d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > ~+~ Wcr - Best Griswold Foh Revealed! ~+~
12325Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 33.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 25 2007 05:14pm
WcR - Tactics and Equipment

INTRODUCTION:

I've decided to quit my beloved Griswold FoH, after I was known as "Best Gris FoH" ( when that set hype begun ).
Earned compliments from Europes Top players , was even called "Best Set Char" or "Better than any normal FoH I've
seen yet".
But now I wanna concentrate on some other chars, since lots of people have been asking me about my build and
i wont start playing with him again, so I see no reason not to reveal it. Should be a very usefull guide even for
normal FoHs.

First of: Tho this is a Griswold Paladin, dont think this is some welfare char.
Hes made 2 BM pubs and for some 1n1's, since you wont have Tele you will need and excelent Movment with
charge/running/walking not to get killed by every Random, but once you mastered that you will win like 80% of
all Your matches with Pub Players,no matter how much abs / stack they got.

This is the best Build possible to find, so have fun with it:

GEAR:

- Griswold with 12 5/5 Rbf's
- 2 Bul Kathos
- 3 Combat Skills / 100 Life Amu
- Bugged Belt
- Snatchis
- Eth Sands 15/15
- 6/6 Cta in a 3 Holy Shield Scepter ( without that u would have to level him up to 97 )
- Bo Spirit

INVENTORY:

- 20/20/x Anni
- 20/20 Pala Torch
- 10 20/5s
- 9 Pcs 35 ( the higher, the better wink.gif )

STASH:

- Bloodfists
- Gris Scepter with 4 Ums
- Gris Shield with 3 Bers
- Gris Shield with 3 Perf Saphirs
- Demon Limb
- 2 Ravens
- Eth Thunder Gods ( using noneth will get you corpsebugged after dieing wink.gif )
- Maras 30
- Storm Tracks
- Snowclash
- Ring with 10 Fcr 5+ Str and Life
- Arach
- Magefists
- Amu with 2 Pala/Combat Skills and Telecharges
- Gris Armor with 3 Orts
- Gris Helmet with 2 Orts
- 2 Whisps
- Treachery

STATS:

- Strength: 48 ( to be able to pick up ur body with TG )
- Dexterity: for maxblock with your Basegear
- Vita: Rest
- Energy: None

SKILLTREE:

- 20 Fist Of Heaven
- 20 Holyschock
- 20 Lightning Resist
- 20 Fire Resist
- 1 Salvation
- 1 Charge
- 10 Pre Reqs
- left points Conviction

HOTKEYS:

Lefside:

FoH
Charge
Zeal
Smite

Rightside:

Conviction
Holy Freeze
Holy Schock
Salvation
Lightning Resists
Fire Resists

Comments:

You will be fully skilled ( reaching level 25 Conviction with any Setup ) on lvl 94. The Holy Shield CtA is really
essential if you dont want to level your FoH to 97 xD
The Resist Auras are mainly to boost your passiv Resists, you will never need the fire Resist aura since u got
enough Stacked Res to Handle Fire. Even while being cursed with lower Resists. Nice to boost ur teammates Resists
in TvTs or FFAs anyways so its still usefull having a Hotkey for it. The Light one is usefull for Foh Vs Foh tho.
You will reach arround 4600 Life 46 Fhr 8800 Foh Damage 20 Dr and 115 Stacked Res on all Elements and 185 Poisin
Resists, Possible to stack out any Element and raise the Dr to 46 and the Fhr up to 86.
And against those Pesky Necs trying to Prison you, you got Stuff in your Stash to Telearround with 50% Fcr and
Griswold.

1v1 Section:

Barbs:

WW Barbs:
Chances: 70/30
Gearchanges:
- Raven

Fighting Barbs tricky, its all about reading their WWs and Teleports and your charging Skills.
When you see them starting the teleportmotion charge either into the North or West ( Barbs tend to Whirl Southwards
after locking ) like a rabbit in 2-3 short jumps and FoH him once if he's stukk WWing ( dont charge away to far
to still keep him in your Conv Radius ) After that charge away with 2-3 Screens with Holy freeze on and Foh him once
as he enters your screen and repeat from the beginning.If you got a feeling for that matchup ( when to charge,
when to FoH ) you will own 99% of all Pub Barbs without even getting hit, no matter how much Abs / Stack they got
( aslong as u dont heal them with your FoH xD ). I didnt't even need that 3 Ber shield. ^.~

Amas:

Java:
Chances: 100/0
Gearchanges:
- Thunder Gods

Foh, charge away one screen and dodge LFs with Holy Freeze on, Foh, charge.... and so on ^^
If they are low on Life, Zeal them with Holy Schock while blinking Holy Freeze, they will be totally chancless
against you. Please dont make me cry by losing with that FoH vs Java, PLEASE!

Bow:
Chances: 65/35
Gearchanges:
- Raven

Desync next to her ( with Holy Schock on, turn on Conviction as soon as u see her on ur screen ) approach from
behind, FoH her once and charge away ( again with Holy Schock ) till all GAs fell off, and hide in some corner
to confuse her and lose any clue about your position. Repeat the process till the end of the duell.
This duell is about whos prediction is better ( invis, multis, desync ) and prediction is not that far away from
luck. Since most Bows will die in 1-2 FoHs that match is still in ur favor.
Bows switching for 20/11 Charms are a real thread tho.
Against those crappy Pub ones: Charge/Zeal coupled with Holyschock and flashing Holy Freeze is enough in 80% of the
cases. No good idea vs those knowing how to use Lighning Fury tho wink.gif

Druid:

Melee:
Chances: 90/10
Gearchanges:
-Gris Shield with 3 Bers ( just vs those based on Physical Damage )

Just like playing against, just without using Zeal wink.gif
When they reached there 1 Life transformphase just FoH them while using Holy Schock

Eledruid:
Chances: 20/80
Gearchanges:
- Gris Shield 3 Bers
- Bloodfists
- Raven

What shall i say?
It like being a Smiter fighting 2 Hammerdins at the same time if your opponent got decent locking skills or
a recasting Defwhore. sad.gif I gonna try to give u some advice about the only working way i found.
To get rid of his Zoo and Zyclon Armor, Charge Arround with Holy Schock till all of his Pets are gone, some will
still try to tank. Hit him with 2 FoHs charge arround till his next locking attempt and charge him again and his
Zyclo will be gone, even the most offensiv Eledruid will try run to recast then, that's the moment where a FoH
namelock could easily seal the deal, if u miss the namelock or just hit once, the game start from new.
If the Druid is total defwhore which teles 4-5 Screens away after 1 Wolf died and got avarage locking skills, your
gone for good wink.gif

Necromancer:

Poisin:
Chances: 80/20
Gearchanges: None

No Comments need here i guess, no poisin nec has decent damage and good stacked Resists at the same time.
I dont see any problem here with 185 Stacked Posin Resists. :>

Bonemancer:
Chances: 45/55
Gearchanges:
- Arach
- Magefists
- Telecharge Amu
- Fcr Str Life Ring

Key things against Boners is being defensive, you will only be able to outtank those with low stacked Resists.
Approach from behind via Desync, hit him with one FoH and charge straight away from the nec ( NL prison wont hit u
succesfully while charging ). If you should Prisoned while casting FoH tele out and charge away.
He will probably follow you after that, charge him as soon as he enters your screen and charge away again.
Will get a very though Matchs if he got outstacked Resists.

Summoner:
Gearchanges:
- Raven

2-3 Hits with FoH will take out his complete Army due to the Holy Bolts on coming from FoH, and a Summonnec
without Summons should be that dangerous anymore xD

Sorcs:

Light:
Chances: 80/20
Gearchannes:
- Thunder Gods

Fire:
Gearchanges:
- Nokazons

Cold:
Chances: 85/15
Gearchanges:
- Gris Shield with 3 Perf Saphirs
- Stormtrakcs
- Snowclash
- Maras

Namelock her with charge ( while using Holy Schock ) after the knockback lock of charge is broken chase her with
Foh, if shes stupid and still play defensiv with OW teasing her, just wait 8 Seconds and start chasing her again,
Repeat from beginning after the second OW ran out she will be on 1 life and u got an easy kill using Holyschock.
If shes smart and tries to kill you before OW took her life to 1 she will most likley try to lock u, if she does so
just use Zeal with Holyschock, if she should survive, shes atleast on low life, just chase her down with foh than.
Due to that 100% OW, Sorc is no danger for you at all smile.gif

Paladin:

Foh:
Chances: 60/40
Gearchanges:

Just use Light Resists Aura and you will get nearly no dmg by your opponents FoH, he wont take much either,
Smite him from in between some FoHs to trigger OW. Boring Duell ~~

Hammerdin:
Gearchanges:
- Magefists ( just to not get locked during the castmotion )

Since the Pub Hdins are normally not able to lock properly nor do they got enough stacked Resists.
If they are just avarage Skilled, even abs wont help them since you wont even get if your a good charger wink.gif
Southwards charging is the weapon of choice, that will make all his lock attempts fail. Foh them directly after
they tried to lock you, if he started predicting your desyncs start charging sidewards ( but never charge
nothwards! Watching a clock: charge between 3 to 10 ). Shouldn't be that problematic against Hammers.

Smiter:
Chances: 30/70
Gearchanges:
- Gris Shield 3 Bers
- Raven

This another though match, boring, but hard. The More Stack he got the harder it gets.
Charge arround with Holy Freeze on and try to get some holes between you and get him stuck for atleast a second
to get a free hit in without risking to get hit.
Aslong as they dont take more than 7 FoHs i never had any problems with them, it's all about their stack.

V/T:
Chances: 35/65
Gearchanges:
- Gris Shield 3 Bers
- Raven

Just play like playing against a smite, and as soon u hear that foh sound turn on Light Resist aura and FoH him,
after a few tries he will quit trying to FoH you since trying that just gives you a free hit.

Assaisin:

WW/Ghost/Kicksin/Hybsin:
Gearchanges:
- Gris Shield 3 Bers ( obviously not against Ghostsins wink.gif )
- Thunder Gods ( Just against Hybsin )

Just as against Barbs, if they are low on Life you may even take them out with Zeal and Holy Schock.

Trapsin:
Gearchanges:
- Bloodfists
- Thunder Gods
- Nokazon ( against Fireblast )

Another easy Match Up:
Abuse the FoH aim radius to hit the Asn while not being on their Screen, after 1-2 Hits they will either lay traps
on the edge of their screen so they hit you aswell, just circle the Asn and do the same from the other side if she
still camps in her traps.
Some Try to get you into some lock with Traps combinied with Fire Blast and Mindblast just charge on them with
Holy Schock and take her out with Zeal.

1 on X:

The versallity of that Build allows you to use all Opponent specific Items at the same time.
If you are 1 on X'ing i would recommend to use Treachery tho , you cant afford that much damage in that duell.
Just stay defensive, charge away and concentrate on the best supporter among their team ( for example if they are
1 barb 1 hdin 1 bow aim for the hdin first ) Charge away one Screen and Attack them as soon as one of them is in
the Foh radius. That's really a matter of prediction and your charge.

If you further questions, just ask. smile.gif

I wish you all lots of fun with your own Griswold FoH and never forget to say "Owned by Gris!"

This post was edited by SelesnyaMtG on Jan 25 2007 05:26pm
Gold: 2,530.00
Jan 25 2007 05:40pm
wow nice guide

im might do this

- Bugged Belt
- Snatchis

Wat are these

Pm me the answer
Gold: 15.00
Jan 25 2007 05:47pm
very nice guide

don't see these to often
Jan 25 2007 05:49pm
Quote (Glen @ Fri, 26 Jan 2007, 01:40)
wow nice guide

im might do this

- Bugged Belt
- Snatchis

Wat are these

Pm me the answer

Bugged Belt:
1 All Skills
15 Str
25 Dex
20 DR
25 All Res
10 Ias
10% Slow on target

Snatchis Gloves:
1 All Paladin Skills
15 All Res
25% Increased Block Chance
20% Faster Block Rate
( and some other useless stats )

Both are Bugged Items which popped up back in 08 and only in Europe
Gold: 2,530.00
Jan 25 2007 06:04pm
Quote (SelesnyaMtG @ Thu, Jan 25 2007, 07:49pm)
wow nice guide

im might do this

- Bugged Belt
- Snatchis

Wat are these

Pm me the answer

Bugged Belt:
1 All Skills
15 Str
25 Dex
20 DR
25 All Res
10 Ias
10% Slow on target

Snatchis Gloves:
1 All Paladin Skills
15 All Res
20% Faster Block Rate

wow crazy

i play useast sc ladder

wat should i use? arach and magefist?
Jan 25 2007 06:12pm
Quote (Glen @ Fri, 26 Jan 2007, 02:04)
Quote (SelesnyaMtG @ Thu, Jan 25 2007, 07:49pm)
wow nice guide

im might do this

- Bugged Belt
- Snatchis

Wat are these

Pm me the answer

Bugged Belt:
1 All Skills
15 Str
25 Dex
20 DR
25 All Res
10 Ias
10% Slow on target

Snatchis Gloves:
1 All Paladin Skills
15 All Res
20% Faster Block Rate

wow crazy

i play useast sc ladder

wat should i use? arach and magefist?

I would recommend using Verdungo, Bloodfists and 1 Raven as Basegear than, since you only really need FCR while using the telecharge Set Up ( which is just need while facing Necs ).
You will have to add another 5 Str and a some Dex ( just to reach Max Block again ) Just Cuts down the Life and Stacked Res abit, you should still do fine in most Pubs smile.gif
Gold: 5.95
Jan 25 2007 06:20pm
This is the best gris pala build ever!
Jan 25 2007 06:31pm
Quote (Gunvaldsen @ Fri, 26 Jan 2007, 02:20)
This is the best gris pala build ever!

biggrin.gif ty fred wub.gif
Gold: 237.29
Warn: 100%
Jan 25 2007 07:11pm
Nice guide for a freaky char. ohmy.gif
Gold: 0.00
Jan 25 2007 07:23pm
Griz Foh'ers should have been more popular in the past, they are actually pretty decent if built right. Other realms don't have those hacks your talking about, so guides that include hacks are VERY realm specific. You might want to make an alternate gear set up that all realms can wear. But more or less same concept. A few things though in your dueling section:

You say poison necs don't have good resists and good damage at the same time. Is it really that hard to take off my stormshield and put on a 4 topaz shield? And you do know that poison necs can at any time summon 30+ skellies, mage's, and revives? Still an easy duel vs a fully stacked up poison nec with 30+ minions? Secondly, no offense but if my ghost sin ever lost to an Foh'er i'd quit the game immediately.

But otherwise, nice guide. Griz foh'ers are sexy smile.gif
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12325Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll