d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > All Known Information About The 1.11 Patch
1239Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 258.00
Aug 1 2005 06:51pm
This topic contains all the changes and information that iwe found regarding the 1.11 patch. Lillith, Keys, Artifacts, Runewords, Uniqes and everything else.

First off, il start with the official changes that comes with the 1.11 patch;

A new Mystery has been revealed!

* Players of Hell Difficulty Realm games are hereby warned once again, that a series of new and challenging tests await you! The answer lies within Diablo's Bosses, which span across the world from the Den of Evil to the Throne of Destruction...

New Items

* Added 10 New Runewords.
    * Added new Unique Items that will drop from Special Bosses.

Hireling Enhancements

* Players can purchase hirelings that are within 1-5 levels below their own level.
    * The rate at which hirelings gain experience has been increased. They should now stay closer to the player's level.

Major Bugs

* Creating a town portal when corpses or other objects entirely fill the area where the portal will appear in town will no longer crash the game.
    * Skills obtained from runewords created while the item is equipped will no longer disconnect you from Battle.net when chosen.
    * Barbarians will no longer become stuck when using Whirlwind right after Inferno from the unique item Balrog Blade Flamebellow.
    * German, Spanish, and Polish users will no longer crash when the mouse cursor moves over an item that grants an Aura while equipped.
    * The game will no longer crash when selecting a skill granted by a weapon at the same time as switching weapons with the W key.
    * Dying or being requested to trade while changing the key configuration will no longer cause you to get stuck.
    * The "Missile Firing too far" assertion error has been corrected.
    * Attempting to sell a Horadric Cube or a quest item to an NPC by holding Control while clicking will no longer disconnect you from Battle.net.

Minor Bugs

* Running the game with -install no longer causes the game to be installed as a Windows Service. -install is now ignored.
    * Sometimes the seals in Diablo's lair would not activate. This has been corrected.
    * Character expiration messages have been updated to reflect the expiration policy implemented in patch 1.10.
    * Unidentified items sometimes caused other set items to display green for items the player does not have. This has been corrected.
    * The German mouseover text for the Ist rune has been corrected.
    * Account recovery is now allowed for existing accounts whose name is only one or two characters.
    * When leaving a game on Battle.net, you will now be brought back to the channel in which you were previously.
    * Transmuting an ethereal item now retains the ethereal stats bonuses.
    * In Japanese Lord of Destruction, items that add to all Assassin skills incorrectly stated in their mouseover text that they added to all Druid skills. This has been corrected.

Fixed Game Exploits

* It is no longer possible to bypass the 10-second hostility timer by activating a waypoint at the same time as declaring hostility.
    * A player must now have sufficient room in their inventory to receive the Scroll of Resistance. This prevents receiving multiple copies of it.
    * Uber Diablo is no longer killed when Shenk the Overseer or Blood Raven die nearby.
    * Necromancers with Trang-Oul's Set equipped could sometimes become invincible to attack. This has been corrected.
    * Blessed Hammer no longer remains active while in town, preventing players from subsequently declaring hostility and having the hammers hit other players for damage.
    * Set items retained their multi-piece bonuses after the player died, even though they were removed. This has been corrected.
    * Items with skill-charging effects will no longer give synergy bonuses to skills when equipped on a character without those skills.
    * Pasting from the Clipboard no longer allows the creation of characters with more than one dash or underscore in their name.

Runewords!

Il now move on to information about the new runewords. From what Blizzard is telling us, we can see that it is 10 new runewords. Here's screenshots of the runeword that's been found;

Lillith!

This is what The Arreat Summit says about Lillith;

Lilith (Demon)

Spawned to enact a blood vengeance for her sisters' death. Those few heros who venture into Hell to slay the greatest demons and come across her, will bow down before her in a bloody mess!

Lilith only roams the Battle.net Realms. What could stir her to come forth and avenge her sister? Could it be something to do with an artifact her lover drops? Fore Lilith be not a Lesser Demon like thy sister was - she be mixed with the greatest of all the Demons.

Tips and Other Additional Information
Absorbs magic and few elements hurt her. Beware her Poison Nova.

What we know is that she is extremely hard to kill, and that she drops a Diablo's Horn when killed for the first time. To get to Lillith, you have to open an "Pandemonium Portal" and make it lead to , how to do this is explained under the Keys and artifacts section.

Keys, Artifacts and Special Bosses!

What we know is that there is three keys and three artifacts;
  • Diablo's Horn (dropped by Lillith)
  • Mephisto's Brain (dropped by Uber Izual)
  • Baal's Eye (dropped by Uber Duriel)

To get the keys, you need to kill each of the three keyholders (The Countess, The Summoner and Nithalak) and make them drop their key. When you got all three keys, put them in your cube and go to Act 5 and open a Pandemonium Portal, there is three different portals leading to these three places;
  • Matron's Den (Hosts Lillith wich drops Diablo's Horn)
  • Furnace of Pain (Hosts Uber Izual wich drops Mephisto's Brain)
  • The Forgotten Sands (Hosts Uber Duriel wich drops Baal's Eye)

When you've gotten into everyone of these three places and killed their boss, you got all three artifacts. When you got them, you put them in your cube and creates an Uber Portal to a special version of Tristram, wich is populated by with an Uber Diablo that drops the Hellfire Torch that is a Large Charm with these stats;
  • 25% chance to cast lvl 10 firestorm when stricking
  • +3 to random character class skills (like +3 to amazon, +3 to sorc...)
  • +10-20 to all atributes
  • +10-20 to all resistances
  • +8 to light radius
  • lvl 30 hydra 10 charges

An theory is that it is possible to spawn Uber Mephisto and Uber Baal can be spawned to, but that has not been confirmed.

The Thing!

This little thing has also been added to the game files, noone knows what it does or why it is there. It is known that Blizzard have added items thats not needed for the game and that is not used in the game at all, this remains unknown.

The end.

If you got anything to contribute, something to add, something to remove or anything else. Please PM me.

Written by Glimjaur, big thanks to Xizeta and everyone in #d2jsp and #d2jsp-euro for their help gathering this information.
Gold: 67.67
Aug 1 2005 06:52pm
Good job. smile.gif
Retired Moderator
Gold: 645.69
Trader: Trusted
Aug 1 2005 07:01pm
nice... pinned
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Aug 1 2005 07:21pm
man that helps alot, that charm will be worth shitloads, i hope to god it can be put on trade screens!
Aug 1 2005 07:27pm
Cidco's Guide to Getting the Hellfire Charm!

I thougt this was such a great guide that i think everyone should see it, but i dont think we need two new stickies on one night. Therefore i am adding his guide here;

Cidco's Original Topic

Alright I will guide you with what I did and what you need to get to the very end.

Step 1:
Get these keys.
Key of Terror : Countress
Key of Hate: Summoner
Key of Destruction: Nilithak
There is a 1/34 chance to get these keys, so keep doing these runs until you get three keys.

Step 2:
Once you have gotten 3 keys, transmute them in the cube inside Act 5.
The first boss will be Uber Izzy, as shown here.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b173/Nuc...reenshot089.jpg
You will receive Mephisto's Brain, as shown here.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b173/Nuc...reenshot092.jpg (I know I didn't get the name of the brain in, but I think you can tell it's that)

Step 3:
Once you have gotten another 3 keys, and after defeating Uber Izzy and having Meph's Brain on the same character.
You will have to transmute the 3 keys inside Act 5 and Uber Duriel will appear, as shown here.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b173/Nuc...reenshot091.jpg
You will receive Baal's Eye, as shown here.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b173/Nuc...reenshot092.jpg

Step 4:
Once you have gotten another 3 keys, and defeated Uber Izzy + Uber Duriel abd having Meph's Brain + Baal's Eye on the same character.
You will have to transmute the 3 keys inside Act 5 and Lilith will appear, as shown here.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b173/Nuc...reenshot095.jpg
You will receive Diablo's Horn, as shown here.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b173/Nuc...reenshot096.jpg

Step 5:
Once you have gotten those three relics, transmute them in the cube inside Act 5.
Then a portal called "Tristram" will appear.
Three boss will appear, as shown under:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b173/Nuc...reenshot098.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b173/Nuc...reenshot099.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b173/Nuc...reenshot100.jpg

Oh yea, forgot to add in. Minions keeps respawning each time you kill a group of them.
Baal has no extra skills, just his main ones in Act 5.
Dclone has no extra skills, just his main ones when he pops up for anni.
Mephisto has conviction and is very fast moving. So I suggest killing him last.

If you have any questions, please PM Cidco.

This whole guide is courtesy of Cidco, i did not write this guide!

This post was edited by Glimjaur on Aug 1 2005 07:41pm
Gold: 6,660.00
Quote (Matrlx_Inuyasha @ Aug 2 2005, 01:21 AM)
man that helps alot, that charm will be worth shitloads, i hope to god it can be put on trade screens!

rite.... just like the anni and gheeds were able to be put on the trade screen.

btw, does the portal still close after u kill Nilithak?

This post was edited by Go packers on Aug 1 2005 07:28pm
Gold: 0.00
how do you open the pandemonium portal?
Aug 1 2005 07:29pm
Quote (helliboarder @ Aug 2 2005, 01:27 AM)
how do you open the pandemonium portal?

Read it a little bit more carefully, please. evil.gif
Aug 1 2005 07:31pm
Quote (Go packers @ Aug 2 2005, 01:27 AM)
Quote (Matrlx_Inuyasha @ Aug 2 2005, 01:21 AM)

rite.... just like the anni and gheeds were able to be put on the trade screen.

btw, does the portal still close after u kill Nilithak?

If you mean the portal to Pindleskin, yes it does.

About the trade screen, im not sure. But im checking it right now.

EDIT: It is confirmed that it is not possible to trade the Hellfire Charm, all trades here on d2jsp involving the charm will have to be done via a mediator.

This post was edited by Glimjaur on Aug 1 2005 07:33pm
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Aug 1 2005 07:31pm
i just killed all the people u suggested and ur wrong, my friend killed Diablo in hell and got a key, keys can drop on ANY boss! example: unique zombie in den of evil, shenk in act 5, izual in act 4! IT SAYS ANYBODY! trust me i tried in like 5 games just now
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
1239Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll