d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Nonamesleft's Javazon Guide > V 1.1
12316Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 9.20
Warn: 10%
Jan 15 2007 09:47pm
::::l ::l....::::::l...::::l ::l.....::::l.....::::::::l..::::::l
::l::l ::l..::l....::l..::l::l ::l...::l..::l....::l.::l.::l..::l.....::l
::l.::l::l.::l_..._::l.::l.::l::l..::l___::l..::l.::l.::l..::::l
::l.::l::l..::l__::l...::l.::l::l..:::::::::l..::l.::l.::l.. ::l.....::l
::l.::::l....:::::l....::l.::::l.::l......::l..::l.::l.::l..::::::l

JAVAZON GUIDE 1.1

Table of Contents:

1. Headline and general informations
2. Abreviations
3. Gear and explanation (Jump to Gear shortcut if you're not interested in knowing why you use the suggested Gear)
4. Skills and stats
5. Merc
6. Dueling strategies
7. PvM Variations and Tips
8. Useful links
9. Special thanks
10. History

Hope you'll Enjoy it
------------------------------------------------
1. Headline and general informations

First of all, my english isn't flawless (I'm a french-canadian blush.gif ), so sorry for the several spelling and grammatical mistakes. I'll do my best to aknowledge you on my favorite D2 caracter and provide alternative solutions that goes from the Richest Jsp guy to the beginner that wants a funny, versatile and powerful Javazon. Any comment is welcome.

------------------------------------------------
2. Abreviations (Skip if you're an experienced player)

Zon: Amazon
Java : Amazon using mostly the Javs and Spears skill tree

Cs : Charged Strike Skill
Lf : Lightning Fury
D/A/E: Dodge / Avoid / Evade skills (Passive and magics)

FCR: Faster Cast Rate
IAS: Increase attack Speed
FHR: Faster Hit Recovery
FR/W: Faster Run / Walk
FBR: Faster Block Rate
ICB: Increase Chance of Blocking

Strg: Strength (Stats)
Vita: Vitality (Stats)
Dext: Dexterity (Stats)
Nrg: Energy (Stats)
Res: Resistance (Cold Fire Light Poison)

DR: Dommage Reduction
Dmg: Dommage

BM: Bad Mannered (When you're doing something wrong in a duel)
Sc: Small Charm
15/15: +15% IAS // +15 to all resist
Gcs: Refering to Skill Grand Charms, if no skill is stated its + to Javelins and Spears skills
K: A thousand (1000)
lvl: Level, often refering as the caracter's level or a specific skill's lvl
Bp: Breakpoint (I will not get into that, just know that it's point you must acheive in let say IAS or something to be faster)

AO: Alternative option

Pretty useless but some1 that doesnt understand a term may appreciate this...
I may have forgotten some so just tell me if theres terms you want me to Explain or Add.

-----------------------------------------------
3.Gear and explanation

*the switch Gear is obviously Call To Arms (Flail or Crystal Sword) + Spirit (Monarch)

Since this char is versatile, theres no *top* gear, its more a manner of combinaison that will make
an Item more effective by adding the effects, dont worry you'll understand later.

Here's the objectives you should acheive in order of priorities:
89% IAS (I haerd of a 140% Bp, however I never tried it)
86% FHR
145%+ All resists (+Anya's quest)
10K+ Cs Dmg
lvl 12 D/A/E
As Much Mana and Life as you can get (Obviously)
As Much FR/W as you can

HEAD:

1. Griffin's Eye - Obviously the best Helm due to the +% Lightning Dmg, -% Lightning Res

AO:
Rare Zon Circlet - +Skill - Fr/W - Strg - Dext - Res - Os) Some circlets are very good, but I still think that griffin is better.
Shako - +Skill, Life, Mana, Dr
Valkyrie Wings - +Skill, FHR, Fr/W

ARMOR

1. 60 IAS // 60 All Res Armor of [+life] *** - You need it reach the 90%IAS Bp *

AO:
60 IAS // 60 All res Armor of Stability [+24% FHR] *
Enigma (MagePlate or Dusk) - +2 Skill, Fr/W, Teleport [see the dueling section] , Life, Strg [Javazon with a Dusk Nigma are Sexy wink.gif ]
Chain of Honor - +2 Skill, Resists, DR, Strg
Skin of the Vipermagi - +1 Skill, Resist

Notes:
* If you use the armor giving FHR, you'll get Life Gcs, if you use an armor giving life, you'll get the FHR Gcs
** +20 // -20 Lightning Armor isn't a good choise because even with godly dmg, you wont reach the target without decent Resists
*** 60 IAS // 60 Res armor refer to a 4os Magical Armor (Jeweler's) socketed with 4x 15 IAS // 15 All res Jewel

WEAPON

1. Titan's Revange * - +4 Skills, Fr/W, Strg, Dext

2. Thunderstrokes ** - Better Dmg, -15% Lightning Resist

AO:
Magic Javelins ?, basicly you can get non-eth low dmg Titans 4 Pgems so theres not a lot of alternative weapons...

Notes:
*Dont spend to much on ETH High % Titans, non-eth 150%ed are still as good, just less sexy
** Only the +4 to Jav and Spear matter on T-strokes.
You'll rather use them in some situations, see the Dueling section
*** If you're rich enough to grab some +5-6, +20-40% Ias Jav, well do it.
However, I never tried them and I heard that these magic javelins aren't good, but unfortunatly I never tested them.

SHIELD

1. JMOD (Jeweler's Monarch of Deflection) - 4x 15//15'd - Using this shield allows you to use Enigma Instead of the 60//60 Armor

2. ATOD (Artisan's Tower Shield or Deflection) - 3x 15//15'd - Cheaper, but you'll have to stick with T-strokes or you wont reach 89%IAS

3. Stormshield - Def, ICB, FBR, DR, Res, Strg

AO:
Spirit - +2 Skills, FCR, FHR, Vita, Res (Against Caster) - Since FCR doesnt matter you can get a pretty cheap Spirit (Except Against Casters + Enigma)

Moser's Blessed Circle Res, ICB, FBR (Nice cheap alternative)

BELT

1. Thundergod's Vigor - Skills, Strg, Vita, Max Light resist, Lightning Absorb

2. Arachnid's Mesh +1 Skill, 10% slow target *

AO:
Rare Belt: Some Zon rather use rare belts with - FHR, Strg, Life, Res
Verdungo's Hearty Cord - Vita, Dr, FHR **

Notes:
* Some Dueler says that Thundergod is BM because it gives extra light res and absorb, in this Case Arach or a Rare belt is the best
** Some Dueler says that Arach is BM because it slow target, in this case use a Rare Belt or Verdungo

GLOVES

1. +3 Javelins and Spears / +20% Ias - Still my favorite choice. You need them to reach the 89% IAS Bp

AO:
Rare Zon gloves - +2 Javs and Spears, +20 Ias, Strg, Life etc. (I still rather get +1 skills than minor mods but well there that's your personnal choice.)
Gleclaw's Pincers - Knock Back
Any 20IAS Gloves

BOOTS

Theres no perfect boots in this case, what you're aiming for is Fr/W FHR Strg Vita Resists

1. Godly Rare Boots (Such as Sspurs or Gspurs)
Godly boots, but almost all unperm or very expensive, if you dont know what they are you better stick with treks.

2. Sandstorm Treks http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/elite/uboots.shtml *
Fr/W, FHR, Strg, Vita

AO:
WaterWalk[/B] - Life, Dext, Fr/W
[B]Any Boots with good Fr/W or mods mentioned above

JEWELRY

Ammy:

1.Mara's Kaleidoscope - +2 Skills, Stats, Resists

2.MetalGrid - Defence, Attack Rating, Resists

3.Highlord's wrath - +1 Skill, 20% IAS, Lightning Resist

4.Cat's Eye - Dext, IAS, Fr/W

AO:
Seraph's Hymn

Note:
*There's godly crafted Amazon Ammy but well if you get one that is better than Mara, go for it.

Rings:

1st: Raven's Frost * - Dext, AR, CBF

2nd: Bul-katos' Wedding Band ** +1 Skill, Life

AO:
Rare Ring (Strg, Dext, Resist etc.)

Notes:
*You need at least 1 Raven to have Cannot Be Frozen (You just can't duel without this)
**You can also use Stone or Jordan to get more mana, but well I rather have Life.

CHARMS

Hellfire Torch:
*If you dont know what is a Torch just do a quick research you'll find it quickly
Obviously as high as you can...

Annihilus
Obviously as High as you can...

9x Harpoonist's Gc of [Life] or [FHR] *
Obviously as high as you can...

10x Small Charms:
Aim for: FHR, Resist, Life, Strg

Many combinaisons, see the shortcut for more informations on every charms

General Explanation:

*If you use the suggested Gear, you'll have 5 Open socket [4x Armor or Shield - 1x Helm]
Some people will put Light Rainbow Facets in everything, wich is a mistake.

*I rather use +15% IAS // +15 to all resist Jewels to reach the highest IAS BP as I can.
If you cant afford such Jewels, Prubies, Um or anything you have is still a good AO.

*You must get 86% FHR, my suggestion is to use:
Sandstorm (20% FHR)
6x FHR Scs [+ Mod if you can] (30%FHR)
3x FHR Harpoonist's Gc (36% FHR)

*I think that reaching the 176% FHR Bp is useless since you'll cruelly lack of other stats
*Once you reached the FHR BP, get charms with as much life as you can.
*Fr/W is important 4 a Javazon and a Light Armor (Let say a Dusk Shroud) is a clever choice, and its also sexy
*Your D/A/E fpa will always be 6, no matter your FHR.

GEAR SHORTCUT

Stats

It's like every other normal melee char:

Strg: Enough to wear Gear
Dext: Enough to Max Block
Vita: all
NRG: None

89% IAS Javazon:

Griffin's Eye 15/15'd
Enigma (Dusk Shroud)
Titan's Revange
60 // 60 JMOD (A white Monarch is still good, but FBR and ICB worth it so much)
Thundergod's vigor
+3 Jav // +20% Ias Magic Gloves
Sandstorm Treks
Mara's Kaleidoscope
Raven Frost
Bul-Katos' Wedding Band

Hellfire Torch
Annihilus
3x FHR Harpoonist's Gc
6x [Life] Harpoonist's Gc
6x FHR + [Life//Res] Scs
4x Life + Res Scs

Call to Arms + Spirit

This Zon should Allow you to kick ass

95% Ias
86% FHR
10.743K Cs Dmg (With all Synergie Maxed)
205 All resists (Only the All resists, single resists from Scs or TReks aren't included) (According you have Perfect Gear)
95% FR/W
Max Block
Lot of Life
Possibility to teleport

Cs v C Javazon

Here's the built I'm used to use against casters that you cant kill by throwing javelins.

It's the same as above, you just switch armor 4 nigma and when you get close to them, just tele near. they wont expect a Java to tele so use the confusion to 1-hit-ko them with your Cs.
It's also a great way to move faster with FCR gloves + spirit and to dodge WW barbs and Caster's attack
and it's damn funny to Tele with a java in duels because no1 expect this biggrin.gif

Get as much Resists as possible since Enigma has no resists

PvM Build: (Cheaper Version)

Shako - Valkyrie is still a nice choice 4 PvM
Enigma - Coh - Vipermagi
Titans - Thunder-Strokes (Mostly against Bosses)
Stormshield - Phoenix - Spirit (Depending on the situations)
Thundergod's vigor
FCR Gloves (I like Trang Gloves)
Sandstorm Treks (Basicly, any boots will do...)
Raven Frost
Any Other ring... take the best you have
Highlord's Wrath

This build isn't really expensive and allows you to have fun PvMing, the great lack of this built is the IAS, since it's really hard//expensive to get some on a javazon.

MERC

MANY MANY combinaisons, my favorite 1 is still this built (Wich I think everybody is using...) :

High Eth Kira (Some ppl rather use Andariel's Visage or Vampire's Gaze)
Bugged ETH FORT (Or shaftstop 4 low budgeted guy)
ETH CV Infinity (Insight 4 low-budgeted guy but well Infinity definitly worth the 4Hrs)

This merc will stay alive, kill ennemies and the Conviction aura from infinity will break most light immunities.
With Nigma + This merc I used to Baal and Chaos with this java pretty easily. You basicly Destroy everything in 3 Lf...

DUELLING STRATEGIES

*My worst nightmare when I'm dueling with this Java are smiters since I cannot dodge or Block them.
My Best strategy that far is to ran straight on them, then I throw a lightning bolt (12K dmg) and while they are stunt (Do to the FHR) I land the 1st hit (With Cs) And this
way they almost always die before I do. Another strategy but well it's a little BM is to Tele + Throw Lightning Bolts 'til they die.

*Another big problems are the Firesorc. (Well, according that Absorb is considered BM by you or by the FireSorc)
Best tactic is to dodge manually the FBS (They exploses when they hit target so even if you dodge you'll get the dommages most of the time) until you're close enough to make them tele away. When they do so it's the best time to rain Lightning bolts where they tele.

*Some people keeps on saying that FarCast Zon cant be ebaten by Legit Cs Zon, well with my built they are a jock and since they Bm why not use Whisp against them?

*I'll add more Duel tips as people ask me to

*This Javazon build allows you to have fun, it's sincerly the funiest Dueler Char I've ever played with.

SPECIAL THANKS

Special Thanks to:

Phillyfan
NaGa[S]
Bes
izParagonzi
Arreat Summit
Battle.Net UsEast Ladder Forums
[More to add as ppl give me commentaries and tells me what to change] Wich mean you could be here

HISTORY

Version 1.0 [First Draft presented in D2Jsp.Com]
Version 1.1 [Fixed some spelling or grammatical mistakes, added JMOD and ATOD, removed links to make is more easy reading]

I'm planning on adding: More detailed Dualling Strategies, Faqs and Useful links showing BreakPoints etc.
Thanks 4 all your Help, keep on sending comments
Gold: 8,578.63
Jan 15 2007 09:59pm
Nicely set out (no colour though lol)

Should of set this up in a word document to correct the type-O's (only spotted 2)
e.g.
DR: Dommage Reduction
Dmg: Dommage

Otherwise well done
Jan 16 2007 04:31pm
Bump, w8ing 4 more comments or ways to improve this guide.
Gold: 3.00
Jan 16 2007 06:22pm
nice guide
Gold: 125.00
Jan 16 2007 08:01pm
You haven't mentioned the 20/20 shield (often necissary), and you haven't mentioned nosferatu's coil belt or bloodfist gloves (bloodfists are only an alternative, but they are something to mention).
Jan 16 2007 08:06pm
I dont see the point of +20//-20 Shield, they are a waste, who cares about your dmgs if you get 1hit K.O
Trust me I did many duels and 10K CS is Enough...

Nos coil? whats the point beside 10%IAS which isnt really needed Tgod > Nos and T-god isnt really enpensive

I'll include Bloodfist
Jan 16 2007 08:14pm
Quote (Nonamesleft @ Wed, Jan 17 2007, 02:06am)
I dont see the point of +20//-20 Shield, they are a waste, who cares about your dmgs if you get 1hit K.O

Nos coil? whats the point beside 10%IAS which isnt really needed Tgod > Nos and T-god isnt really enpensive

I'll include Bloodfist

I have a 10k CS javazon also, and I've played in serious and pub duels. This is a requirement if you want to seriously duel anyone with stacked resistances. -20% enemy resist is what's important (the +20% doesn't matter, I'd rather have +0/-25% than +20/-20). When I play my javazon vs. a good barb (a good one, not a shitty one), it will have good resistances. To beat that barb, I will need to reduce their resistances (especially since they have high life). The same goes for smiters, hammerdins, or anyone else with decent life and stacked resistances. -25% from griffon's and -15% from thunderstroke is often not enough (only totals -40%).

My javazon reaches the 55% IAS breakpoint, and has 86% FHR. She uses nosferatu's coil for strength, slow, and ias. Tgod has no point (what is the point besides sorbing your opponent?). Though, I can see with certain setups that nosferatu's coil would have no use.
Gold: 282.00
Jan 16 2007 11:04pm
Quote (Canadian_Man @ Tue, Jan 16 2007, 09:14pm)
Quote (Nonamesleft @ Wed, Jan 17 2007, 02:06am)

I'll include Bloodfist

I have a 10k CS javazon also, and I've played in serious and pub duels. This is a requirement if you want to seriously duel anyone with stacked resistances. -20% enemy resist is what's important (the +20% doesn't matter, I'd rather have +0/-25% than +20/-20). When I play my javazon vs. a good barb (a good one, not a shitty one), it will have good resistances. To beat that barb, I will need to reduce their resistances (especially since they have high life). The same goes for smiters, hammerdins, or anyone else with decent life and stacked resistances. -25% from griffon's and -15% from thunderstroke is often not enough (only totals -40%).

My javazon reaches the 55% IAS breakpoint, and has 86% FHR. She uses nosferatu's coil for strength, slow, and ias. Tgod has no point (what is the point besides sorbing your opponent?). Though, I can see with certain setups that nosferatu's coil would have no use.

You won`t reduce resistances on any decent bvc because they usually have ~300+ with caster setup, and dueling bvc with that shitty shield is suicidal.
Gold: 8,578.63
Jan 16 2007 11:22pm

Just my opinion here:
Thunder Gods: Pretty much the best belt for a Javazon
1-50 Light dmg = not superb, but useful if you hit with the wpn
+20 Light Absorb = handy vs light chars and monsters (it does help a little)
10% max light resis = very handy, takes your maximum light res up to 85 (if using pheonix, make that 90)
+20 str = more than nos, making it easier to wield any Monarch (spirit, pheonix or ss)
+20 vita = more life, very handy
+3 light fury = extra dmg, what else can you ask for
+3 light strike = more dmg again, and this skill is under rated by most javas vs player
5% cast lvl7 FoH when struck = not superb, but can help out when needed.

Nosferatu's: Really pretty pointless for Javazon.
Slow 10% = pointless unless you name lock, this is a physical requirement e.g. you have to hit them with wpn
+2 mana after each kill = not needed PvM or PvP
5-7% Life Steal = hmm, can not leech from light fury or pvp, so pretty pointless
15 str = handy, but still less than Thunder Gods
10% ias = hmm, handy yes, only if you were melee'ing with jab and so on.
Jan 16 2007 11:48pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Wed, Jan 17 2007, 05:22am)

Just my opinion here:
Thunder Gods: Pretty much the best belt for a Javazon
1-50 Light dmg = not superb, but useful if you hit with the wpn - Physical requirements, not useful, don't even try...
+20 Light Absorb = handy vs light chars and monsters (it does help a little) - Very useful, I must agree.  Sorb is always useful.
10% max light resis = very handy, takes your maximum light res up to 85 (if using pheonix, make that 90) - [color]If using phoenix, you are a retard (or PvM, and in which case you don't need to worry about those resistances).  This will only be useful if you stack your resistances (which is possible).  Yes, this is good.[/color]
+20 str = more than nos, making it easier to wield any Monarch (spirit, pheonix or ss) - More than nos, yes, but there is only so much strength you actually need.  Nosferatu's coil adds enough strength anyways, so there is no need for extra (unless if you are using specific gear, which is a possibility).
+20 vita = more life, very handy Useful.
+3 light fury = extra dmg, what else can you ask for - Main reason for using lightning fury would be the strength, lightning fury, and sorb.  That's it.
+3 light strike = more dmg again, and this skill is under rated by most javas vs player Underrated?  It's shit!
5% cast lvl7 FoH when struck = not superb, but can help out when needed. This will never help you.  Don't be stupid.

Nosferatu's: Really pretty pointless for Javazon.
Slow 10% = pointless unless you name lock, this is a physical requirement e.g. you have to hit them with wpn - [color]And the 5% FoH and 1-50 lightning damage is useful???  What a contradiction!  The slow can come in handy (especially when throwing vs. certain characters such as hammerdins).  It isn't the main reason for using this belt though.[/color]
+2 mana after each kill = not needed PvM or PvP - True, but idk why we need to include the PvM parts of the items in the discussion.
5-7% Life Steal = hmm, can not leech from light fury or pvp, so pretty pointless - See one comment above.
15 str = handy, but still less than Thunder Gods - This is one of the reasons this belt is useful.  If this belt didn't add strength, I wouldn't use it.
10% ias = hmm, handy yes, only if you were melee'ing with jab and so on. - Wait... are you saying a javazon doesn't need ias?  Charged strike anyone?  Lightning fury anyone?  Do you speedhack, or have you forgotten ias matters?  This is the main reason for wearing this belt.

I love how bias these comments are. "1-50 lightning damage... useful". "Slow... pointless... physical requirements". Note that the 1-50 lightning damage also requires a physical hit (unless if I am missing something).

Anyways, I figured it would be easier to directly comment into the quote, so I will make everything I say blue (check inside quote).

I'm not saying nosferatu's is superior, but I'm saying it is something to consider (since there are different variations and gear setups for javazons that actually do work, and nosferatu's is required for the variation I use).
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12316Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll