d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Imallin's Noobs Guide To Starting Ladder Slasher! > First timers guide to your first char!
1237Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 875.00
Dec 31 2006 06:43pm
Before we venture off into my guide, here are some threads you should also read:
Wombats guide to Slashing the Ladder
Item mechanics guide
FAQS and helpful stuff about LS
Interwebs Zero fg guide
LS Guidebook
LS and Guild Points FAQ By Paul
Game Mechanics by Paul

This guide is for all the new people to LS that have no idea what to do at all!

It explains in VERY full detail how to START your first charector!

I will try to cover the questions that I see noobs asking the most, along with all the basics.

The guide doesn't require any fg, but if you happen to have 3fg layin around - that's perfect!

Here we goooo.....

So this is your first time playing Ladder Slasher (LS), your best bet is to start with a Barbarian then work your way through the other charectors.

Barbarian:

At level 1, place all your stat points into Vitality. You should start with ten (10) of them that are unused.

Buy a weapon from the market for 1fg.
- You want to look for weapons with the following:
- Search for level III to level III - 1fg to 1fg.
- Enhanced Effect (EE) - Most important! INCREASES DAMAGE!
- Life per combat, always helps
- Strength - adds to damage
- Dextarity - adds to critical damage

From level 1-5, you should aim for something around this type of weapon, those stats are not needed until higher level anyways:
You dont have to find this exact weapon, just stick to the item mods such as the ones shown above, this is just an example!

Magical bronze axe
Damage: 15 to 18
+1 to 3 Life per Combat Round

Then buy armor:
- You want to look for armors with the following:
- Enhanced Effect (EE) - NOT IMPORTANT ON ARMOR UNLESS YOU WANT MORE DEFENSE!!!!
- Strength - adds to damage - important on barb armor!
- Dextarity - adds to critical damage - important on barb armor!

From level 1-5, you should aim for something around this type of armor, those stats are not needed until higher level anyways:
You dont have to find this exact armor, just stick to the item mods such as the ones shown above, this is just an example!
The +life helps with not having to regen and the +str helps with more damage.

Rare bronze chain mail
Defense: 10 to 26
+7 Strength
+321 Max Life

Then buy a charm, also for 1fg:
- You want to look for charms with the following:
- Enhanced Effect (EE) - NOT IMPORTANT AT ALL! NOT AT ALL ON CHARMS!
- Strength - adds to damage - important on barb armor!
- Dextarity - adds to critical damage - important on barb armor!

From level 1-5, you should aim for something around this type of charm, those stats are not needed until higher level anyways:
The +life helps so you dont have to regen, and the +crit helps for bigger hits. You dont have to find this exact charm, just stick to the
item mods such as the ones shown above, this is just an example!

Rare fire III
Spell Damage: 9 to 24
Magic Cost: 25
+58 Max Life
+2 Critical Strike

If you do not have any FG, that's okay - just 'Enter Combat Zone' and start killing monsters. Items will drop.

If you start to get low on Health (HP) (VITALITY), stop playing, leave combat zone, and let your health recover until it's full again.

If you die, you will LOSE the experiance you worked to get. Each death makes you lose 10% of the xp you have earned on that level. You can lose up to 99,999 XP in one death!

It will most likely take you about an hour to get from 1-5 with no FG. But that's okay - once you have a little bit it goes a LOT faster! So keep sellin those items on the Market!

If you did have the FG to buy the items explained above, 1-5 will go by in about 10min for you. Just keep attacking monsters, leave the combat area if you are low on HP, you dont want to lose xp.

Once you get to level 5, you can now purchase and use better items. Level 5 items. If you have more fg, do the same thing as explained above, once again ONLY ONE FG per item. Do not spend more.

Not at this low ofa level at least - it's not needed - and would be a waste.

Continue up higher and higher in level, as you hit 25-30, you are going to have to spend more on items, but you should have made a decent amount selling items so far. Be it the ones you found,

Or the ones that were replaced as you gained levels.

As you level up, USE YOUR STAT POINTS BEFORE YOU LEVEL AGAIN!

For your barb, do this:

ALL STAT POINTS INTO VITALITY UNTIL YOUR BASE VITALITY REACHES 85!!!

After that, put the rest into DEXTARITY!

NONE INTO STRENGTH

NONE INTO INTELLIGENCE

A few basics that I normally hear asked:

Q: How do I play Ladder Slasher?

A: Click 'Play Ladder Slasher' in the top right corner of this screen. Select Create New Charector. Pick one. Then play.

Q: How do I sell items?

A: There are two ways to do this, either on the trading forums (through the market, they will explain if you ever do this) or the easier way, in the Market Place Itself.

Click on the Market Place. Then slick the - button next to the item you want to sell on the Market. Enter the desired amount you wish to sell it for (Just put 1fg so it will sell faster)

Then click 'Place on Market'

When someone buys your item, the item will be sent to them automatically, and you will automatically recieve the FG, minus the FG fee, explained on the Sell Item page before you put it on the MP.

Q: I dont have any FG, what now?

A: Just do what the guide says without the parts it says buy items, and search for items that monsters drop instead.

When you come along an item that is worse than what you are using, put it on the market for 1fg.

It will sell eventually and you will earn FG for it.

Q: What is the master quest?

A: Completing the Master Quest (MQ) consists of getting to level 61, then passing the quest.

We aren't going to tell you what the quest is, find out for yourself.

If you fail, you will not unlock a secret charector and will be reset to level one.

Further explained on the above stickies.

Q: Do I lose my items when I am reset or when I reroll?

A: When you are reset - you keep all your items! - when you reroll - you keep all your items! They go into your inventory. You do lose your earned stat points though.

Q: How do I be a samurai or any of the other charectors I see on the ladder but not on the 'choose a charector' screen?

A: In order to play the secret charectors (samurai, paladin, monk, ninja, and warlock, in that order.)
You must complete the Master Quest with one of the original five (5) charector types, then with the secret charector again to unlock the next secret charector.

Q: How do I get better items?

A: You use the Market Place. Search for the type of item you want, the level you want, and the fg range you want, then click the 'buy' icon next to the item.

If you dont have FG to buy items, put every item you find on MP for 1fg, you'll get some buyers sooner or later.

Q: I have a question that isn't on here - what do I do?

A: Read the stickies on the main LS forum page - all the links are posted on the top of this thread - or PM me and ask.

If you get lost, refer back here, or to the other amazing stickies on the LS Forum page.

And dont be afraid to make a post asking questions!

And that my friends is the easiest way to get started in the LS world!

There are many ways to build barbs, this is how I built my first one and it went by VERY quickly!

In my opinion (and interwebs I believe) it is the best way to start out!

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. Donations always welcome - haha.

Hope this helps out all you new guys tryin to get into the game! Hit me up with some feedback please!

Suggestions for adds always welcome!

P.S. - I was just bored - Figured I'd make yet another guide even tho there are so many. In my opinion this one helps those people who glance at the guides but dont see 'noob' or 'starting ls' in the title and go post questions on the forum instead. Prolly not worth a sticky or anything - but I just want the thread so I can just link people to it when they ask questions that this thread answers so I dont have to type it all out cuz we all know... if you answer one question they WILL ASK TWENTY MORE!
Gold: 4,339.91
Dec 31 2006 07:58pm
i give this guide a 9/10
missing 1 cuz theres like 7 other guides lol
and this is just easie to read which is why i gave u 9!lol
Gold: 7,863.56
Dec 31 2006 08:03pm
nice condensed version -- good job

but dont sticky it - even though it may be worthy --- there are enough up there already laugh.gif

EDIT: See? i'm not always against you wub.gif wub.gif

This post was edited by paparick on Dec 31 2006 08:13pm
Dec 31 2006 08:04pm
or take someone elses down smile.gif one that isnt read often enough smile.gif
Gold: 6,376.70
Dec 31 2006 08:07pm
Quote (YellowBusRider @ Sun, Dec 31 2006, 07:04pm)

Nobody ever reads the ones posted by njag... d-lol.gif
Gold: 875.00
Dec 31 2006 08:13pm
Quote (insanebobb @ Sun, Dec 31 2006, 08:07pm)
Quote (YellowBusRider @ Sun, Dec 31 2006, 07:04pm)

Nobody ever reads the ones posted by njag... d-lol.gif

rofl -true - he doesn't tell you the good stuff. I wouldn't either if it was my game tho.

Quote (paparick @ Sun, Dec 31 2006, 08:03pm)
nice condensed version -- good job

but dont sticky it - even though it may be worthy --- there are enough up there already laugh.gif

EDIT:  See?  i'm not always against you wub.gif  wub.gif

Didn't see the edit. I know I know I just like givin you a hard time for the two times you were against me. smile.gif

Thanks so far for not making me feel like an idiot and saying it was stupid of me to post this.

This post was edited by ImAllIn on Dec 31 2006 08:15pm
Dec 31 2006 08:14pm
lol cuz they seem too formal
Gold: 685.21
Trader: Trusted
Dec 31 2006 08:19pm
good job man

9.5/10
Dec 31 2006 08:19pm
Quote (themanthelegend @ Mon, Jan 1 2007, 02:19am)
good job man

9.5/10

OUT VOTE MY VOTE WILL YOU?!!
fine then
9.69/10 lol
Gold: 6,376.70
Dec 31 2006 08:22pm
Quote (YellowBusRider @ Sun, Dec 31 2006, 07:19pm)
Quote (themanthelegend @ Mon, Jan 1 2007, 02:19am)
good job man

9.5/10

OUT VOTE MY VOTE WILL YOU?!!
fine then
9.69/10 lol

Everyone who thinks YellowBusRider has spent too much time in the trade forums please say I.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
1237Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll