need_ any base ias. Socket it with say, 7 fhr 15 all res jewel. Best would be: 7 fhr 10 all res 8 life and then maybe additional 30 to single resis

Amulet: I'd go with 2 assassin 15+ fcr life/mana/all res amulet. str/dex is nice but I wouldn't bother unless I land on some _godly_

Armor: Enigma, not another word. dusk is nice because when faded, your assa looks like she wears a bikini ^_______^

Belt: Arachnid

Rings: Raven and fcr ring. Stats to look for in fcr ring are str/dex/life/mana/all res. of course, not all stats are possible ^___^

Helm:
2 Assassin skills 20 fcr 2 socket helm would be ideal. kewl adds would be: frw, life, mana, all resis.
What to socket? I'd go with 2 jahs, or 2 prubies, depending if you tvt alot (with your own bo, 2 jahs give more life but with barb giving bo, 2 prubies give more life)

Gloves: Bloodfists. Ias, fhr, life. What could go wrong?

Boots: Well now, you obviously have many choices. Marrowwalks are nice for pure stats. They also have mana regen and frw but being the highest str req piece of gear, I wouldn't consider these. Waterwalks are great choice. 15 dex, which will be definitely put to use along with 65 life. These boots also sport 20 frw and +5 max fire resis. My number one choice. Then there are sandstorm treks. Overall great boots with 15 vitality and 15 strength. But also, them being the highest str requiring piece of gear that's one stat wasted. If you somehow aren't willing to get 7 fhr jewels for claw, then these boots are the option to go with. 20 frw and 20 fhr being the awesome-maker here. The last but not the least of all boots are rare boots. There are certainly dupes that will blow any boot off but primary stats to look for are frw, fhr and triple resists.

Inventory
9 Trap skillers (duh) with maximum life possible (duh)
anni
torch (duh duh)
9 scs 20 life 5 all res (or single resis (cold/light))
1 sc 5 fhr 5 all (unless you use sandstorm treks, or rare boots with fhr)

Skills

There are several ways to do this so I'm only giving a heads-up

Fire Trapper

+20 Fire Blast
+20 Wake of Fire
+20 Wake of Inferno
+1 Claw Mastery
+10 Weapon Block (60%)
+1 Burst of Speed
+1 Psychic Hammer
+1 Shadow Warrior
+1 Shadow Master
+1 Cloak of Shadows
+1 Mind Blast (rest goes here after fade)
+ Rest in fade or until you get enough/satisfying amount

You will have your main skills and +1s at lvl 65.

Lightning Trapper

+20 Lightning Sentry
+20 Shock Web
+20 Death Sentry
+20 Charged Bolt Sentry
+1 Fire Blast
+1 Wake of Fire
+1 Psychic Hammer
+1 Cloak of Shadows
+1 Mind Blast
+1 Claw Mastery
+3 Weapon Block (57% block or +2 if you plan on getting it from bc ~57 for like 2 minutes)
+1 Shadow Warrior
+1 Shadow Master
+1 Burst of Speed
+ Rest in Fade

You will have your main skills at lvl 82. Any more skill points go into fade

Since weapon/shield build ain't really a viable option to go with, I'll only list the gear shortly.

Weapon/Shield trapper

174 fcr 86 fhr

20 fcr circlet
20 fcr amulet
hoto
spirit 35 fcr
arach
2 fcr rings
trangs
enigma
sandstorms

== 175 fcr 75 fhr currently. 86 is the break you should aim at which is achieved with 11 more fhr from gear. Can be 1 shael in circlet or fhr skiller.

max block max dr 102 fcr 48 fhr

shako shael
storm fhr + adds jewel
15 fcr amulet
trangs
arach
hoto
fcr ring
raven
sandstorms
enigma
1 fhr sc in inventory

Skills

Are the same than c/c except you must use bos with w/s. Forget fade, you can't have both at the same time.

General dueling

All I say is: DONT CAMP!!! That is the easiest type of trap assassins ever. Although it may seem tempting when those traps guard you but they are only so effective.
_Teleport_ around much. Always mb mb trap trap mb mb mb trap trap mb. Get all over them.

Play corners. That way you get so much more range:

For more detailed strategies; read this: http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showtopic=4034716&f=87

Poor mans choice

w/s setup itself is already quite cheap (20 fcr amulet being the most expensive..) but here is alternate for c/c build

Weapons; Primary:
-30 wsm claws (runics, greater talons) with base skills according to your build (ls, wof, woi, mb, etc.) made into fury.

Weapons; Secondary:
second pair of -30 wsm claws. same skills but make this into chaos

Amulet: I'd go with 2 assassin 15+ fcr life/mana/all res amulet. str/dex is nice but I wouldn't bother unless I land on some _godly_

Armor: Enigma, not another word. dusk is nice because when faded, your assa looks like she wears a bikini ^_______^

Belt: Arachnid

Rings: Raven and fcr ring. Stats to look for in fcr ring are str/dex/life/mana/all res. of course, not all stats are possible ^___^

Helm:
2 Assassin skills 20 fcr 2 socket helm would be ideal. kewl adds would be: frw, life, mana, all resis.
What to socket? I'd go with 2 jahs, or 2 prubies, depending if you tvt alot (with your own bo, 2 jahs give more life but with barb giving bo, 2 prubies give more life)

Gloves: Bloodfists. Ias, fhr, life. What could go wrong?

Boots: Well now, you obviously have many choices. Marrowwalks are nice for pure stats. They also have mana regen and frw but being the highest str req piece of gear, I wouldn't consider these. Waterwalks are great choice. 15 dex, which will be definitely put to use along with 65 life. These boots also sport 20 frw and +5 max fire resis. My number one choice. Then there are sandstorm treks. Overall great boots with 15 vitality and 15 strength. But also, them being the highest str requiring piece of gear that's one stat wasted. If you somehow aren't willing to get 7 fhr jewels for claw, then these boots are the option to go with. 20 frw and 20 fhr being the awesome-maker here. The last but not the least of all boots are rare boots. There are certainly dupes that will blow any boot off but primary stats to look for are frw, fhr and triple resists.

Inventory
9 Trap skillers (duh) with maximum life possible (duh)
anni
torch (duh duh)
9 scs 20 life 5 all res (or single resis (cold/light))
1 sc 5 fhr 5 all (unless you use sandstorm treks, or rare boots with fhr)

Yeah, you got me, I copied it ^____^

Anyway, this is awesome since you won't be missing out on alot of damage, but will be saving loads because you don't have to buy expensive 2/3/2s.
You'll also have whirlwind to use. You can inflict ow on someone and still continue dishing out damage with traps. Or you get stunlocked? Easy, just whirlwind your way out.
Feb 12 2007 04:24am
http://xepolite.technocow.nl/FAQ contains alot of useful information to you. Mainly about trap placing speed.
Gold: 1.00
Feb 12 2007 04:33am
Quote (The Rain @ Mon, Feb 12 2007, 10:24am)
http://xepolite.technocow.nl/FAQ contains alot of useful information to you. Mainly about trap placing speed.
Best. Other is shit. ^________________________________________________________________^

Ill read it later today. Funny though, just yesterday evening I decided to make a crappy welfare trapper =D
Feb 12 2007 04:36am
Quote (Xepo @ Mon, 12 Feb 2007, 13:33)
Quote (The Rain @ Mon, Feb 12 2007, 10:24am)
Best. Other is shit. ^________________________________________________________________^

Ill read it later today. Funny though, just yesterday evening I decided to make a crappy welfare trapper =D

I wrote it at work. nothing to do ^____^
It's not flawless guide by any means, please do let me know any mistakes ^______^
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 90%
Feb 12 2007 05:04am
what is m4 lol?
Feb 12 2007 05:06am
Quote (lopov @ Mon, 12 Feb 2007, 14:04)
what is m4 lol?

my auto-hack button
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 90%
Feb 12 2007 05:07am
Quote (The Rain @ Mon, Feb 12 2007, 11:06am)
Quote (lopov @ Mon, 12 Feb 2007, 14:04)
what is m4 lol?

my auto-hack button

:S
Gold: 224.00
Feb 12 2007 05:10am
Don't think you can get Fireblast on a claw. WoI is, as far as I know, still bugged to do 1/3 or its displayed damage.

WoF claws are damn hard to find. I gave up. Poor me.
Feb 12 2007 05:14am
Quote (Wuben[NM] @ Mon, 12 Feb 2007, 14:10)
Don't think you can get Fireblast on a claw. WoI is, as far as I know, still bugged to do 1/3 or its displayed damage.

I hab 5 wof 2 sock claw ^____^ unless I gave it to xepo.

hmm, Probably can't get fire blast on claw, it doesn't matter though.
if that's the case, it severely nerfs fire trappers :'(
Gold: 224.00
Feb 12 2007 05:15am
Quote (The Rain @ Mon, Feb 12 2007, 11:14am)
Quote (Wuben[NM] @ Mon, 12 Feb 2007, 14:10)

I hab 5 wof 2 sock claw ^____^ unless I gave it to xepo.

hmm, Probably can't get fire blast on claw, it doesn't matter though.
if that's the case, it severely nerfs fire trappers :'(

+2 / 3 woF claws? Ahhh, I would kill my mother for 2 of those with nice reqs.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12322Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll